Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,776 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers (51355 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest / How Private School Teachers Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Athemisia: 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
abimic:

I just hope they've made plans to have two to three incomes like some of us in the office.

extra income??....
working 7am—4pm...
being paid 20k....
house rent, clothing, feeding, bills etc..
It's not worth it at all...
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by yusman14(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gloriagee:
Na real wa
Abi na...I gat no choice
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Bigcoin(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
I was paid all months and even July also. I think it depends on the level of private school
uromii:
Every honest proprietor is supposed to have paid it staff their February, March and April salary in full plus even necessary bonus because they collect their fees per term and this money is paid in whole and they normally demand this money (fee drive) from second week of resumption and their dead line for payments is always that first month of resumption and the lockdown started towords ending of March , almost all school's does this.

In other words %96 percent of schools in Nigeria have already collected their pupils school fees before the covid-19 lock down.

To show How wicked black man can be most of the proprietors/proprietress have dubiously refused to give their staff their complete payment for April, May. Most school owners are not always honest to their workers because no regulatory bodies beams their watch light on them.

So if you are a teacher you teach in a private school and you did not receive your April and may salary from your director , just know you have been cheated.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by osomegbe(m): 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
uromii:

I still stand with my 96 with facts.

Unless you are a private school owner or you just want to justify this wicked fraud against noble teachers.
1, I understand most schools collect their fees on installments. I can categorically tell you that for Nigerian private schools concerns, the population per weekly attendance once after mid term break ; a largely significant number of students/pupils has paid and cleared their tuition fee.
2. Nigeria private schools owners can never allow a child to sit for terminal exams without clearing it's debts , you Will surely never find that child in the exam hall. Realistically %96 pupils you see in the exam halls had cleared.
3. There are some cases where some parents that has been trying or faithful maybe had some downtime evidently made known to the school management would have been allowed their kids to continue , they are the ones that fall into the other part of the %96.

This is exactly what most of this private school owners will always schemishly tell their teachers. But if make your indept findings as a teacher you will discover a significant number of students had cleared. Now you ask why then are they still owing , some wicked ones will delay it for days/weeks after your salary due date. Why because some of them want be big business, real estate owners and travel abroad by all means .

How easy for you to make analysis and assumptions and try to be at the receiving end. It is either you're ignorant of happenings or you're a novice in private school running procedure. Parents that are here will tell that most of them don't pay on time especially after xmas break. Many students are still owing 1st term school fees. You talk as if you're not in our Nigeria economy. The fact you see all pupils writing exams is not a yard stick they have all paid. Many call proprietors to plead for their wards with promises of paying before the term closes. I felt sick reading your post because reacting to it will make me get sick the more. As if you collected the money from the parents yourself and deposited in the account of the school.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by chatinent: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
EngineerBode:

And you will be talking rudely to someone that can help your life. Maybe the poverty damaged your ability to respect others
Because I'm poor I have no right to defend myself? Because I'm poor I should swallow everything people say to me? Of course I snub many comments and many insults (even yours so far) but one thing is certain: because I'm poor is not enough reason to have a low esteem. You started off with insults. You were the one name calling. You were still the one who didn't understand my post. You were still the interloper. It's fine to be poor if it meant self respect. Well, if my post hurt you this bad, apologies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by adetayoonas(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
It is not easy for school owners too during this covid 19 lockdown. A lot of parents were owing school fees before the end of that second term.

School owners are like charity business. The man who commented o that was right. It is a long term investment and one of the highest employer of labour.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by placeofallure(f): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
DesChyko:

Alright then. Since we both agree the 96% I faulted is overblown, there is no axe to grind.

No probs.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
olamiide327:

It is clearly stated in their letter of appointment that payment is due for every month in the year. So instead of deviating from that ageeement, I only adjusted it. I wish I can show you the payment vouchers.
O well! It is only you that knows how you are making the money that you are paying them for these 3 months.
If it’s true, keep it up.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by abimic(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
Athemisia:

extra income??....
working 7am—4pm...
being paid 20k....
house rent, clothing, feeding, bills etc..
It's not worth it at all...
20k? That's very paltry... That stress isn't worth that salary, some get paid higher anyway, just connect and link well, I remember when I was in that line, I use to do one home tutorial that time that fetches me that 20k, and one could do up to three, I even get tips from the parents, and those parents could even help one grow in life. And now with current pandemic, with high cost of living, home tutorials shouldn't go for less than 40k.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by placeofallure(f): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lotorino:

Its funny when people like you sit in d comfort of your room and start to judge. Stupid write up like Dis only create unnecessary, unrealistic judgment. How many parents do you think had finished their ward school fees payment before the lockdown started? School business is a long time investment. A school hardly breaks even on investment in less than 10-15 years. Now the so called school owners and their teachers have been at home since march with no other source of income coming in. The schools run on termly basis, march ending and early April would have been the end of a term. By may a new term would have started, which would have been the time a school can raise money to run it's self for the next three months. If you don't understand it, just be silent. Don't be carried away by the big structures of some schools. A lot of schools run on loans.

