Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Share Your Annoying Market Experience - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Annoying Market Experience (15050 Views)

My Alaba Market Experience On Mobile Phones Accessories / Killing Annoying Mosquitoes Just Got Easier, If You Love Your Family Buy This / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
I was around 13 and was going to a friend's place however, had to pass through "white house" so as to reduce the distance. Imagine 4 old women charging at me, calling me customer. I screamed and ran though and never went through that path.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by fraymite: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Selling goods worth #100 for #150 to me because I'm a Man.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by SaintLucia: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
When Obaseki increased the market levy and threatened to demolish shop if they don't pay the TAX COLLECTORS grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by RenaissanceGuy: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Interesting....

1 Like

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Brandonx(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Many years ago in Benin it was Christmas period.
That faithful day I first went to Erie to do some Transactions before entering Lagos street to buy food stuffs I was already tired so i just sat at one womans shop to buy almost everything. bag of rice, oil, spaghetti, tin tomatoes. I knew I was being cheated but I was too tired to price, finally the woman call one aboki to help me move the stuffs.

We begin go I cross road turn back I no see aboki again, strength enter my body immediately grin grin . How I wan take talk this one reach house today.
As I wan run go meet the wOman na so I see aboki behind one parked truck, he say e dey wait for traffic to reduce.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Natural441(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kalatium:
Nigerian markets are filled with drama. Today i will like to share some of my annoying market experience.

1. Last year i was passing through the market but was blocked by an igbo man that i should come and buy his bedsheets, i told him i was just passing. While we were altercating another man came and met us that i should buy shoes from his shop i told them i was not interested. They both started dragging me each telling me to go to his shop i angrily told them to back off that they are harrassing me and they stop.

2. I went to buy shoes on a faithful day when a man told me he knows where i can buy correct shoes. He took me to the place and after buying the shoe, he told me the shoe can easy get spoiled that he will take me to the guy that will help me fix shoe nails for free. We went there and i ask the guy hope its free he said yes. After he added the shoe nails to my shoe he told me it was 1500 naira. I was flabbergasted and petplexed, i told him didnt he said it was free. He said he doesn’t like such nonsense thats it's the first one that is for free. Before i know many people gathered around because we were seriously quarelling. Then the initial man that brought me there said he will pay 1000 naira and i will pay the remaining 500naira i was angry. I just had to close my eyes and pay that money.

3. Another day i bought some pair of shoes and while coming back. A man who was sitting down was shouting bros, bros i am talking to you come and enter my shop. In my mind i was like "see this man o is it jazz you are using that will make you enter my shop.

So, whats your annoying market Experience?
abeg which state be that.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by primeache: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Back in the days of kizito shoes.
I went to oshodi, bought the shoe, but the shoe no follow me reach house.

Oshodi boys back then

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Hornome: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
Going to market and having those igbo boys pull your arms to buy what you is not your radar. So annoying

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by YelloweWest: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
I no longer go to market because of stupìd idiot male market traders tbat harass women by touching and grabbing our arms.

I nearly slapped a guy who's fingers were almost in my armpit.

I don't know why this nonsense is allowed to go on angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:
I went for monthly shopping and spent over 100k on provisions and childcare items. Put them in a barrow and was following the barrow closely. Told him to wait while i buy cashew nut and he stopped. Took my eyes off him for maybe one minute and he dissapered. I searcher the whole mareket foor over 4hours, reported to market security . . . No sign of him.

That's how I lost everything I bought that day.

Had to come back the next day to buy the exact same items. So annoying and frustrating.

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Order online
With debit or credit card abi?Hushpuppi and his gang will be like;

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by michealdeco: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
If i begin to talk my own una go pity me

1 Like

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Onnasucs1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
sad
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by pocohantas(f): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
J111333:
With debit or credit card abi?Hushpuppi and his gang will be like;

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Flytime: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
michealdeco:
If i begin to talk my own una go pity me
if you knew you wouldn't share yours why saying that in the first place undecided

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by tuzle(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
My most annoying market outing is when I go to the market with my mom. I don't understand how u price the samething from like four different shops and u may end up not buying from any of them. Women can use like six hour in the market and that is a waste of time to me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Chidexter:
Rushed to buy wid one cold , rainy, Sunday morning..... Mistakenly bumped into a raid, Las Las I saw where the runaway seller threw the bag. I picked it and trudged home angrily, I was annoyed cos I'll have to stay home for weeks without seeing my niggas. Sipping my stuff alone.

Note: jk
I don't even understand this your post. Are you upset because the seller threw the bag (you didn't even say where he/she threw it to), or because you can't see your niggas?? What is the correlation between not seeing your niggas and your annoying market experience?

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Crochet: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Interesting
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by FahBuLous: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
My own no be long talk... I bought shoe 1500 and put pin 3000...

