Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. (937 Views)

Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke / Peter Obi Sent Me On Drug Mission - "Chinenye Ezewuzie Confessed" / Alhassan Doguwa: Speaker Sent Me Official Cars After My Election Nullification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
I bought a new Mtn sim two a fortnight ago and got this message.

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by LongLife4all: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
One chance things
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
I don't stay in Lagos but Northeast..A brand new sim card with someone's name
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by aremuforlife(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Database
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
LongLife4all:
One chance things
Make i no go fall victim for wetin i no sabi oo
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by SarkinYarki: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
You bought a reassigned line just like that guy did with Buharis daughter...

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
aremuforlife:
Database
I am not Mrs Grace
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
SarkinYarki:
You bought a reassigned line just like that guy did with Buharis daughter...
What's the best the thing u think I should do?
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by GboyegaD(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Why put up people's bills in text when we know numbers can be reassigned? They ahould use a secured website or email prompt to remind people instead.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by aremuforlife(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
[/quote][quote author=zoer post=91643135]
I am not Mrs Grace
That means you need to report the sim, before it will be traced to you. Maybe he/she may have blocked the sim for a reason or the sim got lost.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by aremuforlife(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
zoer:

I am not Mrs Grace
[quote][/quote]
That means you need to report the sim, before it will be traced to you. Maybe he/she may have blocked the sim for a reason or the sim got lost

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by TransflectTP(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
shocked
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by aremuforlife(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
[/quote][quote author=GboyegaD post=91643189]Why put up people's bills in text when we know numbers can be reassigned? They ahould use a secured website or email prompt to remind people instead.
A registered sim should not be re-register to another user

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
aremuforlife:

That means you need to report the sim, before it will be traced to you. Maybe he/she may have blocked the sim for a reason or the sim got lost
Thanks so much...will do that
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
recycled Sim....MTN do it all the type.
dial ....*737# on the Sim fast.
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
aremuforlife:

So that's Mtn fault right?
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by SarkinYarki: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
zoer:

What's the best the thing u think I should do?

File a report with the network you bought the line from and keep the record as an alibi

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by Charleys: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
zoer:

I am not Mrs Grace

When the time comes you go confess. Just like that guy who bought Buhari's daughter number.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:
recycled Sim....MTN do it all the type.

dial ....*737# on the Sim fast.
Hmmmm.....
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by GboyegaD(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
aremuforlife:

If the number is inactive, the number should be recycled. At that point, it will be reassigned and it is not the duty of the service provider to inform the world of the reassignment of a number.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
SarkinYarki:

File a report with the network you bought the line from and keep the record as an alibi
Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
GboyegaD:

If the number is inactive, the number should be recycled. At that point, it will be reassigned and it is not the duty of the service provider to inform the world of the reassignment of a number.
I just typed *737# on the sim and her account is popping up...somebody advised me to so that....if this sim will fall on the hands of fraudster hmmmm
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
ok
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by aremuforlife(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
[/quote][quote author=GboyegaD post=91643496]

If you look at the text message, you will see that the message is recent, recent bills with recent balance, that proof that the inactivity of the sim is not up to a year.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
zoer:
I just typed *737# on the sim and her account is popping up...somebody advised me to so that....if this sim will fall on the hands of fraudster hmmmm

run a search of the number on Google...or Facebook....you might be able to reach the original owner..

or set up a WhatsApp account with the number...then update your status to sth catchy....

i am sure one of her contacts will message you. From there, you might be able to locate the real owner.

cheers.

PS.

You can use a status like: I just tested positive to Covid-19....I feel depressed.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
[Thanks for the information sir..quote author=xxxtedyxxx post=91643829]

run a search of the number on Google...or Facebook....you might be able to reach the original owner..

or set up a WhatsApp account with the number...then update your status to sth catchy....

i am sure one of her contacts will message you. From there, you might be able to locate the real owner.

cheers.[/quote]
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by GboyegaD(m): 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
aremuforlife:

If you look at the text message, you will see that the message is recent, recent bills with recent balance, that proof that the inactivity of the sim is not up to a year.

They may have been sending it monthly as an auto-text. The very reason why they shouldn't send same as a text.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by Zendinho(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
Guy talk true if na bank credit you this money...... you for tell us

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by zoer(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Zendinho:
Guy talk true if na bank credit you this money...... you for tell us

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I will drop a complaints with my bank
Re: Ikeja Electricity Company Sent Me A Text On My New Mtn Line. by FlordFlorez(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
U go pay gbese u go tire grin

(1) (Reply)

Top Igbo Women Check List / Does It Mean Pastor Osinbajo Can't Be Trusted With money / SHOCKER!! Man Grabs Woman ÁŚŚ In Computer Village(video/pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.