Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) (2426 Views)

Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
INSIGHT
A girl could not understand the sudden gloom that descended on her once happy family,her father's death plunged her mother and sibling into misery and torment.
She tried to fathom the reason behind their misfortune and it seem that God had forsaken them.
She was at the verge of giving up when God showed up and exposed the enemy but she couldnt believe who was responsible for their tragedy.
Lets find out.
Cc:Mynd44,Lalasticlala,PRE4,Larrysun,Godshowmemercy,damselposh
Lets settle down here
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
PROLOGUE
MUM woke us up earlier than usual.I glanced at the clock.it was 4am,so why the disturbance?.I sighed and made to drift back to sleep when her hand came ramming on my leg.
"Kelechi get up,today is sunday and we need to attend mass"Her gentle voice rang in my room.
I sat up immediately,this was the day i was waiting for-Dec 23rd.Two days to christmas meant a lot to me,it was my birthday.
"Good morning mum"I greeted and slipped out of my bed.
"Happy birthday"Mum replied casually and retired out of my room.
I smiled and looked at my body as i undressed.I looked at my growing breast,i smiled"i am now a big girl"i muttered as i went completely nude.
I stretched my hand to the rack and drew out my towel to cover my body as i entered my private bathroom.It was a makeshift from my enormous bedroom.
I quickly unclad in the bathroom and started bathing.
I heard my bedroom door opened.
"Kelechi,be fast and come downstairs"It was Obiora my elder brother.
"Okay"i screamed as i heard the door closed again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
CHAPTER ONE
As soon as we returned from mass,i ran into my room to behold the presents my friends and family had kept for me.
My birthday party will start around twelve noon so i have more than two hours to prepare for it.
The sitting room was decorated with my best colour pink and blue,my cake was a double decked yellow cake dad bought on his most recent trip from Paris.I loved it.I flounced into my room and was wowed at the uncountable presents littered around my room.i moved closer to start examining them one after the other.I saw the undies and pads mum bought for me,i saw dad pure gold wristwatch and wine sequinned gown.I was elated and continued ransacking the gifts and tearing them open.
A pink wrapped present caught my attention.I grabbed it and checked for the presenter,it was Ikechukwu,I.k for short.
Ik was the boy pestering me at school,he was the captain of the basketball team in my school and he was a skilled one.
Though i had a soft spot for I.K but i wanted to play the hard-to-get type.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Fidelis60:
INSIGHT
A girl could not understand the sudden gloom that descended on her once happy family,her father's death plunged her mother and sibling into misery and torment.
She tried to fathom the reason behind their misfortune and it seem that God had forsaken them.
She was at the verge of giving up when God showed up and exposed the enemy but she couldnt believe who was responsible for their tragedy.
Lets find out.
Cc:Mynd44,Lalasticlala,PRE4,Larrysun,Godshowmemercy,damselposh
Lets settle down here

