Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini (18525 Views)

‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by lexy2014: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Neddyogu:

Is it not a form of religious taxation?

How's it a religious form of taxation?
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
MightySparrow:
Kobojunkie, I didn't bother to read your epistle. all I said is that no body in my church pays tithe into my pastor's personal account, he too tithes his income and does not run church account.
what you call an epistle is the definition of God's own tithing commandments to you, and to everyone who sits in your club with you. There is no separate set of rules for groups. So you need to be sure that you understand what God really asked you to do and obey that over anything people or persons do.

Nobody is going to make it into heaven by simply praying, No. See the key is not prayer but Obedience. Obedience of what? Obedience of God's commandments- not man's twist on God's Word, but God's exact commandments.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by 12inchess: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Can anyone explain to me how they came up with 10% as tithe? And why it's not paid for 2 years and the third year you enjoy your tithe like in the old testament? Can someone also explain how our modern day Daddy G. Os are part of the levitical priesthood and they own all sorts of property and possessions?

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by chijokz(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
HARDDON:

Usually, I'd ignore these unnecessary arguments because I believe, as the Bible says, no man that puts his hands into the plough and looks back is fit for the master's use.

That means, if you say you follow God, follow him in all ramifications. Not Selectively. Not when it is convenient. Paying lips service and when a lil challenge to your belief arise, you dock like a drenched rat.
Let your still small voice lead you. Don't drive your car with another's Headlamp. Talk to your God. Ask him questions.

Before I disect your thoughts, let me say that the only thing that contest with God in our lives is marjorly money and because, the fallen man is inherently selfish, he would uphold the saying ;

Touch not my money and do my pocket no harm.

not knowing that the gospel that says seed time and harvest shall not cease as long as the earth remains, can never be broken.
not knowing that with God, the best way to keep is to give out. the best way to lose is to withhold.

He is oblivious to the fact that because he doesn't regard God in tithing, he is creating a hole for the enemy. Holes in form of sicknesses, loss of properties , unexplainable emergencies and the likes.

If we are Christians, we must follow the examples of men long gone.
As Christ said, if you say you are Abraham's children , as you claim, you would do what he did.
He was a tither, a sower, a lover of God and his commandments.

Now, coming to your statement, here is what you didn't know;

1. A TRUE church is not a private properties, hence, it is registered as a non profit organization.
As a registered body, all accounts are usually opened in its name.
It has board members, signatories and accountants.
The sole aim of tithes and offerings is to further the course of the gospel, test our loyalty to God, our protection and divine provision.

True pastors know better than to convert tithes and offerings for personal use.
True pastors that not only preach but practice tithing, offering and sowing, reap and are automatically on the paid roll of God by virtue of Soul winning.
How can someone that God pays by directing even Ravens to provide their needs dip his hands into that that is sacred?
They know better.

This is why you should seek out and attend a Christ believing church.

It is not every shrine you see out there with a Ministry Signpost that you would dive into.
A lot of them are into ocult practices and into it for personal gains.

Rich Regards
D
Very difficult to find one. A lot of what I've attended or streamed online are not. They all preach the tithing doctrine which I don't practise.
There are over 613 laws in the old testament, why pick some laws to obey and disregard the others?
Yahushua preached Giving in the new testament especially to the poor and less privileged. That's what I practise.

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Stallion93(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
Amumaigwe:

MMM is an ungodly business. God's grace cannot cover a man thst obeys religious laws but partakes in unholy business. For the same reason, God will never cover an armed robber from police bullets simply because he is a curch worker.
Na u know wetin u dey talk, I’m telling u what tithe has helped me achieve
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by cobsol(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Enoch07:
let me check if dangote, Jeff bezos, Carlos slim, Ned nwoko, bill gate e.t.c pay tithe

Let me check if
Carlos slim
Ned nwoko
Bill gate

Make a very clean
At least we know Ned
Bill with the sagas
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Neddyogu(m): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
lexy2014:

How's it a religious form of taxation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakat

Pls read up.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by biggy26: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Do you obey God with your Tithe? This is what God said you should do with your Tithe ... Have you ever done exactly what God commanded you to do with your tithe, ever?

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Abeg make people hear word o'jare~!
You just wasted your time typing all this. You can't pour old wine into new wineskin, it will burst.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
chidemavian:
One thing we all fail to understand is that

It is not a must you give it in church!

Tithe makes meat available in the house of God!. So you if you can make such provisions directly to the needy, you owe God nothing
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
you guy are not getting it. I said if you can't obey God with you tithe, how can you obey God by not lying and fornicating. many people are only using tithe to hid there flaws
are you obeying God with your tithe or obeying your pastors instead?

30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
NairaMaster1:

You asked for correction:

They don't pay tithes to pastor's account. They pay tithes to church accounts.

