Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) (2422 Views)

Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
I went quietly towards the door and turned the knob,it then dawn on me that he had locked it with keys.
I turned only to see him with a dagger.I froze.What again did this man wanted.
"Kelechi or whatever you call yourself,listen carefully.If you ever tell anybody what had transpired here tonight,i promise to slit your throat with this knife"Collins said smiling wickedly brandishing the shiny weapon,i froze when he rested the cold weapon on my neck.
"I wont!!i wont tell anybody"I pleaded.
"Good!good girl.Now go and tidy yourself up and return here and clear up this mess"He barked and unlocked the door
I heaved in relief as i scurried out of the room.
I entered the room where i met my mum fast asleep.I quietly cleaned my self up and went back to wash the mattress.
I could not sleep,i stared at the roof and started crying.
I missed my dad,i missed his cuddling arms.
I just couldnt help but let the tears flow in its torrent.
I cursed the day i was born,i cursed the day father died,i cursed God,i cursed Collins.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
CHAPTER SEVEN
The alarm rang around six,so i got up to snooze it.
I knelt beside the bed and muttered a short prayer.
I woke mum,it was unusual that she was sleeping by this time,i had always known her to be an early riser.
"Mummy wake up,its morning already"I jerked her but she di not respond.
I paused and touched her again but she still did not move.
I bent my head on her chest to check if she was breathing.Oh no.She wasnt.
I jerked her roughly but she did not responded.
"Mum please wake up,dont leave me in this world alone.Mum I will be nothing without you"I cried loudly.
The door opened and Collins came in.
"What is it"he asked.
"She is not breathing,i dont know if she's dead"I told him.
He knelt beside the bed and put his head on mum chest,he heaved and got up.
"She's dead"He told me.
"You killed my mum,Collins you killed my mum,you drugged her"I cried and started hitting him.
"Listen to me Kelechi,dont tell anybody about it or i will kill you.I will bury her"He threathened and bolted out of the room.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
He returned some minutes later with two muscular men.
"Carry her and bury her.Make sure noone sees you"He ordered.
"Where are you taking my mum to"I asked and pulled at one of the men leg.
"To bury her"Collins replied."Now leave immediately"he ordered the men who left with my mum wrapped in a polythene bag.
Collins turned to me"Kelechi,you must leave my house immediately,i dont want to ever set my eyes on you from henceforth"He barked.
"I dont know where to go to"I said tears filled.I felt like dying.
"I dont care if the vulture feed on you,all i care is that you carry your dead body out of here before i kill you myself"Collins hollered.This made me cower.
"Get out of my house"He thundered and i ran out of the room and downstairs.I was running towards the gate when i heard his voice above me,i looked up to see him in the balcony above me.
"Abdou!!Abdou!!open the gate for the fool and throw her out"He ordered his gateman who grabbed me and threw me out of the house.
I sprained my ankle when i fell down.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hmm. The last four updates brought raw emotions back from where they've been locked up.

God gave us all the gift of choice, but some of us have dulled our conscience with evil that we don't hear its soothing voice anymore and we commit even greater evil in trying to get back to where we once had being.

We keep on praying that God changes the heart of rapist and those who molest the innocent in our world and in our age.

Thanks op for the updates.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Op enough of this bad omen abeg cry
Haaaa who dem offend na? shocked

It will be a bad thing to see old papa like me release tear oooo cry embarassed

This is too much for one family na, all within one month all their happiness and joy just disappear. HABA! !!!!!!!!
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
I got up only to discover that i could not walk well.I managed to cross the road,i touched my skirt to check if my phone was there.It was there so i plied it out and dialed Uncle Uche number.It rang through.
"Hello Uncle Uche"
"hello kelechi,why are you calling"his voice was fierce.
"I dont have anywhere to stay,please can i come back home"I asked.
He laughed loudly.
"Ohh you are returning home right,now that your mother is dead"he said mockingly.
I was taken aback
"how did you know Uncle"I asked.
"Never mind dear,you can come home now,at least that witch is dead"He said and hung up.
I managed to limp back to our house,i knocked at the gate.
Uncle Uche came to open the gate himself.I could hear music blaring from inside the house.
"Ohh welcome little witch"He jeered as he picked his teeth with toothpick.
"Good afternon sir"I greeted weakly and limped past him while he locked the gate.
"Why are you limping"he asked.
I ignored him when i detected the mockery.
He laughed wickedly as i managed to enter the house

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
I have a belief that Collins and Urge are in connivance. So much pains for a once happy family.

