Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay (42660 Views)

Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer / AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by CryptoRepublic1: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2020
To the op,

Do not quit yet until you've found something else to do.you can contact me to learn how to trade crypto online while still in your job.

Free of charge.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by pmoye(m): 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
Quit.
It will not get better. You can take it as the truth. It will not get better with your job, instead you will grow more resentful and harm more Nigerians in the process. So, take the risk and quit.

For instance, you can focus on your side hussle and even float a private security company. Nigeria is ripe and overripe for such. If your private security company can manage to build a good reputation, even the sky will fail to be the beginning of your limit.

Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life as a result of poor pay & lack of promotion.....

I was enlisted into the NPF since year 2009 at 21yrs, I was single then with big aspiration that someday I will move to the top echelon. While in the job, I struggled to send myself to school and bagged my first degree and through to masters level.

But one thing I have noticed is that there is no upward movement within the NPF unlike the other armed forces and some paramilitary agencies that have internal promotional policies of upgrading their personnel based on academic qualification and merit.

The first and only time this ever happened was five years ago when it was widely reported across all news platforms that the NPF was ready to promote graduates within the force to ASPs, exam was conducted, I passed and was selected to go to Abuja for final interview. It was a rough road for me as it was my first time at the FHQ, Abuja. But after like a week, the process was suspended indefinitely. That was the first time I heard the term MERIT LIST VS NATIONAL INTEREST LIST...the Senators and Reps etcs wanted to replace the list with their candidates and they disagree amongst themselves so the process was cancelled.

I must confess my family is getting larger now and the pay I get can't feed us not to talk of paying school fees. I had to double my hustle with side biz to meet up....

Even the Police academy now turn out graduates ASPs every year who are now superiors after just a few years. So what about us with requisite qualification and experience, don't we deserve to be promoted...?

It is on this note that I want to call it quit and move on...

So I need advice in this regard... Should I call it quit or still hold on a bit...cos I don tire......?

NB: For those of you that will be saying yenyenyen shocked police likes twenty Naira.... I have never received bribe from anyone throughout my 11 years in the job. I am the kind of Police Officer that you would meet on duty and would love to be a police officer.... grin

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

.... Help me do the needed for a wider view.... wink

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by hakeem4(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life as a result of poor pay & lack of promotion.....

I was enlisted into the NPF since year 2009 at 21yrs, I was single then with big aspiration that someday I will move to the top echelon. While in the job, I struggled to send myself to school and bagged my first degree and through to masters level.

But one thing I have noticed is that there is no upward movement within the NPF unlike the other armed forces and some paramilitary agencies that have internal promotional policies of upgrading their personnel based on academic qualification and merit.

The first and only time this ever happened was five years ago when it was widely reported across all news platforms that the NPF was ready to promote graduates within the force to ASPs, exam was conducted, I passed and was selected to go to Abuja for final interview. It was a rough road for me as it was my first time at the FHQ, Abuja. But after like a week, the process was suspended indefinitely. That was the first time I heard the term MERIT LIST VS NATIONAL INTEREST LIST...the Senators and Reps etcs wanted to replace the list with their candidates and they disagree amongst themselves so the process was cancelled.

I must confess my family is getting larger now and the pay I get can't feed us not to talk of paying school fees. I had to double my hustle with side biz to meet up....

Even the Police academy now turn out graduates ASPs every year who are now superiors after just a few years. So what about us with requisite qualification and experience, don't we deserve to be promoted...?

So I need advice in this regard... Should I call it quit or still hold on a bit...cos I don tire......?

NB: For those of you that will be saying yenyenyen shocked police likes twenty Naira.... I have never received bribe from anyone throughout my 11 years in the job. I am the kind of Police Officer that you would meet on duty and would love to be a police officer.... grin

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

this is a complicated scenario. You can’t leave this job currently cause you don’t have any other source of livelihood, except your business.

Leaving the police force at this time of an economic crisis would be a bad choice. So remain with it for the main time till you get your self a better opportunity
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by McTobe(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2020
@ralpdee123 have you thought about joining the Mobile force. It’s more likely to get help through that unit than through conventional police. As a Mobile personnel attached to a big man or big Madam, your attitude alone will make them to want to know why someone if your caliber will still be in the rank and file.
Special Warning: Don’t ever leave the force without an appointment letter from another organization. Even if your side hustle as you call it is paying already let it run for the next one year before you can think of leaving Active service. I am talking from experience.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by kullozone(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
A police officer?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeew!!!

I can't even wish you well sef, not to talk of advise.

