Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini (18255 Views)

‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by HARDDON: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Liposure:
objection. Abraham was neva a christian when he tithed. Jesus neva paid tithe. Pastors are not descendants of levi. Tithing is part of the old law. The old law has expired. Thanks 2 christ our savior

was tithe listed as part of the law?

Does Christ's death, redeeming us from sin, stop 'seed time and harvest?' or the Rainbow, and so many other things listed in the old testament?

Have you not read that even the Pharisees, worse sets of sinners in Christ's despensation , paid tithe?
Did Jesus Christ himself not sit and watch as people cast their offerings where he noticed that the poor widow gave much more than every other person?
Why would he sit to observe giving if it wasn't important?

Read what Christ told the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former".

Like I said, I hate splitting hairs on this matter. Do what works for you. But, the fact remains that one verse of the scripture cannot break the other. Neither can you wish away tithing.
This is a ploy to blindfold people and have them in perpetual bondage and financial lack and want. those who are wise see thru the veil.

The gospel must reach the ends of the earth ( alot of funds is needed for that) and God's Church would keep moving whether you pay your tithe or not.

The evil forces behind these attack on churches know what they are doing.
Why was nobody complaining about tithing when the church was asleep financially and got jeer at with statements as " as poor as a church rat?"

Politicians like it when fake pastors go begging them for money. but suddenly, the church has now woken up financially, and all the undue influence they had over pastors, suddenly ceased. They want that influence back but it is not going to happen ever again. Now, they attack the church

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by MightySparrow: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Curse of the law/Covenant is on all those who disobey the commandments in the said Covenant.

Which Law/ Covenant are you referring to, the Old or the New? undecided
Which one are new testament believers are redeemed from?
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by HARDDON: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Liposure:
objection. Abraham was neva a christian when he tithed. Jesus neva paid tithe. Pastors are not descendants of levi. Tithing is part of the old law. The old law has expired. Thanks 2 christ our savior

was tithe listed as part of the law?

Does Christ's death, redeeming us from sin, stop 'seed time and harvest?' or the Rainbow, and so many other things listed in the old testament?

Have you not read that even the Pharisees, worse sets of sinners in Christ's despensation , paid tithe?
Did Jesus Christ himself not sit and watch as people cast their offerings where he noticed that the poor widow gave much more than every other person?
Why would he sit to observe giving if it wasn't important?

Read what Christ told the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former".

Like I said, I hate splitting hairs on this matter. Do what works for you. But, the fact remains that one verse of the scripture cannot break the other. Neither can you wish away tithing.
This is a ploy to blindfold people and have them in perpetual bondage and financial lack and want. those who are wise see thru the veil.

The gospel must reach the ends of the earth ( alot of funds is needed for that) and God's Church would keep moving whether you pay your tithe or not.

The evil forces behind these attack on churches know what they are doing.
Why was nobody complaining about tithing when the church was asleep financially and got jeer at with statements as " as poor as a church rat?"

Politicians like it when fake pastors go begging them for money. but suddenly, the church has now woken up financially, and all the undue influence they had over pastors, suddenly ceased. They want that influence back but it is not going to happen ever again. Now, they attack the church
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
MightySparrow:
Which one are new testament believers are redeemed from?
The New Covenant gives us the way, for those who are condemned by the Old Covenant.

According to the old Covenant, all gentiles(aside from those who lived among and with the descendants of Jacob) were condemned. That is why much of the Laws in it were designed to serve the needs of the people of Israel. And the promise, again only for the people of Israel as God will never give that which belongs to Israel to anyother.

The New Covenant is for all Nations and does not copy commandments from the Old Covenant. There are about 46 commandments in it, blessings for Obedience and Curses for disobedience.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by HARDDON: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
chijokz:

Very difficult to find one. A lot of what I've attended or streamed online are not. They all preach the tithing doctrine which I don't practise.
There are over 613 laws in the old testament, why pick some laws to obey and disregard the others?
Yahushua preached Giving in the new testament especially to the poor and less privileged. That's what I practise.

