Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo (47521 Views)

Victor Osimehn’s Amazing Stats For Lille This Season / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Hez143(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:
Why are people fighting over penalties??

It's actually dumb Eibarman fans who are looking for every available means to undermine Cristiano.

Penalties that have been a deciding factor in games from time immemorial... No need listening to the clowns called Cules.

I rather score penalties and get criticized than lose a penalty and lose international trophy thereby relegating me to the 2nd best my country as ever produced grin
deep bro,but am afraid I support you.
#teamronaldo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by WaywardSon(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Messi is football

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by fredoooooo: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Penaldo na penaldo grin

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:

Messi= Eibar man with 6 Ballon d'ors
Cristiano= Eder man with 5 Ballon d'ors grin

Lol... We all know Cristiano is the Portuguese greatest ever player, however Pessi is still 2nd to Maradona... How I wish he scored his penalty then grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
Just another thread to draw comparisons and give some jobless youths the avenue to throw banters at themselves.

1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by sylve11: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
dahgifted:
Like for LIONEL, share for CHRISTIANO.

gerraway jare. embarassed cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Whobedatte(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
Overrated penaldo has played 12 penalties in the league alone this season .
How can almost half of your total goals be from the spot , and you want to compare yourself with a lewandoski who scored 34 goals in the bundesliga with fewer penalties ?
Or a Messi with highest no of goals and assists in the league since Henry in Arsenal 2003/2004 season ?
Ronaldo is so overrated he can only measure with goals through penalties , jumping like an antelope tongue

9 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Akintade07: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
Bornfool:
My Ronaldo will still be the real goat no doubt only a idiot we deny that make sure sense dey your head before you quote me
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by dahgifted(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
sylve11:

gerraway jare. embarassed cool
Bleep you
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Dalil8: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
There's only one GOAT i know .

Cristiano Ronaldo

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Slynation(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Na una sabi....
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

Lol... We all know Cristiano is the Portuguese greatest ever player, however Pessi is still 2nd to Maradona... How I wish he scored his penalty then grin
Yes, he was crowned the Portugese player of the year in 2013 when he has not won anything for Portugal!!!

The rest is Eder and Bernaldo Silva's masterclass!!

Portugal has not won any final in their entire History (even with Cristiano) until Eder played in Euro 2016 final!!!

Cristiano= Eder man grin

Mbappe will become better than Maradona after he get 1 UCL Trophy!! That is how weak Maradona is compared to Messi!!!

Hand of FRAUD goal Merchant grin

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
My signature is more important
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by ThierryJay: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
What's this confused CR7 fan trying to achieve with this? The facts as at today remains as follows:

Messi has scored 90 penalties out of 116 attempts
CR7 has scored 125 penalties out of 149 attempts

Conclusion: CR7 is a better penalty taker and a better stats padder! However, he can never be the GOAT on account of penalty prowess. GOATs have very high standards that cannot be watered down by penalties. We reject every attempt by CR7 fans to crash the standards for supreme football brilliance with penalty considerations.

9 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Hydronium(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
IMHO, (and I'm not a bigoted football fan), Messi is a most prodigious player, I respect him, he's a demigod in his own right, but until he can traverse the top leagues with their corresponding peculiarities, and triumph, Ronaldo remains the greatest player. You can't keep playing one mode and call yourself a champion, be versatile, challenge yourself regularly. Then you can sit at the top of the hall of fame.
My take.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Oghenerobo2002(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Penalties are the sole reason why Messi hasn't won any tangible trophy for Argentina.

To be the best, you have to master all tenets of soccer such as Heading, Penalties, Freekicks, outside shot, one on one situations and dribbling.

Ronaldo has it all.
Ronaldo has not scored any free kick for 2 years

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
Dalil8:
There's only one GOAT i know .

Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano vs Ajax Teenagers??
(When Perez and Sir Alex effects are absent) grin

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
sylve11:
All these messi small children fans worldwide sef. Only the mature messi fans understand sey Penalty na panalty and if e result to goal, goal na goal.

This stats nor concern me sha.