No please!
By March ending when government ruled that all schools should be closed, some schools had finished exams, some were in the middle of exams, some were about to start. Many schools would have gotten 80-85% of fees owed them. Like the OP opined, the school owners shouldn't have trouble paying full staff salary up till April. How do you explain salaries owed from February, from January? Haha! Fear God na!

More than that, it's not so difficult as you make it seem. There are a thousand and one ways that schools devise to over shoot their charges to maximize profit. You pay PTA levies every term, you pay for sports wear, something that's not worth more than #1000, you pay #3500 for it. The same thing for uniform, for cardigan. You pay for computer lab, na everyday computer dey spoil? You pay for graduation party, you pay for inter-house sports, you pay for Cultural Day, they charge you for Excursion, you pay for afternoon lesson, you pay for school bus, you pay for Clubs and Societies, you pay for sick bay. Nothing is free in Moscow. Then, you pay tuition, that's the mother of all you think. But it's a lie. The real profit is in all those other things mentioned earlier cos you're overcharged for them. Where does the surplus go? To general maintenance you're quick to say but you and I know that's a big lie! It goes into funding the fake lifestyle of the owner(s)

How do you explain this? - A school that charges 120k per child has about 22 classes with about 22 teachers plus a few other support staff and a population of 400 children, yet can't pay a teacher at least the fee of a child. Mathematicians, please calculate the ratio of pupils to teachers. Could they have used the rest of the money on general maintenance? Some of us are more corrupt than the collabo of APC and PDP!

If you will wait till 10 to 15 years before you start making profit, then you can as well put family members in the classrooms, they wouldn't mind to receive paltry sums till profit.

It is these same schools you will spend the entire meaningful part of your life, labour for 15 years, and when you are retiring, they will present you a TV or refrigerator. Awon eni ibi ti n pon mo re baluwe!

2 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Preetylin(f): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
You can say that again, but our sch shall try, we wr payed March and April in full. Since then have not received a dime because am a part time staff, but the main staffs still receives 30percent of their salary because they still do the online classes.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by afecgivers: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Op you called them dubious because you don't own a school and I'm sure you don:t operate any business in Nigeria. If its the British standard international Schools...they are still paying till date. As for the third class private schools...you might pity some proprietors because of the poverty of parent not paying school fees.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ukorjoe(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
It's wrong to even assume that 50% of the school has paid their fees before March. Things are tough for these private school owners. Some are burdened with the fact that their only source of income for years could be on the brim of collapse.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ocelot2006(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
Vanpascore:

Sir/ma, I can say the inability to collect up to 90% fees by the school/proprietors in your locality shows the incompetent level of the school managers. Besides, you have said something about "family" in your opinion. With that alone, money may not enter as expected, but i tell you, these people lie alot, school business is a big cash in stuff.
Another thing is that the money used for salaries by these proprietors is very small compare to what they collect from their customers.

What a load of horse c#@p. Bros, you don't have a clue what it takes to run a private school and what private school owners go through. Mehn I laugh in Chinese...

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ocelot2006(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
You know what, let's assume that most private schools have successfully received 80% of the school fees owed for the term by parents. Suddenly the lock down occurs in March, 2020. From April till date, not a single cent/kobo comes in as revenue, yet the schools have to pay for the following:
1) salary payments for the month of March, 2020
(2)Payments to vendors/contractors/suppliers
(3)TAXES
(4)loan repayment
(5)Payment of rent/lease (**not all cases)
(6)Maintenance costs (buildings, vehicles, power, water supply, etc)
(5) ICT cost
(6) Vehicle fueling cost
(7) COST OF POWER (NEPA, diesel, etc)

With all these, and absolutely no help from Federal or State govts, how do you expect these schools to still pay wages from April till date? Please do tell.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by CsRockefeller(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
ocelot2006:

Bros, you don't have a bloody clue about the difficulty faced in running a school. Non AT ALL.

In the life cycle of our biz there are 3 stages in its growth cycle.

My analysis was for the second stage. Many start their schools at this stage.

It's quite different at d first stage.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Beedude(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Online forum is the only place u see someone who can't run a successful grocery or kiosk business for 6 months giving opinions on a business he/she has little or no knowledge about.
A private school with 400 students won't be less than 12-15yrs old.
Everyone can drive with the mouth.
But put them behind the wheels and they start sweating.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Redlobstar(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
No be today. True talk!
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by earnit3: 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
hmmm
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ahmEenu(m): 12:12am On Jul 19, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

No any amount is too small for quack teachers. Qualified teachers should let so called money monger proprietor realise that teaching profession is not to be treated anyhow.
gaskiya.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by stormborn28(m): 12:59am On Jul 19, 2020
uromii:

I still stand with my 96 with facts.