Thanks Pre4 for the constant updates.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hi what happened na?

Pls come and update ooo cool
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
I entered the Living room to see six chiefs sitting there drinking beer.
I greeted them and passed,they bursted into laughter.I ignored them and climbed upstairs to freshen up.
~~~
I was in my room reading a novel when Isabella,Uncle Uche wife came into the room.
"Hey idiot,what are you doing there?dont you know you are to clean up the whole house"She shouted maliciously and slapped me.I saw stars roving over my head and it took me some time to recover.
"I havent eaten anything since morning aunty"I managed to reply weakly.
"See this little witch that killed her parents oh!!did you give me food to keep for you?or did your crazy parents left some for you before they died?Will you get up from that place before i send you over there to meet them"Isabella fired and pulled me up from the bed and flung me to the door.
I got up and ran out of the door to avoid more beating.
I cleaned up the whole two-storey building alone while Uncle Uche two children Rose and Samuel watched the television as they coerced me.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
I don't know who to address now
Is it Fidelis60 or PRE4 either way Pls this update is too small,like serious too too small, shocked shocked
I thought I could manage it,but nope,IT'S TOO SMALL!!!!!!!!

Biko adaalu cool add something to it grin
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
As soon as i finished working,i went to the kitchen to get food.I met Rose in the kitchen so i asked her for food.
"Did you just asked me to give you food"Rose lashed at me.
"Yes i did"I replied.This girl have forgotten this is my father house.
Rose slapped me"get out of here"she fired.
I was stunned and angry yet i held my cheek and wept.How can my younger one be bullying me in my own father's house.
"I havent eaten since morning"I sobbed.
"What's going on here"
I turned to see Samuel.he was my age mate
"Why are you crying"he asked and came closer.
"Rose slapped me because i asked her for food,i havent eaten since morning"I told him.
He turned to Rose
"Thats gross wickedness,Rosaline please give her food"he said quietly.This was Samuel for you,he was the only one who does not maltreat me,sometimes he sneaks in food into my room whenever it was denied from him.
"I wont do that Samuel"Rose retorted.
"How dare you?i said give her food"Samuel fumed.
"I wont"
Samuel slapped her
"how dare you disobey me"he fired.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
Rose started crying and left the kitchen.I knew i was in for doom.
"Now go and serve yourself"Samuel ordered.
I reluctantly scooped some rice into a plate and was closing the pot when Isabella flounced in with anger.
"Oh you little witch,you have now gone to the extent of bewitching my son to act in your favour right"She barked and grabbed me.She collected the plate and poured the hot food on my body before she starting hitting me with every thing her hand got hold of.What kind of life is this?
I wailed and pleaded as Rose laughed mockingly.
Samuel was sad"This is not fair mum"his quiet voice could not restrict his mother from hitting me.
Isabella grabbed a knife and attempted to use it on me before i slipped from her hands and flew out of the kitchen into my room.I leapt on my bed and cried.
~~~
I woke up when a hand touched me,it was Samuel,he was with two plates filled with rice and chicken.I got up in haste.
"Get up and eat,if you are through,i will come for the plates.eat well,Bye"He said and left.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
dawno2008:
I don't know who to address now
Is it Fidelis60 or PRE4 either way Pls this update is too small,like serious too too small, shocked shocked
I thought I could manage it,but nope,IT'S TOO SMALL!!!!!!!!

