Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo (47393 Views)

Victor Osimehn’s Amazing Stats For Lille This Season / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
I just hate Propaganda!!
Cristiano is only at Immobile's level this season!!

Nothing should be exaggerated!! undecided

That peak Henry stat tho grin

Seriously speaking, Messi is the best ever player in the history of this sport called Football!!!
Your opinion! Now go and get a job

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Anny505(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
So you mean someone has scored 17 penalties in a single season, and some people are actually complaining about RONALDO scoring 12 penalties.

Ororo abeg make sure all your other league goals from now on mek e b PK, mek some people die of hatred

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hydronium:
IMHO, (and I'm not a bigoted football fan), Messi is a most prodigious player, I respect him, he's a demigod in his own right, but until he can traverse the top leagues with their corresponding peculiarities, and triumph, Ronaldo remains the greatest player. You can't keep playing one mode and call yourself a champion, be versatile, challenge yourself regularly. Then you can sit at the top of the hall of fame.
My take.

Mr man show me the person who lives his life backward. You are in a club that has offered you what you have ever needed. You are the highest paid. Na you will na jump to a club that will put you on a lower paid. Ronaldo left real Madrid because of his wages. He also left man u because of his wages. But messi is in a club whatever he ask for they will give him. No one argues with him, he is part of the club. Had which Madrid gave Ronaldo what he wants he wouldn't be in Juventus today. Those clubs you mention that he went to, he did not go there because of challenges, he went there because of the wages. You don't dare to live your life backward. Real Madrid has been able to prove to him that with Ronaldo they can still achieve what they wants......Modric

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

In this Buhari era?? undecided
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Babaj145(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

If you think half of 30 is 12 then your parents wasted money to send you to school

Lol..messi fans are always dumb as usual..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by tonguengineer(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Penalties are the sole reason why Messi hasn't won any tangible trophy for Argentina.

To be the best, you have to master all tenets of soccer such as Heading, Penalties, Freekicks, outside shot, one on one situations and dribbling.

Ronaldo has it all.

I gave up when you said Ronaldo can dribble

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Exmilitant(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
ThierryJay:
What's this confused CR7 fan trying to achieve with this? The facts as at today remains as follows:

Messi has scored 90 penalties out of 116 attempts
CR7 has scored 125 penalties out of 149 attempts

Conclusion: CR7 is a better penalty taker and a better stats padder! However, he can never be the GOAT on account of penalty prowess. GOATs have very high standards that cannot be watered down by penalties. We reject every attempt by CR7 fans to crash the standards for supreme football brilliance with penalty considerations.
and what is the very high standards of GOATS? Oh, bribing your way to get the Ballon d'or on two occassion? Now i understand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
In this Buhari era?? undecided
Just make yourself more useful instead of shouting in all messi related thread like a mad man.. He's the best to you but can never be the best to everyone and him being the best won't benefit you one bit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Whobedatte(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

If you think half of 30 is 12 then your parents wasted money to send you to school
So Almost half is same as half .
You need healing seriously as your brain is malfunctioning cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
Babaj145:

Lol..messi fans are always dumb as usual..
Too too dumb... Mostly kids that can't look at things critically.
They are the type that will say okocha is greater than etoo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Maobichek: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:

Messi= Eibar man with 6 Ballon d'ors
Cristiano= Eder man with 5 Ballon d'ors grin
Let clarify this once and for all. ln the world of football, world cup trophy remains the most important and not UEFA champions league, champions league is Europe alone but world cup is the whole world and all the continent football bodies comes together under world cup which is played once every four years. In FIFA rating till date, Messi and Rinaldo are not equal to Pele, Brazil won world cup 5 times and Pele under Brazil won it 3 times. Pele have a special place in FIFA that is till he dies. When you say the greatest of all in the leather round object game, Ronaldo and Messi join together are not equal to Pele. I follow both Ronaldo and Messi on Instagram and I have hard them talk about Pele. This piece is to guide you aright when you talk about the greatest of all in football, thank you.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Babaj145(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
Gregorian2020:

Mr man show me the person who lives his life backward. You are in a club that has offered you what you have ever needed. You are the highest paid. Na you will na jump to a club that will put you on a lower paid. Ronaldo left real Madrid because of his wages. He also left man u because of his wages. But messi is in a club whatever he ask for they will give him. No one argues with him, he is part of the club. Had which Madrid gave Ronaldo what he wants he wouldn't be in Juventus today. Those clubs you mention that he went to, he did not go there because of challenges, he went there because of the wages. You don't dare to live your life backward. Real Madrid has been able to prove to him that with Ronaldo they can still achieve what they wants......Modric

And who told u ronaldo left man u because of his wages.. Man u were ready to offer peak Ronaldo any amount be would have asked for..common we are talking about d newly crowned best player in d world then..he was a treasure to man u and sir Alex Ferguson In particular.. Infant he was begged and persuaded to stay for one season b4 he made d transfer to Madrid..ronaldo never made it a secret dat it was his dream to play for Madrid..his move wasn't about money bro, it was about legacy and playing for his dream club..and who also told u be left Madrid for juve because of money Someone dat took a pay cut in order make the transfer and if u check well he is even receiving less money than he was receiving at Madrid...so tell me how d move was about money??..

