Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay (42587 Views)

Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer / AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Openbusiness3: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2020
sad may God be with you OP and guide your decision to the right way

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by UstazAhmed(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Quit pls
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Emereolevanwill(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Perhaps he needs to taste unemployment.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Abdulguy: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2020
oga dey ur dey oo wrk hard oo stay there u are better than many appreciate God for ur work,he will bless it patient is key

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by pesty100(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2020
The op should quit. He is like a snail that has overgrown its shell
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Starz825(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2020
actually, I don't like police men....but then we are all human beings....

stay in your job until u get another!...cefi ni

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Hotzone(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life as a result of poor pay & lack of promotion.....

I was enlisted into the NPF since year 2009 at 21yrs, I was single then with big aspiration that someday I will move to the top echelon. While in the job, I struggled to send myself to school and bagged my first degree and through to masters level.

But one thing I have noticed is that there is no upward movement within the NPF unlike the other armed forces and some paramilitary agencies that have internal promotional policies of upgrading their personnel based on academic qualification and merit.

The first and only time this ever happened was five years ago when it was widely reported across all news platforms that the NPF was ready to promote graduates within the force to ASPs, exam was conducted, I passed and was selected to go to Abuja for final interview. It was a rough road for me as it was my first time at the FHQ, Abuja. But after like a week, the process was suspended indefinitely. That was the first time I heard the term MERIT LIST VS NATIONAL INTEREST LIST...the Senators and Reps etcs wanted to replace the list with their candidates and they disagree amongst themselves so the process was cancelled.

I must confess my family is getting larger now and the pay I get can't feed us not to talk of paying school fees. I had to double my hustle with side biz to meet up....

Even the Police academy now turn out graduates ASPs every year who are now superiors after just a few years. So what about us with requisite qualification and experience, don't we deserve to be promoted...?

It is on this note that I want to call it quit and move on...

So I need advice in this regard... Should I call it quit or still hold on a bit...cos I don tire......?

NB: For those of you that will be saying yenyenyen shocked police likes twenty Naira.... I have never received bribe from anyone throughout my 11 years in the job. I am the kind of Police Officer that you would meet on duty and would love to be a police officer.... grin

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

.... Help me do the needed for a wider view.... wink
U must be a sergeant

And if u quit now u May lost ur pension which must be close to 1million naira as u are yet 15yrs in service at the rules of engagement entails so I urge u to keep faith because soon, u will become inspector of police and the salary with its responsibilities may take u to a greater height and by His Grace, u may get better posting. Life is filled with grace. I wish u more great strides in ur endeavors ..be strong my brother

15 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by jacoik(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2020
heykims:
This is deep
I won't advice you quit ur job when u haven't secured another. Pay is poor for civil servants generally but I guess ur problem is u ain't even recognised as a graduate.
Since u have ur masters degree, I advise u seek a job in an higher institution. U can gain access to see any top official in any higher institution using ur uniform. See them, explain ur plight, present ur qualification and I'm sure u will secure a job after a few trials. Ur uniform should get u a job but ensure u secure a one before u call it quit with the NPF.
A bird at hand is twice that in the bush.
wow!!! I just love your advice to him bro

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Monaco2(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2020
How much are u being paid n wat is ur rank?!?
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Engrmartins123: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2020
Since you're already in service, you can switch to other paramilitary and get promoted instantly, you can switch to civil defence, fire service or prison and you will be upgraded immediately... Stay focus

7 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Openbusiness3: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:

NB: For those of you that will be saying yenyenyen shocked police likes twenty Naira.... I have never received bribe from anyone throughout my 11 years in the job. I am the kind of Police Officer that you would meet on duty and would love to be a police officer.... grin

May God bless you abundantly for this. NPF needs more officers with integrity like you. Am touched sad

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by dangoteinlaw: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
hopeforcharles:
If you quit, do you have any job or business at hand to sustain you?
If possible why not develop that your side hustle well to be able to sustain you then you quit, don't make a mistake of quitting without a back up
don’t be like that. My blood brother wuit and went by land to overseas and today he’s doing very well. When he always complained of low pay and bias I always thought he was bluffing till the day he stopped going to work and started processing his travel. Him risking by land alone really made me understood all

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Kenny9857(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
[s][/s]
biz1998:
We buy airtime of all networks upto 5 million.We have an online presence with over 5342 positive feedback and testimonies. if you can supply us contact 090.96300.200.. Please if you are not in the business already don't call. Scammers stay off. You won't succeed. Serious people only.
[s]
Scammers
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by lagosrd: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2020
Let me sincerely advice you
QUIT.
don't be held down based on Sentiment. You have a full life ahead of you. The only thing is that you're lucky to be pensionable by now and that bulk money you will collect as pension and your saving ,maybe donations from friends will sustain you.

The fear of the unknown kills . make haste now. Take a position and move ahead. But after quitting luck may smile on you.

I gave this a shot 2yrs ago and now I thank God. I Amy not be a multimillionaire but I thank God so far.

Don't stay in a place you won't feel fufuil. Move bro.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Your Mates Dey Collect Bribe For Road
You Dey Here dey complain angry

are you using style style to tell him to go and join the cursed ones by collecting bribes, too?

if him stop u for road now, na u go carry yourself come dey rant about an officer that wanted to extort money from u.

u people should stop encouraging crime.

5 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by kaze4blues(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2020
Go and start a LLB program. Yoh will be better of being a lawyer with your npf experience

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by dewuyiebun: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
I wouldn't advice you to quit, remember quitters don't win,that promotion you seek will definitely come someday,just trust I the Lord,keep on pushing and endure as much as it gets.am also a civil servant side hustle is what keeps the balance and access to fast loans.you won't regret enduring it.peace

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by jacoik(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
honestly I don't believe there is still good police men and women out there. I believe they are all the same with the kind of evil they dish out to people everyday. but Mr op if you are one of the best amongst them, then I pray may you be local by good luck, destiny helper and blessings. I pray it shall be well with you but please don't quite yet and before you do, use that your uniform to look for a good job and I pray may it open ways for you

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by damoceile: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:

@OC Voice...

