Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Share Your Annoying Market Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Annoying Market Experience (15049 Views)

My Alaba Market Experience On Mobile Phones Accessories / Killing Annoying Mosquitoes Just Got Easier, If You Love Your Family Buy This / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by hahn(m): 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Let me light up my weed while i read comments

No experience sha.... except for all those bunch of perverts and annoying boys way dey like to create awareness for New Benin market once them see girls with big back side or girls with skimpy and tight fitted cloths revealing thier coke bottle shape

Na so one be want create awareness on top my two sisters head.... because them wear skimpy outfits like that
He nor know say i dey waka dey come from their back...
The boy dey dragg and pull their arm....he one dey create awareness

As a real niggarrr i just waka reach were he dey na tell am make he nor try that nonsense again say i be Bini boy
If he try am again say me and him go get problem and the whole of Benin city nor go dey safe for am

You're not a real niggar

So the guys wey dey "create awareness" for your sisters coded, how you take dey do am?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ogupa Market, Ibadan....

I hail thee..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Alexaonfleek: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
undecided

The real annoying experience is those guys in balogun and Yaba market that will be dragging your hand and calling you 'my love', 'my wife's ontop 3k skirt or trouser.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:

I am offended
I hear if your stories are interesting you can sell them at 50naira per copy. Judging by your endless tales by moonlight, I feel you have potential.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ndipe(m): 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
To save cost, and she can use the proceed from that savings to buy you a new pair of shoe, a nice shirt, pay your school fees . . . Instead of grumbling, thank God for blessing you with a wise mother.

tuzle:
My most annoying market outing is when I go to the market with my mom. I don't understand how u price the samething from like four different shops and u may end up not buying from any of them. Women can use like six hour in the market and that is a waste of time to me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
tuzle:
My most annoying market outing is when I go to the market with my mom. I don't understand how u price the samething from like four different shops and u may end up not buying from any of them. Women can use like six hour in the market and that is a waste of time to me

I used to get angry too until I discovered that was the method they use in knowing the current price of a product and how to still beat it down.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Let me light up my weed while i read comments

No experience sha.... except for all those bunch of perverts and annoying boys way dey like to create awareness for New Benin market once them see girls with big back side or girls with skimpy and tight fitted cloths revealing thier coke bottle shape

Na so one be want create awareness on top my two sisters head.... because them wear skimpy outfits like that
He nor know say i dey waka dey come from their back...
The boy dey dragg and pull their arm....he one dey create awareness

As a real niggarrr i just waka reach were he dey na tell am make he nor try that nonsense again say i be Bini boy
If he try am again say me and him go get problem and the whole of Benin city nor go dey safe for am

Tell your sisters to dress decently.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by morinto: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
JeffreyD1:
My problem is

I need a car for uber here in Abuja please if you've any or connection please link me
I will meet all the requirements and I've been driving on bolt for the past 1 year
How much bolt or uber driver make in a week?
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by SoapQueen(f): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wasn't really a market. After the close of work one day, I had gone to Banex, Wuse 2, around 5pm to shop for an eyeliner, because mine had dried out. While leaving the shop, I observed my period had started. OMG! Not only that, I was horribly stained. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't stand from where I was seated. I couldn't risk going home in a taxi either - Apo wasn't a stone throw, and even if I tried, I was going to mess up the driver's seat. Yuck!!

I quickly did my calculations and realized my period wasn't due on that date. The owner of the shop had to send for one of those guys who sold trousers on the ground floor. I told them I needed one in black. The Igbo guy came rushing with three jeans, I quickly scanned the waist sizes and picked one that seemed like it would fit. I covered my soiled self with my hand bag and dashed to a nearby restroom. Thankfully, it fit perfectly.

To my dismay, the guy who brought the jeans told me I was going to pay 8k. 8k for what exactly? I asked him. He looked at me angrily and said he couldn't collect the pair of trousers because of "my condition" and that I didn't "price" before wearing it.

To worsen everything, he was avoiding me like a plague! He started asking "why you no come calculate yourself" and many other questions about my calendar. I was beyond embarrassed and angry. I just couldn't explain anything to a man who felt like I had committed a crime by having an early period. I told him I'd pay 6k and made a transfer because I was just TIRED of the whole scenerio.

I got home appalled at the thought of being shamed for experiencing such. That incident left me embarrassed for a long time oo. Me wey say shame well well.

Did I forget to add that the black jeans didn't last up to 2 months after 4 uses or thereabouts??

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by GeneralKoko(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kalatium:
Nigerian markets are filled with drama. Today i will like to share some of my annoying market experience.