I have landed with my Bugatti
Fire on i gat ur back
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
CC:xaviercasmir,oluwadabira222,Yuno01 come and read ohh
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
I tore the pink wrapper open and a pink ribbon fell down.I picked it up to admire it.It was beautiful.
But who told this boy i love the pink ribbon,perhaps he noticed i love decorating my hair with ribbons but i dont have the pink colour.
I kissed it and kept it in my safe and continue assessing the remaining ones.
I was testing the yellow skirt Obiora gifted me,when my eyes fell on a tied rag.
I took up the rag and untied it.Wait,i held my breath,it was an i-phone.This must be dad special gift he talked about.
He promised to gift me something special on my fifteenth birthday,here it was.
So i now have a phone,i jumped around like a mouse,wow my dad is so lovely and caring.He restricted i and Obiorah from using phone at out tender age.
"Phones are distractions"he will yell if any of us told him.
He gifted Obiorah a smartphone last two years when he was fifteen and now he gifted me an Iphone.
I quickly dressed in my birthday wear,A long blue long gown with dotted pink and my pure gold shoe and ran downstairs.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by xaviercasmir(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
PRE4:
I am here. ooo
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by xaviercasmir(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
PRE4:
I am here. ooo
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
As i got downstairs i met Obiora talking with I.k,i waved and went to look for dad and mum,they were in the guest room arranging the gifts they will share.
"Daddy thank you for your gifts,i love the phone"i said and hugged him.
"Anything for my daughter as long as you remain a good girl"Dad replied smiling revealing his gap tooth.My dad was a handsome man,i must tell the truth but mum is more beautiful.They were perfect match anyway.
"Mum thanks for your gifts,i love them" turned to her and hugged her.
"Ada m,my daughter,you are welcome.We wanted to suprise you because you came out second in your class.If you still do better then expect more"Mum replied.I simply smiled and remembered Munachi,the girl who always came first in my class.I had challenged her to the position and made sure i measured up with her but when the result eventually came out,i was a point behind her.I cried until mum and dad complimented my effort.
I envied Obiora,he was always first in his class and it never eluded him this time around.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dad bought him the bicycle he promised him.
I quickly turned and left the room.As soon as i sauntered into the living room,a big cheers jerked me unaware.
I was so happy to see everybody i invited to my party present.I hated crowds at my party so i hand picked some few.
I ran to hug each of them one after the other.While doing that Obiora friend Chimezie showered confetti on me,i felt great at the event.
Obiora classmates were the ones that graced the show,some said rib-cracking jokes while some played the music.
Most of the attendees were with camera to take pictures with me.
My parents went for church meeting at the middle of the occassion so we were all free to do what we liked.
I was shocked when i was called to the middle to dance with my crush.I hesitated at first but the crowd cheered me on so i summoned courage and went to hold I.K amidst pomp and pageantry and led him to the centre of the living room.I could tell in his face that I.K was shocked but he held me tight and we danced to the love music.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
CHAPTER TWO
We were watching television when our gateman ran into our living room.
"oga,a man dey gate,im talk say im name na Uche and im wan see you"Okon said.
Dad took his eyes off the television.
"Uche"?he asked and looked at my mother.
"Let him in"he said to Okon who quickly scurried out and emerged some minutes later with father elder brother,Uncle Uchenna.We rushed to hug and greet him.
"My children you are looking fresh..Ohh Ada you have grown so busty over the years.The last time i saw you,you were like an anwunta`ant'"Uncle Uche said and touched me.I blushed and turned to return to my seat.
"Oliver!Oliver kedu"he asked and went to meet my dad.
Dad got up to greet him and they shook hands and sat down.
"Our wife,how are you"Uche asked.
"Kelechi,go and get our visitor `kola'"dad told me,i got the message so i got up in haste because that was usually dad method to ask us to leave whenever a visitor was around.
Obiora got up and ran upstairs.
I followed mum to the kitchen to get `kola' for the visitor.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
I returned with a tray of wine and a cup,i dropped it in front of a stool in front of Uncle Uche.
"Thank you my daughter"Uncle Uche said and touched me on my shoulder.
I retire to my room upstairs to continue the soap opera in my room television.
I jumped on my bed after switching on my television,i plied out my phone and logged into to whatsapp.
The door opened some thirty minutes later,it was Obiora standing there.
"Kelechi,come and see dad and uncle Uche quarelling"he said and left the room
I dropped my phone on my bed and ran downstairs where we met mum seperating the two brothers.
"Uche,you shouldnt have sold the land without my consent"Dad ranted.
"I am your elder brother so why should i take permission from you before i sell our fathers' land.Is it because of the little change you have that mad you lost your manner"Uncle Uche replie flaring as he pointed his walking stick to my dad face.
"Ozugo,its okay Oliver"Mummy was pleading with dad profusely as she preventing them from touching each other.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by yuno01: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
PRE4:
I am here
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
yuno01:
I am here
welcome
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
"By the time i sue you,you will provide the proceed you got from the land"Dad hollered.
"You will sue me Oliver?you cant do it.I will show you the reason am your elder brother"Uncle Uche fumed.
"You cant do anything Uchechukwu,you are just an empty barrel.Anyway,if you dont take your time,i will make you cool off your head in the police cell tonight.now get out of my house"Dad poised.
"No,mba he will stay till tomorrow.Its late to return to Mbaise this night"Mum intervened.
"He wont sleep under my roof this night,the way he came should so be the way he should leave"Dad fired.
"Dont worry our wife,i will leave this night"Uncle Uche replied and turn to leave the house.
"No,Oliver this is your brother oh,ofu obara gi"Mum cried out.
I felt for Uncle Uche but dad remained adamant."he must live this house this night.How can you sell our largest land without letting me know"dad bantered on.
"I will show you why i am your elder brother"
"Get lost,you wont do anything"dad replied and push him out into the dark.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
CHAPTER TWO
The darkness was thick that you will be able to feel its texture.The owls were hootings while the frog croaked.
In Mbaise shrine,a nocturnal activity was just commencing.
The Chief priest wore a red and black dirty rags and stood at the middle of the shrine while six men on `isiagu'igbo traditional wear surround him.Their hushed tones in the dark could not be tamed as every little hush they made translated into a loud bang but who cares anyway.
"Anijeleonwu!!Anijeleonwu!!Anijeleonwu"the six men chorused with cruel voice while the Chief priest at the centre laughed wickedly.
The fire burning in the middle made it possible to each other's face.A big calabash tied in red clothings was filled with blood oozed out vapour was situated at the centre.
The chief priest performed some acrobatic move,the beads on his waist and legs made the jijiji sound like shekere.
In his hand was his `ofor'dripping with blood.
Some shrine attendance danced around the shrine singing trash incantation which made no sense