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Maobichek:
Let clarify this once and for all. ln the world of football, world cup trophy remains the most important and not UEFA champions league, champions league is Europe alone but world cup is the whole world and all the continent football bodies comes together under world cup which is played once every four years. In FIFA rating till date, Messi and Rinaldo are not equal to Pele, Brazil won world cup 5 times and Pele under Brazil won it 3 times. Pele have a special place in FIFA that is till he dies. When you say the greatest of all in the leather round object game, Ronaldo and Messi join together are not equal to Pele. I follow both Ronaldo and Messi on Instagram and I have hard them talk about Pele. This piece is to guide you aright when you talk about the greatest of all in football, thank you.
Are you saying Maldini is not equal to Varane??

Varane is greater than Maldini because of his World cup??

Materatzzi is greater than Nesta because of his World cup??

Don't allow those old school glory hunters to brainwash you!!

World cup is the greatest, yes!!

But winning it with the help of a star studded team(Pele) OR with a Hand of FRAUD goal(Maradona) don't make you the best ever!!

May be the best in thier times tho!!!

6 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Just make yourself more useful instead of shouting in all messi related thread like a mad man.. He's the best to you but can never be the best to everyone and him being the best won't benefit you one bit.
I know about Messi and Cristiano's career even prior to Social Media age..
I can tell you categorically that , "Eibar man" is far better than "Eder man" grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Goalnaldo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
Comparing Messi to the greatest player to ever kick the ball (Cristiano) is disrespectful. Messi is not even the greatest in Argentina. Di Stefano and Maradona are ahead of him.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Alfredibaba: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
We re tired of Rolando and Messi Saga. We gat better things o jare
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by mdchikezie(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Penalties are the sole reason why Messi hasn't won any tangible trophy for Argentina.

To be the best, you have to master all tenets of soccer such as Heading, Penalties, Freekicks, outside shot, one on one situations and dribbling.

Ronaldo has it all.

ode wetin be this?

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Openbusiness4: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
Penaldooooooooo grin, if not for penalty, Ronaldo for dey drag total goals scored with people like Rooney grin

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by mdchikezie(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Ronaldo has it all.

ode wetin be this?

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by mdchikezie(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

HOW MANY JOBS DO YOU HAVE
OGA CEO OF EMPLOYMENT

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
mdchikezie:

HOW MANY JOBS DO YOU HAVE
OGA CEO OF EMPLOYMENT
Carry your toxicity out of my mention.. Messi isn't better! If you don't like it go hug transformer

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
I know about Messi and Cristiano's career even prior to Social Media age..
I can tell you categorically that , "Eibar man" is far better than "Eder man" grin grin
Yes... In Barcelona
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Yes... In Barcelona
in the World cup history too..

Eder man has no World cup Legacy!!

Modric reminded us in 2018!!

Eibar man has a World cup Golden ball, assist record(one of the best ever) and World cup dribbling record to his name

He did all these without any Hand of FRAUD goal!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by charlesm91(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:

Ronaldo has not scored any free kick for 2 years
person wey recently score fk for juve

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by charlesm91(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Babaj145:

And who told u ronaldo left man u because of his wages.. Man u were ready to offer peak Ronaldo any amount be would have asked for..common we are talking about d newly crowned best player in d world then..he was a treasure to man u and sir Alex Ferguson In particular.. Infant he was begged and persuaded to stay for one season b4 he made d transfer to Madrid..ronaldo never made it a secret dat it was his dream to play for Madrid..his move wasn't about money bro, it was about legacy and playing for his dream club..and who also told u be left Madrid for juve because of money Someone dat took a pay cut in order make the transfer and if u check well he is even receiving less money than he was receiving at Madrid...so tell me how d move was about money??..
barca fans are good at selling an agenda that if not for the informed many would buy their twisted tales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by k2money(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
I wonder why a sane man will talk rubbish of Ronaldo and Messi when in real life they are bigger than their whole generation.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by blackgold90(m): 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Messi better than Ronaldo 1000 times.

What people like about Ronaldo is because he is handsome and tall.

But inches pitch you see Messi is king and reflected in 6world best and playing works cup final

4 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by oluwaahmed: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hydronium:
IMHO, (and I'm not a bigoted football fan), Messi is a most prodigious player, I respect him, he's a demigod in his own right, but until he can traverse the top leagues with their corresponding peculiarities, and triumph, Ronaldo remains the greatest player. You can't keep playing one mode and call yourself a champion, be versatile, challenge yourself regularly. Then you can sit at the top of the hall of fame.
My take.

Your challenge argument is flawed because CR7 went to the top clubs at their prime that had top quality players in all department. If Ronaldo went to an AC Milan, or played for an Everton, or Valencia and is this good then he will undisputed be the GOAT. But he went to MAN U, MADRID & JUVE clubs that always finished in top 2 every season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
in the World cup history too..

Eder man has no World cup Legacy!!

Modric reminded us in 2018!!

Eibar man has a World cup Golden ball, assist record(one of the best ever) and World cup dribbling record to his name

He did all these without any Hand of FRAUD goal!!
Ok, i guess you'll have a very good sleep tonight

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by GIdiata(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Centrallock:
Ronaldo is not penaldo after all. You mean messi took 19 penalties in a single season. Wow

he(Messi) the god took 19 penalties and ended the season with 73 goals

Penaldo/Tap-indo took 16 but couldn't manage 70 goals.
difference of 3 abi?

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Ok, i guess you'll have a very good sleep tonight
After Udinese stopped the 'Eder man' from getting a penalty??

Nope!! My sleep is not dependent on that!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Ademola Lookman Helped Everton Defeat Manchester City. PICS / Serena Williams Cries After Losing Wimbledon Final To Angelique Kerber (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.