So of all that true churches preach, it's only this one you pick out? besides, true churches really make a Sunday sermon about tithing now. They only quote a verse before taking offering.

Nonetheless,
Whether you practice it or not would not stop the message from being passed alone. The truth must be told whether it appeals to you or not. whether you chose to obey or not.
Anything to expunge the adamic/satanic nature, must be uprooted through the word.

For God so loved the world, he gave ( his most precious gift)

For your other point, kindly read my reply to the other guy up.

This is my last response.

Rich Regards
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But there is No new tithe and offering practice defined by God in the new testament. lipsrsealed

Tithing and offerings are defined only in the Old Covenant. The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ has no tithing and no offering laws or commandments.

The is tithe Bible reference in the new testaments
Hebrew 7: 5-9
Luke 11: 42
Luke 18:12
Matthew 23:23
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by MightySparrow: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The New Covenant gives us the way, for those who are condemned by the Old Covenant.

According to the old Covenant, all gentiles(aside from those who lived among and with the descendants of Jacob) were condemned. That is why much of the Laws in it were designed to serve the needs of the people of Israel. And the promise, again only for the people of Israel as God will never give that which belongs to Israel to anyother.

The New Covenant is for all Nations and does not copy commandments from the Old Covenant. There are about 46 commandments in it, blessings for Obedience and Curses for disobedience.
The laws you qouted are for old or new believers?
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
MightySparrow:
The laws you qouted are for old or new believers?
The Old Covenant... that is where God designed the Tithing and Offering laws.... in the Old Covenant.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

The is tithe Bible reference in the new testaments
Hebrew 7: 5-9
Luke 11: 42
Luke 18:12
Matthew 23:23

We are not looking for references, we are looking for commandments , remember? So where does Jesus Christ explicitly command His Followers to pay tithe acccording to the Old Covenant definition of Tithing?

Remember that this is the same Jesus Christ that warned against mixing New Wine with Old wine.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by MightySparrow: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Old Covenant... that is where God designed the Tithing and Offering laws.... in the Old Covenant.
What is new in NT and what is old in OT? expatiate please.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by adetunjioludami(m): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Yenyenyenyenyen...... I asked some salient questions, answer them and don't derail everywhere with your poor mind by answering question with question
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
adetunjioludami:

Yenyenyenyenyen...... I asked some salient questions, answer them and don't derail everywhere with your poor mind by answering question with question
God's very law on tithing surely answers your tithing questions as it more than provides you with details of what you ought to be doing if in fact your intent is to live in obedience of Him, God, and not man's doctrines and traditions.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by petra1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
desiredhome:

Yet there are more poor/hungry people around, including your tithe paying members?.......

Opening Churches everywhere because of members money is further enslaving the members who can't pertake of the church gestures........

And who told tithers are poor. You seem to be the one complaining.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by petra1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sammyblack87:
Lies from the pit of hell, yenyenyenyenyen, only Nigeria pastors dey cry for tithe and offering

No its rather tithe eaters who are crying against tithe to kill their guilt
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by desiredhome: 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
petra1:

And who told tithers are poor. You seem to be the one complaining.

Sorry I'm not the only one complaining, the truth is too difficult to suppress.........

Nigeria is the poorest among all nation,...
Nigeria average life expectancy is 45 years for men and 50yrs for women due to stress and poverty
Nigerians are dying everyday due to bad road, lack of basic amenities, etc.....
Not even quality education.....
Unfortunately you and all your lying members are among these statistics.........

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by BackllGodNaija: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

B-b-b-but Papa said he lost all due to the fact that he wasn't paying his tithes? I didn't read it anywhere in my Bible, but since Papa said it that way it must be true.
The bolded of your statement is what would send many to hell. Is it because your "Papa" said it that makes it to be true or because it's the truth? I used to be like that before but thank God for delivering from such destructive path. That thing you said your "papa" said is as heretic as they come but unfortunately you're blinded by your overestimation of your "papa" that you couldn't even see the extent of error in it.

