Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65403 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

I guess you were there when the NES chattered flight for Nigerian doctors

The NES didnt see to employ doctors from the European Union, it is from only Nigeria they thought of

You guys think, think, It is easier for the UK to get Free doctors from the EU than Nigeria

This is organised fraud by some scammers
Most african countries actually. The doctors from Zimbabwe have left already
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by khalids: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
this looks like a scam.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by saxywale1: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
kingzizzy:
So a Doctor in tye UK earns in a month what a Doctor in Nigeria earns in a year? Who can blame Doctors from leaving?
Every profession in a developed country or countries with higher GDP earns higher and not just doctors. I am not a doctor, but my wage is equivalent to around £75,000 a year. Teachers, policemen, pharmacists, mechanics e.t.c all earn higher wages.

The issue with naija is that the politicians earn higher than their counterparts in developed countries despite our very low GDP. The excessive wage could have been used to develop infrastructures, education sector, health sector e.t.c.

Low wage due to low GDP is not the only reason professionals migrate. Everyone likes to work in an environment not lacking tools and resources to do their work diligently.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by BabaRamota1980: 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
The gullibility and vulnerability of Nigerians for exploitation is superbly amazing. I read today of Nigerians trafficked to Lebanon and abused there. Here im reading about doctors to be trafficked and exploited in UK. When does it end? When do we get sense to see beyond the smokescreen.

No matter what anybody promise you abroad you must first test its validity before you leave here. This group in UK is private organization not government. What is the guarantee the Nigerian doctors will earn the amount offered? They will lodge them and pay two weeks out of 30days, the other two weeks who pays, and what is the rent? They said they secured visa on arrival for them because UK embassy in Nigeria is closed. The embassy is still processing visa but with waivers for emergencies. If they could get them waiver in UK why not secure waiver for them in Nigeria and get visa before leaving? This whole thing has a smell of scam.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by OkunrinMeta: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
Wettoid123:

hahahahahahahaha you be bad guy you know no say God bless poor people with pikin pass the rich the poor fuckkk anyhow cos they are always around their wife who sit down at home tying wrapper round their waist all day long, the guy na twitter begger!

Yes oo. I dey para. Like the thing dey vex me when people dey use pikin beg. Na me no Sabi Bleep abi? Lol. I dey here dey wrap my gbola with condom everytime and my mate wey dey Bleep anyhow dey born like factory go wan com beg the money wey I save by planning my life. Rubbish people.

Me I pay your child's school fees so when you're no longer worried about that, you can go impregnate your wife again.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by 12inchess: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
To be honest with you most Nigerian youths with enough sense are motivation are looking outside. Even me I'm outside and I don't regret it. I know it's hard to process immigration and expensive but I will advice all youths below 40 to leave Nigeria LEGALLY for Tinubu, Buhari and their cohorts.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
when Buhari and Abba Kyari and Governorsd travel abroad for treatment - where do you think the best doctors are grin grin ZOOOOOOO
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by bizzibodi(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Omo see money, doctors don suffer for 9ja.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by earnit3: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
They should sue the government
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

Let's think here.

Another govt is coming to take your citizens during an emergency period and the government of Nigeria is not aware.

Pls, let's think, where has the UK granted any foreign nationals even doctors visas on arrival.

I hope you know that nes is a UK govt agency not a private organization, can a UK govt agency over ride its embassy in Nigeria.

Lastly, Why only nigeria?

The truth will be out soon

It seems thinking and asking questions in Nigeria is a big No, people just believe anything said to them.
it wasn't only nigeria. Zimbabwe too
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Blackking98(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
allthingsgood:

I know u have sense na
So when all the doctors go, who will treat u in your hospitals
The remaining doctors will treat me.
I cannot be a stumbling block to someone's destiny oga.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:

https://punchng.com/nigerian-doctors-stopped-at-lagos-airport-promised-millions-by-uk-firm/?amp=1

This is just half of the story and it is not the true story.

These people are going to be experimented for Corona virus vaccination. 3 weeks ago Malawi and Uganda intercepted some of their doctors which were heading to Europe. Honda heavy interrogation they found out they were going to be used for convert 19 test on vaccination
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by allthingsgood: 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
Blackking98:

The remaining doctors will treat me.
I cannot be a stumbling block to someone's destiny oga.

Which remaining doctors
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Blackking98(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
allthingsgood:

Which remaining doctors
So you're saying all the doctors in Nigeria were stopped at the airport en route to UK? Clown.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by allthingsgood: 3:33am On Jul 13, 2020
Blackking98:

So you're saying all the doctors in Nigeria were stopped at the airport en route to UK? Clown.

If they are allowed, all will leave. Dumbo
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Tumadre: 4:59am On Jul 13, 2020
JosephXavier:
This one na to comot food from person mouth

People that are paid 387 USD that will amount to at most 5k in a year in Nigeria annually have counterparts earning close to 100k in UK

Zoogeria can't help you and won't let you help yourself

I mean it’s even 3x that in the US. Nigerians are suffering
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Blackking98(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2020
allthingsgood:

If they are allowed, all will leave. Dumbo
Be deceiving yourself.
Village man
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by ElPhoche(m): 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
The same FG that pays politicians 10x the salary of a consultant.
Now you're bringing Hippocratic oath,know that this oath is not restricted to a particular country, especially this zoo of a country.
This same zoo where hazard allowance is 5k grin grin
Doctors can choose where they decide to save lives from,it's their right!!
Why don't you tell your even more selfish FG to give better pay and better working conditions to these doctors?
As if they were trained for free grin
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
poiunt:
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I did my Findings and i have come to the conclusion that NES Healthcare is a genuine recruitment organisation.