Not a fan of any of them, though.... cool

Shut up there and stop be sentimental. When the game is on penalty is the act of claiming another man's sweat. Had which they put a law that the player that was foul that resulted to the pk Ronaldo wouldn't be playing the pk. After another player must have struggled to achieve a goal and he was fouled they will give it to another another person who is waiting to tap in that he should come and play it. You think about it.
Let me open your eyes. They are giving Ronald those penalties to keep him relevant in the world of football if not he is out of purpose. Without the penalty you will not hear of him for two to three weeks/month because debala are the ones doing the scoring there.

5 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Penalties are the sole reason why Messi hasn't won any tangible trophy for Argentina.

To be the best, you have to master all tenets of soccer such as Heading, Penalties, Freekicks, outside shot, one on one situations and dribbling.

Ronaldo has it all.
Same penalty is the reason why we have this meme grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hydronium:
IMHO, (and I'm not a bigoted football fan), Messi is a most prodigious player, I respect him, he's a demigod in his own right, but until he can traverse the top leagues with their corresponding peculiarities, and triumph, Ronaldo remains the greatest player. You can't keep playing one mode and call yourself a champion, be versatile, challenge yourself regularly. Then you can sit at the top of the hall of fame.
My take.
Messi is not a Sporting Lisbon graduate!!

Any village graduate must travel..

It is Cristiano's destiny to travel!!!

Compare Cristiano to his fellow Sporting Lisbon graduates only!!

Figo, Nani, Bruno Fernandez etc

Stop using Messi as a validation for Cristiano's career!! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
JesusJesus:
There's only one G.O.A.T
The only you guys bring messi up is by bringing Ronaldo down. Shameless fanbase
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by sheyitokz(m): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
both players are good but cr7 good pass gULder itself jawe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Onozboy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
We know our Goat grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Same penalty is the reason why we have this meme grin
2015 Copa America final ever ring a bell to you??

Your penalty theory is very wrong!!!

Eder man missed his Penalty against Chelsea in 2008 UCL final but Man United still went ahead to win the Trophy..

That is because he had good teammates!!!

When Messi scored his Penalty in 2015 Copa America final, how come Argetina did not win the Trophy then??

Bad teammates!! They all missed!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
dahgifted:
Like for LIONEL, share for CHRISTIANO.
I'm a CR7 fan but i liked because i don't know a footballer called CHRISTIANO
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by SUPERPACK: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:

Barcadog for a reason. The one he scored after league resumption is throwkick abi?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
2015 Copa America final ever ring a bell to you??

Your penalty theory is very wrong!!!

Eder man missed his Penalty against Chelsea in 2008 UCL final but Man United still went ahead to win the Trophy..

That is because he had good teammates!!!

When Messi scored his Penalty in 2015 Copa America final, how come Argetina did not win the Trophy then??

Bad teammates!! They all missed!!!
Oga go rest... Get a job instead quoting people posts in every Messi linked threads. Everyone must not prefer him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
Whobedatte:
Overrated penaldo has played 12 penalties in the league alone this season .
How can almost half of your total goals be from the spot , and you want to compare yourself with a lewandoski who scored 34 goals in the bundesliga with fewer penalties ?
Or a Messi with highest no of goals and assists in the league since Henry in Arsenal 2003/2004 season ?
Ronaldo is so overrated he can only measure with goals through penalties , jumping like an antelope tongue
If you think half of 30 is 12 then your parents wasted money to send you to school

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Oga go rest... Get a job instead quoting people posts in every Messi linked threads. Everyone must not prefer him.
I just hate Propaganda!!
Cristiano is only at Immobile's level this season!!

Nothing should be exaggerated!! undecided

That peak Henry stat tho grin

Seriously speaking, Messi is the best ever player in the history of this sport called Football!!!

6 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by AustineJohn908(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:

And Yet he has more Freekick than Messi. how Ironical!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:

You sure?
Watch ball una no go watch... No be only 2 years, na him entire career.
Cules = braindead

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Photo Of His Twin Daughters - Ava and Mia / Euro 2020 Golden Boot Standings: Who Are The Top Scorers? / Chiamaka Nnadozie, The First Goalkeeper To Keep Clean Sheet In World Cup History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.