I hate una scatter... y'all totally bad.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by kingvick09(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

HOPE YOU ARE NOT AMONG THOSE RENDERING PEOPLE JOBLESS SEIZING THIER BIKES EVERYDAY!
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by damoceile: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by saxywale1: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

Apply for Canada's express entry. Police officers make on average $120,000 per year in developed countries. Even if you don't become a police officer, there are security professional certifications you can also take that would help you get physical security/investigation jobs in large corporations that could pay close to 6 figures too.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by divieq17: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
CAREER PATH TO FOLLOW.

Plan your career change

30, 40 or 50 you need to think about career planning

Changing career in your 30s, 40s and 50s demands a certain level of planning. You need a proper career change strategy in place so you can take each step with confidence and determination.

After all, you don’t want to rush ahead and change your career only to find you’ve jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. You want something better than you have now.

Are you looking for:

*Greater fulfilment?
*More freedom?
*Less stress?
*More money?
*A move out of the city?
*To start a family?

Take a moment to think about this, because if you can get to the bottom of what it is you really want, you’ll find it easier to choose what you do next.

We are a leading Certified (OSHA, IADC and Hardhat Training series U.S.A) heavy machinery training provider and the largest in Nigeria with speciality in Mobile cranes, Forklift, Excavator, Reachstacker (karma crane), Payloader and Swamp Buggy

We know that with the right skills and expert knowledge you can achieve anything, anywhere and anytime.
Having a decent white collar job has always been the dream of every individual, but due to the trend in world globalization where job loss has become a norm and job titles are beginning to change, more individuals (Graduates, Non graduates, employed and unemployed) are seeking to secure their future by acquiring a life time SKILL.

A heavy equipment operator's job prospects are anticipated to increase in the coming years. This is all due to a severe shortage of good training programs and scarcity of trained workers. People usually don't opt for jobs in a place where they have to work in uncomfortable working environments.
Heavy equipment operators operate equipment used in the construction and maintenance of bridges, roads, airports, tunnels, pipelines, buildings and other structural work. Construction, production and manufacturing companies, public works and heavy equipment contractors recruit equipment operators.

The scope of the job profile of a equipment operator is expected cover most job openings, as economic growth have bought in new infrastructural growth, which requires constant maintenance. There would be constant requirement for equipment operators to maintain and patch up roads. Many cities are growing and installing mass transportation systems. This expansion would need workers to fill in new jobs.

Registration is currently ongoing for the next batch of equilog training's
Crane- August 2020
Forklift- July 13th 2020
Reachstacker (Karma crane) - July 13th 2020
Excavator- July 13th 2020
Pay Loader- July 13th 2020

We have 8 seats left for this batch, Hurry! Register Today!

Requirements;
*2 passport photographs
*A valid means of ID ( Drivers license, voters card, intl passport)
*Medical fitness report
*Proof of basic education

What you tend to benefit....
*A recognized international certificate...
*Job assistance
*Internship Program
*Professionally detailed CV with references and work experience

Visit us @ KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity
Bank, Ajiwe, Ajah, Lagos.

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by anyicash(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Don't expect me to advice you to quit your jobs..he who wears a shoe knows where it's pinching him...man know thyself..you have to check yourself very well, then think about if you quit now what will you be doing to earn a living.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Neddyogu(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
In all ur getting, get God and conne..... E get why
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by golddare: 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

1. Put a stop to child bearing for now.
2. Empower your wife or build up your other source of income.
3. Put in for PhD to boost you job hunts in the academics.
4. Look for lecturing jobs at Uni,Poly or COE especially private owned.
5. You need courage to resign but I will give you one. The lepers in 2Kgs 7:4 said if we stay we die and if we go we die... you can read the story. The point is, they left because they knew they had no future if they stay so they decided to venture out into the unknown and God helped them.
6. You already knew that if you stay, no future but if you leave at least you can get teaching or security jobs that will pay you same amounts the FG is paying you and with God nothing is impossible, hence you will be fine.
7. Get closer to God. Congratulations for not being the corrupt type.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by excell0001: 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Your Mates Dey Collect Bribe For Road You Dey Here dey complain angry
i beg no kill me for laugh
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by romenna: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
You're working and complaining while other graduates have been home since that 2009 without a job.
Life is a pot of beans without plantain
A lot of people will not help u because of that cursed uniform on u.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by bizzibodi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Engrmartins123:
Since you're already in service, you can switch to other paramilitary and get promoted instantly, you can switch to civil defence, fire service or prison and you will be upgraded immediately... Stay focus
U didn't mention customs think it easy.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by sexyto(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
Have you tried the ASP cadet?you can apply when next they want to recruit ASP cadet, I don't know how it works but give it a try.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by einsteine(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
ilofy:
i will advise you to also consider staying a bit longer and see if you can safe and write a professional sefety exam like Nebosh because with these added to your experience you can be looking for job in cooperate body were you can even head their security department

His rank would still work against him. Banks hire ex-police, ex-army, ex-DSS for their security departments and pay well but aside from the required qualifications (masters, law degree), they also require to have been an officer (at least Captain in the Army or SP in the police). If he goes there with his korofo experience, they will give him a 100k job.

