Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo (5079 Views)

Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / Wikileaks - USA Wanted Nigerian Army General Victor Malu Dismissed? / Retired General Victor Malu's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2006
owo:

Please find below where the tribalism started.

I stand by my statement which says " [b]it may not be inciting to the southerners but may be to the core North"[/b]Southerners cannot be compelled to think irrational, they use their head well well, no leaders impose anything on them.The bunch of OBJ's critics are southerners. Isn't it?
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by demmy(m): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2006
Akolawole:

I stand by my statement which says " [b]it may not be inciting to the southerners but may be to the core North"[/b]Southerners cannot be compelled to think irrational, they use their head well well, no leaders impose anything on them.The bunch of OBJ's critics are southerners. Isn't it?

I hate to disagree with you but the supposed rational southerners are the ones with their pants down lately (convicted Balogun, disgraced Alams, usurper Adedibu and Uba, Niger Delta kidnappers, the dangerous police led by southerner Ehindero etc and the very Obasanjo himself)
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 12:55am On Feb 05, 2006
demmy , Let me reiterate, this man Malu is a coward, and has no credibility. 1st he said the money balogun was accused of looting was the money given to him to rig the election? point, who gave Balogun the money and secondly why was he malu forced to retire? this are valuable questions that should be answered, and Military man are trained to obey and respect their superior officer, and as my memory serves me.OBJ was a retired superior officer to Malu, Malu statement is what is setting Nigeria back today, and this man should be arrested and punished. there is a Yoruba saying that the empty barrel makes the loudest noise,
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2006
demmy , get your facts straight before you talk, Ehindero is from the west not south.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by owo(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2006
Now we know that the west is no more a part of the south. Long live the (Non-south) west.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by demmy(m): 9:36am On Feb 07, 2006
Odeku I can't believe you didn't understand how I used southerners in that post. strange.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2006
THIS IS what educated people are saying about MALU

"Apart from that, he was back classed. In military parlance, once you are not doing well academically, you start to back class. At the time he left the army, most of his colleagues had already left.
"You rather pray for Malu so that he can be taken to a psychiatric hospital, instead of calling for his arrest," George, who took time to defend his credentials, said.

In a related development, NLC president, Adams Oshiomhole, also condemned General Malu on the latter’s regrets for not toppling President Obasanjo while he was Chief of Army Staff.
Oshiomhole, who spoke at the launch of Professor Pat Utomi’s book, Why Nations are Poor, said that Malu should, "shut up, because he is laying foundation for coup."
The labour leader wondered where General Malu was when the late General Sani Abacha ruled Nigeria with iron fist, pointing that since he did nothing then, he should shut up. He said: " A General recently said that if he was still in the army he would carried out a coup, he’s so dissatisfied now that he could have carried out a coup. In this politics of bitterness that has consumed all of us, I am sure some people will urge the military to carry out a coup.

"Where was General Malu when Abacha was going to transform himself, when he moved the Central Bank to his village? General Malu was still in uniform, if he did not find that situation unacceptable, he must shut up now, because he is laying foundation for a coup."

Oshiomhole also took a swipe at the organised private sector, insisting that though Abacha allegedly looted the country, the business class in Nigeria assisted him in doing so

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/feb/07/national%20-7-02-2006-001.htm
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2006
Malu's outbursts irresponsible, says ex-Army Chief

This is a retired general, so case close, Malu should be arrested

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/february06/08022006/f208022006.html
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2006
demmy:

I hate to disagree with you but the supposed rational southerners are the ones with their pants down lately (convicted Balogun, disgraced Alams, usurper Adedibu and Uba, Niger Delta kidnappers, the dangerous police led by southerner Ehindero etc and the very Obasanjo himself)

My Friend, Of what use is this to my statement?

If you incite a Southerner, he consider it before taking any action but my brothers from the other end DONT.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by demmy(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2006
I stand by my statement which says " it may not be inciting to the southerners but may be to the core North" [b]Southerners cannot be compelled to think irrational, they use their head well well, no leaders impose anything on them.[/b]The bunch of OBJ's critics are southerners. Isn't it?

Kola it was your allusion of well behaved southerners I was trying to dispelled from your post quoted above. Its true Southerners don't kill themselves over religion but that don't make them any more rational than their northern counterpart. Nearly 7 yrs into democracy and the supposed intellectually superior south is yet to show anything for it outside of crisis. Just last year an 11yr old boy was lynch mobbed in Lagos for kidnapping in the full glare of camera by some of those people who "use their head well well" and "cannot be compelled to think irrational".
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 2:39am On Feb 09, 2006
demmy:

Kola it was your allusion of well behaved southerners I was trying to dispelled from your post quoted above. Its true Southerners don't kill themselves over religion .

I am not saying southerners are well-behaved but they use their head, they are not follow-follow.

We have so many lunatics in our country, few of them making statements like " i will make Nigeria ungovernable".This is nothing but treason.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Kobani: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2006
You know, in the days that Malu joined the Army they sent the blockheads who couldn`t pass in school. Then unfortunately, they became the ones that ruled us for donkey years. Malu and his colleagues are very unintelligent men, so we expect too much from them. He`s an idiot. If not the leaders themselves make the same type of irresponsible comments all day, everday, he should have charged for treason.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by johnie: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
Does anyone know Malu is now?

He was very vociferous during Obasanjo's regime.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by KnowAll(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
Me too I regret not over-throwing Ojukwu to at least stop the Biafra war from happening( even thus I was just 2 year old when the war started ) Malu is a hallucinator and day dreamer, a man without a liver, coup plotters are real men not this clown making noise.

Thank God he did not try it because he would have being caught like a church rat in a corner like' Laurent Gbagbo', and I jeri-trust Baba Iyabo he no go spear am,  It takes a real man to plan a coup and malu is no real man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori / Bomb Blast At JamaÁre L.g.a Bauchi State / Vacate The South, Asari-dokubo’s Group Ask Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.