Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65399 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ishilove: 5:12am On Jul 12, 2020
The NES should have carried the NIS and other relevant authorities along. There is an embargo on international flights and you need special permission to fly, so the NIS are in order.

Nigeria isn't so lawless after all.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Wettoid123: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2020
OkunrinMeta:

This may sound harsh but..

Why do poor people have children?

I understand having 1 child. But why would you have more than one and be coming online to beg for sustenance? We no Sabi have children abi? Abi na only you like to Bleep?

hahahahahahahaha you be bad guy you know no say God bless poor people with pikin pass the rich the poor fuckkk anyhow cos they are always around their wife who sit down at home tying wrapper round their waist all day long, the guy na twitter begger!
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Wettoid123: 5:25am On Jul 12, 2020
luiginho2xl:
Please stop quoting the post. You are reposting it. Just click on report and the 5
that is the truth.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 5:32am On Jul 12, 2020
WorkSmartEdu:
Hmmmm hope this saga (visa waiver letter.. shocked angry grin grin) did not emanate from Huspuppy and his cronies? This sounds too good to be true. Anyway some people may be about to learn some very bitter lesson.. shocked shocked angry angry
It sounds very Hushpuppi ish. If they were really desperate for the doctors they would have found a way to issue those visas. The organization did not even contact the UK immigration even once. Nigeriams are gullible sha. Up till now there is no evidence of that visa waiver anywhere. Its not written in amy official site and has not been announced through official channels
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2020
Correcto:
Lol does a company or firm have the right to grant visa waiver. Doctors contact NHS or Home Office if you want to run out of the country.
Finally someone with a functioning brain. Up till now there is no evidemce of this so called waiver. Have you noticed how the UK immigration has not been mentioned even once

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 5:36am On Jul 12, 2020
sexylassie2:
so they were scammed
Exactly
You don talk finish
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by TONYE001(m): 5:41am On Jul 12, 2020
RaptorX:
It is not always about money, there is something called love for your people and land. If all Nigerian doctors run to oyinbo countries because of money who is going to take care of the 200 million Nigerians living here.

So, how would these doctors feed their families? You expect them to continue to work without basic equipment like PPE? Would this love save them from the imminent death from COVID-19?

Do you know how much hatred and antagonism these doctors suffer from the so called people? Just go through threads about doctors on this site and see for yourself.

How do you expect doctors to continue to function in societies that don't appreciate them? You know how much the hazard allowance is? And this government isn't even paying this regularly!

Let me just stop here.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by TONYE001(m): 5:58am On Jul 12, 2020
frog12:
THE doctors are driven by PURE GREED

What on God's earth are you saying!

Greed?

So, would you continue to work in a firm that pays you almost nothing, doesn't pay you regularly, treats you badly and exposes you to all kinds of risks when you have a much better alternative? Put yourself in the shoes of medics and be sincere.

How do you expect these guys to feed their children and wives? Would you take care of their children when THEY DIE OF COVID-19?

I'm sure you've read of soldiers opting out because our government has failed to provide them with ammo.

The oath doctors take doesn't limit them to any country. Doctors save lives irrespective of your nationality. So, even though they travel to the moon, as far as they are saving lives, no wahala.

How much are your thieving politicians paid? What do they even do sef other than to steal our commonwealth?

You may not know this but let me just tell you. A good chunk (way over fifty percent) of our doctors are writing series of professional exams to help them escape this country. Go ask the medical students around... You'd find that most of them are also planning to leave this country as soon as possible. Nurses aren't left out.

If you want this to stop, kindly ask the government to treat our doctors better.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Freestainworld(m): 5:58am On Jul 12, 2020
Futuragetty:

I'm supporting FG on this move. Did you forget that those MD's Took oath to save lives. Why would they think of leaving in no other time than this covid-19 pandemic? we already have a few doctors available for our enormous population? Id delist them from NMA list if I was president. They're so selfish!
who is selfish, the government that have refused to pay them or what, our politicians are wicked, you think it's easy exposing yourself to danger without being acknowledged? how much do they pay our doctors, don't talk like this because you are not in the profession.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by emkz: 5:59am On Jul 12, 2020
GboyegaD:
They should let them go ooo. If naija no wan pay them their worth, why delay them of their success? Worse na to travel go Ghana pass there enter jand.

Bros, this is an unfair comment. Medical training in Nigeria is undoubtedly one of the cheapest in the world, and we do have some excellent doctors. A doctor who knows what he's doing can be a millionaire in Nigeria because he is allowed to have his own private practice. I don't like when these developed countries poach our talents that would have been enmeshed in debts had they trained abroad. Let us develop our health sector.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by samsard(m): 6:02am On Jul 12, 2020
JosephXavier:
This one na to comot food from person mouth

People that are paid 387 USD that will amount to at most 5k in a year in Nigeria annually have counterparts earning close to 100k in UK

Zoogeria can't help you and won't let you help yourself

Can you compare Nigeria's GDP per capita to UK?
Cuba barely even pays its doctors
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by coputa(m): 6:37am On Jul 12, 2020
Futuragetty:

I'm supporting FG on this move. Did you forget that those MD's Took oath to save lives. Why would they think of leaving in no other time than this covid-19 pandemic? we already have a few doctors available for our enormous population? Id delist them from NMA list if I was president. They're so selfish!
Is your country worth dying for?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Hushpuppy20(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Anything wey pass cry na to take am laugh ;DAnything wey pass cry na to take am laugh
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Futuragetty: 6:43am On Jul 12, 2020
Freestainworld:
who is selfish, the government that have refused to pay them or what, our politicians are wicked, you think it's easy exposing yourself to danger without being acknowledged? how much do they pay our doctors, don't talk like this because you are not in the profession.
Tell me any profession that is paid the wages they deserves in Nigeria? None! I thought as much.
now, For the sake of humanity, is going for the highest bidder the appropriate call to make now. Britain wouldn't allow Nigerians into their country now but would bring in our doctors.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 6:43am On Jul 12, 2020
Feggie3:

My dear Nigeria is under common wealth, so it's a memorandum that we still have treaties with UK. Based on employment, previously they consider their citizens, then EU citizens before Commonwealth citizens. But since they've pulled out of EU, we are somewhat prioritised now. It's an organised agreement in employment tiers. UK is highly organised. Moreover they know what they still benefit from Nigeria.
In all this talk I have not heard or read the UK immigration offically announce this. Why ina dey like this nah
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Let me get this straight. A UK firm ( not the UK government) asks you pay money to come to UK that there is visa waiver then you foolishly agree to this.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Futuragetty: 6:49am On Jul 12, 2020
coputa:
Is your country worth dying for?
Ah bros, Honestly, this questions has been overflogged in the past. although It's not advisable to even try but it's worth giving a shot at least.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2020
Chartey:

The NES is a very big organisation in the UK although not as big as the NHS. They certainly have the power to apply for waivers for doctors which they did.
If there was such an agreement the UK border would have handled anything. Can a company in Nigeria just fly in doctors from say Saudi arabia withoit the knowledge of the NIS
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Jaqenhghar: 6:58am On Jul 12, 2020
Some of them would have sold their properties believing they won't come back.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Femidfo: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2020
they should allow them to go now...
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by JosephXavier: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2020
samsard:
Can you compare Nigeria's GDP per capita to UK?
Cuba barely even pays its doctors

Only the 39 billion naira stolen by Magu can build 6 world class hospitals in Nigeria's 6 geopolitical zones let's say given 6 billion each, and we'll still have 3 billion to argument doctor's salary with

This is how rotten the system is in Nigeria so don't tell me we have no money
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Freestainworld(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2020
Futuragetty:

Tell me any profession that is paid the wages they deserves in Nigeria? None! I thought as much.
now, For the sake of humanity, is going for the highest bidder the appropriate call to make now. Britain wouldn't allow Nigerians into their country now but would bring in our doctors.
they stopped them from traveling because our hushdaddys politicians can't go out for medical tourism again at the moment, when they tell them to put their country in order they refuse, now they are waking up because their lives now depends on them.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by samsard(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2020
JosephXavier:

Only the 39 billion naira stolen by Magu can build 6 world class hospitals in Nigeria's 6 geopolitical zones let's say given 6 billion each, and we'll still have 3 billion to argument doctor's salary with

This is how rotten the system is in Nigeria so don't tell me we have no money
Everyone in this country is underpaid in one way or another. Don't expect a third world country to pay like a first world, it's unrealistic. Like I said, check our GDP per capita (2k USD) and compare with the UK's (43k USD) before you jump. Also, yes 6 billion can go a long way in infrastructure, but in long term recurrent expenditure for 10s of thousands, that's not much. We can't compete with the UK even if we wanted to, not at this point.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by LordReed(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2020
Smells like a scam.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by lagdmark(m): 7:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

It sounds very Hushpuppi ish. If they were really desperate for the doctors they would have found a way to issue those visas. The organization did not even contact the UK immigration even once. Nigeriams are gullible sha. Up till now there is no evidence of that visa waiver anywhere. Its not written in amy official site and has not been announced through official channels
See how enlighten person view issues, not those noise makers wey they shout let dem gooooo! they forgotten that those Nigerian doctors may end up in the hands of some India or Pakistani job agencies that will reduce the salary by 50% or even scam them.
When some Nigerians read anything Europe or America they believe it's all juicy.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by UKBobo(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2020
The doctors should not leave. I am sure many of them voted APC. The French did not leave France for it to improve. Malians are now overthrowing their president for better regime change. Burkinabe did the same two years ago. Coward Nigerians just type shit on social media and refuse to action their manifest destiny.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by OShepherd: 8:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Thought one so called Fake "Dr Minister" in his shallow mind said we have too many Doctors in Nigeria & we can export them? Or are we not in Nigeria again
Somebody remind us of the video na

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by seunayantokun(m): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2020
They will go, there must always be a way out of a problem. If they don't have visas and the UK government has cleared them to be issued visa on arrival, they only have to spend more time working out this and that. Let them add prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Why must they be buried in poverty?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by seunayantokun(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2020
lagdmark:

See how enlighten person view issues, not those noise makers wey they shout let dem gooooo! they forgotten that those Nigerian doctors may end up in the hands of some India or Pakistani job agencies that will reduce the salary by 50% or even scam them.
When some Nigerians read anything Europe or America they believe it's all juicy.

Well, it is not like you view it. There are standards for salary matters in the UK, you cannot play against the rules. Records are everywhere, no agency can hide anywhere. You may not earn as you desire at the beginning but when you update yourself, you are there. And if you are not ready for taxes, please don't come - but you see results of your taxes all around you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.