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
He stopped abruptly again and looked at the six men faces and then laughed.His laughter rended the darkness and disturbed the stillness that had already encapsulated the night.
"It is time,oh yes it is time for me Okuku to strike...hahaha yes its time for Ogugu the god that feast on flesh and blood to fight for himself"the chief priest hoarse voice pierced the marrow of the night and the shrine attendants who had stopped dancing laughed wickedly.
The six men in `isiagu'attire nodded their head in agreement.
"Mazi Uchechukwu thank you for helping us to open the loophole allowing us to come in to feed on our prey like the vulture will do to a corpse.Hahahaha..Ogugu will reward you handsomely"The chief priest said to one of the men on native attires.The man nodded."Anything for Anijeleonwu and the almighty Ogugu.The two in one god"Uche replied and bowed.
"Hahahahahahaha,Okuku muo ka nmuo,come and receive your gift"The chief priest screamed and threw a substance into the big calabash filled with blood.He laughed
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by zika19(f): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ones enemy is in their household. Your own blood. People can be devilish and heartless. Thanks fidelis60 for the story.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
zika19:
Ones enemy is in their household. Your own blood. People can be devilish and heartless. Thanks fidelis60 for the story.

Thanks bro.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2020
"Oliver will die!!yes he will die,Ogugu and Anijeleokwu the twin gods come and feast on his soul...Hahahahaha"The chief priest voice echoed as evil laughter ensued immediately.
~~~~
We were woken by the shrills from dad room,it was mum voice.
I jumped out of my bed and ran out of my room towards dad room where i met Obioma on the way so we ran downstairs.
We entered the room only to find dad lying still.We ran closer and touched him.Obiora who was in his final year in secondary as a science student knelt close to dad chest.
"He is dead"Obiora announced in tears.
I felt like dying,it was like a dream.So was this how people die?i let the tears flowed down its course,so does it mean i wont see my dad again?so nobody will buy me paris cake anylonger?With this i flogged myself on the floor and wailed.
My mum phoned my father best friend Collins to tell him.Collins came immediately around two in the morning.
He was my father business partner and confidante whom my father loved so much.
Collins too was in tears.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
He tried to console us but he couldn't because dad meant a lot to him.
We were all crying while mum kept on jerking his corpse.
"Oliver,you cant just die like this,you cant afford to leave me unsafe in this world,Oliver I know you are a strong man so why did you let death sweep you up your feet,you should have defeated death"Mummy cried uncontrollably.
"Daddy you cant leave us this way,you promised to protect and care for us,is this how you wanted to protect us..Yes you promised to send me to school in Cyprus"Obiora lamented.
"You are a man Obiora stop crying"Collins replied.
"No,let me cry my eyes out"Obiora cried dragging dad leg.
I just laid on the floor and stared at the ceiling,i allowed the tears poured down in its torrent.
My world was crashing.
"Onwaora is this how you left us"Collins lamented and wiped his face with handkerchief.
`onwaora-mba-mbaise'was my dad chieftaincy title name and was popularly called Chief Onwaora 1 by his friends,business parners and acquaintances.
Mum started phoning people

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
The next morning,people started trooping into our house,some were sending their condolences.
~~~~~
*Ihitte Afor,Mbaise*Mazi Uchechukwu Compound

The six men sat in semi-circle order with palmwine.They seem to be in a merriment mood.
"Ichie Uchechukwu,you deserve an accolade.Anyi gà gbù éfi[we will kill a cow].How did you do it"?One of the men called Ichie Donatus said.
"We couldn't get him for a very long time but you just came in and won the battle"another Ichie Eme buttressed.
Uchechukwu laughed.
"It is only a baby that can describe the unclothedness of his mother,the husband only needs her unclothedness when he wants sex.I just made him angry with my action and he over reacted just like Okuku had predicted.His anger led to his fall.His anger was his weakness"He said as they all laughed.
"Ezi okwù[its true]"Ichie Muazu replied.
"So the mighty iroko tree has finally fallen.Oliver thought he is beyond our reach.He came here three years ago to collect chieftaincy title without fully settling us"Mazi Udo stated.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
"He came to collect the highest title,a whole `Onwaora' title without fully settling us.When we asked him for the money,he told us to the face that we should get it by force from him"Ichie Donatus said.
"Now he is dead.Let him go and rule the dead as Onwaora-ndi-mmùo[moon of the spirit world]"Mazi Eme taunted and they laughed.
"I have been vying to ride on that his ôyîbô wife.That woman dat do speak sùprîsùprî,i am sure you will be good at bed"Uchechukwu said as they laughed.
"You are a spoilt person ohh"Mazi Muazu chipped in and they laughed.
"I will be going to Lagos to go and confirm if he is dead truly,then if he is.I will transport him home and bury him then we will start talking about his properties"Uchechukwu said and they nodded in agreement.
"But we have an obstacle to our problem oh"Ichie Emeka stated.
"Tell us"they all chorused.
"His son is not out of the way yet,i am sure he must have willed all his properties to his son"Ichie Emeka said.
"We will handle that later but for now lets celebrate".

