Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” (342 Views)

What’s With Yahoo Boys And Always Beating Their Girlfriends? / She Said Try Beating Me Up Sometimes / Nairaland Love Doctor : Relationship, Issues And Advises. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” by 5Ebiscoo: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2020
Dear Love Doctor,

I am currently dating a man who has promised to marry me. But the problem I have been facing with him is that he is always beating me. He beats me up anytime and anywhere. He can’t control himself when he is angry and nobody can control him. There was even a day he started beating me up in a bank premises and the security had to ask us to leave. I don’t know if I should still go ahead and marry him by December when he wants us to wed, because I’m afraid that he might end up killing me if I marry him. But I love him. What should I do?

From Nike.

Love Doctor’s Advice:

Dear Nike,

Your man appears to have temper problems, which means he needs help, counselling or therapy. Do you do things that really make him go mad? Think about it. If you’re the cause of his anger, you must stop doing or saying those things that make him appear to lose his mind. However, even if you may have annoyed him, he has no right to beat or assault you. Therefore, you must have a frank discussion with him and tell him he has to change if he wants this relationship to continue. Tell him to seek help to control his temper and give him time to see if he will change.

However, from all indications, you might really be in an abusive relationship and I would not advise you to marry anybody who abuses or beats you. Many men and women have died because they found themselves in abusive relationships with violent partners. For how long is he going to continue to beat or assault you, and for how long are you going to tolerate his excesses? Don’t be a fool for love. This relationship is simply not good for both your health and your emotions, and it could eventually cost you your life!

There are many stories in the news all the time about women who kill their men, or men who kill their women, and I don’t want you to be among the statistics. This is why I keep asking people to walk away from abusive and/or violent relationships. One of the greatest pieces of advice that any relationship expert can give you is this: Never date a violent or abusive person or somebody without self-control. It doesn’t pay. It is not love. Do not date a man who has no self-control. If his temper gets in the way of your relationship, then get out of his way!

An abusive relationship will never bring you anything good. Worse still, it could become a fatal attraction and cost you your life in the end. Where is the love if you die in his hands? If he beats you to death, he will simply move on with his life and get another woman. But where will you be? In the grave? Where will your love for him now be when you’re dead and all your dreams and aspirations are gone? Your family will be left to mourn. Please quit that abusive relationship immediately. Your life is more important than anything else.

*Do you agree with this advice? Drop your comments.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/dear-love-doctor-my-boyfriend-is-always-beating-me/

1 Like

Re: Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” by Ezennwa(m): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2020
hmm!

Love is blind
Re: Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” by allen113: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2020
beat him back
Re: Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Dear Love Doctor, “my Boyfriend Is Always Beating Me” by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2020
Definitely you are still enjoying the beating because if you are not nobody will tell you to negotiate with your heels and run away from the relationship. Continue chanting love until he kills you.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Howie T The Man That Discovered P Square Who Just Died / My Experience With Maria / Hot Sexy Women Are Lonely And Looking For Attention On This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.