Some pastors are not even signatory to such accounts.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by YesBoss1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
No body can obey God's law by himself. many of those people criticizing bishop oyedepo for what are only doing it to cover there own shame of not being able to pay there tithe. I repeat, if you can't obey God in tithing, that means you can't fully obey God

Deuteronomy 14 is the only passage in the Bible that describes how tithe should be paid , one of the 613 laws of Moses. The churches of today do not practice tithing as instructed in the Bible.

It is also contradictory to talk about the new covenant and also tithing ( which is clearly a Jewish law). You can't choose which Jewish law a congregation should follow and then ignore the other 612.

Jesus only mentioned tithing when he rebuked the Pharisees for paying attention to irrelevant issues.

Preachers are quick to run to Malachi 3 when preaching about tithing. If you study it from chapter 1, you'll see clearly that Malachi was directed to priests who were defiling the temple in various ways.

Please study Deuteronomy 14 and the whole of Malachi.

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Starmario:
It's quite confusing isn't it, the Bible said ten percent of the first fruit of your labour......not ten percent of every fruit of your labour......don't you think
I personally feel it's supposed to be once a year because of what is written in the Bible.....first fruit of your labour

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

The tithe was a form of tax, the jews operated a theocracy where God was their king, so the levites and priest where supposed to collect it..

Every God's portion goes to them..

Nigeria is a democracy.. We are expected to pay tax to the government.. Not to pastor.
grin

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
So you are using Nigeria to equate the kingdom of God.
do you read at all?

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by AmuDimpka: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
chidemavian:
One thing we all fail to understand is that

It is not a must you give it in church!

Tithe makes meat available in the house of God!. So you if you can make such provisions directly to the needy, you owe God nothing

If it's not a must
Why are these pastors swearing and cursing everyone

They are showing desperation

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
adetunjioludami:
Errm a quick one, All y'all that doesn't pay tithe, Since you have not been paying, what has happened to the church of God?
At least IV seen almost 100 comments on nairaland from non tithers, millions of people don't pay tithe and still the Church of God is waxing stronger!!!! LEAVE TITHERS ALONE AND FACE YOUR LIFE. We are mumu,we are foolish ehn leave us oh ye wise ones!!!!! If you and your generation doesn't pay tithe forever, nothing will happen. God would still be God and his servants would still be flying jets!!!!

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Abiodunstephen:

I will say this, I am a tithe payer, but I have told my pastor several times that they should change the name, because from what the Bible says in Leviticus, tithe should not be paid in cash but in food, secondly tithe is not weekly basis but every three years, so if you pay it in monetary way and weekly it means you are going against the commandment.
in Malachi we are using is says "bring ye tithe to my house so that there will be food", not money.
even in Leviticus it warned Israelites that if you are leaving far from Jerusalem and you want to pay your tithe, first convert in to money that is if you can carry the food because of the distance, and when you get to Jerusalem, go and buy what pleases you and set it down with the levite and destitute and your house hold, eat it with them.
which means tithe is not only for pastor but even for poor and even you must eat from it.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
fairheart:
The only commandment that is still valid is the only set of commandment God Himself wrote with His own Hand.
THE 10 commandment.
[img][/img]
sadly you are wrong about that!
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
sowilli:
many of you miss the mystery of tithing. There are somethings that don’t answer to Gods prayer but God has given nature the power to make them available as long as humans obey the laws. For instance, Imagine if man decides to destroy and kill all the plants in the whole world, will he have oxygen to breathe, even if he prays for a hundred years will he? It’s same with prosperity. It only answers to giving and one of the giving is tithing. If you are opportune with 100 non Christian billionaires, you will find out they all tithe. I have heard Alhaijis bringing millions of into the church. Do you think Dangote visited that pastor when his wife died because of just visit.They have a relationship and many of this rich Muslims tithe. It’s not only Christians that tithe. Don’t bother about what a pastor makes, do your part of the law. The problem is there are fake prophets who are just out for tithes and this abuse. There will always be fake prophets btw. Remember the case of Eli’s sons. Tithing is a law everyone who aspire to be wealthy must obey! Please google Rhonda Byrne ... she is not a pastor

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

this is Daddy Freeze version proving that paying tithe is not scriptural...but a student of the word of God...compare your aforementioned scripture with the practice in Book of Acts of Apostle Chapter 4:37....this was what the church was practicing in the time of early Apostle....are they the same?

Bible is not a logic book; it can only be spiritually decoded...guy, i am not defending the pastor, tithe is needed for the work of ministries in the church but there some greedy pastors and senior pastor that are taking advantage of this fund....some of them use it for themselves and send their children to school abroad....

