Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe (3006 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / My Father Is A Very Lazy Person / My Lazy Girlfriend Lacks Ambition And She's Pregnant For Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
This isn't totally true however I can say Igbo women tend to be more dependent than Yoruba women. Key word Tend.

This doesn't paint them bad, it's how much their husbands permit. An igbo Man would rather have his wife at home or at his workshop she will work at all.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by heendrix(m): 12:14am On Jul 14, 2020
zionmde:

sharrap, how is d fake country ur business
don't u have a life to live?
Are u dat useless to ur family?

I've never been useless to my family

maybe you can tell me how the experience feels like. Might be the best time you open up so we can help you in every possible way
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 14, 2020
Igbo women are not lazy. Many of them can not just come and kill themselves.

An average Igboman gets financially prepared before getting married in order not to put unnecessary pressure on his wife so all the wife needs to do is work smart and support her home.

You don't expect a woman who is averagely comfortable in her marriage to be selling agbo in motor parks when she should be furthering her studies, working, or having an easy business for herself.

Do you expect the wife of a Billionaire (not saying Igbos are billionaires) to be a Marketer in Zenithbank and hustle for customers in Ladipo market before you say she is hardworking when she can set up a bank of her own and work with all easiness to compliment her husband's efforts?

Many great Igbo women like Ngozi Okonjo and Dora Akunyili didn't have to sweat too much to be great. Have you seen Chimamanda Adichie sweating while doing her thing? Wise people work smart and not hard.

By the way, you can study activities of many great Igbo women who are into petty trading and learn the true definition of hardworking.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 6:07am On Jul 14, 2020
This is where it all started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by IvarTheBoneless: 6:12am On Jul 14, 2020
I like Igbo men like this that call a spade a spade. cheesy

Not cowards like the runaway General and other lily livered guys who run away after chestbeating.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 6:16am On Jul 14, 2020
End

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by gwafaeziokwu: 6:50am On Jul 14, 2020
grin

Thanks Naptu for showing us the background of the argument. Noble Igwe just used controversy to draw attention to his point.

Igbo women are not lazy, everyone knows that. Same way majority of Igbo men are not interested in their late brother's property.

In most cases, the surviving brothers take over the financial responsibility of training the children in school, while also supporting the wife in business or whatever she chose to do.

There are bad people every where, same as bad families, but they do not form the majority in Igboland.

Chimamanda Adichie warned about stereotypes in her Ted Talk "The Dangers of A Single Story".

She said "The problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete".

"Show a people as one thing, only as one thing, over and over and that is what they will become"

Let's leave the single stories and search for the complete stories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Anambra1stS0n: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2020
OkutaNla:
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/7/igbo-women-are-lazy-dont-like-to-work-and-just-want-to-sit-back-and-enjoy-their-husbands-money-noble-igwe.html

https://twitter.com/Nobsdaslushhkid/status/1282633091870326784?s=19

Ignorant minds

Igbo women are most hardworking women in Nigeria

Notable Igbo ladies making waves both home and abroad

*Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, most influential African

*Chimamanda Adichie, leading African woman

*Arunma Oteh, was the Treasurer and a Vice President of the World Bank

* Oby Ezekwesili Chartered Account, former Vice President for the World Bank's Africa

* Uju Ifejika CEO Brittania U one of the richest woman in Africa, the only woman in oil exploration

*Nkechi Obi -Techno oil

*Godrey Ogbechie- Rainoil

*Audrey Joe-Ezigbo- Falcon energy

*Dame Winifred Akpani -Northwest petroleum and Gas

*Stella Okoli -Emzor Pharmacitical leading Pharmaceuticals company in Nigeria

* Linda Ikeji leading blogger and Linda Ikeji TV

* Mary Nnenna Njoku CEO IrokoTV

* Genevieve Nnaji top Africa actress

* Stephanie LinusĀ  actress, film director and model.

