Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. (9596 Views)

A Man Sick With Stroke Pictures Among Picture Discovered In Epkeye Shrine / Otu Odu Practice In Anambra And Anioma Part Of Delta State / Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

We Urhobos don't force people to be part of us. We have since given the Isokos their freedom from the Urhobo nation even though there is no difference between the Isokos and the Urhobos culturally. The Isoko and Urhobo language are 99.9 percent the same. We have the same customs, we eat the same food, bear the same name, the same dressing but the Isokos said they don't want to be part of the Urhobo nation and we have given them freedom. We don't force people to be part of us sir unlike what the Igbos are doing to the Ikwerres. For your information, Urhobo and Isoko are much more similar than Igbos and Ikwerres but the Urhobos are not saying the Isokos are Urhobos and we have since put it in our minds that they are Isokos and not Urhobos.

Stop writing trash.
Isoko has always been independent of Urhobo since colonial times. They started asserting their distinction from Urhobo to the colonial masters.
This wasn't the same with the Igboids in Delta and Rivers.
The equivalent of Igbo vs Igboids would Urhobo vs Okpe. Okpe recently are seeking independence from Urhobo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

It might take a long time to change that mentality but I believe it will change one day.we all know the truth.
The similarity with Igbos is just too close almost 80%my question for my rivers brothers is simple though I don't support break up of Nigeria unlike the southeast igbos but if it eventually happens who will the rivers igboid people go with, the Igbos or the ijaws and ibibio to become minorities in the Niger delta
In KD i have come across Igbos from Delta who feel they're are igbos like the Igbos from the East but some still prefer you add "Delta igbos " for reasons known to them
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2020
Blackking98:

Exactly, you don't see we ibibios forcing efiks in Cross river or Annang or Oro or eket even though we're atleast 80% the same. Everyone should be free to choose his path

Its not same.

Oro, Annang, Obolo, Ibibio, Efik, have always maintained and insisted on independence from each other from colonial days and all colonial documents recorded them as independent groups.
This wasn't same for Ikwerre and co. They were always comfortable in Igbo skin until 1970.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Yeah..they clearly don't wanna be associated with the South east for reasons I don't know...

One was bearing a Benin surname and an Igbo Middle name...

I asked him weda he was Benin...No
what of Igbo....No

Wetin he come be.... Igbanke...

Omo...I Jus weak
You can't blame them. Politics is very tough and the first thing for any specie to consider is survival. He's clearly apolitical hence he said he's Igbanke. If he's a bit political, he'd have said 'he's Ika' because that's a better group name to use in identification. If he was very political and know his history well, he'll tell you he's Igbo. So don't blame him.
Let me ask you. If you see someone from Oza-nogogo with an Edo name, will he easily tell you that he's Bini? Oza-nogogo is in Ika North-East near Agbor.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

Hahaha it seems you don't get it. Isokos are not Urhobos and they aren't part of us. And for your information, the president general of Urhobo Progress Union, the umbrella body of Urhobo nation made up of the 24 clans of Urhobo is from Okpe clan of Urhobo. Okpe people will decide that not you. When they want to leave Urhobonation, they will do as the Isokos did with Isoko Development Union (IDU). We don't force people to be Urhobos.

Go to the palace of the Orodje of Okpe and tell him they are not Urhobos and see if you will leave the palace alive with your Igbo cursed behaviour.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2020
My SE brethren, we should ignore threads
like this as much as possible.
our elders would say that no matter the ugliness of the vulture ,it's still a bird ,while despite the beauty of the white rat ,it's still a common rat.
when the day of reckoning arrives,we would see if the bat would claim to be a member of the council of birds,mammals or a flying rodent

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Blackking98(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2020
Jakemedg:

That's why I'm asking why do you feel they aren't part of the SS?.
That you are an Ijaw in Ondo, Rivers and not Bayelsa (Predominantly Ijaw land) doesn't make you less Ijaw.
Dah
Are you daft?
When did I say igbos are not part of SS?
If you have problems reading and comprehending don't quote me thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by WorWorBoy: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2020
Jakemedg:

That you are an Ijaw in Rivers and not Bayelsa (Predominantly Ijaw land) doesn't make you less Ijaw.

