Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch (2255 Views)

Husband Who Beat His Wife Kneels To Beg Her As She Insists On Leaving The Marria / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:15am On Jul 21, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
In the same manner, humans can also be judicious enough to not falsely accuse anyone of being one, which is what ignorant Nigerians do in 2020. Accusing an innocent child (just the other day, there was a story of a little boy whose parents kicked him out after a prophet told his parents he is a wizard and is the cause of their 'misfortunes and problems': https://www.nairaland.com/5999867/boy-thrown-out-home-after#91859953), an old woman/man, or in this case, a spouse, of being a witch is the height of senselessness and wickedness.
In the case of children accused of being witches, I'm completely sympathetic and feel repulsed. With adults who are accused, I'm not so sympathetic because I don't know the facts that may have led to that conclusion.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

And while I agree that humans can be witches, they are usually known. Witches don't hide their craft, the same way native doctors don't. So anyone who terms another a witch must first have evidence of such, otherwise they're making false allegations.
How do you know witches don't hide their craft, met one?

The link I shared only showcases witches who wanted to be photographed. Most are not so out there.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Lazycyndy(f): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2020
I don't think I'd forgive such a man.

From the story we can see that the only reason he came back was because the pastor told him his wife is no longer a witch.

Assuming the pastor didn't make a u turn, the guy would still think his wife is a witch till today.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2020
poshestmina:
I saw the video yesterday and I was sad .

Even if he had problem with the wife,what about the innocent little kids?

The woman looked unkempt, frustrated and hopelessly sad...I'm sure she was once pretty and attractive to him .

The pain, humiliation, depression of raising kid(s) all alone , with a broken soul
sad angry sad sad.

He even came with people videoing .

It's well!

Sometimes I feel so evil when I find it difficult to forgive my husband for some little things.

I see people whose husbanbs have cast side, openly cheated on, insulted and belittled . . . And they forgive them and continue playing the dutiful wife and showing him love. God knows I don't have it in me.

Now everyone expects this woman to just forgive this charade of an apology. Can you imagine the way she will be condemned if she refuses to forgive and let go?

The man abandoned her for no just cause, and now he's making a spectacle of himself and her, and expects her to just forgive and forget.

For me the bottom-line is love. I value myself too much to waste my love on a man who wouldn't love me back and adore me. I'll rather stay single!

I guess that makes me ungodly and a bad Christian. embarassed
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 7:22am On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

In the case of children accused of being witches, I'm completely sympathetic and feel repulsed. With adults who are accused, I'm not so sympathetic because I don't know the facts that may have led to that conclusion.

If you truly believe in witchcraft, and that people can use it to stop the progress of their family members, then why are you even sympathetic to child witches? Or you don't think they exist?

For me I think that even if a person is a witch, it's your duty as family to pray for their deliverance not to cast them aside. Nothing justifies that.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2020
UjuJoan2:

If you truly believe in witchcraft, and that people can use it to stop the progress of their family members, then why are you even sympathetic to child witches? Or you don't think they exist?

For me I think that even if a person is a witch, it's your duty as family to pray for their deliverance not to cast them aside. Nothing justifies that.
My purpose here is not to prove that the woman in the story is not a witch, far from it. I only commented with the intention to correct the lady who tried to discount the existence of witches generally.

Honestly, anyone who truly does not to believe in the existence of witchcraft should also not believe in oxygen. Balance is essential to human existence and wherever good exists, evil does also. Light exists, so does darkness.
No amount of civilization can change this.

Oxford University with its acclaimed status has dedicated resources to studying witchcraft and its history and came up with materials validating its existence and the supernatural, its not something that should be discounted simply on the basis of 'I don't believe'.

As for child witches, they exist. My sympathy for them is because I don't think they are completely aware of what they are or can control what was done to them. They were initiated and probably manifested without intention.

Now, of course false accusations are commonplace. Differentiating who is really a witch and who is not, is where the issue is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by bukatyne(f): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2020
UjuJoan2:

@bold: you really don't believe this right?

UjuJoan2:

Sometimes I feel so evil when I find it difficult to forgive my husband for some little things.

I see people whose husbanbs have cast side, openly cheated on, insulted and belittled . . . And they forgive them and continue playing the dutiful wife and showing him love. God knows I don't have it in me.

