Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo (47444 Views)

Victor Osimehn’s Amazing Stats For Lille This Season / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
2015 Copa America final ever ring a bell to you??

Your penalty theory is very wrong!!!

Eder man missed his Penalty against Chelsea in 2008 UCL final but Man United still went ahead to win the Trophy..

That is because he had good teammates!!!

When Messi scored his Penalty in 2015 Copa America final, how come Argetina did not win the Trophy then??

Bad teammates!! They all missed!!!
thanks my brother...the way ronaldo fans think is amazing..they forget trophies are team based...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
mdchikezie:

show me ronaldo world cup cool

At least he get 2 national team FIFA recognized trophies grin...

Show us Messi Copa America bro grin...

Una badluck no allow Messi win anything because God dey see una heart grin.. we fir no hear word....

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:

It is a penalty shootout!!

Messi scored his own penalty

All his teammates missed!!

Hold on, are you mistaken Messi for Higuain, the finisher in the team??

A finisher without a Golden boot just like Crisitiano, the 'Eder man' grin

Since pessi is not a penalty merchant, why did he let the match get to penalties?? Wasnt he supposed to dribble Gary medel and co to score against Navas grin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

So Messi was waiting for penalties from his team mates to win international trophy?? Why couldn't he score or play 100000 passes during normal game time?? Oh, I guess Argentina doesn't hold possession like Varcelona, right??
why didn't roanldo score in all the finals portugal won as a team?? Only for the same ronaldo to hold the cup like he added any value whatsoever to the match..not even assists..

Watch all the finals played by ronaldo for Portugal and same for messi for Argentina and compare their work rates and value addition..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

Since pessi is not a penalty merchant, why did he let the match get to penalties?? Wasnt he supposed to dribble Gary medel and co to score against Navas grin?
like ronaldo ever scored in a finals for portugal or even provided an assist to the scorers..

Abeg make we hear word..
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
why didn't roanldo score in all the finals portugal won as a team?? Only for the same ronaldo to hold the cup like he added any value whatsoever to the match..not even assists..

Watch all the finals played by ronaldo for Portugal and same for messi for Argentina and compare their work rates and value addition..

All Portugal team tournament, Ronaldo has always been the best player since he became the captain save for the 2019 UNL where he didn't play all the matches.... I know you won't even know that Ronaldo is the player with the most goals and assists in European National teams competitions grin

Since Messi plays finals so good, why doesn't he score?? Why doesn't he assists?? Why wait to get to penalties, when he knows he'd lose it his teammates will??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
like ronaldo ever scored in a finals for portugal or even provided an assist to the scorers..

Abeg make we hear word..

Euro 2016, he was Portugal best player.. scoring 3 goals and providing 3 assists... He was injured in the finals...

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

Euro 2016, he was Portugal best player.. scoring 3 goals and providing 3 assists... He was injured in the finals...
and his team mates still won the finals without him..

Did you watch quaresma in that tournament and also the doggedness of pepe...or even nani??

Please replay that euro competition...check the work rates of the other Portuguese players and also watch the finals..

I know you would say ronaldo coached then to win the finals...

Eider delivered portugal to win that cup and then we won't hear word again..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

All Portugal team tournament, Ronaldo has always been the best player since he became the captain save for the 2019 UNL where he didn't play all the matches.... I know you won't even know that Ronaldo is the player with the most goals and assists in European National teams competitions grin

Since Messi plays finals so good, why doesn't he score?? Why doesn't he assists?? Why wait to get to penalties, when he knows he'd lose it his teammates will??
you are still asking the same question that you cant answer for ronaldo...ronaldo partook of the uefa country competition finals against Holland and couldn't score a goal or even give a meaningful assist...

Ronaldo has never been actively involved in all the finals played by Portugal and yet they won...

Messi plays every single thing for the argentine team..from goal scoring to assists...

Ronaldo doesn't do any in finals...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
and his team mates still won the finals without him..

Did you watch quaresma in that tournament and also the doggedness of pepe...or even nani??

Please replay that euro competition...check the work rates of the other Portuguese players and also watch the finals..

I know you would say ronaldo coached then to win the finals...

Eider delivered portugal to win that cup and then we won't hear word again..

