Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. (43406 Views)

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / Lady Struggling To Use Water Dispenser In Public / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by damoceile: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2020
JBoss25:
if you stare at me while im on the streets I go cover to slap o grin

People no go ask u wetin u take see me? Omo dem go settle fight tire undecided
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by JBoss25(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2020
Sebbs:
HW won't u stare in public abeg
if you state at me in public i go punch u so hard ur brain will reset
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Lafrresh: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2020
Some people will be shouting on the phone as if they're talking to someone a kilometre away cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by LawyerGodwin(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Blackpearlous:
I am certain that almost all of "us" reading this post will be guilty of one or two on this list("us"- I am included too), if you are not guilty lemme know in the comment section.

TALK LOUDLY ON THE PHONE
This is so common in Nigeria, everyone is shouting in the vehicle about their business and family issues or something much more private, that public ears should have no share in it. If you are to receive a call in a loud place that would need you to shout, please stall till you get to a private place or ask to converse via texting.

GROOM YOURSELF
Now I'm guilty in this, most of us tend to want to adjust something in public and it is seen as normal but it's actually embarrassing and shows we are not cultured. I was out recently and I had to apply a little bit of make up on my face before I alighted from the vehicle, it should be done in a bathroom or a private place. Some of us pick our nose in public, adjust our underwears in public(women!!!), I have seen someone cut his fingernails in a restaurant, are you serious? Stop brushing your teeth in the middle of the road please. Thank you.

EAT
Guilt as charged, sometimes I will dump culture one side and eat in public, it's a weakness I'm working on, have you seen fresh corn on fire before, I will just weak. It's a work in progress but it's not cultured to eat in public, you should eat while sitting in private or in a restaurant and don't open your mouth while chewing please. Don't eat in public again. I'm changing!

COUGH UP PHLEGM LOUDLY
I am rolling my eye now, you shouldn't do that, it's gross and makes others uncomfortable. Don't you know the sound makes the listener imagine your phlegm in their mouth too. Eww.

DISPOSING WASTE IMPROPERLY
Stop disposing waste improperly, done with your gala? Keep it in your purse or pocket or wallet, don't drop it on the floor or throw it over the window, who trained you? ( Easy for me to say because I have change that about myself.)

Change diapers.
I won't say more than, DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Fight on the street
Biko, be more cultured and control your anger. Don't even argue in public, you and your girl are having issues we don't want to know, argue at home. Don't fight a girl for taking your bf in public, you are embarrassing yourselves, if someine slaps you walk away, respect your self.

Changing your cloths or going naked.
I see this new trend of exposing your butt in a supermarket or some other place and recording it, this is bad. Social media is the new public DON'T GO NAKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA, you are not cultured and you lack manners abeg. Don't change your cloths in public, you are not a baby that it will be cute to see your bum, it's not cute it's erotic and things like that are done In private. I'm done.

Sing.
I used to think I had a wonderful voice so I sing while using my earpiece, that just wrong, I know it's sweet to do but please stop singing in public only if you are on stage.

Talk to yourself
This is weird, internalize your thoughts, that's how human beings do.

Don't pee in public.
GUYS!!! Have self control, get to a bathroom before you pee. Don't just go looking for one corner and expect people to pass casually. It's not proper to urinate in public ladies and gentlemen.

Pass gas.
Fart geng, it is impolite to pass gas in public, it's not a competition we are not interested In smelling your colon. Excuse yourself and pass gas properly, if it happens by mistake, apologise and stop expecting people to suspect the least dressed.

Stare
It is very rude to stare at people in public, only if your babe is coming and looking very attractive and you want her to feel it as she is coming towards you, if she is not your babe don't stare especially on a first date. Learn not to stare, even if you are a mother and want your child to know they there is problem when you get home.

Spitting.
Only if you have been casted as a native doctor in a Nollywood movie, stop spitting in public it's a dirty attitude.

I know you are guilty of one or ten. Let me know which of "THEM"

On Grooming, Many have the habit when they pass a mirror, or a car that can show their reflection. They hang on and do grooming, Smh!

Thanks for the write up!

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Tboyfrosh123(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
mtcheeeeeeeew ��

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
mtcheeeeeeeew ��

Mtcheew.. uncultured you.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Janeberryy: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Yes don't go.

Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Kills Mechanic At Obalende Bridge (graphic Pic) / Lady Shows Off Her Luxurious Lifestyle To Prove It Doesn't Equate Happiness / Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.