Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,991 members, 7,835,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! (1146 Views)

Instead Of You To Marry Another Girl,I Will Kill You & Kill Myself - Sugar Mummy / Woman Allows A Madman To ‘chop’ Her In Front Of Crowd In Public For Money +VIDEO / Lady Curses Her Boyfriend Of 9 Years For Dumping Her To Marry Another Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by MadeINchenzen2: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2020
I know the caption of this thread may have shocked you so much that you decided to read it through and figure out how the OP came up with it.

Perhaps some of u know about it and some does not.

Well I didnt come up with that by myself via fiction or fabrication.

The part of the igbo tradition that allows a woman marry another woman actually exists and is been practiced by persons in such situations.

Situations that stipulates as thus;

"When a man gets married as the only child or the only male child of his parent, his wife must marry another woman if he dies without having a child to preserve his lineage by name".

firstly, I must point out that "This isn't a form of lesbianism though" as it is legally done in western climes.

How it is done in some parts of Igboland?

If a man gets married but dies before having a child, his widowed wife cannot choose to remarry but compelled by tradition to find another single lady who is willing, and get married to her.

The widowed woman can choose to marry a pregnant woman without a partner or marries one that's is yet to conceive but encourages her to go out and get pregnant after their wedding.

The new bride puts to bed and both women will be responsible for the baby's upbringing.

Do not forget that the real reason for this union is for the purpose of preserving the threatened lineage, meaning that the baby will have to take the initials and surname of the widows husband.
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by Profprom(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2020
cry
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by SweetCunt97(f): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2020
True. Don't know if it's still practiced
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by Prechgold1180(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Watched something like this before patience ozorkwor married a woman for her late hubby ND encourage d woman to sleep around just to get preg
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by anthonyuncle(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
it might appear obsolete, but still happens secretly in some homes
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
it is still in practice in the igbo tradition.
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
These are the reasons why most single sons get married early.

Same reason why most of them gets a woman pregnant before getting married to her.

Now u've learned something new from chenzengrin

You are wiser now as a single lady.

The next time u are dating an only child. watch outgrin
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by dukeprince50: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
I know the caption of this thread has shocked you so much that you decided to read it through and figure out how the OP came up with it.

Perhaps some of u know about it and some does not.

Well I didnt come up with that by myself via fiction or fabrication.

The part of the igbo tradition that allows a woman marry another woman actually exists and is been practiced by persons in such situations.

Situations that stipulates that when a man gets married as the only child or the only male child of his parent, his wife must marry another woman if he dies without having a child to preserve his lineage by name.

firstly, I must point out that "This isn't a form lesbianism though" as it is legally done in western climes.

How it is done in some parts of Igboland?

If a man gets married but dies before having a child, his widowed wife cannot choose to remarry but compelled by tradition to find another single lady who is willing, and get married to her.

The widowed woman can choose to marry a pregnant woman without a partner or marries one that's is yet to conceive but encourages her to go out and get pregnant after their wedding.

The new bride puts to bed and both women will be responsible for the baby's upbringing.

Do not forget that the real reason of this union is for the purpose of preserving a lineage. Meaning that the baby will have to take after surname of the widows husband.

till today they still practice it
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
till today they still practice it
indeed
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by vikacydevato(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2020

Where there is no law, there is no sin.
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by Themainboy22: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
Nawaoo.. I'm just hearing this for the first time. Like seriously, Some of these traditions need to be abolished. Which kind wahala be this. I even prefer the one that allows the woman to marry her husband's brother to this one. cool
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by MadeINchenzen2: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Themainboy22:
Nawaoo.. I'm just hearing this for the first time. Like seriously, Some of these traditions need to be abolished. Which kind wahala be this. I even prefer the one that allow the woman to marry her husband's brother to this one. cool
lol
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by Theevilone(m): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2020
Themainboy22:
Nawaoo.. I'm just hearing this for the first time. Like seriously, Some of these traditions need to be abolished. Which kind wahala be this. I even prefer the one that allows the woman to marry her husband's brother to this one. cool

Didn't u read u that this only happen in the case of only son whose wife could not bear him a child before death so which brother are u suggesting to her her in this case of only child ?
Re: A Part In The Igbo Tradition That Allows A Widowed Woman Marry Another Woman ! by Themainboy22: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2020
Theevilone:

Didn't u read u that this only happen in the case of only son whose wife could not bear him a child before death so which brother are u suggesting to her her in this case of only child ?

When I made that statement, I was entirely reffering to another Igbo tradition which allows the wife or late husband's brother to marry the woman. They call it "Ikuchi Nwanyi".

(1) (Reply)

30k Sexual Joke Competition - Ends 11-09-2020 / Quite Urgent Please, What Profitable Business Can I Start With 40k? / Slay Queen Collapse After 8 Round Of Hot Sex. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.