* Chioma Ajunwa went on to become the first West-African woman, as well as the first Nigerian, to win an Olympic gold medal in a track and field event when she emerged victorious in the women's long jump event at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, with a jump length of 7.12 meters

* Igbo women top in Sports and Movie industry in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 7:15am On Jul 14, 2020
post=91692774:

Ee[b]Ignorant minds

Igbo women are most hardworking women in Nigeria

Notable Igbo ladies making waves both home and abroad [/b]

*Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, most influential African

*Chimamanda Adichie, leading African woman

*Arunma Oteh, was the Treasurer and a Vice President of the World Bank

* Oby Ezekwesili Chartered Account, former Vice President for the World Bank's Africa

* Uju Ifejika CEO Brittania U one of the richest woman in Africa, the only woman in oil exploration

*Nkechi Obi -Techno oil

*Godrey Ogbechie- Rainoil

*Audrey Joe-Ezigbo- Falcon energy

*Dame Winifred Akpani -Northwest petroleum and Gas

*Stella Okoli -Emzor Pharmacitical leading Pharmaceuticals company in Nigeria

* Linda Ikeji leading blogger and Linda Ikeji TV

* Mary Nnenna Njoku CEO IrokoTV

* Genevieve Nnaji top Africa actress

* Stephanie LinusĀ  actress, film director and model.

* Ajunwa went on to become the first West-African woman, as well as the first Nigerian, to win an Olympic gold medal in a track and field event when she emerged victorious in the women's long jump event at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, with a jump length of 7.12 meters

* [b]Igbo women top in Sport and Movie industry[/b]

Read the 4 posts just before yours in order to understand where he is coming from.

He doesn't really believe that Igbo women are lazy. A woman tweeted stereotypes about Igbo men and he created his thread in response in order to show that stereotypes are bad.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by UjuJoan2: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2020
Foolish man . . . Just because you come from a family of lazy women you think you the right to judge Igbo women? Yeye dey smell!
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by naptu2: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2020
Oshoala.

Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2020
naptu2:

Well done. Reminds me of a post by Diary of a Single Naija Girl about one sided stuffs.

We need Noble on Nairaland sha.

Scenario 1:
Moniker X - All men are rapists or scum or dogs or don't do chores or are inconsiderate
Moniker Y - You must be describing the men in your family: like your father abi?
Moniker X - It is your family: my husband is the king of consent: all the men in my family are perfect.

Scenario 2:
Moniker X - All women are oloshos or cheats or gold diggers or lazy
Moniker Y - You must be describing the women in your family: like your mother abi?
Moniker X - It is your family: my wife was a virgin: all the women in my family hustle at Alaba etc

The sharp ones say all men are X, all women are Y apart from my family.

We need Noble to quickly cure this madness.
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by 0neal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hmmm!!!
The Igbo ladies I have mingled with are very, very intelligent, and at the same time heart breakers if you no get money grin

I just need to get this off my Chest mehn!!!
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by Olabestonic001(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2020
zionmde:

At least Americans know d difference between concacaf and World cup
other tribes u mean Hausas and yorubas
where have u travelled to in ur life
do u know 70% of taxi drivers in pH are yorubas
Do u know 99% of all d maruwa guys in Lagos are Hausas
Do u know apart from Yoruba owned local restaurants, in Lagos 80% of others are owned by Akwa ibom or Calabar
Do u know dat Yorubas are as much as Igbos in the core north
Do u know dat 70% of local restaurants in aba are owned by Akwa ibom or Calabar indigenes?

Economic refugees indeed
u stay in ur backyard and open ur mouth and someone will not be able to differentiate between wat comes out of ur mouth and wat comes out of ur arse

Great data here.

Kindly share your source
Re: Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe by zionmde: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2020
Olabestonic001:

Great data here.

Kindly share your source
try and travel around a little

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Makes It Abroad, Sends Money To Junior Brother To Build House, Completes It / Never Miss A Girl With The Following Qualities / What To Do If You Are Married To A Sanguine Husband Or Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.