Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. (43751 Views)

As A Nigerian, Aside Money Name One Thing You Shouldn't Run Out Of / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by ofiko123(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice write up..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Maj196:
Who be your uncle angry
You
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by JBoss25(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
damoceile:
Oga keep all this silly DON'TS to yourself jare, imagine don't STARE in public? Where else should I stare? In the corner of my room??
if you stare at me while im on the streets I go cover to slap o grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
ofiko123:
Nice write up..

Thank you.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Maj196(m): 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

You
Con beat me iffa mess or piss for public aunty undecided
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
All Rice, Moral Instructions.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by okenwaa(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Nigerians..

You won't understand,until e hold you for public

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Mayeldah(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
OP, Hot piss don hold you for road before? that one self small

Op, that kain running stomach shit don hold you for road before? you go speak in tounges unknowingly grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by tbtosine(m): 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
Simplehuman:
You can as well add "don't breath" while in the public.

Nice write up though.

if you have to breath in public place. Breath with care at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by tbtosine(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
Op. Na that agbado (smoked corn) wey you put as example for eating in public place me and u go get prob. If the corn are smoked in public places and bought in public so what denied someone from eating it in public. Make the corn get cold before u get home ? The way i take like corn self no fit allow me dey wait for corn smoker to put ham for inside papper before i start dey chop it talkless of moving to a private place. Go sit down jor.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
tbtosine:
Op. Na that agbado (smoked corn) wey you put as example for eating in public place me and u go get prob. If the corn are smoked in public places and bought in public so what denied someone from eating it in public. Make the corn get cold before u get home ? The way i take like corn self no fit allow me dey wait for corn smoker to put ham for inside papper before i start dey chop it talkless of moving to a private place. Go sit down jor.

I swear! I can't imagine eating it cold.. I need a ride soon o. So I can't eat my corn in peace. I take take it cold.. will just avoid if sha. I'm building my brand jawe.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Chris2863(m): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bla Bla Bla
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by 77up(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Well , as tha Lord have it, I did not guilty of any except stare and I don't know when that become a crime anyways.

You try sa sad .
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by tex73: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Picking the teeth in public!

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by grtcj: 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
What if I'm traveling and there is no toilet, so I shouldn't go into the bush?

Nice one though.

You might be right but the neeful is for you to empty your system and embark on the journey fresh and even try to avoid eating something that would make you deficate while travelling, my thought though and works for me too.

Nice right up.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by ThatFairGuy: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
I don't do almost everything on the list as a shy man but spit, I MUST SPIT. I don't think that's bad.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by sylve11: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
ashewoboy:
do not fvck In public like those female lout whose video went viral.

Really happened? shocked cool
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by uuzba(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Keep ya mess in your stomach
Weldone O. Your own Oyibo pass Oyibo themselves.
Una think say dem no dey mess for their side?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by uuzba(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
grtcj:
What if I'm traveling and there is no toilet, so I shouldn't go into the bush?

Nice one though.

You might be right but the neeful is for you to empty your system and embark on the journey fresh and even try to avoid eating something that would make you deficate while travelling, my thought though and works for me too.

Nice right up.
Nothing is cast in stone.
These advices are to be applied within reason.
If the condition or situation does not permit, you can always hide and do your thing.

Developed countries have toilet inside the travelling bus or train. But the city bus does not have. Then all train stations have toilet. Bus terminals also have. Supermarkets have. And then Church, library, town hall ... so a pedestrian can always see where to ease themselves.

The worst case, people will go to McDonald's and not buy anything. They just go and use the toilet and run away
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by earnit3: 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Your idea not mama sikira idea in the market they are Loud
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by makeherscream(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
damoceile:
Oga keep all this silly DON'TS to yourself jare, imagine don't STARE in public? Where else should I stare? In the corner of my room??
nor mind the op grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Reagan13(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:
I am certain that almost all of "us" reading this post will be guilty of one or two on this list("us"- I am included too), if you are not guilty lemme know in the comment section.

TALK LOUDLY ON THE PHONE
This is so common in Nigeria, everyone is shouting in the vehicle about their business and family issues or something much more private, that public ears should have no share in it. If you are to receive a call in a loud place that would need you to shout, please stall till you get to a private place or ask to converse via texting.

GROOM YOURSELF
Now I'm guilty in this, most of us tend to want to adjust something in public and it is seen as normal but it's actually embarrassing and shows we are not cultured. I was out recently and I had to apply a little bit of make up on my face before I alighted from the vehicle, it should be done in a bathroom or a private place. Some of us pick our nose in public, adjust our underwears in public(women!!!), I have seen someone cut his fingernails in a restaurant, are you serious? Stop brushing your teeth in the middle of the road please. Thank you.

EAT
Guilt as charged, sometimes I will dump culture one side and eat in public, it's a weakness I'm working on, have you seen fresh corn on fire before, I will just weak. It's a work in progress but it's not cultured to eat in public, you should eat while sitting in private or in a restaurant and don't open your mouth while chewing please. Don't eat in public again. I'm changing!