Explain this part cause i'm lost here. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Blackking98(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

When did ijaw and ibibio agree?where was the meeting held? You guys will never seize to amaze me grin grin I don't support biafra neither do I support Niger delta.Niger delta is dead on arrival and can never work you think anyone want to live in country where ijaws will be majority with the land grabbing tendencies people who claim almost all the coastal lands and rivers in Nigeria. that what I said earlier people are not realistic with themselves.
Ok
I don't think I can converse with a "one Nigeria at all cost" person like u.
Have a good day,don't quote me anymore, I won't quote you either. Bye

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

So this thing is everywhere I notice the itshekiris too deny yorubas even though the similarity is 90%.
While the Yorubas in Kogi rightly feel they're Yorubas like the Yorubas from the West.
Nigeria entirely is so complicated
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Blackking98(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2020
Yujin:

Agreed 100%. My advice is to start pushing for it at present. Nigeria is dead already. Don't foot drag about it. Good luck on your Niger Delta republic.
Good luck to biafra too bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

So this thing is everywhere I notice the itshekiris too deny yorubas even though the similarity is 90%.

Itsekiri was at no time in history grouped as a Yoruba subgroup.

They have always maintained their independence from the Yoruba Union from the very beginning.

Ijebu also maintained their independence at the beginning but the emergence of Awolowo an Ijebu man as Yoruba leader, changed the Ijebu disposition towards Yoruba union pre independence.

6 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:

.They're Ijaws in Rivers state and Ondo state though in minority
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2020
Blackking98:

Like who?
Why are you so dreamful of Biafra yet you get really uneasy when Niger Delta is mentioned? So me as an ibibio boy has nothing to do with the ocean or rivers? Or the ijaws? Or the ogonis? Or the urhobo?

You seemed not be correct for once. You could have scored direct hit if you referenced Republic of Igbo land. I am sold on the Republic of Igbo land which could make certain entities in southern Nigeria very expendable.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Graysons: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:

he's saying the ijaws in rivers state should pack their bags and go to Bayelsa ( where they belong according to him) they do not belong in rivers state. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Itsekiris are quite different from Yorubas and they've always been like that for over 200 yrs now. They're among the first people to meet the European explorers and their history is clear enough. In the 60s when a vote was cast to remain with the Yorubas or move to Midwest, they choose to leave the Yorubas clearly because they're not Yorubas. Their language is Yoruboid though.

10 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2020
Blackking98:

Good luck to biafra too bro.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Blackking98(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2020
Dedetwo:

You seemed not be correct for once. You could have scored direct hit if you referenced Republic of Igbo land. I am sold on the Republic of Igbo land which could make certain entities in southern Nigeria very expendable.
Republic of Igbo land or biafra, you still catch the cruise of what I'm saying.
My question is, you dream of a republic of all igbos irrespective of the geopolitical zone they're found in but whenever an ijaw or ibibio or ogoni man talks about Niger Delta republic you seem uneasy and start pointing out phantom reasons why it shouldn't hold. Just tell me why you behave like that.

7 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I've seen igbanke people that deny being Igbo even when dere name clearly state Igbo

Even Eshan people deny being Bini or Edo when their names state otherwise. I guess the shithole called Nigeria is filled with denial artists.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by WorWorBoy: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Graysons:
he's saying the ijaws in rivers state should pack their bags and go to Bayelsa ( where they belong according to him) they do not belong in rivers state. grin grin

Well, he's ignorant if he thinks so.

4 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2020
Yujin:

You can't blame them. Politics is very tough and the first thing for any specie to consider is survival. He's clearly apolitical hence he said he's Igbanke. If he's a bit political, he'd have said 'he's Ika' because that's a better group name to use in identification. If he was very political and know his history well, he'll tell you he's Igbo. So don't blame him.
Let me ask you. If you see someone from Oza-nogogo with an Edo name, will he easily tell you that he's Bini? Oza-nogogo is in Ika North-East near Agbor.

Let me give you an insider information. The current Igbanke mainstream are breaking away from Ika tag. Their politicians and their lackeys in Edo government led by Gloria Adagbon are pushing for establishment of Igbanke ethnic nationality, distinct from Ika.

The idea is that claiming Ika is making them outsiders in Edo state, and tha their claims to Ika doesn't sit well with the Binis whose Bininization drive on Igbanke are on steroids.
Igbankes also feel left out and not being carried along by Ikas in Delta state.

So any Igbanke that tells you he is Igbanke, is actually political. Because that's the current political decision of the people. The apolitical ones among them will tell you that they are Ika.

5 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Graysons: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2020
Graysons:
Nope Graysons i never said that
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2020
Blackking98:

Republic of Igbo land or biafra, you still catch the cruise of what I'm saying.
My question is, you dream of a republic of all igbos irrespective of the geopolitical zone they're found in but whenever an ijaw or ibibio or ogoni man talks about Niger Delta republic you seem uneasy and start pointing out phantom reasons why it shouldn't hold. Just tell me why you behave like that.

