Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) (2408 Views)

Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
"hmm you mean he never complained of any sickness"the woman probed maliciously.
"Not at all"mum affirmed positively.
"So how then did he die"?The woman asked.
"It was around twelve mid night when we finished praying the rosary,he retired to bed and started holding his neck like he was being choked by an invisible hand,he struggled defenseless while i started praying but he soon stopped moving and died"Mum summarised.
The whole crowd reacted negatively,some spat on the floor while some hit her.
Tears escaped my eyes,i felt for her.But how did these people ever imagined mother will kill her husband.This world is terribly wicked.
"àsîî,àsîî[lies]This is a flat lie.How can you just fabricate this lies and you think we will believe you"The woman poised.
"I did not kill my husband,believe me"my mum plea fell on deaf ears.
"First of all,we will shave of your hair now before we take you to the shrine of Ogugu and Anijeleonwu the twin god to swear an oath then you will drink the watr used to bath Oliver corpse"

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
The heart of men.....

Weldon op

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:
*enirock *Zara20 Please pitch your tent here. This is going to be a wonderful story from the author
Thanks for the mention.
I am seated and following/readind attentively.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
hmmm. This is funny. There was no wound or pointer of being poisoned yet they think it's a lie... I believe this is planned.

Thanks Fidelis60. We watch as it unfolds.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
"Its against my belief,i cant swear before any stupid gods"My mum replied defiantly.
The crowd screamed in suprise.
"How dare you call the almighty twin god a stupid one"Uncle Uche screamed.
"Neither will i shave my head.Its an abomination"mum replied.
Some women pounced on her,i could no longer hold my self i had to run out of my hiding place and intervened.I hugged mu mum to shield her from those hands.They were forced to stop.
"You better go peacefully or we will drag you"The women leader ordered.
"I dont mind if i am killed"mum replied.
Some women rushed to my mum and forced her to her feet while she resisted.I held onto her hand as they drag us along.
"What is going on here"A voice barked.We all turned,it was Obiora"why are you rough handling my mother"he fired,his eyes were bloodshot,a cutlass was in his hand.
The people holding my mum let her go at once.
"After i count one to three,anyone who i see here will be butchered"Obiora ordered fiercely and soon the arena was empty.
Obiora was a man of action.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Sometimes Obiora could be fierce but that earned him respect any where he went.
"Mum,why were they dragging you"He said and came closer.
Mum was just crying,her clothes was torn already.
I was the one that explained what had happened.
"Mum,our father have been buried so we will be leaving this village tonight"Obiora said.
"No it is too late"mum replied.
"I have made arrangement,our car is already waiting at the outskirt of Ezinihitte.we wont be leaving with the other cars since dad drivers had refused to hand me their keys to me "
"But how will we leave our cars here"I asked.
"Kelechi,this place will be dangerous for us to sleep over.Mbaise is never a safe place"Obiora said.I quite agree with him.
"Let us pack our bags,by nine we will be leaving"Obiora ordered.
Mum agreed,she had always praised his bravery and action.She named him after her father because she said he was the re-incarnate of her father.
Obiora acts more matured than his age.
That night we ran to the outskirt of Ezinihitte and left for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
SPECIAL NOTICE:PRE4 is still the same person as Fidelis60.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE
We soon got over our father loss and continued our life.
I returned from schol one day and met Uncle Uche and three other men in our house,Uncle Collins and dad lawyer Barrister Mordili were in attendance.
Mum too was seated.
Mum signalled to Obiora and I to sit down,we greeted and sat down.
"Oliver Nwagwu will need to be read now"Barr.Mordili replied.
Everybody paid attention.
"Oliver Nwagwu total assets amounts to One hundred and fifty-five million.He have two completed houses,this house and another at Abuja,he also have another uncompleted building at Owerri.He is the founder and co-owner of Olivet Oil Company and he have sixty percent of the company asset.He have three cars amounting to fifty million.So he willed his three houses to his wife while his company shares and cars is willed to Obiora"Barr.Mordili said.
Obiora smiled.
"Thank you very much barrister"Obiora said.
I saw the disgust on Uncle Uche face,he got up and moved out of the house in annoyance.
Everybody ignored him.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
*At the shrine in Mbaise*
In the still night,Six men were seated beside the chief priest discussing.
"Okùkù I want Obiora dead or mad"Uche fumed.
"Why"The chief priest Okùkù asked.
"He seem to be faster than i am,he knows my every move so i want him out of my way"Uche replied.
"I can make him run mad but killing him is out of it"The chief priest replied and turned to the sculptures and carved wood to start his incantation.
"Do you know he went to meet the lawyer before me"Uche said to the men seated beside him.
"That boy need to get out of the way"another replied.
"Look at the way he chased us with a cutlass the other day.That boy is a mad person"another chief replied.
"It is said that whosoever calls for another rhythm should be ready to change his dance step.Îfùrù nwàtàkiri àhu à gà mà gbà yà okù[you see that chap,i will set him ablaze]"Mazi Okiri said.
The Chief priest turned to face them.
"It will be hard to get that boy so a hard sacrifice will be made to catch him"The chief priest said.
"Lets hear it"

