Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,344 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 (51655 Views)

Zoleka, Nelson Mandela's Granddaughter Dying Of Cancer / Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic / Passenger Coughs, Dies At Checkpoint In Osun/oyo Boundary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

Its quite easy to confirm if someone is from a specific area in West Africa.

1. Ask them where they are from
2. once they identify, bring someone from that specific country to verify if they can speak or understand a native language from that country, if they can't then they have been caught out.

unlike some of you in the south who can interchange languages within South Africa, it is difficult to camouflage ourselves quite so easily in West-central Africa.

I'm certain that's what the cops do. For ordinary South Africans it's not possible because of a lack of integration, particularly by West Africans. They are too foreign.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

2. once they identify, bring someone from that specific country to verify if they can speak or understand a native language from that country, if they can't then they have been caught out.

unlike some of you in the south who can interchange languages within South Africa, it is difficult to camouflage ourselves quite so easily in West-central Africa.

I find the storeotyping very disturbing to some extent. Irrespective of the crime situation I don't think anyone should be locked up for being Nigerian. People should be locked up for committing a crime and not just for origin. With regards to public perception of Nigerians, that really can't be helped. Even here on Nairaland once a crime thread pops up you see the Names Checker Association fighting amongst themselves.

Although I am from Cameroon I have a name that is common amongst the Igbo and Cross River. It has played negatively on me even in Europe. So I suppose the Nigerian issue isn't just limited to SA.
I really don't trust how the dialect part is going to play out. Cameroon has over 250 dialects some "stranger" than a blue tortoise. Besides the Ejagham dialect of South West Cameroon is spoken by tribes in Cross River. Same for the northern part of Cameroon using the fulani dialects
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by kgr28(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

The matrix you still breathing my G.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Look at how pathetic you look. So overjoyed that u bleeping SA girls. grin grin grin SA men and women bleep people from all over the world - we are the most cosmopolitan country in Africa - the Brazil of Africa.

So stop embarrassing yourself by being so overjoyed that South Africans are giving u some little attention when they're not burning down your drug-dens. grin grin grin It's giving you some status to be seen with South Africans. cool cool cool

Is it really true that some South Africans are just plain angry cos their babes are being tangled by foreigners. I have heard those lines too often from strangers and your honest insight to it be nice.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

U mean the same Ethiopians that were attacking SA police - the incident that led to last year's xenophobic wave? Post that as evidence instead. Where have u ever heard of foreign nationals abusing state officials - it's treason.

You also should desist from labelling every bad thing that happens to foreigners in SA as xenophobic - we all suffer from criminal attacks in SA equally.

The pictures of the two waves of xenophobic attack certainly took the rest of Africa by surprise. It painted an awry picture of the rainbow nation that has hosted millions of Africans looking for brighter future. Still there is no denying it wasnt the voice of the majority as several South Africans condemned the attacks. However it exposed the cracks of the sufferings of the average South African many of whom are yet to recover from the pain, inequality and hard suffering of the evil of apartheid era.

The violent situation in SA brings to mind Lucky Dube. Shot in cold blood for no wrong. That said crime and violence abounds everywhere. The happenings you read on Nairaland taking place in Lagos etc shivers the spine from their position. Armed robbery, kidnappings, rape, killings etc. In my country Cameroon seperatist fighters raped and butchered a young woman in cold blood for no wrong. Crazy times we live in.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
grandlexuz:

I find the storeotyping very disturbing to some extent. Irrespective of the crime situation I don't think anyone should be locked up for being Nigerian. People should be locked up for committing a crime and not just for origin. With regards to public perception of Nigerians, that really can't be helped. Even here on Nairaland once a crime thread pops up you see the Names Checker Association fighting amongst themselves.

Stereotypes are often true but are "always" generalizations so anyone who does this is prejudice. Unfortunately this is a defense and survival mechanism engrained in the human condition.

grandlexuz:

Although I am from Cameroon I have a name that is common amongst the Igbo and Cross River. It has played negatively on me even in Europe. So I suppose the Nigerian issue isn't just limited to SA.

