Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 (51656 Views)

Zoleka, Nelson Mandela's Granddaughter Dying Of Cancer / Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic / Passenger Coughs, Dies At Checkpoint In Osun/oyo Boundary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
grandlexuz:
Funny how this thread on Zindzi's death digressed into a debate. With the exception of the lunatic Iceyjays the discussion has been civil and educative at best. Shout out to YeboMadiba, Minxie and Morpheus24 for keeping your decorum while airing your concerns.
I certainly have learned alot. There is no denying South Africans have been very tolerant enough. Cameroon belongs to same geopolitical association as Gabon and Guinea Equatoreal. Yet Cameroonian immigrants get it tough in these countries. I hear in Ghana, Nigerians and other foreigners aren't allowed to do certain low skilled job reserved for just nationals. The SA society is totally overwhelmed by foreigners who have brought in different vices. Several years ago during a Big Brother Africa contest I listened with solidarity to the legitimate complaints against foreigners by the SA representive (Barbie).

Most of us Africans have an entitlement mentality.Even in our families because an aunt gave you a plate of beans when you were young she feels entitled to a portion of your salary forever. Lol. South Africans dont owe the rest of Africa a never ending debt for standing by them during apartheid. In solidarity the SA government has over allowed African emigration to levels that are now difficult to get a hold over. The citiizens have the right however to call government immigration policies into order without being violent. I think that is where a bunch of SA folks got it wrong. You can't burn peoples shops and target them for being foreigners. However they can hold placards and match the streets for regulation on immigration by the government. Propose meaningful ideas through their constituents. Thanks Yebomadiba for those impressive anti xenophobia pictures.

Foreigners are always part of the development of every country. Dubai and many Arab countries have more foreigners than locals. Not saying SA should allow more foreigners than its locals but foreigners will always be a part of the society. The government should look at repatriating those involved in a certain level of crime or without meaningful stay in SA. Only then will foreign crime drop. I know of Cameroonians who have been in SA for 20 years unable to send a box of quinine back home during a malaria attack. Lol I also understand there are lots of violent local crimes as well especially towards women. Much work really has to be done by the government.

I was talking to a Cameroonian friend in SA who had an SA friend by her side. When her SA friend stepped away I teasingly asked if she has a big bumbum. She said no. Jokingly I replied " South African girl without bumbum is that one South African". LOL. So yes most west Africans are fascinated with the big bumbum of most SA girls and thus I cant help but smile at all the fight taking place in SA over their girls. Even the lunatic Iceyjays has a South African babe. Minxie if you are not married abeg I deh available oh. grin I perfectly agree with Minxie over women being attracted to foreigners. In my country I hear girls say they cant marry to a man from their tribe. They prefer another tribe. Definitely foreigners bring a different erotic refreshment. In Cameroon most girls know Nigerian guys just want to play. When marriage time comes the run back to Naija and get a wife. For 220 dollars a Nigerian can get a Cameroonian residential permit valid 2 years, so no one marries for citizenship.

The rivalry between Nigerians and South Africa is a topic for another day.Lol. If only most subsahara African governments could better their own countries SA wouldn't have to deal with all that influx of African economic migrants. The US is building a wall, Italy is refusing migrant ships from docking its wharf, the fight against illegal immigration is real.Even in Cameroon foreigners get repatriated for not having papers. As we condemn South Africans we must also appreciate many of them have been tolerant and their land has been one of milk and honey for many Africans. As South Africans condemn crimes brought in by foreigners they must also look at bearing responsibility for crimes commited by locals. I read a disturbing story of an abaThembu King a nephew of Mandela chasing the son with an axe after leaving prison on parole. Stringent penalties should be instituted for violent and drug related crimes be it from foreigners or locals.