Okay let's forget about your dearly beloved "papa" for now and examine the instance objectively, so Job lost all right? Now tell me how he got all before he lost it all? Then tell me how he got back double of all he lost? Did he pay tithes? That should tell you the truth about Job if you really wanted to know why he lost all if the reason God gave in that book doesn't suffice for you. And when you loose all and get back all again, it's as though you never lost anything. David lost all but recovered all back.

By the way, back to your "papa", I heard some of his people devoured his money right, and he pays tithes? So what do you have to say about that if you believe he was right about Job, ehn?

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by biggy26: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
since tithing is Old wine, it should not be mixed in with new wine we have in Jesus Christ
It's a waste of time mixing it.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
biggy26:

It's a waste of time mixing it.
grin

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by AngelJennifer: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Whatsover you do to the least of my brothers
That you do unto me.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my sisters
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When I was weary, you helped me find rest;
When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.

When I was homeless, you opened your door;
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.

When in a prison, you came to my cell;
When on a sickbed, you cared for my needs.

When I was laughed at, you stood by my side;
When I was happy, you shared in my joy.
Now enter into the home of my Father

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
AngelJennifer:
Whatsover you do to the least of my brothers
That you do unto me.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my sisters
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.

When I was weary, you helped me find rest;
When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.

When I was homeless, you opened your door;
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.

When in a prison, you came to my cell;
When on a sickbed, you cared for my needs.

When I was laughed at, you stood by my side;
When I was happy, you shared in my joy.
Now enter into the home of my Father

Right on! This is the giving that matters even most to all followers of Jesus Christ because this is giving that gets you into the Kingdom of God. grin

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by shadeyinka(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
If you can't obey God with your tithe, that means you will find it difficult to fully obey God. those people that are shouting I will give my tithe to the poor and how faithful are they with it. they are not faithful with it. give God ten percent that is not too much to ask now
Mark 16:15 Is a topic that will not generate any comment not to speak of arguments BUT tithes certainly does: why?
Simply because the primary beneficiary of Mark 16:15 is Christ Himself while the beneficiaries of tithes are modern day self implied Levites.

Dont you think so?

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
We are not looking for references, we are looking for commandments, remember? So where does Jesus Christ explicitly command His Followers to pay tithe according to the Old Covenant definition of Tithing?

Remember that this is the same Jesus Christ that warned against mixing New Wine with Old wine.

Let see Luke 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus was simply telling the Pharisee that omitting Justice, mercy, and faith matter which is weighter and focusing on paying tithe is not commendable...but.he never condemned paying tithe.
No church leader force any of its members to pay tithe, as a matter of fact, 85 percent of an average congregation don't pay their tithe....the few that pay tithe might be out of personal conviction..
I'm aware that there are some pastoreneur in town who open church just for personal profits....but as I said, you don't have any business in the church of any spiritual leader you don't trust what he uses your tithe and offering a donation for.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by shadeyinka(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
I am not saying that you are secured financially if you pay your tithe. I am looking at it from the obedience point of view. if you find it difficult to obey God by giving God ten percent of your income, then you will find it difficult to fully obey God.
Obedience?
That's a great word!
BUT
How come Pastors do not stress obedience to Mark16:15 but scare members if they're not obeying Mal 3:10.
The argument is: If you aren't obeying Mal 3:10, you are robbing God AND you'll become Poor and miserable all your life (because of cankerworms)
What happens to a Christian who obeys Mal3:10 but doesn't do Mark16:15?
What evil befalls them?

The primary beneficiaries of Mal 3:10 keep quiet at this point because even though they claim they represent the primary beneficiary of Mk 16:15, it seems they represent more of themselves.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by goldmatrix(m): 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
All these is just for that 10% ..nothing again like salvation preach in churches which is the sole purpose Christ came for. Now everyone who can mutter a word from the Bible wants to fly his/her private jet.. Criminals

2 Likes

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
The bolded of your statement is what would send many to hell. Is it because your "Papa" said it that makes it to be true or because it's the truth? I used to be like that before but thank God for delivering from such destructive path. That thing you said your "papa" said is as heretic as they come but unfortunately you're blinded by your overestimation of your "papa" that you couldn't even see the extent of error in it.

