Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers (51349 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest / How Private School Teachers Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Lotorino: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
uromii:
Every honest proprietor is supposed to have paid it staff their February, March and April salary in full plus even necessary bonus because they collect their fees per term and this money is paid in whole and they normally demand this money (fee drive) from second week of resumption and their dead line for payments is always that first month of resumption and the lockdown started towords ending of March , almost all school's does this.

In other words %96 percent of schools in Nigeria have already collected their pupils school fees before the covid-19 lock down.

To show How wicked black man can be most of the proprietors/proprietress have dubiously refused to give their staff their complete payment for April, May. Most school owners are not always honest to their workers because no regulatory bodies beams their watch light on them.

So if you are a teacher you teach in a private school and you did not receive your April and may salary from your director , just know you have been cheated.
Its funny when people like you sit in d comfort of your room and start to judge. Stupid write up like Dis only create unnecessary, unrealistic judgment. How many parents do you think had finished their ward school fees payment before the lockdown started? School business is a long time investment. A school hardly breaks even on investment in less than 10-15 years. Now the so called school owners and their teachers have been at home since march with no other source of income coming in. The schools run on termly basis, march ending and early April would have been the end of a term. By may a new term would have started, which would have been the time a school can raise money to run it's self for the next three months. If you don't understand it, just be silent. Don't be carried away by the big structures of some schools. A lot of schools run on loans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by slex(m): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Its not easy to pay what you don't receive. Put yourself in the school owners shoes. So if theysay school resumes next year , they should be paying from April till next year April or what ?

Even school owners are now finding alternatives for income .

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by CalebLebsco56(m): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
HornyTave:

If you're really serious to change things, I've an agricultural internship for you.

Send your contact mail to ben.corel01@gmail.com
Ok i will do that...my number its on my signature
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Darevofpeace(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=graciamore post=91804886] life.no balance at all.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by yusman14(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gloriagee:
Are you saying you are paid 8k for 30 days? Tell me it's a typo

It is even better...
I do earn #6k monthly as a primary school teacher..that was around 2017...I am now an undergraduate though...I accepted the job just to be busy before admission then..
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by yusman14(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
one4GOD:
8k or your mean 80k? abeg i just wan get clear.
Very possible...
I was earning #6k as a primary school teacher in 2017....things are not easy...
infact,I am in need of any job...check my signature sir/ma ...or contact me even if it is a private tutor I am available..
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by God1stson(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
graciamore:
she did not even pay us march salary fa, just the 4k she paid us and dismiss us.. I swear it will not be well with that woman..
My brother teaching in a private school is like wasting ur life. I tot in 3 private schools in PH and swore to be on my own even if I make N100 everyday. They will use u yet nothing 2 show. This made me have phobia for anything teaching in private school. If no be federal or state please forget it

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Gloriagee(f): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
Na real wa
yusman14:
It is even better...
I do earn #6k monthly as a primary school teacher..that was around 2017...I am now an undergraduate though...I accepted the job just to be busy before admission then..

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by placeofallure(f): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
DesChyko:

I'm a private school teacher. And I think your analysis above is flawed. This certainly doesn't work for most private schools in Nigeria. At least, not for where I work. Since most private schools are patronized by families that live on somewhere below the middle class income range, I think I have a pretty good idea how they make their payments.

Some parents pay early on. Some pay after the first fee drive. Some pay in parts when they get salaries. Some pay whenever those sponsoring the child's education send the money. Some wait until exam time to pay. And some will still not pay that term. And the school will still consider some pleas too. So 96% is a really unrealistic number. I'ld go with 50% at most.

What you should insist on instead is the school management seeking other possible ways to ensure their staff get paid.

I am fully entrenched, fully immersed in the system. I can categorically tell you that you don't know what you are saying. What do you mean 50%? What private school thrives on 50% payment? If at the very least, if the school is a good Samaritan school, maybe 80%. And that in itself is alone to pay staff salary without any delays. Like the title of this thread suggests, school owners, a good number of them are slave drivers.
Look at the hapless soul here that is being paid 8k every month, is that not wickedness? God will judge every one of them.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Thazard(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
CsRockefeller:
I have said it before, 80% of business owners in Nigeria don't know jack about running a biz.

Just figure heads.

For schools, I don't know why it's so difficult running such a biz. I was close to my proprietor during my NYSC so I know running a school isn't as difficult as many school owners make it seem.