Now everyone expects this woman to just forgive this charade of an apology. Can you imagine the way she will be condemned if she refuses to forgive and let go?

The man abandoned her for no just cause, and now he's making a spectacle of himself and her, and expects her to just forgive and forget.

For me the bottom-line is love. I value myself too much to waste my love on a man who wouldn't love me back and adore me. I'll rather stay single!

@bold:

cheesy

As a Christian, if you want forgiveness from God, you NEED to forgive whoever offended you. And forgive them 70 * 7 in a day. If you are struggling with unforgiveness/ bitterness, pray about it. smiley

That aside, we mix up forgiveness with sweeping things under the carpet.

Forgiveness is compulsory, going back might not be necessary although we all want mercy.

Forgiveness is also not taught from a scriptural angle, it is taught from the cultural angle hence wives are more 'pressured to forgive than husbands'. Forgiveness is not gender biased.

Even if the wife in the video wanted to continue the marriage // (while you can separate if an unbelieving spouse initiated it, i don't know if you can remarry), she ought to have engaging discussions with the man.

Where did things go wrong? When did they stop to communicate? What about his Christian values? Is he born again? Has he seen the light because the pastor said so or because he has realized his wrongs? What happens if same scenario plays out tomorrow? Etc.

Then they draw out a plan/family board.

I don't even think the wives forgive in the true sense: they are just bugged down and continue the marriages without properly going through the steps of reconciliation growing into bitter women.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

My purpose here is not to prove that the woman in the story is not a witch, far from it. I only commented here with the intention to correct the lady who tried to discount the existence of witches generally.

Honestly, anyone who truly does not to believe in the existence of witchcraft should also not believe in oxygen. Balance is essential in human existence and wherever good exists, evil does also. Light exists, so does darkness.

Oxford University with its acclaimed status has dedicated resources to studying witchcraft and its history and has came up with materials showing its existence and the supernatural, its not something that should be discounted simply on the basis of 'I don't believe'.

As for child witches, they exist. My sympathy for them is because I don't think they are completely aware of what they are or can control what was done to them. They were initiated and probably manifested without intention.

Now, of course false accusations are commonplace. Differentiating who is really a witch and who is not, is where the issue is.

Most adult witches were also initiated as children. They also did not have a choice and probably still don't know the consequences of their actions because they never knew any better.

And so, even is someone is a confirmed witch, does that person not also deserve our sympathy?
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Most adult witches were also initiated as children. They also did not have a choice and probably still don't know the consequences of their actions because they never knew any better.

And so, even is someone is a confirmed witch, does that person not also deserve our sympathy?
Well I've not been a witch wizard before, but I figure that a grown adult who was initiated as a child should be able to renounce or whatever at some point. Lol

Having sympathy depends solely on perspective. Looking on from the outside, it could be easy for you to have sympathy.
But I don't think sympathy comes easy when you're the one with a relative who was confirmed to dabble with mystical powers or belongs to an occultic sect.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold: you really don't believe this right?

I actually do!
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

Well I've not been a witch wizard before, but I figure that a grown adult who was initiated as a child should be able to renounce or whatever at some point. Lol

Having sympathy depends solely on perspective. Looking on from the outside, it could be easy for you to have sympathy.
But I don't think sympathy comes easy when you're the one with a relative who was confirmed to dabble with mystical powers or belongs to an occultic sect.

I'm not very sure about the dynamics, but I don't think witchcraft and occultism are quite the same thing.

Witchcraft is more of a possession by evil spirits. Most people are not even aware they are possessed, or even know the true influence of their powers.

Occultism is much more systemic and clearly pre meditated.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 8:01am On Jul 21, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

cheesy

As a Christian, if you want forgiveness from God, you NEED to forgive whoever offended you. And forgive them 70 * 7 in a day. If you are struggling with unforgiveness/ bitterness, pray about it. smiley

That aside, we mix up forgiveness with sweeping things under the carpet.

Forgiveness is compulsory, going back might not be necessary although we all want mercy.

Forgiveness is also not taught from a scriptural angle, it is taught from the cultural angle hence wives are more 'pressured to forgive than husbands'. Forgiveness is not gender biased.