Shalom '

Really nuanced piece, THANX man! You touched on all the hot button issues including our SA weaknesses without infuriating me - well done.grin

Indeed the failings of our own immigration policy and crime preventative measures are the reason for xenophobia in SA, and this is an ongoing debate in the country where others want borders totally shut, while others like the EFF believe Africans cannot be regarded as foreigners in Africa. Then there are those who settle for the middle ground - I think that's where most people fit including you and I.

Yes, SA people also commit crimes and this has never been denied. But undocumented immigrantion by its very nature compounds this problem especially when the reality of high unemployment rates sets in for those who were hoping for greener pastures in SA.

I lived in Hillbrow and the Joburg CBD for close to a decade during my studies and early career, so therefore engaged with many foreign nationals. One common point they made in relation to SA law enforcement is that it was too generous compared to their own police back home. They saw this as a weakness and said it emboldened other Africans to carry crimes in SA coz even our prisons are like hotels compared to what they experience back home. So the fear of imprisonment is reduced in SA because one is guaranteed 3 square meals, TV and a hot shower. Even police have to respect the rights of criminals when making arrests and bail is often guaranteed.

But anyway, thank you for your refreshing views on SA. A special thank u for recognising that foolish IceyJayz as a lunatic and for labelling him as such.grin
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Morphy the overly obsessed Jace fan shocked how do you find me in every thread I post in? this is becoming creepy grin

What am I supposed to be looking up and what should I do with that info?

Lol grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by YEBOmadiba: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by JaceBlaze: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
grandlexuz:

Even as a Cameroonian I know Mandela had Evelyn before Winnie. You sef na waoh grin

Good for you.Just because I was born in South Africa doesn't mean I know everything.I bet there are non Americans who have more knowledge about Malcom X than some Americans.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Morphy the overly obsessed Jace fan shocked how do you find me in every thread I post in? this is becoming creepy grin

*****Please****** You not that special eh. Don't let people think I chase you around all the time. I appear on Nairaland only when necessary and ot all the time.

JaceBlaze:

What am I supposed to be looking up and what should I do with that info?

Its new information for you. Do with it what you please, at least you have that information now.
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by morpheus24: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Good for you.Just because I was born in South Africa doesn't mean I know everything.I bet there are non Americans who have more knowledge about Malcom X than some Americans.

I thought you were an expert on everything SA an us "foreigners" were always blabbling about stuff you guys are already aware of.

Story for the gods!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Icyjayz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Really nuanced piece, THANX man! You touched on all the hot button issues including our SA weaknesses without infuriating me - well done.grin

Indeed the failings of our own immigration policy and crime preventative measures are the reason for xenophobia in SA, and this is an ongoing debate in the country where others want borders totally shut, while others like the EFF believe Africans cannot be regarded as foreigners in Africa. Then there are those who settle for the middle ground - I think that's where most people fit including you and I.

Yes, SA people also commit crimes and this has never been denied. But undocumented immigrantion by its very nature compounds this problem especially when the reality of high unemployment rates sets in for those who were hoping for greener pastures in SA.

I lived in Hillbrow and the Joburg CBD for close to a decade during my studies and early career, so therefore engaged with many foreign nationals. One common point they made in relation to SA law enforcement is that it was too generous compared to their own police back home. They saw this as a weakness and said it emboldened other Africans to carry crimes in SA coz even our prisons are like hotels compared to what they experience back home. So the fear of imprisonment is reduced in SA because one is guaranteed 3 square meals, TV and a hot shower. Even police have to respect the rights of criminals when making arrests and bail is often guaranteed.

But anyway, thank you for your refreshing views on SA. A special thank u for recognising that foolish IceyJayz as a lunatic and for labelling him as such.grin
grandlexuz:
Funny how this thread on Zindzi's death digressed into a debate. With the exception of the lunatic Iceyjays the discussion has been civil and educative at best. Shout out to YeboMadiba, Minxie and Morpheus24 for keeping your decorum while airing your concerns.
I certainly have learned alot. There is no denying South Africans have been very tolerant enough. Cameroon belongs to same geopolitical association as Gabon and Guinea Equatoreal. Yet Cameroonian immigrants get it tough in these countries. I hear in Ghana, Nigerians and other foreigners aren't allowed to do certain low skilled job reserved for just nationals. The SA society is totally overwhelmed by foreigners who have brought in different vices. Several years ago during a Big Brother Africa contest I listened with solidarity to the legitimate complaints against foreigners by the SA representive (Barbie).