After all the argument up and down, i decided to check on the company and i got their facebook page

It seems we have all been arguing with semi baked information from our news media and blogs

A simple fact checking would have solved everything

This is the advert of the recruitment

Are you a Doctor with ICU and Anaesthesia experience, looking for a better work / life balance?
At NES Healthcare we can offer you this with one of our ICU RMO positions.
You will be working in a private Hospital group, and we have various locations around the UK.
The rotation is one week on duty then one week off + accommodation and meals are provided free of charge during your on duty week.
To apply you will need a minimum of [b]3 years post-graduate experience
and have 18+ months of ICU and Anaesthesia experience.
Salary from £51,384 to £98,112 dependent on experience. Contracts for a minimum of one year.
You will need to hold full GMC Registration with a Licence to Practice, or be eligible to apply.
If you would like to discuss this further please forward your CV to recruitment@neshealthcare.co.uk, or you can call the Recruitment Team on 00 44 (0)1603 305 210.[/b]

the company did chattered a flight but for which country they didn't specify.

We wish everyone flying in on the NES private charter flight tomorrow a safe and pleasant flight - we look forward to welcoming you to the UK

You were stubborn in your ignorance and you don't even have the decency to apologise to all those who, being better-informed, tried to correct you.
You must be a very proud person.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Aussie2doc: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chartey:

You were stubborn in your ignorance and you don't even have the decency to apologise to all those who, being better-informed, tried to correct you.
You must be a very proud person.
He is even better than his boss @justwise. That one is proudly engrossed in ignorance.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Aussie2doc:
He is even better than his boss @justwise. That one is proudly engrossed in ignorance.

From health minister Dr Osagie Ehanire today:

“With regards to the 58 doctors, we were all surprised to hear that they were at the airport and it was irregular in that many of them did not have visas. I don’t know what evidence you have whether they have left the country but no one should leave the country without a visa.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/07/17/health-minister-to-fleeing-doctors-uk-wont-pamper-you-with-hazard-allowance/
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chartey:

The NES is a very big organisation in the UK although not as big as the NHS. They certainly have the power to apply for waivers for doctors which they did.

They are not, trying to compare NES to NHS is like comparing a road side pharmacy to a general hospital
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

They are not, trying to compare NES to NHS is like comparing a road side pharmacy to a general hospital

If "200 hospitals and clinics" is not big then I don't know what is big.
Nobody said it was anywhere as big as the NHS.
Stop looking for another topic to argue about.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chartey:

If "200 hospitals and clinics" is not big then I don't know what is big.
Nobody said it was anywhere as big as the NHS.
Stop looking for another topic to argue about.

Do you know any job agency that recruits professionals for 200 companies?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
justwise:

Do you know any job agency that recruits professionals for 200 companies?

You know a lot about the UK, we wey don tey for NL sabi.
But please you don't know this, chief.

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chartey:

I joined nairaland before you and you don't know what you are talking about in this particular issue
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
justwise:

I joined nairaland before you and you don't know what you are talking about in this particular issue
I essentially implied you were old on NL in the reply you quoted. You're obviously not in the mood to understand anything today.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Aussie2doc: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
justwise:

From health minister Dr Osagie Ehanire today:

“With regards to the 58 doctors, we were all surprised to hear that they were at the airport and it was irregular in that many of them did not have visas. I don’t know what evidence you have whether they have left the country but no one should leave the country without a visa.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/07/17/health-minister-to-fleeing-doctors-uk-wont-pamper-you-with-hazard-allowance/

old news. The minister said those things two days ago and he didn't tell you they have not left. That news was on Wednesday. He was indirectly begging doctors not to leave. He didn't say they left or not. And like I earlier told you, they told them to keep quiet about the eventual departure. Once a Nigerian minister tells you that he can't confirm wether they have left or not....what do you think he was saying? And those guys didn't leave without visa....a waiver is equivalent to visa. Just like nysc certificate and exemption. Bottom line is that you are posting old news

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Aussie2doc:
old news. The minister said those things two days ago and he didn't tell you they have not left. That news was on Wednesday. He was indirectly begging doctors not to leave. He didn't say they left or not. And like I earlier told you, they told them to keep quiet about the eventual departure. Once a Nigerian minister tells you that he can't confirm wether they have left or not....what do you think he was saying? And those guys didn't leave without visa....a waiver is equivalent to visa. Just like nysc certificate and exemption. Bottom line is that you are posting old news

Story for the gods, they were told to keep quiet for what exactly? Nigeria and the UK doesn't have any visa waiver agreement so how can a recruitment agency get one for doctors traveling for work?

If at all those doctors left Nigeria they did that with tier 2 visa and not visa waiver.

Old news? An article published today?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chartey:

Chartey:

I essentially implied you were old on NL in the reply you quoted. You're obviously not in the mood to understand anything today.

You write as bad as you reason

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.