Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. (2298 Views)

Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Who Was Ismaila Funtua Before 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
Before we unravel the many thoughts of Nigerians about the trend that have sparked a debate on the chances of an Igbo president come election 2023, or the idea that the Igbo people feel marginalized in the country when it comes to politics, let us first talk about the origin of this Twitter trend.

The Igbo trend on Twitter ignited after a video of late Ismaila Isa-Funtua surfaced on social media. In the video, the business mogul was addressing a question that called for his opinion on the alleged marginalization of Igbo people feeling. Isa’s answer suggests the Igbo people are somehow responsible for their own alleged marginalization – he said in the video: “If they deserve to be president of Nigeria they should belong to a party… It is not turn by turn Nigeria…”

The post spurred serious debates on Twitter. Many people are now exploring the idea of having an Igbo president (or not) in the coming election. While some called for Nigeria to be restructured to accommodate the Igbo people, others pointed out that Nigerian elections and the presidency is not a matter of ethnicity but a matter of National Politics – They seem to share Isa’s point that claims Nigeria not to be a ‘turn by turn” country.

At every slight opportunity, these debates come up. Ismail Isa Funtua’s death and the video that went viral is the latest trigger for this one today on Twitter and Igbos will continue to trend and make their case known every other week until the Presidential Primaries take place in 2023

https://ynaija.com/presidency-2023-igbo-people-are-making-a-case-against-nigeria/

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by SLAP44: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Before you cry too much about this your obvious pain, remember that your people never got any better because of the presidency after 8 years. The current president has lost over 30 000 of his brothers to avoidable deaths even as he is the man on top, so who presidency epp?

Opening 10 threads about Igbo affairs daily can only contribute to your remaining in your low position.

Maybe you should first chew on that and cry for you own people first. Charity begins at home.

18 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Baawaa(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
President of Biafra or what
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by LaboPolitics: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ewedu muslim litanies of lamentations. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by eagleu: 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
He spoke against God, and he passed. Any surprise?
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Beremx(f): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Who Igbo presidency wan help?

Igbos are doing great and they will do greater without an Igbo President

Igbo Amaka!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Dedetwo(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Beremx:

Igbo Amaka!! cheesy

Why would a real son or daughter of Igbo get entangle with dirty presidency of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by sharonihemena: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
It will only be fair for the Igbos to produce the next President.
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by FirstSon01: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Igbo's can't win elections by creating one million threads on nairaland daily. An Igbo president can only come by having a formidable candidate in one of the major parties. They should go and work on themselves and prepare solidly like other tribes have been doing many years before now. Buhari contested and lost a lot of elections before 2015 when he was able to get emotions running high in the major voting populations.
My two cents cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Beremx(f): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dedetwo:

Why would a real son or daughter of Igbo get entangle with dirty presidency of Nigeria?
I just wonder Dede m. Don't mind Rochas and Kalu who are clamouring for presidency for their selfish interest.

Ndi ara
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by flokii: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
The only set of people waiting for Nigerians they hate and curse daily to dash them presidency.. others are forming alliances, building bridges while they are there hoping on propaganda and blackmail of Yorubas to make them president. Una go tey for bus stop.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Muna4real(f): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
FirstSon01:
Igbo's can't win elections by creating one million threads on nairaland daily. An Igbo president can only come by having a formidable candidate in one of the major parties. They should go and work on themselves and prepare solidly like other tribes have been doing many years before now. Buhari contested and lost a lot of elections before 2015 when he was able to get emotions running high in the major voting populations.
My two cents cheesy

How did you prepare for obasanjo's victory. Please educate us.
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
If you like open 1000 threads to feed your obsession with Igbos Nobody send you, I couldn't care less about an Igbo presidency

4 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by FirstSon01: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
Muna4real:

How did you prepare for obasanjo's victory. Please educate us.

Obj was already a very popular army General and fmr head of state imprisoned by a new military govt, so when Gen. Abdulsalami wanted to apologize to Yorubas for June 12 he released him to come contest the election. Check well most early democratic rulers are all retired generals who left the army to still retain power as civilians under "lawful rule" for example David mark, Buhari, Yar Adua, Obj. They've been preparing for it for a long time. No one will just wake up one day and just hand over presidency to a certain tribe. There are a lot of politicians eyeing that post already so the best will obviously take it.
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by mightyhazell: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Beremx:

Igbo Amaka!! cheesy
Igbos are not befitting of presidency,but fit for paying taxes and making supreme sacrifices for Nigeria..

igbos are not fit to rule Nigeria,but your nepa bill carrying amiable general is fit to be campaigned for to rule Nigeria abi..

Eghu ogoja!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by IamWonderful: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
Igbos at the stage of denial in psychopathic state.
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Muna4real(f): 3:41am On Jul 22, 2020
FirstSon01:

Obj was already a very popular army General and fmr head of state imprisoned by a new military govt, so when Gen. Abdulsalami wanted to apologize to Yorubas for June 12 he released him to come contest the election. Check well most early democratic rulers are all retired generals who left the army to still retain power as civilians under "lawful rule" for example David mark, Buhari, Yar Adua, Obj. They've been preparing for it for a long time. No one will just wake up one day and just hand over presidency to a certain tribe. There are a lot of politicians eyeing that post already so the best will obviously take it.