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by NACE13: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Op, I can relate to that your experience about fixing pins for slippers or shoes. A friend of mine narrated what happened to him, so I had the idea of how those sneaky boys do their thing. I refused to give the guy my slippers and he kept on pestering me, until I agreed for him to explain to me what he had in mind.
As I angrily took the slippers from the dude after wasting my time, he started speaking some of their cultists cappings or whatever, he even threatened to call his guys to 'tidy my fvck up'. I lost my cool that moment and dared him to do his worst and I was ready to fvck him up x2. The aboki I bought the slippers from tried to calm me down.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:
my vacation home is not far from wuse international market, so I went there on foot to buy some things we wanted to take to idp camp in durumi Abuja.

I was dressed like any ordinary woman, the sellers hardly regarded me when I was passing through the front of their shops

one igbo woman who sells petty provision rushed me to welcome me like a long time friend, she gave me chair and satchet water to drink. I don't know this woman from anywhere,then she asked how I was and if I would like to buy anything from her. I said No.

she wasn't offended. infact she was a happy soul, I bought every single pin in her shop that day

she ran out of stock and had to call her neighbors to assist, I bought 1000 cartons of indomie and 100bags of rice that day

the whole wuse market was shocked.

today if I step into that market, things happen

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
dewqeee:
The Most Easiest and Legit Way to Make Money Online in Nigeria today

Extra Source of Income: You Can Be Making up to ₦25k or more weekly Legitimately with your phone and from home.
First I thought it was one these scam sites until I went online to read more about then and also did personal analysis of the business concept. You can also Google about them to learn more.

Check my Signature for more details.posting

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Akpacha(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kalatium:
Nigerian markets are filled with drama. Today i will like to share some of my annoying market experience.

1. Last year i was passing through the market but was blocked by an igbo man that i should come and buy his bedsheets, i told him i was just passing. While we were altercating another man came and met us that i should buy shoes from his shop i told them i was not interested. They both started dragging me each telling me to go to his shop i angrily told them to back off that they are harrassing me and they stop.

2. I went to buy shoes on a faithful day when a man told me he knows where i can buy correct shoes. He took me to the place and after buying the shoe, he told me the shoe can easy get spoiled that he will take me to the guy that will help me fix shoe nails for free. We went there and i ask the guy hope its free he said yes. After he added the shoe nails to my shoe he told me it was 1500 naira. I was flabbergasted and petplexed, i told him didnt he said it was free. He said he doesn’t like such nonsense thats it's the first one that is for free. Before i know many people gathered around because we were seriously quarelling. Then the initial man that brought me there said he will pay 1000 naira and i will pay the remaining 500naira i was angry. I just had to close my eyes and pay that money.

3. Another day i bought some pair of shoes and while coming back. A man who was sitting down was shouting bros, bros i am talking to you come and enter my shop. In my mind i was like "see this man o is it jazz you are using that will make you enter my shop.

So, whats your annoying market Experience?
which kind shoes u buy and fix a nail!? Hausa robber shoes?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:
my vacation home is not far from wuse international market, so I went there on foot to buy some things we wanted to take to idp camp in durumi Abuja.

I was dressed like any ordinary woman, the sellers hardly regarded me when I was passing through the front of their shops

one igbo woman who sells petty provision rushed me to welcome me like a long time friend, she gave me chair and satchet water to drink. I don't know this woman from anywhere,then she asked how I was and if I would like to buy anything from her. I said No.

she wasn't offended. infact she was a happy soul, I bought every single pin in her shop that day

she ran out of stock and had to call her neighbors to assist, I bought 1000 cartons of indomie and 100bags of rice that day

the whole wuse market was shocked.

today if I step into that market, things happen
You should channel your fables to okadabooks.com.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Queenlovely(f): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:
I went for monthly shopping and spent over 100k on provisions and childcare items. Put them in a barrow and was following the barrow closely. Told him to wait while i buy cashew nut and he stopped. Took my eyes off him for maybe one minute and he dissapered. I searcher the whole mareket foor over 4hours, reported to market security . . . No sign of him.

That's how I lost everything I bought that day.

Had to come back the next day to buy the exact same items. So annoying and frustrating.
First rule of barrow and kaya: NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THEM FOR A SECOND.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
FahBuLous:
My own no be long talk...
I bought shoe 1500 and put pin 3000...

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by hairdeals247(f): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Interesting...
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Yamleg: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Let me light up my weed while i read comments
BRO how are you �
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by simplepee(f): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

You should channel your fables to okadabooks.com.
Okadabooks will even reject it. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Interesting story.
Running a successful business might seems easy but it's not. Watch FCMB Top 5in5 for quality tips and advice to help you grow your business. https://top5.fcmb.com/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Making Money By Online -simple Way / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man / It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.