It is unfortunate most Nigerians seem to think for another Nigerian. I do not give a ratass about your silly geopolitical zone in Nigeria. And definitely do not give a slightest hoot if Niger Delta becomes a superpower. All I care is for an unconditional actualization of Republic of Igbo land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by IDENNAA(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

I doubt if you are Etche because as a Rivers man from Ikwerre, i know and have etchie friends who know their history which is not related to Igbo.

If you are truly etche then you’re a disgrace to etchie people. You went to the university in Lagos, instead of you to form your cultural group, you decided to join igbo cultural group. The etches in Rivers state universities do they have their own cultural group or join the igbos? Of course they have their own cultural group in Rivers state universities but yet you went to Lagos to betray your people that is why i doubt if you’re truly Etche.

Another thing is that, you lack true history. If you don’t know your history, then you don’t know where you come from, and that is your problem.

Ikwerre,Ekpeye, Ogba and Etche people are not Igbos and have never been Igbos.

8 likes for this rreetarded drool !

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Allen102: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2020
Jakemedg:

That you are an Ijaw in Ondo, Rivers and not Bayelsa (Predominantly Ijaw land) doesn't make you less Ijaw.

The ijaws in rivers state belongs in Rivers State and nowhere else.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:

Come on an Ijaw from Rivers state is also a Rivers man.
What I wanted you to know is that there are significant Ijaw population in Ondo and Rivers though in minority outside Bayelsa (Predominantly Ijaw land).it's unfortunate you got it twisted. I was talking to the other fella

3 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=Oghene1st post=91975453][/quote]
I've met an Okpe guy who told me he's not Urhobo. I asked him what the difference was and he couldn't give me any clear answer. Personally, I see both Isokos and Urhobos as the same people. After reading a lengthy piece from Obaro Ikime on the subject matter, all I could get is just the overbloated need for recognition of clan identity mostly for political expediency. It was difficult for me to understand why a brilliant Professor like him will stick to the dichotomy but then it's non of my business.
One thing all these tribes in the South are doing don't know is that they appear foolish before others just because of leadership failure. No big tribe is made up of one clan. Even the Jews who could trace their history to one man- Abraham later became 12 tribes of Israel with dialectical differences. Remember the 'Sibboleth and Shibboleth' story they used to identify one specific tribe? Even they later had the Samaritans different from the Jews but today the story has changed. They're looking all over the world for their people with a DNA match to claim. No more you're this or that.
When danger lurks, all these divisions will cease.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

Stop writing trash.
Isoko has always been independent of Urhobo since colonial times. They started asserting their distinction from Urhobo to the colonial masters.
This wasn't the same with the Igboids in Delta and Rivers.
The equivalent of Igbo vs Igboids would Urhobo vs Okpe. Okpe recently are seeking independence from Urhobo.

Isoko was part of Urhobo until 1957 when Chief James Otobo influenced the creation during his tenure in Western House of Assembly, Ibadan.

Even till now, you won't hear any Isoko song without adding Urhobo to it. like 'Isoko and Urhobo' which shows that they still recognise the unity then. But still yet, Urhobo nor carry am for head like una Igbos. Igbos for worst pass white for colonialism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Blackking98(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2020
Dedetwo:

It is unfortunate most Nigerians seem to think for another Nigerian. I do not give a ratass about your silly geopolitical zone in Nigeria. And definitely do not give a slightest hoot if Niger Delta becomes a superpower. All I care is for an unconditional actualization of Republic of Igbo land.
You definitely do.
Yet you antagonize me for defending my people always.
Resist the urge to shalaye bro.
Have a good day and stop hatin on your neighboring tribes because of simple disagreement
Bye

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2020
Allen102:

The ijaws in rivers state belongs in Rivers State and nowhere else.
Allen102 yes Ijaws in Rivers state are part and parcel of Rivers just like the Ogonis, Ikwerres, Kalabaris, and the rest.
You obviously got it wrong
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

Its not same.

Oro, Annang, Obolo, Ibibio, Efik, have always maintained and insisted on independence from each other from colonial days and all colonial documents recorded them as independent groups.
This wasn't same for Ikwerre and co. They were always comfortable in Igbo skin until 1970.

Bro this is the epitome of Nigeria where seemingly intelligent folks allow ethnical bias to becloud their articulation. The Ikwerre peep who after Nigeria\Biafra war spearheaded "Ikwerre are not Igbo", gained admission into the university as Igbo, gained commission into Nigerian army as Igbo, ran for his dear life from Kaduna to Enugu during the pogrom saga in 1966 as Igbo and become a vice principal in a high school as Igbo only turn around claimed Ikwerre are not Igbo when he sneaked back to Port Harcourt in 1968.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Shell To Pay $111m For Oil Spills In Nigeria / Not Tambuwal, See Those Who Ran Wike Street / Ijaw Monitoring Group Wants Sambo Deployed To Borno!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.