A lot of ethnic groups in close proximity to national borders would experience this as the Igbo- calabar -Bamenda are closely related in language and ethnicity. This should not bother you because invariably you are/were related to these groups somewhere in the distance past hence the similarity in names.

This is not uncommon in South Africa either as many people from mozambic, Zambia or Zimbabwe share similar first and last names as many South Africans yet sometimes they are accused of adopting these names to camouflage themselves within the society when in actuality because these groups have been related in the past with the likelihood that these names are cross cultural.

[/quote]
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Emmaomotob:
When did nairaland turn to this? What is seun and his boys doing about this crazed lune called Unrighteous89, who is hellbent on derailing every meaningful thread?

What is your problem??
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

I'm certain that's what the cops do. For ordinary South Africans it's not possible because of a lack of integration, particularly by West Africans. They are too foreign.

Then your cops need an integration lesson sponsored by your government. Send a squad of them to all these African countries to spend a month each and have them understand the differences since this will become an escalating issue in SA.,Why not nip the problem at the bud eh?
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Iceyjays(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Look at how pathetic you look. So overjoyed that u bleeping SA girls. grin grin grin SA men and women bleep people from all over the world - we are the most cosmopolitan country in Africa - the Brazil of Africa.

So stop embarrassing yourself by being so overjoyed that South Africans are giving u some little attention when they're not burning down your drug-dens. grin grin grin It's giving you some status to be seen with South Africans. cool cool cool
Brazilian? you are full of bullshit boy. cheesy

stop praising yourself already, if not because of the whites, south Africa would have been worse than Zimbabwe, go thank your white masters.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
Iceyjays:
Brazilian? you are full of bullshit boy. cheesy

stop praising yourself already, if not because of the whites, south Africa would have been worse than Zimbabwe, go thank your white masters.

How do u even know there would have been a South Africa to begin with?

Do u know which country has the richest Kingdom in Africa fool - despite the oppressive colonialism? And it's not even the Zulus.

Read and weep sucker! And stop sucking white c*ck.

#BlackSAExcellence I laugh in SeTswana (kikikikiki) grin grin grin grin grin

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
kgr28:

The matrix you still breathing my G.

Morpheus can never die.

Covid is not my portion.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
grandlexuz:

The pictures of the two waves of xenophobic attack certainly took the rest of Africa by surprise. It painted an awry picture of the rainbow nation that has hosted millions of Africans looking for brighter future. Still there is no denying it wasnt the voice of the majority as several South Africans condemned the attacks. However it exposed the cracks of the sufferings of the average South African many of whom are yet to recover from the pain, inequality and hard suffering of the evil of apartheid era.
in.

Below are the pictures not being shown in Nigerian media for their own mischievous purposes. They wanna push the xenophobia label at all cost to hide the massive criminality of their nationalities that I showed u earlier.

SA is not xenophobic, just sick and tired of the criminality that accompanies illegal migration into the country. And indeed our own government is to blame for trying to appease the continent for it's support during apartheid, but it comes at a very high cost to the country itself because theres huge lawlessness now.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

Then your cops need an integration lesson sponsored by your government. Send a squad of them to all these African countries to spend a month each and have them understand the differences since this will become an escalating issue in SA.,Why not nip the problem at the bud eh?

No, we need to shut our borders to illegal immigration, instead of the responsibility now being on us to learn foreign cultures and be understanding in our own country.

Why should we go overseas for sensitivity training when we should be indoctrinating foreigners in our country to our way of doing things?

Foreigners need to adapt to South African ways and not the other way round. That's why we need to manage the numbers otherwise they'll overwhelm us. That's standard procedure all over the world but in SA foreigners have the audacity to attack our state institutions coz they have safety in numbers.

That can't be right.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
grandlexuz:

Is it really true that some South Africans are just plain angry cos their babes are being tangled by foreigners. I have heard those lines too often from strangers and your honest insight to it be nice.

To a certain extent yes they are. There has been a growing perception over the years that "foreigners" come to the country and take "thier" women away from them, as if their women are property that is waiting for them.

