Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto (9979 Views)

Funke Akindele To Remarry As JJC Proposes / Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) / The Making Of Omo Ghetto Part 2 By Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by fredoooooo: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2011
tunde300us:

Check out the way the movie started with two guys fighting each other and suddenly they vanish into thin air,what is the meaning of that

Then suddenly some ppl running after some ladies (thugs) for almost 5mins nd they wont catch up wit em even if they have a yokozuna amongst them,i think she can do beta.

Ofcourse we re used to wack movies in Nigeria to the extent u say cos funke is in it,then suddenly its the bomb.When u compare her first movie JENIFA with all odas u will undastand with me they re just pure over-do comedy

with your description of how the movie started and the guys running after themselves , thats just the reality in the ghetto , not everybody is born with a silverspoon , its not everybody that live in Ikoyi ,
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by dsgirl: 7:01am On Feb 05, 2011
Some people cannot just appreciate anything good in their lifes. All they are good at is criticize and condemn. that is the way they were born and bred. and its not as if they can do or think better than the people they criticize. They just derive pleasure in opening their mouth and vomiting rubbish. just so they we say someone has a contrary opinion. *Long Hissssss*
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by fstranger1: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2011
dsgirl:

Some people cannot just appreciate anything good in their lifes. All they are good at is criticize and condemn. that is the way they were born and bred. and its not as if they can do or think better than the people they criticize. They just derive pleasure in opening their mouth and vomiting rubbish. just so they we say someone has a contrary opinion. *Long Hissssss*

Are you Funke Akindele

Isnt constructive criticism supposed to be part of your job'

The truth is that part 1 was whacky, do better with part 2. . . sefinin.
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by violent(m): 10:28am On Feb 05, 2011
fstranger1:

Are you Funke Akindele

Isnt constructive criticism supposed to be part of your job'

The truth is that[b] part 1 was whacky[/b], do better with part 2. . . sefinin.

Your opinion!
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by fstranger1: 10:29am On Feb 05, 2011
violent:

Your opinion!

Well, I am speaking for everyone that watched it on Youtube

Go look at the YouTube comments
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by violent(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2011
fstranger1:

Well, I am speaking for everyone that watched it on Youtube

Go look at the YouTube comments

which ones? these ones?

Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by violent(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2011
or these ones?

Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by fstranger1: 10:54am On Feb 05, 2011
^^^^

You no get job?

Come wash my arse? grin
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by violent(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2011
^^^

You[i] "pu-pued''[/i] again? it's high time we bought those nappies!
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by tunde300us(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2011
This is ma prob with NL peeps oh,b4 u say jack robinson someone is here to abuse u,without anytin sensible to say.
Of all the things i have written is there anywhere i insulted any1 here and yet some low life despondent idiots come here to start asking why i dont like good things.When she made JENIFA i saw sometin reasonable and i made mention of it and so what in the world will make me hate her (for wat).
For ur info i use to know funke while she was at methodist but we neva got talking cos she was ma lil sis class mate and so what the heck.

Am sure all those saying the movie is the bomb re prob the cast nd crew of the movie who re nt ready to hear anytin to the contrary. shiiiioooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
I'll be quite surprised if everyone agrees to the fact that Funke Akindele is a bundle of talents and that Omo Ghetto is a classic wink

That is life and human beings are different .

The fact (which can not be disputed) is that the girl is a STAR and smiling to the bank, wish I could be her right now grin

All haters can go and drink haterode, too much big grammer here jere undecided
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
I love funke akindele to bits,my best yoruba actress,but for this omo ghetto,she kinda disapointed me,i expected much 4rom it,the story line was just too whack,quite unklike her,the comedy part was ok,but the whole twin story is just outta it, some scenes were uncalled for!, And before some people start running their mouths,constructive criticism doesnt mean hating (n y would i want to hate), She has already stepped up ha game so i expect ha to do better n not the other way round.The fact that am a her fan doesnt make everytin she does perfect,
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by gee2(m): 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2011
iya oni ya, baba oni baba, alake = goat
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2011
is it just me or is funkie looky nasty sexy these days
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2011
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by farochron(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2011
If you don't like the film and you want constructive criticism then I don't think you went about it the right way. If you had gone about it like someone first appreciated her then you would not have gotten those bashing. As for my own piece. I never liked Yoruba films but Funke Akindele changed that with Jennifer and Omo ghetto was not really bad. Just like someone earlier said "We were all not brought up in Ikoyi or VI" Even some of those criticizing this movie were brought up in areas and communities worse than where the movie was shot.
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2011
farochron:

If you don't like the film and you want constructive criticism then I don't think you went about it the right way. If you had gone about it like someone first appreciated her then you would not have gotten those bashing. As for my own piece. I never liked Yoruba films but Funke Akindele changed that with Jennifer and Omo ghetto was not really bad. Just like someone earlier said "We were all not brought up in Ikoyi or VI" Even some of those criticizing this movie were brought up in areas and communities worse than where the movie was shot.

grin @bolded, there is no where near as bad as Badia shocked It is the worst place on this planet. I have been there and wondered why Fashola's tanks took Oshodi and left Badia. It is THE GHETTO of ghettos in Nigeria. I am really impressed Funke took time out to actually select locations from the place and shot. it is not an easy life there. Mushin is a paradise compared to Badia
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by tosinaded(m): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
mincuu:

guy, u too much, thanks for dat link

u re welcome!
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by toytop(m): 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2011
The story is about Funke featuring non-actors in the movie, not if she's good or no angryt. Y'all better find something better to do than to criticize someone who's obviously doing so well. She's a star and if you don't like her story line, go watch Baba Suwe or Dejo movies jare cheesy, SMH, Shesh!
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by naijasing(f): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2011
funke u re 2 much
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by AfricaMars: 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2011
Funke is undoubtedly Talented. Wish we have more original actors and film makers like her in Nigeria.
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by mamagee3(f): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2011
naijasing:

funke u re 2 much
Yes, she is.
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by mamagee3(f): 12:28am On Feb 07, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

is it just me or is funkie looky nasty sexy these days
grin grin grin
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by eleshin(m): 3:51am On Feb 08, 2011
d only mistake i saw in d movie was d clean body of d so cld omo ghettos,with all those vices commited by dem i was expectin marks allover dia body but they were so clean dat u'd mistake dem 4 a butty if nt 4 d street lingos dey spewed.i watched d film more dan 4 times nd i cnt get enuff of it.my best part was wen dey were sprayin 5naira notes nd those girls displaced dem with higher denominations,d singer didnt help atall he was shouting e ba lo o n pe!.men i luv d film die!
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by tunde300us(m): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
And am sure u also enjoyed the almost 1hr of advert in btw the movie too rite?
Re: Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2021
semid4lyfe:
Wack actress tongue

This her Jennifa and omo ghetto ish is played out jare. She should give us something else and stop playing the same role over and over again.

Nigerian (Well worldwide actually)movie landscape is all about typecasting. Once a certain sort of character gets a reaction from the audience it's flogged to death!

But in Nigeria the problem is we are fixated with comedy... probably cause we don't have much to laugh about in reality, but I really wish Horror and non exaggerated comedy not focused on love stories get the limelight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update: Rihanna Bloodied, Beaten, Bitten By Chris Brown / Throwback Photos Of Kunle Remi Kissing Adesua Etomi [PICS] / Dbanj Visits NAFDAC Laboratory And Offices: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.