Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe (3002 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / My Father Is A Very Lazy Person / My Lazy Girlfriend Lacks Ambition And She's Pregnant For Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by spinna: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
I think he means mentality laziness..laziness in fighting for rights and modifying culture.
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
naptu2:
The thread is a response to generalisations like:

All men are scum.

All Fulani are killers

All Nigerians are fraudsters.

Etc.

He is saying that generalisations are bad.

It worked because a lot of the people that always tweet "Men are scum" were offended by his generalisation that "Igbo women are lazy".

(He was responding to another tweet that stereotyped men. The person that made that tweet deleted it after Noble Igwe created his thread).

Are all generalizations really bad and untrue?

Every group of people have stereotypical attitudes. Some would break out of it, some would stick to it.

For instance, if you say Yorubas like white collar jobs more than business:

It is a true stereotype, does not mean several Yorubas are not in business (whether by choice or chance).
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by LordKO(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
He has forgotten that his female relatives aren't standard of generality of Igbo women. He's a typical bumpkin.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
bukatyne:

Are all generalizations really bad and untrue?

Every group of people have stereotypical attitudes. Some would break out of it, some would stick to it.

For instance, if you say Yorubas like white collar jobs more than business:

It is a true stereotype, does not mean several Yorubas are not in business (whether by choice or chance).

The point he was trying to make is that negative stereotypes lead to stigmatisation of people, which is why people who tweeted "Men are scum" were offended when he tweeted "Igbo women are lazy".

How do you feel about the stereotype that "Nigerians are fraudsters" and how do you feel if it affects you when you go abroad?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by sesan85(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Even afonjaas no say na lie cheesy cheesy cheesy
Osu boy it's true. Noble Igwe is an Osu Boy who said it, I agree with him.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bukatyne(f): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
naptu2:

The point he was trying to make is that negative stereotypes lead to stigmatisation of people, which is why people who tweeted "Men are scum" were offended when he tweeted "Igbo women are lazy".

How do you feel about the stereotype that "Nigerians are fraudsters" and how do you feel if it affects you when you go abroad?

@bold: True.

Do I feel bad? Have Nigerians proven them right over and over?

YES! cry
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:

lol
if dat rubbish u wrote up there is d only thing dat can give u joy or rather the extent of ur knowledge upon all the money ur parents spent in dedicating a male child like u den u are utterly a waste of sperm, resources, oxygen, space, food, even the d ground where ur feaces and urine are being dumped deserve an apology

You see how you igbos attack people unprovoked

anyway I'll play the civilized card with you

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:

sharrap. calling out an entire tribe wenever u want to spew rubbish shows how much of a low life u are.
Civilized kee u there
iranu

I just wonder how you guys would get to live in a fake country u guys dream of with people naturally aggressive like you is and I'm not surprised cause you not the first igbo I've seen to be this way

I guess it's a regional pandemic sad

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
This guy's anus must be jealous of his mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ishilove:
This guy's anus must be jealous of his mouth.

naptu2:
The thread is a response to generalisations like:

All men are scum.

All Fulani are killers

All Nigerians are fraudsters.

Etc.

He is saying that generalisations are bad.

It worked because a lot of the people that always tweet "Men are scum" were offended by his generalisation that "Igbo women are lazy".

(He was responding to another tweet that stereotyped men. The person that made that tweet deleted it after Noble Igwe created his thread).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
Read my explanation above and then read these 2 paragraphs from his thread if you want to understand what he is getting at.

In conclusion, any gender can hold any agenda. While some of our concerns are true, the real change comes from doing and not holding the sins of fathers over all Igbo men. Discuss issues as it relates to particular people, communities, villages and the Igbo land at large.

The Igbo man is flawed, just like every other man but you can’t deny the work that the new generation Igbo man is doing towards changing some of these narratives.''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
Let's see if I can remember what started everything.

Some Igbo men said that they will never allow their mothers to remarry after their fathers die. One of them wrote about the things that he would do to his mother if she dares remarries.

I think Noble Igwe was engaged in a conversation with someone and she said something to the effect that this is what Igbo men do, so he created his own thread about what Igbo women do (in order to highlight the danger of generalisation).