Bro, you and I know Eder is the last person anyone will pick yo score such a goal from that distance.... That's how God works, to humble people... Assuming it was Ronaldo that scored that goal, you Messi fans would have had it hotter grin

However we need to peek from the group stage up to the finals... Ronaldo, Nani and Pepe were the real men
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
I am also waiting for ronaldo to win the best player or golden ball or boot in any tournament for country competitions...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

Bro, you and I know Eder is the last person anyone will pick yo score such a goal from that distance.... That's how God works, to humble people... Assuming it was Ronaldo that scored that goal, you Messi fans would have had it hotter grin

However we need to peek from the group stage up to the finals... Ronaldo, Nani and Pepe were the real men
there's nothing like had it been..ronaldo should have scored it...

The base point is: the portugues team were an outstanding team..they were close knit and focused..

Even if ronaldo had his 2 legs tied in a knock out game they would still scale thru..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by TomJosh: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
oluwaahmed:

Your challenge argument is flawed because CR7 went to the top clubs at their prime that had top quality players in all department. If Ronaldo went to an AC Milan, or played for an Everton, or Valencia and is this good then he will undisputed be the GOAT. But he went to MAN U, MADRID & JUVE clubs that always finished in top 2 every season.

Wats dis one saying. So u expect him to go to teams in like championship or Italy Seria B

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Maobichek: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
eni4real:
Are you saying Maldini is not equal to Varane??

Varane is greater than Maldini because of his World cup??

Materatzzi is greater than Nesta because of his World cup??

Don't allow those old school glory hunters to brainwash you!!

World cup is the greatest, yes!!

But winning it with the help of a star studded team(Pele) OR with a Hand of FRAUD goal(Maradona) don't make you the best ever!!

May be the best in thier times tho!!!
My intension is not to instigate argument. Thank you for accepting that world cup is the greatest, in my post, I didn't mention Maradona but Pele alone. I watched Ajax (Overmas, Kanu, Edger Davis, Seedorf etc) won champions league, I watched Madrid won champions league against Bayan Leverkusen. this will show you that I have watched champions league for years. Ronaldo and Messi are good but in the world of football, Pele is still the greatest as far as world cup still remains the highest football tournament.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
you are still asking the same question that you cant answer for ronaldo...ronaldo partook of the uefa country competition finals against Holland and couldn't score a goal or even give a meaningful assist...

Ronaldo has never been actively involved in all the finals played by Portugal and yet they won...

Messi plays every single thing for the argentine team..from goal scoring to assists...

What does Messi do in finals?? Please I would like to know??

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
I am also waiting for ronaldo to win the best player or golden ball or boot in any tournament for country competitions...

He has won golden ball in FIFA club world cup competitions

He won top scorer award in 2019 UNL

He won silver award and gave it to Nani in 2016
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Penalties are the sole reason why Messi hasn't won any tangible trophy for Argentina.

To be the best, you have to master all tenets of soccer such as Heading, Penalties, Freekicks, outside shot, one on one situations and dribbling.

Ronaldo has it all.
So, all these u mentioned are all the "tenets" of soccer...SMH
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Onozboy(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
i thought you wanted to present a world cup to roanldo...you should have fixed a world cup in his arms like for Maradona and pele...mtsheew
Na u sabi tongue
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

Can you name the player with the highest successful dribbles in a single match, in football history?? I'm waiting grin
Jokerman, is this you??....I know all your lies
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

He has won golden ball in FIFA club world cup competitions

He won top scorer award in 2019 UNL

He won silver award and gave it to Nani in 2016
grin grin

Chaii...

Golden ball or boot na him i ask for oo...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
obonujoker:

What does Messi do in finals?? Please I would like to know??
assists..dribbles..creating chances despite been man marked by 3 to 4 players..

Thats messis story..

Ronaldo that they provide thru passes to would still be missing in action during finals for portugal..
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Onozboy:

Na u sabi tongue
grin
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by mystical109(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
Maobichek:
My intension is not to instigate argument. Thank you for accepting that world cup is the greatest, in my post, I didn't mention Maradona but Pele alone. I watched Ajax (Overmas, Kanu, Edger Davis, Seedorf etc) won champions league, I watched Madrid won champions league against Bayan Leverkusen. this will show you that I have watched champions league for years. Ronaldo and Messi are good but in the world of football, Pele is still the greatest as far as world cup still remains the highest football tournament.
I don't think the world cup is still the holy grail of football,the ballon d'or is. Players prefer winning the ballon d'or than the world.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 12:02am On Jul 24, 2020
Techiekingee:

Jokerman, is this you??....I know all your lies

Lol... I'm not jokerman o... Shuu.... Although we are both Ronaldo fans grin
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
assists..dribbles..creating chances despite been man marked by 3 to 4 players..

Thats messis story..

Ronaldo that they provide thru passes to would still be missing in action during finals for portugal..

To what end are the dribbles, assists or creating chances in 4 finals Messi has featured??