Biko adaalu cool add something to it grin
I am sorry,my phone is a small phone and cant update much but i will try to update more despite my tight schedules.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Ann2012(f): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
This is so sad!!!

Thanks for the update
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Fidelis60:

I am sorry,my phone is a small phone and cant update much but i will try to update more despite my tight schedules.

Thanks @Fidelis60 I truly appreciate your efforts.

Well back to the story, humans can be wicked or how do you explain this level of cruelty, mind you we see stories like this on this forum on how some women treat other people's children sometimes you wonder what spirit lives in some women.
God is truly a patient God.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
The heart of man...
Thanks for the update.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
CHAPTER EIGHT
Isabella and Rose returned from the market only to see Samuel and I playing the chess.
"What the hell are you doing with my son?Oh now i see that you are the one bewitching him"Isabella raved and advanced to us in full aggression.
I stung up in shock fidgeting with my fingers.
"No ma,he invited me to play game with him"I managed to defend myself.
I wish i had not because Isabella slapped me off my feet.I fell down due to the weight of the slap.
"So?i want you to avoid my children like plague,you witch"she spat while Rose laughed behind her.
"Mum,this is not fair.how could you be so jingoistic"Samuel said quietly though his tone tells he was angry.
"Will you shut up you fool!do you want her to kill you like she killed her parent"Isabella shunned him down.
"Mum,i dont know why Samuel always sides her perhaps she have bewitched him already"Rose added malevolently.
Isabella pulled at my ear violently
"The next time i see you around with my son ehnn,that day i will set you ablaze,do you hear me"

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
I nodded in fear.Uncle Uche came in"What is going on here"he asked.
Isabella turned to him.
"Darling,i came home to meet our son playing games with this witch"she said.
"I am still doubting this is my child"Uncle Uche spat.
"Dont start again ohh Uche,are you saying that i cheated on you?He is your son"Isabella replied furiously.
"Listen Samuel,if you dont want me to kill you with my bare hands,i dont want to ever see you with this girl"Uncle Uche threathened Samuel.
He nodded and ran upstairs.My assailants both turned to me
"If you see my son ehnn,just avoid him or else i will castrate you.Stupid girl"Uncle Uche fired at me,i nodded and skidded away.
I went into my room and bursted into tears.
Why have mum and dad left me in this wicked world?why did death swepy them off their feet?I missed Obiora,if he wa here with me,i knew for sure i wont be passing through this hell.The most suprsing thing was how Uncle Uche who was our favourite extended member when my father was alive now treated me unfairly.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
I am so busy at work.Manage this for today,i will update more in the night
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2020
See the man she held in high regard become her enemy just because of wealth he never knew how his brother worked for it. May God save us from these kinds of people.