His best bet may be to see if he can transfer to the NCDC. I know a few sergeants and inspectors who were able to move to the officer cadre of the NDDC.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by maximunimpact(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
hopeforcharles:

LOL what are u driving at, You should survive before thinking of attaining greatness or growing.
Besides stomach infrastructure is a basic need of man
Greatness is a process and its doesn't happen in a day,

The reason many are poor and average is the fear of hunger...getting hungry to get what you want is a great difference maker
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by greatermax77(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
OcVoice:
You are very sound in English, and you seem to me like a good police officer(but sorry, No good police officer in Naija)

If you quit, what exactly do you want to be doing aside your business? Government job is the only job that gives the chance of building businesses and monitoring them well. Please do not resign. Just concentrate mbusiness and continue to pray for promotion, whilst putting in your best in the force.

Maybe if they help you push to front page and your Superiors see this, they might consider promoting you.
If there is no good police officer in Nigeria Police Force, there is also no good Nigerian. Wrong thought.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by BitmapStudios: 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
One thing y'all should know, if he was the type that collects bribes, he won't come to tell us he wants to quit. I personally know Lance Corporals in NPF that have built their own houses and own at least, one good car -they are perpetual bribe collectors and judgement perverts. Help this sincere officer have a better future.
cool

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by skybeauty(f): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
A frustrated policeman in my area committed suicide because he was owing a lot of people. He wrote down the list of all those he was owing on a piece of paper and also wrote that he was tired of life. He took sniper and died. Really, people are suffering.

Your ability to stand tall and face all your challenges makes you a real man. People don’t know that no problem in life is absolute. There are other alternatives. Just pray to God to enlighten you and you will find out other side hustles that can make you forget your salary.

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Lawdis(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

......hmmmm

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by odinga1of: 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

Bros don't quit. Try and work yourself to Udu, Uvwie or Warri LGA of Delta State and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Peter887: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
Police man for 11 good years and u have never collect any bribe, then how do u think NPF will promote u? Abi them no inform u say bribbery and false alligation are the criterias for promotion
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by jayaim: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Bro my best advise to u is to get a side business & do, then later u can leave ur job if the Biz becomes solid. Civil servant job is a slave job. Some retires in federal inland revenue are still waiting for thier gratituty uptill date. A so called juicy government organization. I always tell people salary can't make u gain financial freedom
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by bolajirnd(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
kiddkash:

its not an easy world out there, keep pushing, and trying and hopefully, things will get better
in this life, you need to know people.
if you have a good relationship with them, they might not help you today
but in future, they might be the ones to help you out

I learnt from someone, if you have been looking for work for a long time,
stop looking for work and start looking for opportunities
people discourage betting, but betting is an opportunity to make money

you just have to know how much you really want, they risk you are willing to take and is the risk worth it
from betting, people use N1,000 to win N7,000 it is a profit. it is N6,000 profit on a daily basis
just don't get too greedy wanting big right now
if you make N6,000 every day in a week, its 42,000
that is a lot of money
until you have enough money as back up before taking that risk

that's like daily 7 odds, abeg can i be getting games from you?......i don lost too much
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by oluwamaich(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Take it to Twitter
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by landry07(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
my guy let me advise u u need to start collecting bribe now b4 is too late
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ombudsdabomb: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
My first question will be what's your side hustle? If it's something putting more of your time into will yield greater returns then quit and chase it!
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ola14(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
I can feel your pains but try to hold on for sometime.....I have a brother who is now a lecturer at a college of education In Oyo he was an EOD personnel of Nigerian Police and he had the opportunity of working with a former governor in Oyo State that's how the governor helped to secure the lecturing job .....try to mobilize to SPU or EOD from those two department of Nigeria police you can be attached to good VIP or a big firm and you can try your luck with them.....
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
[s]
BigDick70inch:
Okay aint gon talk bout dos 20 naira sir..maybe yo way above that..

How bout 50 nairas instead huh??do u also reject them huh??pls be truthful.. cheesy
Cos..that is more common dan collecting 20 naira.. wink

[/s]
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by oshorstan(f): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
you sound like someone who doesn't collect bribes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Occupations That Make Most Married Women Cheat / Man With One Hand That Breaks Firewood For A Living Pictured / Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.