First thing for Pete's sake is to incorporate the biz. Please, separate running d school from d ownership.

Secondly, get a good Finance Officer (not just an Accountant). Add an Admin Officer, followed by a Principal or Head Master. Spell out duties and functions clearly.

Recruit teachers, and other staff.

If your biz doesn't progress per time then call me a fool.

But ignorance, greed, selfishness will never allow such owners do the right thing.

Running biz in Nigeria is tough, but like our government officials, most biz owners know jack.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by TLD20: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Makavelli25:
Ogun state, ilaro
. Thought as much
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by DesChyko: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
placeofallure:

I am fully entrenched, fully immersed in the system. I can categorically tell you that you don't know what you are saying.

Alright then. Since we both agree the 96% I faulted is overblown, there is no axe to grind.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Giftymane(f): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
If you challenge the school management the other staff that you both planned it will keep quiet and might even turn their back on you
God bless you sisterly ..I left the 5k for her even my fellow teachers didn’t say anything when we went together
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
It's not easy. May the Lord bless us private school teachers and wipe out pains
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by horlakay(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
I was paid last on February, they took it all, they did not even complete the jamb money they owed me......God saw me through those difficult times in hunger and pains.....I am moving on to better things. Very wicked set of people
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
Clothingonline9:

You are one of the heartless school owner in Nigeria so giving your staff who sweat to make your Business grow 5k is much after paying her less than 25 percent of revenue from a class.its in difficult time you know sane humans that’s why most private schools in Nigeria don’t last the test of time.only one man want to eat 50 percent profit
Lol! Typical.
So, because I don’t agree with him, that makes me a heartless school owner. What a weak way to argue out your points.
See, just know that these private schools are people’s businesses. Mind you, I never supported those that owe their workers after working for them because that one is bad. Also, I don’t support us teachers working in private schools, expecting salaries when we know that money has not been made within the time frame.
Let me ask you o! So, when you discover that some of your students have not paid their school fees, what will you do as a teacher? Send them home? Did the parents sign any contract with you or the proprietor?
If the proprietor did not delegate that function to you, why should you care?
Your own is to teach and not to be asking for school fees. It’s not your business!

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by alezzy13: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
shocked shocked

Wow! The revelations I dey see here. . .!

Its really not easy for private school teachers

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Donicobone(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
flyingpig:
can I have some word with you concerning your blog?
i

I can teach u how to import products to Nigeria and I can teach you how to make money online, like selling ebooks and other products on Jvzoo
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by horlakay(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
fujirice:

Lol! Typical.
So, because I don’t agree with him, that makes me a heartless school owner. What a weak way to argue out your points.
See, just know that these private schools are people’s businesses. Mind you, I never supported those that owe their workers after working for them because that one is bad. Also, I don’t support us teachers working in private schools, expecting salaries when we know that money has not been made within the time frame.
Let me ask you o! So, when you discover that some of your students have not paid their school fees, what will you do as a teacher? Send them home? Did the parents sign any contract with you or the proprietor?
If the proprietor did not delegate that function to you, why should you care?
Your own is to teach and not to be asking for school fees. It’s not your business!
This is the first time I will ever use this word on anyone on this platform
Guy shut up!
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by alezzy13: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Wolexyrey:
I'm a private school teacher and I have been collecting my salary since the pandemic began. Although, I'm working from home

Really? Which school is that?
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by bjtinz: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
I think issue is the generalizations people are just throwing about Fact is, there are private schools and there are PRIVATE SCHOOL.

The likes of Corona, Loyola Jesuit, Igbinedion educational centre, etc will almost certainly have paid their teachers in full. The reason is clear. Payment Policies are strict (nothing like 'I beg, I'll pay later') and thier patrons usually will be upper class members who would have no problem settling the children's fees.

But when you get the lower cadres of private schools, mainly populated by wards of low to mid-income earners, the picture changes. Here you'll likely see defaulters.

Pls I'm not trying to justify any school owing it's teachers their rightful salary, just wanted to highlight the fact that it might not necessarily be as straightforward as OP claims. Yes there are greedy proprietor who deliberately owe salaries, but not in all cases.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by flyingpig: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Donicobone:
i

I can teach u how to import products to Nigeria and I can teach you how to make money online, like selling ebooks and other products on Jvzoo
I don't have money
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
horlakay:

This is the first time I will ever use this word on anyone on this platform
Guy shut up!
Lol!
Typical.
When they don’t have anything in their arsenal to argue with they resort to insults.
Ogbeni channel your frustrations to the government and leave school owners alone.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by victorian(f): 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
eni4real:
What is New month greeting?