I believe this mindset comes from the fact that the women now have many more options available to them that was not present.

Apartheid brought about a lot of destabilization to the family unit which disrupted certain innate African values that centered on the family as a unit. Men were separated from their women, having to travel far distances to seek work, this in turn increased the issue of promiscuity perpetrated by both partners I must add, the culture of rape, illegitimate children, alchoholism and lack of financial support from spouses.

Now I am not saying these issues are not present in other societies across Africa, however this is much more pronounced in the Black South African communities.

In come these Africans with different value systems and thus the shift in many of their females becoming attracted to some of the values these "foreigners" bring.

Its a hard reality pill to swallow but its on them to fix this problem and chasing away their competition is not one of the solutions.

My two cents.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

No, we need to shut our borders to illegal immigration, instead of the responsibility now being on us to learn foreign cultures and be understanding in our own country.

Shut the borders and do it now now. I am an advocate for this cause.

YEBOmadiba:

Why should we go overseas for sensitivity training when we should be indoctrinating foreigners in our country to our way of doing things?
Foreigners need to adapt to South African ways and not the other way round. That's why we need to manage the numbers otherwise they'll overwhelm us. That's standard procedure all over the world but in SA foreigners have the audacity to attack our state institutions coz they have safety in numbers.

That can't be right.

its because you don't know how to run your government thats why
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Minxie(f): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

To a certain extent yes they are. There has been a growing perception over the years that "foreigners" come to the country and take "thier" women away from them, as if their women are property that is waiting for them.

I believe this mindset comes from the fact that the women now have many more options available to them that was not present.

Apartheid brought about a lot of destabilization to the family unit which disrupted certain innate African values that centered on the family as a unit. Men were separated from their women, having to travel far distances to seek work, this in turn increased the issue of promiscuity perpetrated by both partners I must add, the culture of rape, illegitimate children, alchoholism and lack of financial support from spouses.

Now I am not saying these issues are not present in other societies across Africa, however this is much more pronounced in the Black South African communities.

In come these Africans with different value systems and thus the shift in many of their females becoming attracted to some of the values these "foreigners" bring.

Its a hard reality pill to swallow but its on them to fix this problem and chasing away their competition is not one of the solutions.

My two cents.

I think you've made a good point. I agree with you and would like to add something. I would like to point out that there's a perception that South African women like Nigerian men especially. Which is not true. South African women like all kinds of foreign men because of the points you made and more.

However there is a certain amount of care being displayed by South African men (fathers, uncles and brothers)because of the rate at which some foreigners have deceived local women just to get papers. This is also something that contributes to the theory of "they are taking our women".

South African women love foreigners (from all over and not just Nigeria)because we think they are different to what we know. this doesn't necessarily mean that our own men are bad. Truth is that women from all over think the worst of their own men. Just look at the case of Nigeria. I've spoken to women from many countries who all prefer foreign men. A Chinese prefers Italian men but an Italian girl prefers brazilian men. This happens in most countries. Women like foreign men because they bring a sense of erotic, exotic and adventure. Exploring the unknown... it's sexy wink

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

Shut the borders and do it now now. I am an advocate for this cause.

its because you don't know how to run your government thats why

Indeed, that's why you won't leave SA regardless of the xenophobic killings. You'd rather risk your life under a grossly incompetent government.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
grandlexuz:

SA men and women are free to love whoever they want - foreigners and even same sex - so it's not a big issue.

The Nigerians make it a big issue because being with a South African women boosts their low self-esteem which South Africans expose very well. They crave SA attention because u know SA people don't like them much. So SA girls are the ideal trophy for them - that's why u find a million threads about na.ked SA babes on NL.

So the people hyping this woman issue are Nigerians, not South Africans. Yes, some men complain about this - as in most countries - but Nigerians overblow it as if SA men are running out of women. Meanwhile, only like 0.00001% SA girls are dating Nigerians. So it's a typical Nigerian false bragging mentality.