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Oya nah shocked shocked shocked

Don't delay the update, I wonder the kind of sacrifice their "okuku" want,wish it's his manhood grin grin
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by mhizv(f): 7:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4 make your updates longer na! Bikonu!

Should I kneel down and cry cry
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
"This is going to be an ultimate sacrifice"Okùkù said.
"Dont keep us waiting,spill the beans"Uche urged.
"Each of you will have to sleep with different mad women for seven market days in the middle of the night"Okùkù said.
"Haa,mad women!!"The six chiefs exclaimed.
"Yes!that boy have the spirit of his grandfather in him who was a great hunter in Oyi anambra state so to make him mad,you guy will have to sleep with seven different mad women for seven market days in the market square"
"Okùkù is there no other option"One of the chief asked.
"No,Anijeleonwu and Ogugu the twin god have spoken,and i am not here to speak for him.Thats the only option here"
"Okay,do we need any fortification"?Mazi Okiri asked.
"No.it will start next week,just get mad women each day at your disposal so at twelve midnight,you will walk naked to the market and then sleep with them"Okùkù said.
"This is disgusting"Uche said.
"But this is the only situation here and we must do it"One of the chief declared finally as the chirping took over.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
I will update more tomorrow.
My phone is not as sophisticated to update a very long piece but Mhizv i promise to update much tomorrow.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Very nice conditions grin grin
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
The greed to get that which isn't yours. Sleep with mad women for seven market days? mbanu Anam eme.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 18, 2020
Mum parked her car in an empty space as we both went into the market to buy provisions.
We walked almost round the market because of mum continous haggling of price.I was exhausted when mum told me that we were set to go home.I pulled the heavy bags along with me as we made our way to the car.Mum was opening the car door when a mad man ran closer to us.
Mum was scared but she put up a stance.
"Mrs Nwagwu"the mad man called out.
"What!,how did you know my name"mum responded in shock.
The mad man laughed loudly.
"You dont need to know how i get to know you.I see darkness and gloom hovering over you,but it can be averted if you do the right thing"The mad man said and walked away.
I saw fears written all over her face,beads of sweats had already gathered on her forehead.
"This is a shocker"Mum said when she noticed that crowd had gathered.
Mum gestured to me,so i entered the car and she drove off.
As soon as we got to our house gate we heard noise coming from inside the compound.
Mum honked but got no answer.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 18, 2020
Mum angrily alighted from the car and moved to the gate.
"Musa!!Musa!"she kept screaming as she banged on the gate.
The gate opened and the gateman was there in tears.
"I have been horning since,you did not open the date.Why are you crying"Mum asked.I alighted and approached the scene.
"Na small oga,im dey run around the house like mad person"Musa our gateman replied.
"What Obiora is doing what?excuse me"Mum screamed,pushed Musa out of the way and ran into the house.I ran beside her.We met Obiora in chains,he was laughing like an insane person.
"Obiora what had happened to you"Mum asked as she knelt in front of him.
Obiora did not reply,he was laughing hoarsely and mumbling some insensible word.
"Mum,he is mad"I screamed.
"Yes ohh,how come Obiora.Who did this to you"Mum cried as she shook him.
I couldnt believe what was happening now.We met a mad man in the market and here was my only brother out of his mind already.
But why was this happening to us?Last month my dad died suddenly and now my brother is mad.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 18, 2020
"Lets take him to the asylum"I managed to say.
"How did my son just go insane"Mum was crying.
I started crying too,so does it means Obiora wont talk to us normally again.
"Musa open the gate,let me rush him to the asylum"Mum screamed and helped untighten the chain on Obiora's hands and leg.
I cried to see the way Obiora was bundled into the car.
~~~~~~
"Collins tell me,who have i offended?why is God punishing me this way"Mum cried.
Dad best friend Collins held her tighter and gave consoling words.
"Ada,calm down.Obiora will be fine"he said.