Okay let's forget about your dearly beloved "papa" for now and examine the instance objectively, so Job lost all right? Now tell me how he got all before he lost it all? Then tell me how he got back double of all he lost? Did he pay tithes? That should tell you the truth about Job if you really wanted to know why he lost all if the reason God gave in that book doesn't suffice for you. And when you loose all and get back all again, it's as though you never lost anything. David lost all but recovered all back.

By the way, back to your "papa", I heard some of his people devoured his money right, and he pays tithes? So what do you have to say about that if you believe he was right about Job, ehn?

Sarcasm usually flies over the head of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
sowilli:
Jesus said clearly, why ignore giving to the poor because you give tithe. He then said, why can’t you give to the poor and still pay tithe. This means there is better blessing if you pay tithe. Luke 11:42. Just like you have a better life being circumcised. That’s why I asked you would you prefer to be circumcised or not.

Number one, where did Jesus say that? Number two, in the place you misquoted He was talking to Pharisees (who were Jews) and not to Christians. Except you'll say anytime you're healed of any skin disease you will need to go and show yourself to your pastor because Jesus asked the 10 lepers to do so.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by leeikem(m): 12:18am On Jul 20, 2020
Na English you dey speak

Gforce2015:

this is Daddy Freeze version proving that paying tithe is not scriptural...but a student of the word of God...compare your aforementioned scripture with the practice in Book of Acts of Apostle Chapter 4:37....this was what the church was practicing in the time of early Apostle....are they the same?

Bible is not a logic book; it can only be spiritually decoded...guy, i am not defending the pastor, tithe is needed for the work of ministries in the church but there some greedy pastors and senior pastor that are taking advantage of this fund....some of them use it for themselves and send their children to school abroad....
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by BackllGodNaija: 4:05am On Jul 20, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Sarcasm usually flies over the head of Nigerians.
Lolz! grin I missed it...but someone else might benefit from my serious "lenghty" explanation because sadly there are yet those with such an orientation in reality, so it might not be in vain. It's a good thing though you know better.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by desiredhome: 4:54am On Jul 20, 2020
goldmatrix:
All these is just for that 10% ..nothing again like salvation preach in churches which is the sole purpose Christ came for. Now everyone who can mutter a word from the Bible wants to fly his/her private jet.. Criminals

At the detriment of the poor members cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by sowilli: 6:36am On Jul 20, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Number one, where did Jesus say that? Number two, in the place you misquoted He was talking to Pharisees (who were Jews) and not to Christians. Except you'll say anytime you're healed of any skin disease you will need to go and show yourself to your pastor because Jesus asked the 10 lepers to do so.
what is wrong in showing yourself to your pastor when you are healed? You people will just come with silly arguments. Tithing is not a problem to a rich man. It is the poor that complain about tithing and why they have remained in poverty.
Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2020
sowilli:
what is wrong in showing yourself to your pastor when you are healed? You people will just come with silly arguments. Tithing is not a problem to a rich man. It is the poor that complain about tithing and why they have remained in poverty.

I don't know how straight forward simple logic flies over people's head. You are free to continue your brainwashed manipulated life. Not my problem. Like I told the guy that wrote an analysis trying to open people's eyes to the scam, it's prayers you guys need. No scripture will convince a brainwashed mind. I can see atheist rich men continuing in their poverty too. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 20, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Lolz! grin I missed it...but someone else might benefit from my serious "lenghty" explanation because sadly there are yet those with such an orientation in reality, so it might not be in vain. It's a good thing though you know better.

Actually I read it and agreed with all you said. And I knew you missed the sarcasm. I pray God will open the eyes of those men worshipers before it's too late.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Do You Think Will Happen By December 21, 2012(so Called End Of World) / I Don't Feel Like Going To Church: What's Wrong? / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.