1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
More

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Acidosis(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Same generalisation I highlighted on a different thread. The way we define laziness baffles me though. The fact that you won't always see an educated yoruba boy sell spare parts and la casera doesn't automatically implies laziness.

How many Igbo farmers have I seen in Lagos or Southwest in general? None. Does it mean Igbos in Lagos are lazy? No. It only shows that Igbo men do not show interest in farming as far as Lagos state is concerned.

- Mature yoruba women dominate Balogun market, not necessarily because they're the most industrious in the world.

- Igbo guys dominate Alaba. Alaba does not represent the whole of Nigeria.

- Hausas and Yorubas dominate Mile 12 market. I'm yet to see an Igbo guy selling yam and onions in Mile 12. Doesn't mean they're lazy. They just don't have interest in that field.

- Yorubas dominate transportation business in Lagos for a reason.

- Young Igbos dominate sales in computer village while the yoruba guys dominate repairs. I'm yet to see the hard working mature Yoruba woman with a SIM card and iPhone shop in computer village. Does it mean they're lazy? Should they leave Ankara business in Balogun market for sim card business in computer village just to perfect some people's definition of hardwork?

Let me say this again, people only tend to show interest in some fields based on certain environmental factors.

Will I ever hawk gala and pure water or La casera on Third Mainland bridge to proof to a nonentity that I am not lazy? No. I won't do such ever. Will I farm or do some other blue collar jobs? Sure, if it suits my interest. These are the basic trends based on certain environmental factors.

And BTW, the opposite of laziness is diligent, not industrious.

The word "industrious" is another mis-used word I would love to understand better.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Norano: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Acidosis:
Same generalisation I highlighted on a different thread. The way we define laziness baffles me though. The fact that you won't always see an educated yoruba boy sell spare parts and la casera doesn't automatically implies laziness.

How many Igbo farmers have I seen in Lagos or Southwest in general? None. Does it mean Igbos in Lagos are lazy? No. It only shows that Igbo men do not show interest in farming as far as Lagos state is concerned.

- Mature yoruba women dominate Balogun market, not necessarily because they're the most industrious in the world.

- Hausas and Yorubas dominate Mile 12 market. I'm yet to see an Igbo guy selling yam and onions in Mile 12. Doesn't mean they're lazy. They just don't have interest in that field.

- Young Igbos dominate sales in computer village while the yoruba guys dominate repairs. I'm yet to see the hard working mature Yoruba woman with a SIM card and iPhone shop in computer village. Does it mean they're lazy? Should they leave Ankara business in Balogun market for sim card business in computer village just to perfect some people's definition of hardwork?

Let me say this again, people only tend to show interest in some fields based on certain environmental factors.

Will I ever hawk gala and pure water or La casera on Third Mainland bridge to proof to a nonentity that I am not lazy? No. I won't do such ever. Will I farm or do some other blue collar jobs? Sure, if it suits my interest. These are the basic trends based on certain environmental factors.

The word "industrious" is another mis-used word I would love to understand better.
Well said.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
Acidosis:

grin

Noble Igwe did una something.

Tomorrow, when someone says 'all men are scum' or 'all men are rapists' or 'all women are oloshos', respond in kind.

Industrious mean diligent and hardworking.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Acidosis(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
bukatyne:

grin

Noble Igwe did una something.

Tomorrow, when someone says 'all men are scum' or 'all men are rapists' or 'all women are oloshos', respond in kind.

Industrious mean diligent and hardworking.

Hmmn

Would you call a regular customer care personnel who is deligent in his or her field an industrious person?

Who among these two would you call an industrious person:

A civil servant. A businessman. Both?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bukatyne(f): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Acidosis:

Hmmn

Would you call a regular customer care personnel who is deligent in his or her field an industrious person?

Would among these two would you call an industrious person:

A civil servant. A businessman. Both?

Going by the actual definition of the word, yes.

Going by Naija's use: nope.

'Industrious' is usually used for entrepreneurs here:

Dangote is industrious, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is brilliant, an authority in finance, bla bla bla.