Even if the wife in the video wanted to continue the marriage // (while you can separate if an unbelieving spouse initiated it, i don't know if you can remarry), she ought to have engaging discussions with the man.

Where did things go wrong? When did they stop to communicate? What about his Christian values? Is he born again? Has he seen the light because the pastor said so or because he has realized his wrongs? What happens if same scenario plays out tomorrow? Etc.

Then they draw out a plan/family board.

I don't even think the wives forgive in the true sense: they are just bugged down and continue the marriages without properly going through the steps of reconciliation growing into bitter women.

Forgiveness comes easily to me with friends and family, as a matter of fact I never hold unto any anger towards anyone.

But with my husband it's a completely different thing. I guess because I believe even if the whole world is against me, this person should be solidly behind me. And then I ask myself, would I do this to him? If the answer is no, it makes it even worse.

I forgive oh, but I never forget. embarassed. embarassed

I still keep saying that I married the best man (probably why I'm still married). When I see what women are going through, I marvel at their patience. I just don't have it in me!

I agree that a lot of women are living with resentment, but some really do forgive. Some not only forgive, they still show these men love. Believe me, I've seen it happen.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 8:02am On Jul 21, 2020
UjuJoan2:

I'm not very sure about the dynamics, but I don't think witchcraft and occultism are quite the same thing.

Witchcraft is more of a possession by evil spirits. Most people are not even aware they are possessed, or even know the true influence of their powers.

Occultism is much more systemic and clearly pre meditated.
I gues you're right
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Sixfeetbelle: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

How do you know witches don't hide their craft, met one?

The link I shared only showcases witches who wanted to be photographed. Most are not so out there.

Okay. I see
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Alexaonfleek: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hmmm.
So if the pastor didn't assure the man of the wife's innocence,he simply wouldn't have bothered bringing her back.

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by cococandy(f): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

Lol, why was the post you quoted hidden? What did you report it for?

If I want a post to be hidden, I wouldn’t quote it in my own post thereby giving it more visibility via my own quote. Common sense right?

But since you got to that fine conclusion all by own genius, have fun. And a nice day while you’re at it.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

My purpose here is not to prove that the woman in the story is not a witch, far from it. I only commented with the intention to correct the lady who tried to discount the existence of witches generally.

Honestly, anyone who truly does not to believe in the existence of witchcraft should also not believe in oxygen. Balance is essential to human existence and wherever good exists, evil does also. Light exists, so does darkness.

Oxford University with its acclaimed status has dedicated resources to studying witchcraft and its history and came up with materials validating its existence and the supernatural, its not something that should be discounted simply on the basis of 'I don't believe'.

LMAO

You believe in oxygen or you know that it exists?

Did Oxford prove the effects and effectiveness of witchcraft? cheesy
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
cococandy:
because there’s America in the description doesn’t make them any more witches than these cocopuffs in this story.

Because they believe they are and openly practice their trade doesn’t actually make them so.
At least not in the supernatural “powerful” way that people believe witches have power.
Like someone can be an alfa, native doctor and witch in their garb and what they call themselves.

Doesn’t mean they have the power they try to convince people they do.

I am not sure he read the link he posted. One of these women who identifies herself as a witch was reluctant to be photographed due to possible ridicule. And I am yet to see American children accused of witchcraft ending up in the streets or women being divorced for the same reason. Totally nuts!

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

I am not sure he read the link he posted. One of these women who identifies herself as a witch was reluctant to be photographed due to possible ridicule. And I am yet to see American children accused of witchcraft and ending up in the streets or women being divorced for the few of it. Totally nuts!
Totally not the reason I shared that stuff, it was simply to show the existence of witchcraft.

Only one of the bunch was reluctant to be photographed, others were not. Your point?
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

LMAO

You believe in oxygen or you know that it exists?

Did Oxford prove the effects and effectiveness of witchcraft? cheesy
Your point is not being made. Get to it so I can respond appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

Your point is not being made. Get to it so I can respond appropriately.

You are intelligent enough to get my point but not confident enough to confess you totally missed the mark by comparing oxygen to witchcraft and misleading people by mentioning Oxford.
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

Totally not the reason I shared that stuff, it was simply to show the existence of witchcraft.