So this morpheus24 person is deceiving u.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Minxie:

I think you've made a good point. I agree with you and would like to add something. I would like to point out that there's a perception that South African women like Nigerian men especially. Which is not true. South African women like all kinds of foreign men because of the points you made and more.

However there is a certain amount of care being displayed by South African men (fathers, uncles and brothers)because of the rate at which some foreigners have deceived local women just to get papers. This is also something that contributes to the theory of "they are taking our women".

South African women love foreigners (from all over and not just Nigeria)because we think they are different to what we know. this doesn't necessarily mean that our own men are bad. Truth is that women from all over think the worst of their own men. Just look at the case of Nigeria. I've spoken to women from many countries who all prefer foreign men. A Chinese prefers Italian men but an Italian girl prefers brazilian men. This happens in most countries. Women like foreign men because they bring a sense of erotic, exotic and adventure. Exploring the unknown... it's sexy wink

SPOT ON. We are a sexually liberated country and date across nationalities.

But you'd swear reading on Nairaland that Nigerians have married or slept with 80% of SA women. That time that figure doesn't even make up 0.005%. More Zimbabweans and Congolese date SA people than that.

Nigerians and empty pride.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

SA men and women are free to love whoever they want - foreigners and even same sex - so it's not a big issue.

Who do you know that is not free to love whoever they want. Did Nigerians tell you they restrict their women from marrying other people.

YEBOmadiba:

The Nigerians make it a big issue because being with a South African women boosts their low self-esteem which South Africans expose very well. They crave SA attention because u know SA people don't like them much. So SA girls are the ideal trophy for them - that's why u find a million threads about na.ked SA babes on NL.

WRONG!!

1. It is common practice for immigrating men to take upon themselves wives from the community they reside in because of imbalance in the proportion of males that migrate compared to women.

2. The Nigerians are usually wow'ed by the back sides and hour glass shapes of South African women, which is not a commonality with women from West Africa thus the initial infatuation with your women. What they do come to realize after time is that looks are indeed deceiving. Most of these ladies are not from very good backgrounds, are highly promiscious compared to their West African counterparts in marriage and are prone to leaving their husbands at later stages of the marriage because of the ingrained culture of not preserving the family unit.

YEBOmadiba:

So the people hyping this woman issue are Nigerians, not South Africans. Yes, some men complain about this - as in most countries - but Nigerians overblow it as if SA men are running out of women. Meanwhile, only like 0.00001% SA girls are dating Nigerians. So it's a typical Nigerian false bragging mentality.
I will agree with you here only due to the fact that statistically speaking SA men have nothing to worry about. If there only about 500,000 Nigerian men within the country,they would be overwhelmed by the number of SA men and women and thus cannot have bragging rites at monopolizing marriage to SA women.

This however does not negate the fact that South African girls marry other nationalities in higher propensity than do their men and some of the issues I enumerated do factor into this reason.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
Minxie:

I don't disagree with this point and alluded to this in my response when I use the term "foreigners"

Minxie:

This is unfortunately true and there are people who get married for paper sake however if you look very well at most immigration laws in your country you will see that it is virtually useless for foreign men at this point to follow that route if they wish to immigrate into the country for a long period of time. The process is deliberately stalled to weed these such instances out, so I would say a smaller percentage of foreigners follow this route.

Rather I would say that these men decide to settle down permanently with these women as spouses in the hopes of remaining in the country indefinitely.

Minxie:

No one says all South African men are bad. South Africans get married to each other on a daily basis and I don't think this is going to stop any time soon. That's not the point. The point is why are your women attracted to them at a hire degree as opposed to what you know. s it curiosity, values, appearance, wealth ?

Ps This does not happen in the Nigerian community not so because all these traits I have enumerated are non existent in other men outside of Nigeria only that most Nigerian women are comfortable with the cultural values of what a relationship with a spouse means within the cultural context.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

SPOT ON. We are a sexually liberated country and date across nationalities.

This is why you are slow. Sexual liberation has nothing to do with picking out a spouse or someone for a long term relationship. A cameroonian woman can sleep with several French men while attending university in France or in her country for that matter. Who is really stopping her?