Using industrious for Ngozi OI would sound wierd however, she is very industrious grin

You forgot the other word 'illustrious' grin

NOI is actually illustrious and industrious however, I will rather use illustrious daughter of the land for her and leave industrious to a Dangote and Folorunsho Alakija.

Anybody hardworking and diligent is industrious whether as a civil servant or an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:

sharrap
people like u will just open ur mouth and wat u release makes people wish it was ur arse dat u opened
u called an entire tribe ritualists and fraudsters and u are talking about natural aggressiveness
omale
ode

fake country kee u there
ewu gambia

I never called the entire tribe Ritualist and fraudsters

you see another problem now, if you can't read to understand simple sentences how would you cope understanding people if you have a new country? you'd really spread anarchy undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Acidosis(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
bukatyne:

Going by the actual definition of the word, yes.

Going by Naija's use: nope.

'Industrious' is usually used for entrepreneurs here:

Dangote is industrious, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is brilliant, an authority in finance, bla bla bla.

Using industrious for Ngozi OI would sound wierd however, she is very industrious grin

You forgot the other word 'illustrious' grin

NOI is actually illustrious and industrious however, I will rather use illustrious daughter of the land for her and leave industrious to a Dangote and Folorunsho Alakija.

Anybody hardworking and diligent is industrious whether as a civil servant or an entrepreneur.

No, let's leave Alakija and Dangote out of this and focus on the N50,000 salary earner or civil servant in Lagos that leaves his or her house 6am Mondays to Fridays. I know you would rather call them diligent workers rather than industrious. Since you wouldn't consider them as industrious workers, does it mean they are lazy?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by APCdestroyer: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm a Fulani man but the truth is that Igbos have the most industrious and hardworking women in Nigeria

I have dated several igbo girls and still have some of them as friends.

Those girls are something else when it comes to hustling and can love you to the core when they're genuinely into you.

I have heard people saying igbos girl love money...

If you meet the one you who genuinely love, she will be the one spending on you... (that's if she have money)

I'm saying this via experience!

So I disagree with Noble igwe!
You wrote it for likes.

Igbo women are industrious and hardworking doing what? Can you elaborate more

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
zionmde:

and how is a new country ur business?
if u don't like dem why don't u face ur backyard and mind ur freaking business.?
Yeah they are either gala, spare parts sellers or ritualists bla bla bla, how does dat affect ur miserable life, ur parents who will be regretting making love 9 months before he birth and ur entire miserable generation?
why don't u just stick ur messed up nose to ur messed up life?

I really cant get vexed cause its not new Igbos are delusional in their thoughts. little wonder you guy kept hoping for a fake country that's been led by a coward in diaspora. You better look at improving ur life other than getting naturally aggressive

plus if ur expecting i'll say some cussed words back to you. I really wount cause I gotta put to you how uncivilized n uncultured you Igbos are generally

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by zionmde: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
heendrix:

I really cant get vexed cause its not new Igbos are delusional in their thoughts. little wonder you guy kept hoping for a fake country that's been led by a coward in diaspora. You better look at improving ur life other than getting naturally aggressive

plus if ur expecting i'll say some cussed words back to you. I really wount cause I gotta put to you how uncivilized n uncultured you Igbos are generally
sharrap, how is d fake country ur business
don't u have a life to live?
Are u dat useless to ur family?
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by LadySarah: 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
O na ako nshi! grin grin
Who has his time?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Liposure: 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Yoruba women are more industrious than Igbo women just as Igbo men are more industrious than Yoruba men.

FACT
blasphemy
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Liposure: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
BOOZELEE:
Lols

I believe him on Yoruba gels.Yoruba women are more hardworking than there men.They don't mind starting up a petty business to sustain there family when they face hardship.

Igbo women are equally hardworking but there men are making them lazy indirectly. 70% of rich Igbo men don't want there wives to work especially the traders..They prefer them staying at home answering housewives.I no blame them.If I see person wey go marry me put for house dey pay me salary.I go lazy leave work. cheesy

But the ones lucky enuf to marry an understanding husband that will let them work excels in any business they do.
this woman sef
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Liposure: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ibo women are not just hardworking. They re illustrious as well. Check the charts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham / How To Greet Someone's Wife (picture) / My Baby Is Yet To Be Sitting. Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.