Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? (51043 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by kingshrd: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

Please I need your inputs on this. First class
graduates, did you start getting first class from 100level till final year?
While chasing that first class make you you acquiring skills too focus on IT cause it goes hand in hand with the sciences
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by BiafranDel: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
Futuragetty:

Sorry man, I wasn't going to make you believe what's obviously impossible for you. If anybody tell you otherwise, Forget it. If first class grade was that easy, Everyone will have it. 98.6 % of this people advising you had lower than 2.1.

Since when did "not easy" mean impossible?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Mayng01(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Good luck & I wish you the best

BiafranDel:
You don't need to play the more experienced card for me bro, you don't know me either. Don't think I'm a child.

You are wrong. It is possible to graduate with a first class even without being in first class in 100level, whether A or B.

It's not rocket science to know that to get first class, one needs more A grades than B
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Kyra1(f): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
JBoss25:
wtf is that possible
There's nothing difficult there. If he's determined he can do it. Btw, that's the only solution to his first class.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Frededdyz(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
Show us your kofa account ��
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by joviegghead: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
Advocatmsani:
You are still the master of your fate. In as much as 1st year's G.P is very paramount in achieving one's dream honour, it shouldn't weigh you down. Graduating with a first-class degree is easier with a good start- if it doesn't get into your head along the way. My best performance was at 100 level: 4.91. I couldn't achieve a better feat in any of the remaining years. I graduated magna-cum-laude (4.65) though. It gets harder as one progresses.

My advice for you however, is to do your best and get connections. Its not what you graduate with that matters anymore in this country. I am still unemployed!
Fam! That makes us 2! Lol.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Hectarus(m): 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

If you can pull 5.00 from your first semester 200 Level till your final lap.

Yes it is
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by AKzee(m): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Having CGPA of 3.whatever in your level 100, First Class will be very difficult. Looking at the result you presented, you are not that strong to challenge for First Class. Nothing is impossible though. All the best.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by sugarsoul(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
Depends on your department bruv, I see you're in physical science faculty, and that uniben Mehn, e get some department wey no get joy o. Under normal circumstances, it's very possible. I really pray you get your desired result.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by dpromise001(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
Fatherly advice

Don't target grade 'A' rather target Score 90%

Even if you fall, you still fall into grade 'A'

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by frozen70(f): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

I want to appreciate your zeal to come out with first class and to say yes, you can make it, if you double your efforts
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by EtteP(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
U need to have almost 5.0 throughout your stay in d university
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by DaRuud(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
You can still make it that depends on the course and the University Sadist lecturers .

You must read hard , ensure you have good attendance , better score in CA and high target in the exams , target A like there's no tomorrow, be loyal and simple .

Avoid girls ,

Once again avoid girls ,

I repeat , avoid girls .

For the last time , avoid girls ooooooh

BiafranDel:
Hello guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Kmartt(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Computer science student of Uniben spotted
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by unibenakpos(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
why you think so? I be Delsuite grin
same course code as uniben
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by HembaqMbk: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
You need this -

Year2 = 4.8

Year3 = 4.8

Year3 = 4 8

Anything less than that is a big issue.

It is still possible to graduate with first class. You need to work smart.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by ghidhehorn(m): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
Make I no lie to you...you no fit get first class with 2 consecutive 2:1 GPA. 3.83 CGPA

It really gonna be hard to climb to 4.5 CGPA unless you can have 4.9 to 5.0 three good times.

Let say to have
3.83 yr 1
4.6 yr 2
4.7 yr 3
4.65 yr 4
Your total CGPA gonna be 4.45 at the end which is 2:1. I'm speaking from experience. But you have to keep borrowing courses and passing them well. That's the scope. With that first class is sure

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Chrisrare: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
I find this type of question stupid. with the GPA you already have, what stops you from making First Class if you ace your remaining papers?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Vickybanks: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
That's your own calculation, wait till school calculate theirs then you know...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by henry78okez(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Stillthebest:

Next time read to understand not because you want to reply? Can dumb ppl be successful?
I did say the Op should up his IQ.

Is it New to your hearing that most successful ppl didn't have first class or never at the top of the class?
To lecture your crass, being intelligent is different from being academically sound.

Some ppl read their ass off to pass a course while some just grab the content by mere few hours of studying.

Average students in class are known to have higher drive for success while the top class leaders claim their territorial stands in the classrooms or work for ppl..

I never say ppl shouldnt opt for what they crave, and there are always exception to every Law.

Next Time u are quoting me com up with more enunciated and deep quotients.

complete truth, u jst nailed it
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Arvelo(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hahjascho:
It's hell possible mehn, only if you're ready to give all what it takes. Double your preparation, hate B grade like D, avoid all sets of mistake that once came your way. Set a very high target for yourself with relevant preparation.

And lastly, avoid marijuana like death trap.
Bro why advice that?Him taking it has nothing to do with it...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by spartanguyman: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
E
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by QuinieR(f): 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
University can be funny
My 100lv i had 4.5CGPA.it drop in my second yr and third yr..last last i graduated with second class upper .
OP buckle up
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by SmartPolician: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel

Do not be obsessed with your GDP in school

That was the mistake some of us made in school.

Socialize...meet people and Network

More importantly, go for programs that will reposition you for the future

The truth is that Nigeria's paper qualification is increasingly becoming useless.

However, the contact you made in school can set you up tomorrow

As regards your question, yes, you can still make a first class

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Arvelo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
sabbiboi:

Is there an health or academic risk attached to smoking weed?
Abeg help me ask oo... Cause weed makes me my reading intensed...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by KoredeOgreads: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
jauntty:
Guy, you be UNIBEN Student abi?!

From the courses code you go done know grin
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Arvelo(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Start Blogging Business Now And Thank Me Later, THAT'S MY ADVICE FOR YOU, get in touch with me, if you are interested
Bro please I'm interested...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Arvelo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
martius101:

I love this....naso my brother no be lie o.... when I was in school I started like that....omo...the thing enter my head ...I know come dey read again......I dey tell you when I dey 300l.....I was on 1.8....imagine.....omo.....read o.... continue don't stop...
Seconded... Bro me and you paddle the same boat oo... Naso me sef start oo...E enter my head...
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
Arvelo:
Bro please I'm interested...

Get In Touch with Me On Whatsapp
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by madridsta007(m): 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

I had a low 2.1 after my first year. I think it was 3.93 or so.
However, I finished with a 1st Class.
It is very, very possible.
You just have to be consistently ruthless for the remaining three years.
Avoid socials, ladies, drinking, smoking, etc.
I lived a "triangle" life- School/library; home; church.
Ignore your 1st year result and act as if this 2nd year is brand new.
Then BELIEVE you can.
IGNORE the naysayers here and in life. Develop a thick skin.
More importantly, trust God. Pray.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by mcknowles: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
We made those grades and far more.... trust, never depend on it. it is a gamble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Admission To Olabisi Onabanjo University / Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria / Endsars: Students Create Lecture Timetable In Case ASUU Calls Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.