You are dodging the question. You said that igbos should work on themselves and prepare solidly like other tribes have been doing. Oya tell me how you prepared for obasanjo's victory, how the north prepared for yaradua's victory, and how the ijaws prepared for Jonathan's victory, and then you should tell me whether igbo were wrong in voting for them. Start with obasanjo.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Amatarasha(f): 4:20am On Jul 22, 2020
After allegedly fvcking the tight pussy of Islam Rekhina this dude has gone mad with Igbo obsession ,
Jati jati angry angry sad
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Amatarasha(f): 4:24am On Jul 22, 2020
flokii:
The only set of people waiting for Nigerians they hate and curse daily to dash them presidency.. others are forming alliances, building bridges while they are there hoping on propaganda and blackmail of Yorubas to make them president. Una go tey for bus stop.
yorubas building bridges by imposing buhari okwaaya? Do you know amount of humans sliding into my DM begging me for alms? That bridge u built d repercussions are ahead ,mark my word

I just hate politics section flowing with cursed n blind humans am out

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 4:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Beremx:

Igbo Amaka!! cheesy

grin grin
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 4:48am On Jul 22, 2020
Amatarasha:
After allegedly fvcking the tight pussy of Islam Rekhina this dude has gone mad with Igbo obsession ,

shocked shocked
Person no fit show you something behind door again o. Amatarasha...Kaai! shocked cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by SaintBeehot(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
grin grin grin
you dy hear o, I no want here say they marginalized we ipob people o

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by oyatz(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2020
Are you serious with this weighty allegation because I know someone who is already madly in love with Rekhina?

Amatarasha:
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by mightyhazell: 6:52am On Jul 22, 2020
Muna4real:

You are dodging the question. You said that igbos should work on themselves and prepare solidly like other tribes have been doing. Oya tell me how you prepared for obasanjo's victory, how the north prepared for yaradua's victory, and how the ijaws prepared for Jonathan's victory, and then you should tell me whether igbo were wrong in voting for them. Start with obasanjo.
u dey mind them . Igbo don't build bridge,but ask an hausaman how many bridges they built in Nigeria... perhaps slaughtering people at the drop of a hat in their regions ....and now recently even in other people's territories is the new definition of bridge making.. igboman doesn't build bridge ,but we have supported everyother ethnic groups at one time or the other to rule.. who has ever supported an igboman to rule? has a yorobaman ever owned any meaningful investment outside of yorubaland? have u ever seen an hausa landlord outside of hausaland? That's the deception,which is nigeria
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Godfullsam(m): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2020
mightyhazell:
u dey mind them . Igbo don't build bridge,but ask an hausaman how many bridges they built in Nigeria... perhaps slaughtering people at the drop of a hat in their regions ....and now recently even in other people's territories is the new definition of bridge making.. igboman doesn't build bridge ,but we have supported everyother ethnic groups at one time or the other to rule.. who has ever supported an igboman to rule? has a yorobaman ever owned any meaningful investment outside of yorubaland? have u ever seen an hausa landlord outside of hausaland? That's the deception,which is nigeria

I can't remember when last the igbos produced a credible Presidential candidate from a very popular political party.

If an igbo man wants to contest, they themselves will be the one to talk him down.
For instance, if okorocha decide to contest under APC, an average igbo man will rather vote for atiku in PDP.

They will later turn around and be calling other regions Fulani slave and ass lickers.

Produce your candidate and you will be shocked with the supports you will get from other regions.

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Amatarasha(f): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2020
oyatz:
Are you serious with this weighty allegation because I know someone who is already madly in love with Rekhina?

The op is a cheap beg beg idle gigolo n the being with a short thick line in between is a society lady
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Amatarasha(f): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2020
MetaPhysical:

shocked shocked
Person no fit show you something behind door again o. Amatarasha...Kaai! shocked cheesy
Fvck you
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Rekhina(f): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2020
Amaratasha by Allah if I jam u ,
Na me u dey do madam kemi olunloya for
U are mad

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
Amatarasha:
Fvck you

Dont worry, my eyes is fixed on you, I know what you want. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Rekhina:
Amaratasha by Allah if I jam u ,
Na me u dey do madam kemi olunloya for
U are mad

grin. No mind am. She want something.
Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by MetaPhysical: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
SLAP44:
Before you cry too much about this your obvious pain, remember that your people never got any better because of the presidency after 8 years. The current president has lost over 30 000 of his brothers to avoidable deaths even as he is the man on top, so who presidency epp?

Opening 10 threads about Igbo affairs daily can only contribute to your remaining in your low position.

Maybe you should first chew on that and cry for you own people first. Charity begins at home.

Anambra people should not comment at all on Igbo presidential ambition. You are no longer eligible.

I dont want to hear from you on any topic discussing Igbo 2023 presidential interest. Allow eligible sub-Igbo groups to contribute.

Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, Ikwerre, Anioma.
These are eligible people and is where the PDP Presidential candidate must come from. Not from Anambra, not Abia.

I copied your Anambra brothers below. grin

Cc
Imhotep
Lzaa

1 Like

Re: Igbo 2023: A Blowout By Isa Funtua Before He Passed. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Anambra people should not comment at all on Igbo presidential ambition. You are no longer eligible.

I dont want to hear from you on any topic discussing Igbo 2023 presidential interest. Allow eligible sub-Igbo groups to contribute.

Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, Ikwerre, Anioma.
These are eligible people and is where the PDP Presidential candidate must come from. Not from Anambra, not Abia.

I copied your Anambra brothers below. grin

Cc
Imhotep
Lzaa
where is our wife?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amotekun Cadets In Search Of Fulani Terrorists In Kishi Forest in Oyo state(vid) / You Eliminated ESN Members To Allow Armed Fulani Kill Igbos - HURIWA Slams Buhar / Ijelespeaks releases tape that might end Nnamdi Kanu's live - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.