Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,647 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. (8896 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
uwaifiokun:

Why are we alarmed.The UK is not better than nigeria in any thing,except for those who have not been there.

What is ur bases of comparing both countries? I mean like-to-like
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by chic2pimp(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
beknown:

There is no need to panic about this.

If the UK carry out their threat, they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Foreign students in the UK today are mostly Africans and Asians. Nigeria takes the greater share of student numbers from Africa. India takes the greater share of student numbers from Asia.

If the UK authorities cut visas to Nigerians and Indians, it will have knock-on effect on some colleges. Some colleges and even Universities may closedown.

The fees for foreign students keep increasing without control. Nigerian and Indian students are helping the UK with huge money pot for studies.

Time will tell because when Nigeria gets better, UK will not see many students from Nigeria anymore.

Right On. Few years from now, Oxford,Cambridge,UCL,LSE and Imperial might no longer exist.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
chic2pimp:

Right On. Few years from now, Oxford,Cambridge,UCL,LSE and Imperial might no longer exist.

Some of you are not real, all those institutions will exist without Nigeria and Indian students.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by chic2pimp(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^^^Can't you tell that I was being sarcastic?
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by r231(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
oh well
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
I dont get
the video is 2.22.41 hours long if i start watching it from there thats the end of the video
where does the debate about Nigeria start from please
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2011
am surp
Even the Keith Vaz chairing the debate is an immigrant from Yemen
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2011
joxiri:

I dont get
the video is 2.22.41 hours long if i start watching it from there thats the end of the video
where does the debate about Nigeria start from please

Thanks for pointing that out, start watching from 0.28.57/2.22.41.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
yea I was just about to post that
well its their loss like the Elizabeth mclaren said students would just go elsewhere if they make
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
well its their loss like the Elizabeth mclaren said students would just go elsewhere if they make changes
 but  dont the majority of Nigerian students come to the uk to do higher degrees like bachelors and masters rather than come to learn English
 because I dont think that many Nigerians go to the so called bogus colleges to study English as Nigeria is a commonwealth country already
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
joxiri:

well its their loss like the Elizabeth mclaren said students would just go elsewhere if they make changes
but dont the majority of Nigerian students come to the uk to do higher degrees like bachelors and masters rather than come to learn English
because I dont think that many Nigerians go to the so called bogus colleges to study English as Nigeria is a commonwealth country already

The changes will hit mainly those who use the college short cut to enter the UK and disappear, genuine Nigerian students will be fine.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2011
exactly
so i dont think its much of a problem at all
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by Emmz(f): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2011
Ever since the Abdulmutallab saga all those countries that have been looking for the perfect avenue to treat us really bad have now gotten the chance.

I returned from Nigeria to the UK just two days ago and mehn what i saw was not a pretty sight.

Apparently the plane from Lagos and one from Hong-kong arrived almost at the same time. I was on the second line or let me say second and a half line.

Our plane landed at 4.30 i got out of immigration at 6.20 almost pissing 2hours maite. They were just taking their time scrutnizing Nigerian passenger's

documents, details etc but they weren't really doing that to the chinese.

I saw a couple of Nigerians they asked to go sit in the corner and wait. I was so sad for them.

It is really sad.

I could tell that most of these pple were embarrased.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by reucom: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2011
Everything works together for good anyway. I see no reason why people should worry themselves actually, they are charging what they themslves can't afford to pay and still want to stress generous people? They are having a laugh
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
Emmz:

Ever since the Abdulmutallab saga all those countries that have been looking for the perfect avenue to treat us really bad have now gotten the chance.
I returned from Nigeria to the UK just two days ago and mehn what i saw was not a pretty sight.
Apparently the plane from Lagos and one from Hong-kong arrived almost at the same time. I was on the second line or let me say second and a half line. Our plane landed at 4.30 i got out of immigration at 6.20 almost pissing 2hours maite. They were just taking their time scrutnizing Nigerian passenger's documents, details etc but they weren't really doing that to the chinese.I saw a couple of Nigerians they asked to go sit in the corner and wait. I was so sad for them.It is really sad. I could tell that most of these pple were embarrased.
Nigerians!! we are always quick to blame everyone else for our prob, what do you expect when our reputation is nothing to write home about.
UK and other countries has to do everything in their power to fish out the dubious ones among us.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2011
reucom:

Everything works together for good anyway. I see no reason why people should worry themselves actually, they are charging what they themslves can't afford to pay and still want to stress generous people? They are having a laugh

This is not about fees, its about the abuse of student visa by some Nigerians
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by Emmz(f): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
justwise:

Nigerians!! we are always quick to blame everyone else for our prob, what do you expect when our reputation is nothing to write home about.
UK and other countries has to do everything in their power to fish out the dubious ones among us.

I am not blaming anybody i am simply saying things have gotten worse. We had a bad reputation before with the fraud thing but with Abdumutallab's act things have gotten worse. Or have you forgotten that he was in the UK as a student before he tried to bomb pple up.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by reucom: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2011
You people don't seem to know that a lot of british and americans get deported as well because they overstay, its not just africans who overstay and they shouldn't not be singled out all the time
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by CILondon: 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
quote by beknown
"Time will tell because when Nigeria gets better, UK will not see many students from Nigeria anymore."