Minxie:

But you'd swear reading on Nairaland that Nigerians have married or slept with 80% of SA women. That time that figure doesn't even make up 0.005%. More Zimbabweans and Congolese date SA people than that.

Nigerians and empty pride.

Foreigners do attract your women and this is a reality you have to deal with based on some of the things I have discussed earlier which you wish to bury your head in the sand for.

Some Nigerians take this on as masculine prowess but the fact remains you should look inward as to what you are doing that causes you to make statments such as "they are taking our women" or "they got the good ones" or " i hate those Nigerians because our girls like them", statements that I have heard from even the most educated sect of your population.

[/quote]
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Indeed, that's why you won't leave SA regardless of the xenophobic killings. You'd rather risk your life under a grossly incompetent government.

Ahhh Mfethu, I don't live in South Africa ne!

Once upon a time I visited a large range of countries in Southern Africa and I was based in some of them including SA for sometime attached to a foreign government outfit.

There is nothing in SA I have not seen anywhere else in many of my travels to wish to live there.

You can enjoy your country. Its all yours!
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 11:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
morpheus24:

Who do you know that is not free to love whoever they want. Did Nigerians tell you they restrict their women from marrying other people.

The point is SA men are not complaining about their women being stolen. It's a non-issue for the majority. Nigerians are hanging to the statements of a few poor disgruntled minority and made it universal, which is self-deception.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2020
morpheus24:

Ahhh Mfethu, I don't live in South Africa ne!

Once upon a time I visited a large range of countries in Southern Africa and I was based in some of them including SA for sometime attached to a foreign government outfit.

There is nothing in SA I have not seen anywhere else in many of my travels to wish to live there.

You can enjoy your country. Its all yours!

Thanks, that's the intention. That's why we are xenophobic.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 5:47am On Jul 17, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

The point is SA men are not complaining about their women being stolen. It's a non-issue for the majority. Nigerians are hanging to the statements of a few poor disgruntled minority and made it universal, which is self-deception.

Its not as bad as it was before but its definitely still there. Lets keep it real here.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Icyjayz(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

How do u even know there would have been a South Africa to begin with?

Do u know which country has the richest Kingdom in Africa fool - despite the oppressive colonialism? And it's not even the Zulus.

Read and weep sucker! And stop sucking white c*ck.

#BlackSAExcellence I laugh in SeTswana (kikikikiki) grin grin grin grin grin
Shut up! That's false information, you think you can deceive me with this useless write up of yours? fvck off!
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by JaceBlaze: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2020
morpheus24:

Ahh JaceBlaze, so you didn't know Mandela had a first wife with lots of children.

Tomorrow you will say you know your own country. Poor Millenial baby.

Let me spice up the mandela story a little more for you. They set the trend for marrying "foreigners" (in south African accent) long before you all started complaining about foreigners taking your women.

Look up who Kweku mandela Amuah's mum is.

*****Shame****

Morphy the overly obsessed Jace fan shocked how do you find me in every thread I post in? this is becoming creepy grin

What am I supposed to be looking up and what should I do with that info?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2020
Funny how this thread on Zindzi's death digressed into a debate. With the exception of the lunatic Iceyjays the discussion has been civil and educative at best. Shout out to YeboMadiba, Minxie and Morpheus24 for keeping your decorum while airing your concerns.
I certainly have learned alot. There is no denying South Africans have been very tolerant enough. Cameroon belongs to same geopolitical association as Gabon and Guinea Equatoreal. Yet Cameroonian immigrants get it tough in these countries. I hear in Ghana, Nigerians and other foreigners aren't allowed to do certain low skilled job reserved for just nationals. The SA society is totally overwhelmed by foreigners who have brought in different vices. Several years ago during a Big Brother Africa contest I listened with solidarity to the legitimate complaints against foreigners by the SA representive (Barbie).