I went to sit at one corner of the sitting room sobbing silently.
"Ada,too much brooding will put you at risk.Remember you are a bp patient"Collins said cuddling mum.
"Obiora was my only consolation but now that he is mad,who do i feel back on?Obiora was the man protecting us but now that he is insane,we are exposed to the torrent of evil"Mum lamented.
Where is this God we say we were serving all this while,why cant he intervene,i asked myself and cried softly

2 Likes

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by mhizv(f): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Fidelis60:
I will update more tomorrow.
My phone is not as sophisticated to update a very long piece but Mhizv i promise to update much tomorrow.

Thanks kiss
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2020
Despite the hard conditions, this evil people were able to achieve their wicked aim...hmmm angry

May God continue to deliver us from evil doers.
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by enirock(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nothing happens to us without the express permission of God. Sometimes they happen to test/strengthen our faith, other times to strengthen our resolve and bring about our closeness to Christ.

Thanks Fidelis60

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
CHAPTER SIX
Uncle Uche came to our house two weeks later with three huge men.
"Ada,the breeze have blown open the anus of the fowl,your secret have been revealed"he fired immediately he entered into our house.
Mum got up in fright
"Uche i dont understand what you mean"She said as we both stared at the huge men with Uncle Uche.
"Last two months you killed my brother died as if that was not enough,you went ahead to make my nephew insane"
"Chim ohh,Uche how can i do that"My mum screamed in shock.I went closer to my mum and held her hand.
"See,i am not here to exchange word with you.As you can see i am with my boys to throw you out of the house"
"You cant throw me out of my husband house Uche"Mum summoned courage"You are wicked man,i cant believe you are my husband brother"
Uncle Uche smiled wickedly and signalled to the thugs with him.They swung into action,pounced on my mum and started beating her.
I cried helplessly as my mum struggled with the thugs who had over powered her.
"Leave my mummy"I cried.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
I went to kneel in front of Uncle Uche and started begging him.
"Please Uncle Uche pity us.My mum did not kill daddy,she did not make Obiora mad"I pleaded.
"Gerrooutttt"Uncle Uche screamed at me.
"Now Ada,under five minutes i want you to get out of this house immediately"he ordered my mum.
Mum did not oppose him,she was bleeding now so she got hold of me and we walked out of the house quietly.
"But mummy where will we go now"I asked here immediately the thugs threw us outside the gate and locked it.
"I dont know Kelechi,i dont know.I forgot my purse and phone inside the house"she said crying.
But why us?why have tragedy decide to rest it oars on our once peaceful family.
"Lets go to Mr Collins house"I suggested.
Mum smiled weakly.
"Good idea"she said and held my hands.
Blood was seriously oozing from her nose and mouth.
Collins house was a stone throw from our house and we got there some minutes later.
He was suprised to see us in this bad state.Mum told him what had just transpired.He flared up in anger.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
"How dare the bastard!how can he chase you out of your husband house?I will deal with him,he should get ready because the battle line have been drawn and i will fight him with my last drop of blood"Collins seethed.
"Collins i will advice you to leave them alone.They are evil"Mum pleaded.
"I dont care,right now i am calling Barrister Mordili and tell him about the new development.We will sue that fool.We will"Collins was visibly fuming as he paced round the house.
"Please Collins,i have this instinct thar they killed my husband and made my son mad because he was an obstacle to them.So you wont be an exception if you try measuring up with them"Mum still pleaded.
What is wrong with this woman.
"Mummy let Uncle Collins collect our house from that evil man"I whispered to mum.
"No,its dangerous.Let God fight for us"She told me.
"Its okay Ada.Just go inside and tidy yourself up"Collins told my mum.Mum held me and we strolled into the bathroom to clean ourselves up.
When we were through he treated us to dinner.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
My phone rang when i was trying to sleep.I glanced at the caller ID,It was I.K.