Lol you sef.

In Nigeria, most people feel if they don't greet u, one will die of no greeting messages either offline greeting or face to face greeting.

So as he stopped sending new month greeting, the proprietor / proprietress must be suffering terribly or about to die cos he or she didn't receive his greetings.

Sighs.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Beedude(m): 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
Vanpascore:

Sir/ma, I can say the inability to collect up to 90% fees by the school/proprietors in your locality shows the incompetent level of the school managers. Besides, you have said something about "family" in your opinion. With that alone, money may not enter as expected, but i tell you, these people lie alot, school business is a big cash in stuff.
Another thing is that the money used for salaries by these proprietors is very small compare to what they collect from their customers.
Ur case is just like APC claiming to have solutions to Nigeria problem only to find out its not an easy feat.
Since u are sure school owners are wealthy and are millionaires kind establish urs. And don't forget to come share ur experience.
NEVER BE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE OTHERS WHEN U AREN'T IN THEIR SHOES.
NA WHO WEAR SHOE KNOW WHERE HE DEY PAIN AM.
God will judge everyone accordingly.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by olamiide327(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
fujirice:

I’m sorry sir but I don’t believe you.
Unless the staff in this question is you and your household.
It is clearly stated in their letter of appointment that payment is due for every month in the year. So instead of deviating from that ageeement, I only adjusted it. I wish I can show you the payment vouchers.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Mrpojj(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
uromii:
Every honest proprietor is supposed to have paid it staff their February, March and April salary in full plus even necessary bonus because they collect their fees per term and this money is paid in whole and they normally demand this money (fee drive) from second week of resumption and their dead line for payments is always that first month of resumption and the lockdown started towords ending of March , almost all school's does this.

In other words %96 percent of schools in Nigeria have already collected their pupils school fees before the covid-19 lock down.

To show How wicked black man can be most of the proprietors/proprietress have dubiously refused to give their staff their complete payment for April, May. Most school owners are not always honest to their workers because no regulatory bodies beams their watch light on them.

So if you are a teacher you teach in a private school and you did not receive your April and may salary from your director , just know you have been cheated.

96%?
Are you for real, who told you that parents have paid school fees to that level
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Beedude(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
CalebLebsco56:
thats true i have worked for 2years and calculated class of 55 can pay more than 3teachers...we are paid 15k and i have calculated this proprietress make dubios money, because they in charge of everything even with school uniforms, its only chalk they buy and other few things....but always complain, the fact remains before a student write Test or Exams he/she must pay school fees..theres no excuse to say students have not paid....they just make us do the work they chop our sweat
Monkey dey work baboon dey Chop!!
Teachers will definately help the school calculate the money coming in but won't calculate the overhead cost of running the business daily, weekly and monthly, u won't calculate the rent or loan a school is repaying. Or u think the school building, playgrounds, school bus etc were purchased with school fees ?
7 Out of 10 schools are on loan with one or more financial institutions
Kindly start ur school business. No one is holding u back.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by chatinent: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
EngineerBode:

And you will be talking rudely to someone that can help your life. Maybe the poverty damaged your ability to respect others
Maybe. Maybe not.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by abimic(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Been a proprietor is not easy, only when one is in their shoes, then we can keep judging like one on the outside, I know of some schools who pay high and don't pay promptly, then imagine what this pandemic would caused their staffs. Those teaching in intl schools or the so called big schools would have found a way to get going during this closure, but for most in regular schools, the Lord is their strength, i really feel their plight! It's not easy. I just hope they've made plans to have two to three incomes like some of us in the office.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Athemisia: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
If you challenge the school management the other staff that you both planned it will keep quiet and might even turn their back on you
The best is to leave... Teaching is a noble profession but here in Nigeria, it is treated like sh*t..

Is better to do Yahoo than to be a teacher in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Sureman707: 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
True... Even February salary Na half we collect�..
Nothing for march.
Let alone April or may...
����������������������������������

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Destroys School Properties. Teacher Reacts Calmly (Video) / See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. / Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.