1. Last year i was passing through the market but was blocked by an igbo man that i should come and buy his bedsheets, i told him i was just passing. While we were altercating another man came and met us that i should buy shoes from his shop i told them i was not interested. They both started dragging me each telling me to go to his shop i angrily told them to back off that they are harrassing me and they stop.

2. I went to buy shoes on a faithful day when a man told me he knows where i can buy correct shoes. He took me to the place and after buying the shoe, he told me the shoe can easy get spoiled that he will take me to the guy that will help me fix shoe nails for free. We went there and i ask the guy hope its free he said yes. After he added the shoe nails to my shoe he told me it was 1500 naira. I was flabbergasted and petplexed, i told him didnt he said it was free. He said he doesn’t like such nonsense thats it's the first one that is for free. Before i know many people gathered around because we were seriously quarelling. Then the initial man that brought me there said he will pay 1000 naira and i will pay the remaining 500naira i was angry. I just had to close my eyes and pay that money.

3. Another day i bought some pair of shoes and while coming back. A man who was sitting down was shouting bros, bros i am talking to you come and enter my shop. In my mind i was like "see this man o is it jazz you are using that will make you enter my shop.

So, whats your annoying market Experience?

That's particular shoe nail shit I experienced it at mile 1 market in PH two years ago . After feeling me it was free they told me to pay 1300 something wey I no budget ... Las Las it reduced my money
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
simplepee:
Okadabooks will even reject it. grin
I disagree. It seems fantasy is a genre that is rapidly becoming popular. Her tall tales fall into that category.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by JeffreyD1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
morinto:
How much bolt or uber driver make in a week?

For car owner or foe themselves?
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
SoapQueen:
Wasn't really a market. After the close of work one day, I had gone to Banex, Wuse 2, around 5pm shop for an eyeliner, because mine had dried out. While leaving the shop, I observed my period had started. OMG! Not only that, I was horribly stained. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't stand from where I was seated. I couldn't risk going home in a taxi - Apo wasn't a stone throw, and even if I tried, I was going to mess up the driver's seat. Yuck!!

I quickly did my calculations and realized my period wasn't due on that date. The owner of the shop had to send for one of those guys who sold trousers on the ground floor. I told them I needed one in black. The Igbo guy came rushing with three jeans, I quickly scanned the waist sizes and picked one that seemed like it would fit. I covered my soiled self with my hand bag and dashed to a nearby restroom. Thankfully, it fit perfectly.

To my dismay, the guy who brought the jeans told me I was going to pay 8k. 8k for what exactly? I asked him. He looked at me angrily and said he couldn't collect the pair of trousers because of "my condition" and that I didn't "price" before wearing it.

To worsen everything, he was avoiding me like a plague! He started asking "why you no come calculate yourself" and many other questions about my calendar. I was beyond embarrassed and angry. I just couldn't explain anything to a man who felt like I had committed a crime by having an early period. I told him I'd pay 6k and made a transfer because I was just TIRED of the whole scenerio.

I got home appalled at the thought of being shamed for experiencing such. That incident left me embarrassed for a long time oo. Me wey say shame well well.

Did I forget to add that the black jeans didn't last up to 2 months after 4 uses or thereabouts??
Wow... Sorry about that. I am blushing on your behalf embarassed
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by EdmundChidera(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:
my vacation home is not far from wuse international market, so I went there on foot to buy some things we wanted to take to idp camp in durumi Abuja.

I was dressed like any ordinary woman, the sellers hardly regarded me when I was passing through the front of their shops

one igbo woman who sells petty provision rushed me to welcome me like a long time friend, she gave me chair and satchet water to drink. I don't know this woman from anywhere,then she asked how I was and if I would like to buy anything from her. I said No.

she wasn't offended. infact she was a happy soul, I bought every single pin in her shop that day

she ran out of stock and had to call her neighbors to assist, I bought 1000 cartons of indomie and 100bags of rice that day

the whole wuse market was shocked.

today if I step into that market, things happen
why do I have this feeling that you have been lying on this platform

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by simplepee(f): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ishilove:

I disagree. It seems fantasy is a genre that is rapidly becoming popular. Her tall tales fall into that category.
grin grin. I rest my case.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by kurlz(f): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
geedot:
Mine was a short but unforgettable one. Happened at Idumota, this Igbo guy dragged me and I had to lie to him I would patronise him on my way back.

But I was carried away and forgotten about him, I mistakenly passed the same route and before I could remember, I was already close to his shop. As I was trying to dodge him from seeing me.

The unexpected happened, I fell inside one gutter littered with plastics and nylons. Las las, na my friend(Igbo cloth seller) bring me out with a bleeding knee.