I picked the reciever.
"Hello"
"Hello Kelechi,how are you"He asked.
"Am not fine"i snapped.
"Why"
I narrated everything to him in tears.
"Its okay Kelechi,God is in control.Can we meet tomorrow"he said.
"Yes,where"i asked.
"Arent you resuming school tomorrow"
"No i am not sure my mum can afford the exorbitant school now"I said sadly.
I fely him sighed in pity.
"So where should we meet"he asked.
"I will direct you to where i now live"I said and he agreed and hung up.
I was pressed so i came out of the room and went to urinate in the toilet.
I came out of the toilet just to see Collins on his underwears waiting outside.I was frightened but i made sure i did not show it.
what was he up to?i ignored him but he held my arm.
"Kelechi lets just do it once.I promise you that you will enjoy it.i will spoil you with goodies"he said.I was shocked when i noticed the bulge in his boxer.
"Do what!you are old enough to be my father"I retorted.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
"It does not matter.Since my wife divorced me,i havent done it since then.Just satisfy my urge please.i am dying to do it"He went on his knees pleading.
I was disgusted at his misdemanour.
"What!!Have sex with someone i look up to as a father?"I screamed.
"Shhhh,dont wake your mum up"
"Let go of my you dog"I hollered.
"I cant do that now.beside i will force you if you dont want to do it peacefully"Collins once gentle face transformed to a cruel one.
He held my hand tighter and i winced in pain.I was becoming scared so i started screaming.
"Too late.I drugged your mum.The reason why i allowed both of you was to have a taste of you but if you reject,i wont mind throwing both of you out this night"Collins was laughing wickedly.
Was this dad true friend?
"Please Uncle Collins i dont want to have sex now"I started pleading.
He started dragging me upstairs,i struggled but he was stronger so he successfully pulled me to his room and locked the door.
I knelt down in front of him.
"Please dont do this to

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
"Uncle Collins dont take away my pride from me,i beg you in the name of God"I cried but my plea never penetrated my predator as he was bent on having his way.
He pushed me on his bed,i prayed silently as i cried.
"Stop crying,you will enjoy it"Uncle Collins said and lauughed.I hated him for this.
"Open your legs"he commanded me but i refused.He forced my leg open.He tore my skirt and panties while i continue pleading with him.
Soon he was riding on me while i cried.
at this moment,i hated God.Why was he silent despite all i am passing through.
Collins was grunting hungrily as i let him have his way.
When he was satisfied,he sat on the bed.
"Did you enjoy the fun"he asked wickedly.
I ignored him.Blood had stained the whole mattress,i was in pains and could not get up on my feet.
"I hate you!my dad wont be happy with what you've done to me"I cried.
"Let him get up from the grave and fight me hahaha"Collins replied.
I strugged to get up from the bed in my pang of pains.
I cursed him under my breath.

1 Like

Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
I've always had my doubts about that two face fool and I strongly believe he knows about the death of his friend, cos that bastard must have been conniving with his friend's evil brother.

What else can go wrong again? Such a calamity befalling a once happy home. cry

May God protect us from enemies from within.
Weldon op,you just touch my emotional button cry cry cry
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
dawno2008:
I've always had my doubts about that two face fool and I strongly believe he knows about the death of his friend, cos that bastard must have been conniving with his friend's evil brother.

What else can go wrong again? Such a calamity befalling a once happy home. cry

May God protect us from enemies from within.
Weldon op,you just touch my emotional button cry cry cry
You are right,the op is good
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by mhizv(f): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
Any update Tonight? grin
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
mhizv:
Any update Tonight? grin
That will be midnight.I am kinda busy now
Re: Rising Gloom(a Tale Of Betrayal And Trust) by dawno2008(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2020
Good morning op

Pls can we have our breakfast tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Literaturelanders, Whose Name Correlate With Their Monikers / Poetic Recount: The Day I Was Completely Devastated and Perplexed. By Emyo / [story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.