Most of us Africans have an entitlement mentality.Even in our families because an aunt gave you a plate of beans when you were young she feels entitled to a portion of your salary forever. Lol. South Africans dont owe the rest of Africa a never ending debt for standing by them during apartheid. In solidarity the SA government has over allowed African emigration to levels that are now difficult to get a hold over. The citiizens have the right however to call government immigration policies into order without being violent. I think that is where a bunch of SA folks got it wrong. You can't burn peoples shops and target them for being foreigners. However they can hold placards and match the streets for regulation on immigration by the government. Propose meaningful ideas through their constituents. Thanks Yebomadiba for those impressive anti xenophobia pictures.

Foreigners are always part of the development of every country. Dubai and many Arab countries have more foreigners than locals. Not saying SA should allow more foreigners than its locals but foreigners will always be a part of the society. The government should look at repatriating those involved in a certain level of crime or without meaningful stay in SA. Only then will foreign crime drop. I know of Cameroonians who have been in SA for 20 years unable to send a box of quinine back home during a malaria attack. Lol I also understand there are lots of violent local crimes as well especially towards women. Much work really has to be done by the government.

I was talking to a Cameroonian friend in SA who had an SA friend by her side. When her SA friend stepped away I teasingly asked if she has a big bumbum. She said no. Jokingly I replied " South African girl without bumbum is that one South African". LOL. So yes most west Africans are fascinated with the big bumbum of most SA girls and thus I cant help but smile at all the fight taking place in SA over their girls. Even the lunatic Iceyjays has a South African babe. Minxie if you are not married abeg I deh available oh. grin I perfectly agree with Minxie over women being attracted to foreigners. In my country I hear girls say they cant marry to a man from their tribe. They prefer another tribe. Definitely foreigners bring a different erotic refreshment. In Cameroon most girls know Nigerian guys just want to play. When marriage time comes the run back to Naija and get a wife. For 220 dollars a Nigerian can get a Cameroonian residential permit valid 2 years, so no one marries for citizenship.

The rivalry between Nigerians and South Africa is a topic for another day.Lol. If only most subsahara African governments could better their own countries SA wouldn't have to deal with all that influx of African economic migrants. The US is building a wall, Italy is refusing migrant ships from docking its wharf, the fight against illegal immigration is real.Even in Cameroon foreigners get repatriated for not having papers. As we condemn South Africans we must also appreciate many of them have been tolerant and their land has been one of milk and honey for many Africans. As South Africans condemn crimes brought in by foreigners they must also look at bearing responsibility for crimes commited by locals. I read a disturbing story of an abaThembu King a nephew of Mandela chasing the son with an axe after leaving prison on parole. Stringent penalties should be instituted for violent and drug related crimes be it from foreigners or locals.

Shalom '

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Morphy the overly obsessed Jace fan shocked how do you find me in every thread I post in? this is becoming creepy grin

What am I supposed to be looking up and what should I do with that info?

Even as a Cameroonian I know Mandela had Evelyn before Winnie. You sef na waoh grin
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Minxie(f): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2020
grandlexuz:
Funny how this thread on Zindzi's death digressed into a debate. With the exception of the lunatic Iceyjays the discussion has been civil and educative at best. Shout out to YeboMadiba, Minxie and Morpheus24 for keeping your decorum while airing your concerns.
I certainly have learned alot. There is no denying South Africans have been very tolerant enough. Cameroon belongs to same geopolitical association as Gabon and Guinea Equatoreal. Yet Cameroonian immigrants get it tough in these countries. I hear in Ghana, Nigerians and other foreigners aren't allowed to do certain low skilled job reserved for just nationals. The SA society is totally overwhelmed by foreigners who have brought in different vices. Several years ago during a Big Brother Africa contest I listened with solidarity to the legitimate complaints against foreigners by the SA representive (Barbie).

Most of us Africans have an entitlement mentality.Even in our families because an aunt gave you a plate of beans when you were young she feels entitled to a portion of your salary forever. Lol. South Africans dont owe the rest of Africa a never ending debt for standing by them during apartheid. In solidarity the SA government has over allowed African emigration to levels that are now difficult to get a hold over. The citiizens have the right however to call government immigration policies into order without being violent. I think that is where a bunch of SA folks got it wrong. You can't burn peoples shops and target them for being foreigners. However they can hold placards and match the streets for regulation on immigration by the government. Propose meaningful ideas through their constituents. Thanks Yebomadiba for those impressive anti xenophobia pictures.