Thanks for creating time amidst your busy schedule to update. I m grateful
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
I dozed off but was woken by Isabella.
"Fool!get up,today is monday"She said hoarsely and turned to go.
I greeted her mumbling.
"You will clean the house today,wash all the clothes and plates,fill the drums and cook before you go to school"She instructed.
I let out a loud shrill.
"There is water in the tank,i pumped it yesterday and there is washing machine to wash those clothes"I said.Isabella stopped on her way and turned.
"Are you now instructing me what to do in my house"she fumed.
what is actually wrong with this woman?what exactly does she wants from me?this is my fathers' house.
"Sorry ma"I apologised immediately to avoid more pangs because my body still aches of the previous ones.
"Good!better be.Anyway you wont be resuming that school of yours because I and Uche cant afford the exorbitant fees"She said and paused to check my reaction,i am sure she noticed the wrinkles on my face but she continues"I will be registering you at a government school"she ended.
"What!government school!"I exclaimed.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
"Yes,government school,do you even deserve to go to school hunh?,you should be grateful that we are registering you in one of the best government school in town,lucky you"Isabella said in sarcasm.
This woman is jingoistic in nature.
I only nodded and fought back the tears that threathened to drop.
"Will you go and start your chores,i have no time to waste time"She raved and advanced towards me,i ducked and ran out of the room.
~~~
I finished my house chores around twelve noon,it was then i bathed and followed Isabella sheepishly in my late mother favourite car,the Venza to a very dilapidated government college.
I was quickly registered and given a uniform.
I cried as i entered the over populated antique classroom,there was no space to sit down so i sat on the floor like some were doing.
The class was so noisy that i could not assimilate what was being taught,i prayed for closing bell to ring.
When it rang,i picked up my polythene bag that served as my school backpacked and trekked the long distance home.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
I got home to meet Samuel struggling with some mathematics question from his Senior School Leaving Examination.I was also a final year secondary school leaver and i have those past questions which my father bought ahead for me when i was in SS2.
I pretended not to see him as i made my way upstairs.
"Kelechi,didnt you see me"He asked as i stopped midway in the staircase.
"Remember your parent warning"I replied.
"Thats nonsense to me,they cant stop me from talking to you"he stated in his usual quiet tone.
"Please Sam,i wont want to incur their wrath on you.Lets just stay away from each other"I replied and attempted to move.
"Please Kelechi,can you help me solve this difficult mathematics questions?I just cant catch up with it"he pleaded innocently.
"I wished to,but your parents will not hear or see of it"I replied though not happy i did.
He kept quiet and returned to what he was doing.
He did not have a hand in the pains i am passing through in this house,i said under my breath.
"I am coming"I ran upstairs

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
I changed to casual and came downstairs.
"Where is Rose"I asked furtively.
"That girl is just too spoilt,i dont even know if she is actually my sister"Samuel replied.
"How do you mean"I asked.
"Rose have numerous boyfriends,she goes for partying,will you believe one of my friends told me that Rose is a public domain.Hope you know why that mean?"he asked.
I was petrified and shocked.
"You mean Rose is a!!oh my God"I exclaimed dissappointedly.
"I am really ashamed of her,i dont just want to tell my dad something that will break his heart"
"And what is that Samuel"I quizzed.
"She have slept with dad closest friend Mazi Ume when we were still residing at Imo,i caught them doing it on mum and dad bed.They asked me not to talk and they gave me money to seal my lips"
"How much did they give you"
"They gave me twenty thousand naira which is still under my bed in my room,i cant spend that evil money.I am sorry for Rose"Samuel said sadly.
I heaved"lets start solving before they come back"I said.
We started solving.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
Can't help but shed tears for Kelechi and her family
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
When you plan evil for other people, you inadvertently welcome evil into your home...

Uncle Uches sins are being punished in the daughter and if care is not taken, it will be the whole family.

Patience Kelechi, just as the rain can't fall forever, your problems will not remain forever. You will be vindicated and your brother restored to fullness of health.

Thanks Fidelis

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
I will update tomorrow morning.I am busy at work now

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
I and Samuel was already engrossed in what we were solving that we did not notice Rose presence when she entered.
She cleared her throat loudly so that we could hear.
I stung up immediately i saw her.
"what is going on here"She asked as she threw her school bag on one of the sofa.
I surveyed her busty figure and could not believe that she was already having sex at such tender age.
She was a bit taller than me and looked more matured.
"Welcome"I muttered.
"hold your greeting,how many times did mum and dad told you never to hang out with my brother"she asked maliciously.
"Nobody is hanging out with your brother"I defended and turned to see that Samuel had disappeared.Was this a game or what.But i saw his re-emerging figure,he was with a file
"Rose,if you tell dad and mum that they i will them that you forged your JSCE result,or do you think i dont know hunh?you slept with Uncle Kayode to.... "
"Its okay Sam,i wont tell them,i was just pulling your legs"Rose interrupted him.
I was stunned but i turned and left

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Cunning man for, cunning man bury am. Samuel just put her in her place...
Thanks
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Ann2012(f): 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Secret Angel / Where In Lagos Can I Buy Original Books? / The Pain Of A Friend (a True Story) By Chima Precious Adaora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.