Thank you very much. I am more than grateful for the words of encouragement.

I'll keep pushing...

Boss only if u know how much I need this job, pls how can help me get listed to the NPF... I'm a school cert holder, I need a job like that cos I'm tired of all these menial jobs hav bn doing over the years...

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by skyhighweb(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life as a result of poor pay & lack of promotion.....

I was enlisted into the NPF since year 2009 at 21yrs, I was single then with big aspiration that someday I will move to the top echelon. While in the job, I struggled to send myself to school and bagged my first degree and through to masters level.

But one thing I have noticed is that there is no upward movement within the NPF unlike the other armed forces and some paramilitary agencies that have internal promotional policies of upgrading their personnel based on academic qualification and merit.

The first and only time this ever happened was five years ago when it was widely reported across all news platforms that the NPF was ready to promote graduates within the force to ASPs, exam was conducted, I passed and was selected to go to Abuja for final interview. It was a rough road for me as it was my first time at the FHQ, Abuja. But after like a week, the process was suspended indefinitely. That was the first time I heard the term MERIT LIST VS NATIONAL INTEREST LIST...the Senators and Reps etcs wanted to replace the list with their candidates and they disagree amongst themselves so the process was cancelled.

I must confess my family is getting larger now and the pay I get can't feed us not to talk of paying school fees. I had to double my hustle with side biz to meet up....

Even the Police academy now turn out graduates ASPs every year who are now superiors after just a few years. So what about us with requisite qualification and experience, don't we deserve to be promoted...?

So I need advice in this regard... Should I call it quit or still hold on a bit...cos I don tire......?

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

the nice onces are hardly respected keep being u increase ur side hustle stick with d police job

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Jung(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
OcVoice:
You are very sound in English, and you seem to me like a good police officer(but sorry, No good police officer in Naija)

If you quit, what exactly do you want to be doing aside your business? Government job is the only job that gives the chance of building businesses and monitoring them well. Please do not resign. Just concentrate more on building your business and continue to pray for promotion, whilst putting in your best in the force.

Maybe if they help you push to front page and your Superiors see this, they might consider promoting you.

What other options have you considered? That's a start.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Make sure u got a back up plan

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by creepsyme(f): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

My sincere advice, please quit as soon as you get to pensionable age otherwise you will be shortchanging yourself, moreover the pains of seeing yourself been downthrowden by people you know cannot even pass for your intelligence and knowledge is very painful thing to live and cope with, Please free and emancipate yourself from this mental slavery and channel your energy in the right direction and be happy ever after. Your happiness is paramount.

3 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by SweetCunt97(f): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2020
Knowing your pay is little, why did you keep on increasing the size of your family?

We really need to learn how to plan rationally. Get a better job first then you can quit.

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by spora(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2020
You write and communicate well in good English. I can imagine what you are going through. The problem is we don't reward merit in this country. Unfortunately, it is still not a bed of roses outside. If you are into private business, I will advise you to continue to do it by the side while someone (or your wife) is managing it for you. When it becomes big and sustainable enough, you may then resign. It will not be sensible to resign without an option B. Searching for job should be out of it, please. When you later quit and go into business fully, you connection and experience in Police will assist in moving it forward. May God see you through

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by akanbiaa(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2020
Top two jobs that are most detested by Nigerians and there is believe there is no blessing in those jobs are 1. NEPA 2. POLICE so discuss with your loved ones on the way forward since they are the one that will be with you no matter the situation you find yourself and not nairalanders.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by southpole: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2020
EyezofGod120:
cheesy
you are seeking for a good advice from a wrong place. Many if not all here have not done what you are seeking advice on, they lack experience and understanding of what is at hand. I will advise you ask within the police if anybody knows a former police officer who was in similar conditions as yours and quit the police service to be on his own and is currently doing well. Locate that person and ask how he did it, learn from him and you will fine your bearing. Seek advice from those who have done it .

9 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ibile77(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2020
Op. You are not alone in this situation. Don't quit rather up your games. I understand your predicaments but what you need to do is to do a professional course such as Law, becoming a lawyer will definitely put smiles on your lips and assist your immediate and extended family. As for the police promotion FORGET it !!!. The way things is going on , the present constables and Corporal may not get to the rank of inspector before retirement because of the large volume of Graduaate turnout from Police University. You need not be told that promotion in the police is based on vacancy and not your RIGHT, hence , use what you have to get what you want. Use the police to achieve a stable lifetime opportunity. Start your pension plans today. God bless your hustle.

3 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by mamato(f): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2020
Quit and join npower lol. Oga, don't quit your job for now, a bird at hand......., your family is expanding, hope you don't have many wives because that one problem with you police men.

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by obidaddy: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2020
Consider going to the police academy for a course. I know the Army has that option for its non commissioned men who have put in certain years of service with unblemished record.

You may also consider the banking sector, i know they employ smart ex police officers & Supernumerary (SPY) officers, ex army and DSS.
I truly wish you well if your hands are clean, the Lord God will locate you.

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by poweredcom(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2020
@op if you quit your job you are on your own

Do you have any job

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Freiburger(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Your Mates Dey Collect Bribe For Road
You Dey Here dey complain angry
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

She Doesn’t Do Hookup – Man Shares Video Of A Woman Driving A Truck (Pix, Video) / I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / 5 Occupations That Make Most Married Women Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.