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 12:11am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

Did Maradona score in the final of the only world cup he ever won ?? And did u c the way he held the cup... Did messi score in the final of the last time barca win champions league, did Kanu score on the final against Argentina to hand Nigeria gold medal , did Yekini score in the final of Tunisia 94 when nigeria win the trophy, did zidane score in the final of euro 2000 to hand France the European trophy , did eto score in the final of the CL against bayern when he was at inter to win the trophy , the last time Germany won the world cup , did klose or Muller score in the final?? When Spain win their only world cup , did villa score I the final despite scoring in almost every game leading to the final as he scored more than half of the goals Spain had in south africa ... all u guys especially moronic eni4real are all re.tards ... and bitter souls ... messi has only scored Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran and Serbia in his entire world cup history ... someone that hasn't played in a CL final since 2015 lol... u guys ain't serious ... half of his goals after covid were penalties and no one is complaining cos it's part of football... just because ronaldo is good at it, u condemn him... go to basketball and ask them to also kill off free throws ... Italy, Brazil used penalties to win world cup , penalties had been in existence b4 dem born Ronaldo mama .. dont hate the player , hate the game

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

Again , no one cares about work rate , all we want is who won it ... did u know Maradonas work rate against Germany in the world cup final of 1990?? U certainly dont care about it , u only remember that germany won by scoring a penalty ... Ronaldos work rate was better than messis in the 2009 final of the CL but no one remembers , we can only remember that barca won that day
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Again , no one cares about work rate , all we want is who won it ... did u know Maradonas work rate against Germany in the world cup final of 1990?? U certainly dont care about it , u only remember that germany won by scoring a penalty ... Ronaldos work rate was better than messis in the 2009 final of the CL but no one remembers , we can only remember that barca won that day
my goodness.. ronaldos work rate better than messis work rate in the 2009 finals??..please you need to go back and re watch that match..do you know the havoc messi wreaked on the man u defense?? Please go and watch the match again..

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 12:22am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

Has messi ever assisted or scored in a final ?? That's y they say messi fans are retar.ds... has Thierry Henry ever scored or assisted in a final b4 ??

So because trezeguet scored the winning goal against Italy in 2000, it means he was better than zidane and henry ... or because Mario gotze scored in the final, that means he was better than Muller and klose ... so if higuain scored that night abs win the world cup for Argentina, it will mean higuain was more relevant than messi ... u messi fans are suffering from brain tumor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 12:28am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Did Maradona score in the final of the only world cup he ever won ?? And did u c the way he held the cup... Did messi score in the final of the last time barca win champions league, did Kanu score on the final against Argentina to hand Nigeria gold medal , did Yekini score in the final of Tunisia 94 when nigeria win the trophy, did zidane score in the final of euro 2000 to hand France the European trophy , did eto score in the final of the CL against bayern when he was at inter to win the trophy , the last time Germany won the world cup , did klose or Muller score in the final?? When Spain win their only world cup , did villa score I the final despite scoring in almost every game leading to the final as he scored more than half of the goals Spain had in south africa ... all u guys especially moronic eni4real are all re.tards ... and bitter souls ... messi has only scored Nigeria, Bosnia, Iran and Serbia in his entire world cup history ... someone that hasn't played in a CL final since 2015 lol... u guys ain't serious ... half of his goals after covid were penalties and no one is complaining cos it's part of football... just because ronaldo is good at it, u condemn him... go to basketball and ask them to also kill off free throws ... Italy, Brazil used penalties to win world cup , penalties had been in existence b4 demanded born Ronaldo mama .. dont hate the player , hate the game
you have actually helped us exonerate messi when his team mates refuse to actively deliver for argentina..you have actually with all your examples buttress the effect of team football...

These are the reasons why ronaldo could ever enjoy any trophy with Portugal and not because he is the GOAT..your ilks here make it look like it was solely because of ronaldo Portugal won the euros 2016...

3 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
my goodness.. ronaldos work rate better than messis work rate in the 2009 finals??..please you need to go back and re watch that match..do you know the havoc messi wreaked on the man u defense?? Please go and watch the match again..

Which havoc?? Do u know how many completed dribbles, shots on goal/ target and chances created ronaldo had in that game ??
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by MrMou: 12:30am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

You suppose know say retar.ded penaldo sycophants must always add lie na grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Caption This Picture From Euro 2020 Final / Chelsea Fan Dies In Ghana After Barcelona Defeat (Photo) / Lionel Messi Tells Ronald Koeman That He Does Not See His Future At Camp Nou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.