COUGH UP PHLEGM LOUDLY
I am rolling my eye now, you shouldn't do that, it's gross and makes others uncomfortable. Don't you know the sound makes the listener imagine your phlegm in their mouth too. Eww.

DISPOSING WASTE IMPROPERLY
Stop disposing waste improperly, done with your gala? Keep it in your purse or pocket or wallet, don't drop it on the floor or throw it over the window, who trained you? ( Easy for me to say because I have change that about myself.)

Change diapers.
I won't say more than, DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Fight on the street
Biko, be more cultured and control your anger. Don't even argue in public, you and your girl are having issues we don't want to know, argue at home. Don't fight a girl for taking your bf in public, you are embarrassing yourselves, if someine slaps you walk away, respect your self.

Changing your cloths or going naked.
I see this new trend of exposing your butt in a supermarket or some other place and recording it, this is bad. Social media is the new public DON'T GO NAKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA, you are not cultured and you lack manners abeg. Don't change your cloths in public, you are not a baby that it will be cute to see your bum, it's not cute it's erotic and things like that are done In private. I'm done.

Sing.
I used to think I had a wonderful voice so I sing while using my earpiece, that just wrong, I know it's sweet to do but please stop singing in public only if you are on stage.

Talk to yourself
This is weird, internalize your thoughts, that's how human beings do.

Don't pee in public.
GUYS!!! Have self control, get to a bathroom before you pee. Don't just go looking for one corner and expect people to pass casually. It's not proper to urinate in public ladies and gentlemen.

Pass gas.
Fart geng, it is impolite to pass gas in public, it's not a competition we are not interested In smelling your colon. Excuse yourself and pass gas properly, if it happens by mistake, apologise and stop expecting people to suspect the least dressed.

Stare
It is very rude to stare at people in public, only if your babe is coming and looking very attractive and you want her to feel it as she is coming towards you, if she is not your babe don't stare especially on a first date. Learn not to stare, even if you are a mother and want your child to know they there is problem when you get home.

Spitting.
Only if you have been casted as a native doctor in a Nollywood movie, stop spitting in public it's a dirty attitude.

I know you are guilty of one or ten. Let me know which of "THEM"
fighting in public is a no no no and no, the solution to it is to deliver a quick Glasgow kiss to anyone formenting a fight with his hissy fit, then end it all in less than one minute and walk away, but don't walk away when slapped I repeat don't walk away when slapped, thanks
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by chival(f): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
I changed my baby's diaper on an airplane once after she did number 2. The other passengers didn't find it funny, but it couldn't wait. grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Reagan13:
fighting in public is a no no no and no, the solution to it is to deliver a quick Glasgow kiss to anyone formenting a fight with his hissy fit, then end it all in less than one minute and walk away, but don't walk away when slapped I repeat don't walk away when slapped, thanks

Lol ok sir
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
chival:
I changed my baby's diaper on an airplane once after she did number 2. The other passengers didn't find it funny, but it couldn't wait. grin

Awww. What about the toilet of the plane?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by placeofallure(f): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
My mum raised me well. Her rules:
I dare not fight or engage in any rough play.
When you eat, your mouth must not make noise. She'd slap the food out of your mouth.
When you walk with her on the streets, your feet must not drag on the floor.
No littering. She can break your back with her 'abara' for this. I put whatever waste in my bag pending.
For heaven's sake, which lady opens her panties and wee-wee in public. I'm sensitive. I don't even pee in public toilets. I let loose in my own toilet, I read there, I can spend long minutes. It's my comfort place.
I'm a reserved person so I can't even talk loudly on the phone or sing in public. I no be Tiwa Savage.
It's not polite to stare or point at people. You make them feel uncomfortable.

These aren't any special feats, it's just showing a little decorum.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by usibengate(m): 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
cool
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by morris477(m): 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
To farts in public pays nowadays so you better Gary (mess)

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
placeofallure:
My mum raised me well. Her rules:
I dare not fight or engage in any rough play.
When you eat, your mouth must not make noise. She'd slap the food out of your mouth.
When you walk with her on the streets, your feet must not drag on the floor.
No littering. She can break your back with her 'abara' for this. I put whatever waste in my bag pending.
For heaven's sake, which lady opens her panties and wee-wee in public. I'm sensitive. I don't even pee in public toilets. I let loose in my own toilet, I read there, I can spend long minutes. It's my comfort place.
I'm a reserved person so I can't even talk loudly on the phone or sing in public. I no be Tiwa Savage.
It's not polite to stare or point at people. You make them feel uncomfortable.

These aren't any special feats, it's just showing a little decorum.

Awww, I like the toilet thing, I write in the toilet.. grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
Igbo amaka ppl are 120% guilty of numba 1!

those moaferz can yell 4 biafraaud whenever on fone.

loud muddafuckerz!

angry
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by chival(f): 12:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Awww. What about the toilet of the plane?
It's neither a hygienic nor safe place to take a baby into.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by oshorstan(m): 5:42am On Jul 17, 2020
We too form for Nigeria. All this one na grammar. Abeg if you can do without this , holla.

nobody decent for 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... / Man Gives Hamper To Female Traffic Warden In Lagos (Photo) / Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.