Most of us Africans have an entitlement mentality.Even in our families because an aunt gave you a plate of beans when you were young she feels entitled to a portion of your salary forever. Lol. South Africans dont owe the rest of Africa a never ending debt for standing by them during apartheid. In solidarity the SA government has over allowed African emigration to levels that are now difficult to get a hold over. The citiizens have the right however to call government immigration policies into order without being violent. I think that is where a bunch of SA folks got it wrong. You can't burn peoples shops and target them for being foreigners. However they can hold placards and match the streets for regulation on immigration by the government. Propose meaningful ideas through their constituents. Thanks Yebomadiba for those impressive anti xenophobia pictures.

Foreigners are always part of the development of every country. Dubai and many Arab countries have more foreigners than locals. Not saying SA should allow more foreigners than its locals but foreigners will always be a part of the society. The government should look at repatriating those involved in a certain level of crime or without meaningful stay in SA. Only then will foreign crime drop. I know of Cameroonians who have been in SA for 20 years unable to send a box of quinine back home during a malaria attack. Lol I also understand there are lots of violent local crimes as well especially towards women. Much work really has to be done by the government.

I was talking to a Cameroonian friend in SA who had an SA friend by her side. When her SA friend stepped away I teasingly asked if she has a big bumbum. She said no. Jokingly I replied " South African girl without bumbum is that one South African". LOL. So yes most west Africans are fascinated with the big bumbum of most SA girls and thus I cant help but smile at all the fight taking place in SA over their girls. Even the lunatic Iceyjays has a South African babe. Minxie if you are not married abeg I deh available oh. grin I perfectly agree with Minxie over women being attracted to foreigners. In my country I hear girls say they cant marry to a man from their tribe. They prefer another tribe. Definitely foreigners bring a different erotic refreshment. In Cameroon most girls know Nigerian guys just want to play. When marriage time comes the run back to Naija and get a wife. For 220 dollars a Nigerian can get a Cameroonian residential permit valid 2 years, so no one marries for citizenship.

The rivalry between Nigerians and South Africa is a topic for another day.Lol. If only most subsahara African governments could better their own countries SA wouldn't have to deal with all that influx of African economic migrants. The US is building a wall, Italy is refusing migrant ships from docking its wharf, the fight against illegal immigration is real.Even in Cameroon foreigners get repatriated for not having papers. As we condemn South Africans we must also appreciate many of them have been tolerant and their land has been one of milk and honey for many Africans. As South Africans condemn crimes brought in by foreigners they must also look at bearing responsibility for crimes commited by locals. I read a disturbing story of an abaThembu King a nephew of Mandela chasing the son with an axe after leaving prison on parole. Stringent penalties should be instituted for violent and drug related crimes be it from foreigners or locals.

Shalom '
YEBOmadiba:

Two dickheads, you can keep licking your asses, the truth is fvcking bitter. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by Ayobami7(m): 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Rip
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by JaceBlaze: 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2020
morpheus24:

I thought you were an expert on everything SA an us "foreigners" were always blabbling about stuff you guys are already aware of.

Story for the gods!

Whatever..
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by unrighteous89: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

What is your problem??
mistaken identity
Re: COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 by unrighteous89: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Emmaomotob:
When did nairaland turn to this? What is seun and his boys doing about this crazed lune called Unrighteous89, who is hellbent on derailing every meaningful thread?
bia what did I do you mr?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breast Cancer Survivor Bares It All On Red Carpet: Media React (photo) / 18-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After His Father Refused To Marry For Him / 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.