Unless you are a private school owner or you just want to justify this wicked fraud against noble teachers.
1, I understand most schools collect their fees on installments. I can categorically tell you that for Nigerian private schools concerns, the population per weekly attendance once after mid term break ; a largely significant number of students/pupils has paid and cleared their tuition fee.
2. Nigeria private schools owners can never allow a child to sit for terminal exams without clearing it's debts , you Will surely never find that child in the exam hall. Realistically %96 pupils you see in the exam halls had cleared.
3. There are some cases where some parents that has been trying or faithful maybe had some downtime evidently made known to the school management would have been allowed their kids to continue , they are the ones that fall into the other part of the %96.

This is exactly what most of this private school owners will always schemishly tell their teachers. But if make your indept findings as a teacher you will discover a significant number of students had cleared. Now you ask why then are they still owing , some wicked ones will delay it for days/weeks after your salary due date. Why because some of them want be big business, real estate owners and travel abroad by all means .
you are very knowledgeable about the way they defraud teachers....what you said in your last sentence says it all... I personally observed this
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by stormborn28(m): 1:03am On Jul 19, 2020
ocelot2006:
You know what, let's assume that most private schools have successfully received 80% of the school fees owed for the term by parents. Suddenly the lock down occurs in March, 2020. From April till date, not a single cent/kobo comes in as revenue, yet the schools have to pay for the following:
1) salary payments for the month of March, 2020
(2)Payments to vendors/contractors/suppliers
(3)TAXES
(4)loan repayment
(5)Payment of rent/lease (**not all cases)
(6)Maintenance costs (buildings, vehicles, power, water supply, etc)
(5) ICT cost
(6) Vehicle fueling cost
(7) COST OF POWER (NEPA, diesel, etc)

With all these, and absolutely no help from Federal or State govts, how do you expect these schools to still pay wages from April till date? Please do tell.
some of the things you listed here is only possible during school session.. Do you run bus during COVID-19?
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by horlakay(m): 1:51am On Jul 19, 2020
fujirice:

Lol!
Typical.
When they don’t have anything in their arsenal to argue with they resort to insults.
Ogbeni channel your frustrations to the government and leave school owners alone.
I don't keep arsenals for insults, I don't have anything to say to people like you,
Shut up again!
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by faceland: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2020
They collected school fees, and when schools reopen, they must teach those student for the fees collected (they would not collect another fees), When school reopens, you get paid. This is private sector, the money doesn't come from haven. You didn't work or solve any problem, buy you want to chop?
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by faceland: 3:20am On Jul 19, 2020
stormborn28:
some of the things you listed here is only possible during school session.. Do you run bus during COVID-19?

When school reopen, should parent forget about previous school fees and just pay again? You didn't work you want to chop? You better start home schooling or lesson teacher.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Biggers82(m): 4:38am On Jul 19, 2020
graciamore:
she did not even pay us march salary fa, just the 4k she paid us and dismiss us.. I swear it will not be well with that woman..

Report her to your Pastor naj
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 4:54am On Jul 19, 2020
horlakay:

I don't keep arsenals for insults, I don't have anything to say to people like you,
Shut up again!
Oh!
It flows from you!
Bad upbringing cool
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by inice(m): 5:03am On Jul 19, 2020
Thank God I paid my teachers March salary else I no go sleep. Teachers can fight oo.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by inice(m): 5:32am On Jul 19, 2020
stormborn28:
Some teachers are wicked. Not concerned about the children just waiting for month to end. I employed one who I later noticed was just marking all good marks for children without checking if answers were wrong or right. Will pretend to be teaching when I'm coming and busy collecting parents phone numbers for lesson. This guy will almost collect his salary before month end. And some are here talking about school. Open one if it's easy and pay. They waist children's precious time and destiny gossiping from one class to another asking others how much their salary. A dedicated and sincere teacher that has the growth of the school at heart is just 4%.A lot did not come to your school because they love teaching No Way! No job so teaching is the highest recruitment job. Pay your teachers other wise you will know that they can bring down the school. Also don't employ because of the smiling faces you see during interview. Please pay your teachers cause 96% are there since there's no job and not for the love of teaching. Don't employ too many hands you cannot pay cause fight is waiting for you at your gate. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by sawod(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2020
Live Stream Rugby Game, whether you are next to your TV set or not. With innovative live streaming options and ios & Android apps for your smartphones and Kangaroos Rugby live tablets, you Kangaroos Rugby online can catch all the live action on All blacks Rugby live the go. Go on with your daily activities with no Kangaroos Rugby online worries of missing out on the intriguing All Blacks matchups.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Destroys School Properties. Teacher Reacts Calmly (Video) / See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. / Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.