Only one of the bunch was reluctant to be photographed, others were not. Your point?

Just because someone says they are a witch does not mean they actually are or have any supernatural powers. If that is so then from now on I will identify myself as God. cheesy
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

You are intelligent enough to get my point but not confident enough to confess you totally missed the mark by comparing oxygen to witchcraft and misleading people by mentioning Oxford.
You have still not made a point. What's your issue with Oxford? They have no studies on withcraft, is this your point? cheesy
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

Just because someone says they are a witch does not mean they actually are or have any supernatural powers. If that is so then from now on I will identify myself as God. cheesy
Yup, and there are people who say they are homosexual and we all agree they're not insane.

So you're allowed to identify as god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

You have still not made a point. What's your issue with Oxford? They have no studies on withcraft, is this your point? cheesy

Have they proven that witches have superpowers or studied the practices of witchcraft and the persecution of witches in the Middle Ages? Which one is it? If by any chance they have proven that witches have superpowers and effective spells, kindly direct me to this research because I will consider the use of witchcraft in my life. grin
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

Yup, and there are people who say they are homosexual and we all agree they're not insane.

So you're allowed to identify as god.

You are not your best self today.

Call me God from today on. Worship me. I could curse or bless you. You never know. wink

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

Have they proven that witches have superpowers or studied the practices of witchcraft and the persecution of witches in the Middle Ages? Which one is it? If by any chance they have proven that witches have superpowers and effective spells, kindly direct me to this research because I will consider the use of witchcraft in my life. grin
You're twisting yourself into various shapes just to accommodate your disbelief.

All I ever stated was that there are studies proving the existence of witchcraft. This would encompass witches, sages, fortune-telling, black magic, occultism, etc.

You're quite good at sourcing links & posting articles if I remember correctly. Perhaps you should do that on this subject if it means that much to you.

2 Likes

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Unnerve: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:

You are not your best self today.

Call me God from today on. Worship me. I could curse or bless you. You never know. wink
If it makes you sleep better.

Cheers
Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by Hathor5(f): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Unnerve:

You're twisting yourself into various shapes just to accommodate your disbelief.

All I ever stated was that there are studies proving the existence of witchcraft. This would encompass witches, sages, fortune-telling, black magic, occultism, etc.

You're quite good at sourcing links & posting articles if I remember correctly. Perhaps you should do that on this subject if it means that much to you.

Oh no no no, you took it many steps further. You even stated that there are children witches insinuating that they have some dark supernatural powers so I am asking you again: Is there any credible study/research/proof that witchcraft is effective?

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by poshestmina(f): 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
UjuJoan2:

There are levels to this forgiveness thing.

My husband cheated on me ,right in my face!!!

I left to my family... We settled after so many families meeting and agreements.

I forgave because he WAS SINCERELY SORRY and remorseful till as I'm typing this .( In my mind,yeah).

But I'm not sure if I'd forgive a husband that labeled me a witch , abandoned me (definitely doesn't love me),gave me a bad image , accused me of adultery , ABANDONED HIS KIDS angry angry angry angry angry, prolly flaunting the new woman/women.

I'd definitely be a bad Christian too . DEFINITELY!!!

1 Like

Re: Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch by UjuJoan2: 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
poshestmina:

There are levels to this forgiveness thing.

My husband cheated on me ,right in my face!!!

I left to my family... We settled after so many families meeting and agreements.

I forgave because he WAS SINCERELY SORRY and remorseful till as I'm typing this .( In my mind,yeah).

But I'm not sure if I'd forgive a husband that labeled me a witch , abandoned me (definitely doesn't love me),gave me a bad image , accused me of adultery , ABANDONED HIS KIDS angry angry angry angry angry, prolly flaunting the new woman/women.

I'd definitely be a bad Christian too . DEFINITELY!!!

Lol cheesy cheesy

Some women really believe in this whole marriage is forever thing. Even when the man marries another wife, they stay and fight for his affection. I've seen it happen in this our modern era.

May God not let the one we cannot ensure come to us sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abakaliki Women And Manual Labour: How Do You See Them? / Advice Me: How Should I React To My Wife About TTC / Please I Want To Sue My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.