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by xaviercasmir(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
Evil men
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
CHAPTER FOUR

I watched as my father body was deposited into the grave.goodnight papa,i muttered because i was tired of crying.tears will not awaken the dead.I decided to look for mum.
I saw mum sister holding her.
"its okay Ada,stop crying"Aunty Ginika consoled.
"Mum"i touched her,she turned and hugged me"stop crying"I told her.
"I have stopped crying.Go and look for your brother"she said.
I turned and left.
I tried to locate him in the midst of the crowd.The burial was an elaborate one as people of high profile were in attendance.
I saw him sitting with some of his age mates,i could hear them consoling him.
"Obiora,mum wants to see you"I told him.
He got up and followed me.we held hands as we went to meet mum.
We were about to enter the room where mum was when Uncle Uche called us,we went to meet him.
He grunted when we greeted him.
"Obiora,did you know where your father will is?is it in the house or with his lawyer"he asked.
Obiora stung him an evil look
"what kind of question is that"We turned and left

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
*enirock *Zara20 Please pitch your tent here. This is going to be a wonderful story from the author
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by mhizv(f): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2020
Updates are damn short

Aside that,this is going well! I like!
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
mhizv:
Updates are damn short

Aside that,this is going well! I like!
Thats true
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Zara20(f): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2020
i'm already seated,carry go my brother
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
We met mum lying down with Aunty Ginika beside her.
"you will kill yourself na,calm down.Oliver is dead and nothing will bring him back"Aunty Ginika said to mum.
Obiora sat on the bed beside mum.
"You called for me mum"he said.
"Obim stay beside me,stay close to me,you are now my husband"Mum said in tears.
I saw Obiora trying to prevent the tears from dropping but it did.
"Mum,stop all these things.You are scaring hell out of us"he told mum in tears.
I was tired of crying so i only looked at them with tied tongue.
Uncle Uche sauntered in,his face was not looking like he was mourning his younger brother but he kept a straight face.
"Hey!stop this rubbish woman,the úmúádá[women group]wants to see you"he said rashly.Obiora sighed.
"Haba nná ányí,be careful with your word,you shouldnt talk to a bereaved woman that way"Aunty Ginika replied angrily.
"Says who?who is she that i cant talk to in that manner?she is my brother wife and the deceased in question is my blood brother so i am the most bereaved here not she"

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
"But she is his wife"
"And so?I and my brother suckled the same breast,she is a stranger that fate favoured to bring into my brother life and she succeeded in killing him"Uncle Uche was ruthless.Was this the same man that played games with us when my father was alive?was it the same man that always praised my mum cooking prowess?I was shocked at his unfriendly outburst.
Obiora stung up to Uncle Uche,i could sed the venom in his eyes.
"How dare you say that my mother killed my father?are you speaking from intoxication"Obiora poised.
I held his hand and held him down but he was visibly angry.
"Did you just spoke to me in that manner"Uncle Uche asked after recovering of the shock from Obiora.He raised his hand to slap him,Obiora did the unexpected,he pushed Uncle Uche to the floor.
"Obiora"mum screamed and got up from the bed,rushed to Uncle Uche and helped him get to his feet.
I dragged Obiora to sit on the bed."What have you done"I whispered in his ears.
Uncle Uche turned silently and left.
Mum followed him.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
As mum left,Aunty Ginika turn to Obiora.
"You shouldnt have done what you did.That man is ten years older than your father"She said.
"I dont care"Obiora screamed back.
I followed mum immediately to know her destination,i saw her cornered a hut with Uncle Uche,i tiptoed silently after them.
There was a large circle of women and some handful of men sitting at the backyard.
They motioned to mum to sit on the floor which she hesitatedly did.
"We dont have time to waste time,the reason we called you to this meeting is to know how our brother Oliver died"A woman who seemed to be the leader spoke.Mum nodded,so the woman continued.
"So hurry up and tell us your full name"The woman asked,her face revealed cruelty.
"My name is Adamma Agnes Nwagwu"Mum replied.
"Where did you hail from"The woman asked again.
"I hail from Oyi in anambra state"mum replied.
"By what time did our brother returned home the day he died"
"He was at home through out.He was on leave at his place of work"Mum replied calmly.
"Was he sick"
"No"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Premium Grammarly Account For Free For Lifetime / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5 & 6] / Head Prefect Is A Sex Addict. �. Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.