Yes, but when will Nigeria get better. people have been waiting more than 30 years,
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by Longlife01(m): 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
Since our education is not good and pretty worst. so we gotta run to UK to have a sound education.!!
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by mrofficial(m): 11:49pm On Feb 08, 2011
I wonder if you're being paid in defending U.K, every time. angry I've read some of your posts. Omo ale ni e!
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by yommyuk: 12:58am On Feb 09, 2011
wink
This is not about fees, its about the abuse of student visa by some Nigerians
wink
The changes will hit mainly those who use the college short cut to enter the UK and disappear, genuine Nigerian students will be fine.
wink

The truth is bitter smiley
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by yommyuk: 1:03am On Feb 09, 2011
I've read some of your posts. Omo ale ni e!

angry angry angry

The only Omo ale that I can identify here are those who are tarnishing the name of Nigeria (Our Motherland) hence spoiling it for everyone else and those among us who turn a blind eye to it. sad
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by zibby(m): 1:21am On Feb 09, 2011
Yet another nail in the coffin of Nigeria's reputation. Just great. sad

(sigh) I keep going on about when I used to defend Naija at every turn, until I saw enough instances of fraud from my people and had to keep quiet. We truly have brought this shameful reputation on ourselves. I don't know why we do it, I don't know when we intend to stop, but I pray to God that things will change someday. I'm sorry if I sound jaded, but this topic really vexes me.

If you check the embassy websites of may countries, Nigeria is already in a high risk category along with Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq and similar countries! It's a real shame. Such an intelligent nation. Such a tragic misapplication of intelligence.

Allow me a second or two to weep.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by lastpage: 1:23am On Feb 09, 2011
Gentlemen,
Lets take it easy! wink
U.K is good because it is culturally close to Nigeria, loads of friends there and the language is friendly!
Simply put, any Nigerian will settle down in the U.K,  faster than anywhere else in the world grin

Having said that, if you're not the home-sick type like me,
Pack your bags and head to the nearest Swede Embassy or ANY Scandinavian Country for that matter!

You will be shocked that the same Course you pay a fortune for (enough to build a Bungalow!) in U.K, is free in those countries! shocked shocked shocked

Moreso, you will live happily without all the "ojoo" looking at you like you're an "ALIEN" from Mars! wink

FREE, FREEEE, FREEEEEE EDUCATION!  cool cool

Abeg, make U.K go siddon jooo.

BTW: This is not new or news, l am sure a lot of people here already know this?
Whats the British shakara all about? angry angry
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by yommyuk: 2:02am On Feb 09, 2011
I don't want to sound like an UNCLE TOM, but u peeps have suddenly put words in my mouth.

Whats the British shakara all about?

UK                                       NAIJA
         Population                   60MILLION                          140MILLION
      TOTAL GDP PA              $2.2TRILLON                       $250MILLION
RANK IN THE WORL                  5TH                                        41

With the above they have the right to shakara shocked cool
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by OlokoNla1(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2011
There is no need to panic about this.

If the UK carry out their threat, they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Foreign students in the UK today are mostly Africans and Asians. Nigeria takes the greater share of student numbers from Africa. India takes the greater share of student numbers from Asia.

If the UK authorities cut visas to Nigerians and Indians, it will have knock-on effect on some colleges. Some colleges and even Universities may closedown.

The fees for foreign students keep increasing without control. Nigerian and Indian students are helping the UK with huge money pot for studies.

Time will tell because when Nigeria gets better, UK will not see many students from Nigeria anymore

I assume by 'time will tell' you mean in the next 3million light years right? thou must be a joking charlatan
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by seye4nii(f): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2011
Omo ale ni won;,,,, [we knw dem].
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2011
lastpage:

Gentlemen,Lets take it easy! winkU.K is good because it is culturally close to Nigeria, loads of friends there and the language is friendly!Simply put, any Nigerian will settle down in the U.K,  faster than anywhere else in the world grin
Having said that, if you're not the home-sick type like me,Pack your bags and head to the nearest Swede Embassy or ANY Scandinavian Country for that matter!You will be shocked that the same Course you pay a fortune for (enough to build a Bungalow!) in U.K, is free in those countries! shocked shocked shocked
Moreso, you will live happily without all the "ojoo" looking at you like you're an "ALIEN" from Mars! wink
FREE, FREEEE, FREEEEEE EDUCATION!  cool coolAbeg, make U.K go siddon jooo.BTW: This is not new or news, l am sure a lot of people here already know this? Whats the British shakara all about? angry angry
Very soon those countries will ban Nigeria or put a very tough immigration rule in place cos of Nigerians.
Many of u shouting down the UK govt are blinded to the main issue here. Some Nigerians CAN NOT BE TRUSTED, we abuse every system we step our foot into. Every country got the right to protect their system from abuse.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by Ranoscky(m): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2011
Fukk U.K
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by samsjoke(m): 8:59am On Feb 09, 2011
This is not news. Its only propaganda. If not for the kind of money the British economy is making from Nigeria they would have done worse. The only thing is that they can only make it tighter and more expensive but people will still go. A friend of mine works for a university in UK and every year they have programmes for people that have the money and requirements to come and study in the UK. These people spend alot of money on these programmes. Do u think they will waste all that money if Nigeria is not a gold mine? The only reason why other European countries and their universities can't do the same is because of the language barrier.
All I say is this, if you really want to study in the UK no matter what laws the British foreign office brings, money is money and business is business, you will still go.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 9:27am On Feb 09, 2011
As from september this year Universities will no longer be tuition free in Sweden

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Development (Pictures). / Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) / Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.