Foreigners are always part of the development of every country. Dubai and many Arab countries have more foreigners than locals. Not saying SA should allow more foreigners than its locals but foreigners will always be a part of the society. The government should look at repatriating those involved in a certain level of crime or without meaningful stay in SA. Only then will foreign crime drop. I know of Cameroonians who have been in SA for 20 years unable to send a box of quinine back home during a malaria attack. Lol I also understand there are lots of violent local crimes as well especially towards women. Much work really has to be done by the government.

I was talking to a Cameroonian friend in SA who had an SA friend by her side. When her SA friend stepped away I teasingly asked if she has a big bumbum. She said no. Jokingly I replied " South African girl without bumbum is that one South African". LOL. So yes most west Africans are fascinated with the big bumbum of most SA girls and thus I cant help but smile at all the fight taking place in SA over their girls. Even the lunatic Iceyjays has a South African babe. Minxie if you are not married abeg I deh available oh. grin I perfectly agree with Minxie over women being attracted to foreigners. In my country I hear girls say they cant marry to a man from their tribe. They prefer another tribe. Definitely foreigners bring a different erotic refreshment. In Cameroon most girls know Nigerian guys just want to play. When marriage time comes the run back to Naija and get a wife. For 220 dollars a Nigerian can get a Cameroonian residential permit valid 2 years, so no one marries for citizenship.

The rivalry between Nigerians and South Africa is a topic for another day.Lol. If only most subsahara African governments could better their own countries SA wouldn't have to deal with all that influx of African economic migrants. The US is building a wall, Italy is refusing migrant ships from docking its wharf, the fight against illegal immigration is real.Even in Cameroon foreigners get repatriated for not having papers. As we condemn South Africans we must also appreciate many of them have been tolerant and their land has been one of milk and honey for many Africans. As South Africans condemn crimes brought in by foreigners they must also look at bearing responsibility for crimes commited by locals. I read a disturbing story of an abaThembu King a nephew of Mandela chasing the son with an axe after leaving prison on parole. Stringent penalties should be instituted for violent and drug related crimes be it from foreigners or locals.

Shalom '

I love people like you!

Totally agree with what you've said and most South Africans agree to that but unfortunately these views never get out. People choose to fixate on a few xenophobic views from a minority of citizens.

Thank you for bringing your calmness to the thread.

Hahaha I'm too young to even think about marriage grin

May you appear on more threads that spin out of control to defuse the situation with your level-headed responses.

Love and peace wink

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by grandlexuz(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2020
Minxie:

I love people like you!

Totally agree with what you've said and most South Africans agree to that but unfortunately these views never get out. People choose to fixate on a few xenophobic views from a minority of citizens.

Thank you for bringing your calmness to the thread.

Hahaha I'm too young to even think about marriage grin . That said take your time to ger into marriage oh. The thing no easy.Lol. I am sure you will do just fine whenever the time comes.

May you appear on more threads that spin out of control to defuse the situation with your level-headed responses.

Love and peace wink

You certainly standout. After I typed my last epistle on this thread I decided to find out who is Minxie. Though there was no facial profile picture I was more than impressed with your writings..You handled a bad situation so well on another thread. So dear Minxie marriage isn't about age. You sound matured enough to handle any marital crisis. grin. That said, do take your time before getting into marriage oh. "The thing no easy". However with what I see in your posts, you will do just fine whenever the time comes. Don't forget to invite me oh. I have a troublesome sister that I want to give out in marriage. When Zuma starts looking for a seventh wife, please let me know. grin

If you ever need someone to talk to my number is +237 677.49.94.94 for whatsapp. I am totally open as a book so don't be scared. You can read my threads on nairaland. I have been around for about 16years on this forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breast Cancer Survivor Bares It All On Red Carpet: Media React (photo) / 18-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After His Father Refused To Marry For Him / 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.