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
biggy26:

You just wasted your time typing all this. You can't pour old wine into new wineskin, it will burst.
since tithing is Old wine, it should not be mixed in with new wine we have in Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I didn't dispute the fact that all these scriptures you quoted are written in the bible...but compare the tithe and offering practice in the old testament with the tithe and offering practice in the new testament, you will discover that there are differences. And if there are differences, who initiated the differences? It is their spiritual leaders as it is being unveiled to him by the leading of the spirit...that is the reason why if you don't trust the calling of God upon the spiritual leader of the church you attend, you don't have any reason to attend such church...
Prophet Elijah in 1Kings 17:8-16 met with Zarephath widow woman, and he asked that poor widow to give him water to drink and make part of her last meal for him... I'm sure if any of Naija Snr Pastor or General Overseer should do that, you and your group will sue such man of God...and recommend jail term for him.
Bible is not a logical book stop quoting the Bible based on hearsay or your sentimental belief.
Bible interpretation is beyond Daddy Freeze and cronies understanding....2 Peter 1:20-21,/, 1 Corinthians 2:13-15. I have listened to them without no iota of biased because I'm curious to learn about scriptures and new things or discoveries.

My brother, there are so many pastors that don't have the understanding of the Bible 1 Cor 15: 34...
I am not a pastor neither do I have a church... but I take responsibility to build my spiritual life...
Yearn to know the mind of God concerning tithe and offering and don't let any person manipulate you with baseless scriptures references...
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

I didn't dispute the fact that all these scriptures you quoted are written in the bible...but compare the tithe and offering practice in the old testament with the tithe and offering practice in the new testament, you will discover that there are differences. And if there are differences, who initiated the differences? It is their spiritual leaders as it is being unveiled to him by the leading of the spirit...that is the reason why if you don't trust the calling of God upon the spiritual leader of the church you attend, you don't have any reason to attend such church...
Prophet Elijah in 1Kings 17:8-16 met with Zarephath widow woman, and he asked that poor widow to give him water to drink and make part of her last meal for him... I'm sure if any of Naija Snr Pastor or General Overseer should do that, you and your group will sue such man of God...and recommend jail term for him.
Bible is not a logical book stop quoting the Bible based on hearsay or your sentimental belief.
Bible interpretation is beyond Daddy Freeze and cronies understanding....2 Peter 1:20-21,/, 1 Corinthians 2:13-15. I have listened to them without no iota of biased because I'm curious to learn about scriptures and new things or discoveries.

My brother, there are so many pastors that don't have the understanding of the Bible 1 Cor 15: 34...
I am not a pastor neither do I have a church... but I take responsibility to build my spiritual life...
Yearn to know the mind of God concerning tithe and offering and don't let any person manipulate you with baseless scriptures references...
But there is No new tithe and offering practice defined by God in the new testament. lipsrsealed

Tithing and offerings are defined only in the Old Covenant. The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ has no tithing and no offering laws or commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by prophetfire: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
chijokz:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the only person who benefits and prospers is the account owner in which all tithes and offerings are paid into. Hypothetically, let's say a church has 200 members that earn $50,000 per annum and all pay their tithes of 10% which leaves them with $45,000 while total tithes paid into the pastor's account is 200x5,000 = $1,000,000 per annum.
That's why pastors will defend and continue to preach the tithing doctrine indefinitely.
they dont pay tithe into pastor's account but church account and church has a board that manages its finances.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by sowilli: 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
chijokz:

I don't think I agree. There are a lot of wealthy individuals who don't tithe. Most of them are not even Christians.
There are over 613 laws in the old testament, why are we not obeying all? Why is it only tithing we must obey and disregard the other 612?
how do you know they don’t tithe? Do you know what a man does in a closet.if you don’t obey other laws, I do. Many other do too.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
sowilli:
how do you know they don’t tithe? Do you know what a man does in a closet.if you don’t obey other laws, I do. Many other do too.
Tithing law, ad defined by God can never benefit anyone who is not a descendant of Jacob, or God is a liar!
Think on the meaning of that before responding.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by delkuf(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
do you read at all?
No I don't read. you think am a fool like you
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by MightySparrow: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Is this how Tithe is running in your cbhurch? This is the tithe that God commanded in the Old Covenant, the only place that God put together the law.
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects you have obeyed in your years as a tither

What is the difference between Old and New testament?
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
MightySparrow:
What is the difference between Old and New testament?
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the difference!

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by MightySparrow: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the difference!
What is the curse of the law and for whom?
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
MightySparrow:
What is the curse of the law and for whom?
Curse of the law/Covenant is on all those who disobey the commandments in the said Covenant.

Which Law/ Covenant are you referring to, the Old or the New? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What They Don't Tell You About Atheism / Download/listen To "Dancers At The Gate Of Death" -a Sermon By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / "Those Who Want Nigeria To Divide Are Agents Of The Devil" - Bishop Adeoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.