Ahahahahah

Sorry hennn grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Exmilitant(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oil Mill market, two women were fighting, seriously throwing punch at each other, the surprising thing was that their neighbours were unconcerned. Thinking i was doing the right thing, i went closer and said, madam e don do, make una stop that fight. One of them turn to me and said, 'who invite you? You no go pass dey go where you dey go? Chief judge!

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Queenlovely(f): 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by pocohantas(f): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Am I the only one that gets ANGRY when I ask for one thing and you give me another?

I am a brand loyalist. If I tell you Kenwood and you show me Sieko, I get very angryyyy!

I don’t wear coloured jeans. Only navy blue and black. I always state it clearly, then someone will na give me yellow and red jean?

Why!?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by EdmundChidera(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
GboyegaD:
I was around 13 and was going to a friend's place however, had to pass through "white house" so as to reduce the distance. Imagine 4 old women charging at me, calling me customer. I screamed and ran though and never went through that path.
do you reside in anambra
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by EdmundChidera(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:

I am a top writer in quora, now nairaland thinks I make up stories, at my age
your stories looks somehow most times, I don't know your age besides lying doesn't have an age limit. Our ministers still lie

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Sososo(f): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Traders holding your hands and dragging you to their shops regardless of what you want to buy
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ajstyles01(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oluwapresley:
I remember the first time I got scammed. Chaiiiiii. I was ajebo that time. I think I was around 14 or there about. I went to buy guava 4 market na him I see buy boxer short o wey them write 50 cent for waistband. I was like damn, this is lovely. I asked the guy how much. He said one mad price around N700 sha. I managed to price it to around 350 if I can remember well. For my mind, I had a good bargain. I think I bought 2 self. Only for to reach my street I now met one guy that said the stuff is N150. Haaaaa... Something I bought N350 each. So my first market someone will scam me N400 like that. Na him me and the guy go back o. Got back. Started speaking English. Baba come dey tell me say business is agreement. Say we agree to N350. He no even lie so no be N150. He talk say na me talk say I wan buy am N350. I just shake my head comot. I felt like a fool. I come dey blame myself why I even jam that my street guy. Shebi I for just dey feel myself say I buy correct boxer. But anytime I see that boxer, I go just start to dey think.

Ever since that day, I don't pity person if I want to price o. If you say 1k, I fit call 150. Let's start from there first.

i can relate especially all those aboki sumtin of 300 they wuld tel u 2500
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Sososo(f): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
letskeeptalking:
I went for monthly shopping and spent over 100k on provisions and childcare items. Put them in a barrow and was following the barrow closely. Told him to wait while i buy cashew nut and he stopped. Took my eyes off him for maybe one minute and he dissapered. I searcher the whole mareket foor over 4hours, reported to market security . . . No sign of him.

That's how I lost everything I bought that day.

Had to come back the next day to buy the exact same items. So annoying and frustrating.
you lost over 100k because of ordinary cashew nuts, village people at work.
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Hathor5(f): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
pocohantas:
Am I the only one that gets ANGRY when I ask for one thing and you give me another?

I am a brand loyalist. If I tell you Kenwood and you show me Sieko, I get very angryyyy!

I don’t wear coloured jeans. Only navy blue and black. I always state it clearly, then someone will na give me yellow and red jean?

Why!?

grin grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Queenlovely:
https://allafrica.com/stories/200506200730.html

Your story is not complete o, you have left your readers hanging
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
simplepee:
grin grin. I rest my case.
grin grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ajstyles01(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
primeache:
Back in the days of kizito shoes. I went to oshodi, bought the shoe, but the shoe no follow me reach house.
Oshodi boys back then
lolxx u never wise that time ahbi
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by earnit1: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Good
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by Hathor5(f): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Exmilitant:
Oil Mill market, two women were fighting, seriously throwing punch at each other, the surprising thing was that their neighbours were unconcerned. Thinking i was doing the right thing, i went closer and said, madam e don do, make una stop that fight. One of them turn to me and said, 'who invite you? You no go pass dey go where you dey go? Chief judge!

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Annoying Market Experience by duduarewa(f): 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Many years ago in Benin it was Christmas period.
That faithful day I first went to Erie to do some Transactions before entering Lagos street to buy food stuffs I was already tired so i just sat at one womans shop to buy almost everything. bag of rice, oil, spaghetti, tin tomatoes. I knew I was being cheated but I was too tired to price, finally the woman call one aboki to help me move the stuffs.

We begin go I cross road turn back I no see aboki again, strength enter my body immediately grin grin . How I wan take talk this one reach house today.
As I wan run go meet the wOman na so I see aboki behind one parked truck, he say e dey wait for traffic to reduce.

[/quote]as in Dats d first thing DAT comes to mind o, how will I tell dem at home..It once happened to me like DAT exactly

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Today's Naira Rates Against Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Making Money By Online -simple Way / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.