Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. (9598 Views)

A Man Sick With Stroke Pictures Among Picture Discovered In Epkeye Shrine / Otu Odu Practice In Anambra And Anioma Part Of Delta State / Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by OfoIgbo: 3:53am On Jul 22, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Let me break it down for you, I like your approach OP, no insult, no abuse, it is quite strange to me but you have done well in that part.

Igbos only influenced the riverine tribes, they are not the same with igbos, Igbos are travellers so their culture and language must have dominated the small tribes of the riverine area they migrated to. I have a documented article by a British man that visited the area in 1800. Another thing is that dressing like igbos and speaking igbos doesn't mean they are igbos, for example look at Yoruba cousin, the Igala, they belong to Yoruboid group, they wear clothes that look like Yoruba dress, our language is quite similar to theirs, so can you tell me, are igalas in Anambra Yoruba?

I understand some of your point, your family may be one of earlier igbos immigrant and you said, your elders have said they are not Igbos you can't know more than your elders.

Thanks

The bolded is further proof that you are still Yoruba instead of a southern minority.

Ikwerres and Etches claim that their ancestor was a man named AKALAKA, who came from Benin.
Akalaka is not a Bini word. The name is an Igbo word which means DESTINY.

Eventually NRI people will help decipher the extent of ana Igbo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by idahme(m): 5:05am On Jul 22, 2020
was waiting for you to say Ekpeye local government, remove Ekpeye from your list and continue your narrative elsewhere.
A distinct nationality has told you their history don't knw why people refuse to accept rather push their own agenda. Allow the sleeping dog to lie

7 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by lordonwils(m): 5:08am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:
My fellow etche , Ikwerre and ika brothers and sisters in this site let me tell you something.if Ikwerre and etche were carved into imo and Abia states we would be be claiming Igbos today.i once hate Igbos with passion because I believe they easily dominate wherever they go and they seem proud however I discover I was only hating on myself .I like digging deep and I found the truth which is we are a different dialects of the Igbo people.

I strongly believe The hatred and denial began during the civil war , because my father told me how ojukwu was conscripting ikwerre and etche children into the army against their parents will. most of the boys never came back home alive maybe they died in combat.he also said they denied being Igbos because they heard how Nigerian soldiers massacred innocent Igbo civilians whenever they conquered any territory
So denying Igbos was a way to save their ass because it was a genocidal war lets not let people separate us from our brothers nature will punish us for it. It's more like a North and South Korea thing political borders is just what separates us that's all.I

I see you are Etche. Please speak for only Etche and leave Ikwerre out of your history lessons. I am sure Ikwerre and Ekpye people know who they really are.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by idahme(m): 5:12am On Jul 22, 2020
lordonwils:

I see you are Etche. Please speak for only Etche and leave Ikwerre out of your history lessons. I am sure Ikwerre and Ekpye people know who they really are.

Really pathetic submission by the OP

8 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by selemempe: 5:20am On Jul 22, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
for example look at Yoruba cousin, the Igala, they belong to Yoruboid group, they wear clothes that look like Yoruba dress, our language is quite similar to theirs, so can you tell me are igalas in Anambra Yoruba?

I understand some of your point, your family may be one of earlier igbos immigrant and you said, your elders have said they are not Igbos you can't know more than your elders.

Thanks
I'm bookmarking this incase you decide to come and claim naija Delta tomorrow grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by selemempe: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2020
Tranquill:

So why do you think they were not carved into Imo and Abia? During the regional government when the Igbos were at the helm of affairs, did they see and treat these people as Igbos? Do your research and find out the atrocities these people suffered in their hands. Till now do they really see you as Igbo if not for their political convenience because they feel it's what gives them the right to say that they must include the South South in their Biafra instead of the true Biafra of the 5 Eastern States.

I would suggest that you make effort to convince the rest of your family members to accept being Igbo first before addressing other ethnic groups just based on your experience at Yaba polytechnic.
can you tell us with evidence what Igbos did to ikwere and ekpeye etc during the old eastern region
Look at this old document from 1960s...see what ikwere was described as?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by IDENNAA(m): 5:27am On Jul 22, 2020
Certain elements will not like this thread...lmao

Op, your elders know very well who they are and it's not Bini. Very silly...lmao

By the way , I am not here to force Ika and Ikwerre. I wish you guys the best in your sparkling brand new identity grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by selemempe: 5:27am On Jul 22, 2020
Tranquill:

Your response even suggests that you are actually from Umuahia and not Etche as you claim. Good luck.
see pains o shocked

10 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by IDENNAA(m): 5:33am On Jul 22, 2020
selemempe:
can you tell us with evidence what Igbos did to ikwere and ekpeye etc during the old eastern region

What non existent evidence. Ika and Ikwerre will never have a civil discussion with you because it will lead to actually examining real facts and these ppunks don't want facts. They want a made up story of Bini migration.

Onicha people were once like them until the Anambra experience. Soon , they realized the average Anambra will just laugh and ignore their ignorance. Today , the Onicha man has been humbled.

As for Ikwerre, one word ignore the nonentities and watch as they disappear. They are not worth the headache but I understand Ndigbo wanted a United Igbo nation that includes the Igboid.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Afam4eva(m): 5:35am On Jul 22, 2020
I've always maintained the fact that people are who they say they are whether or not they're playing politics with it and that is why for a while now i've come to accept Ikwerres as a distinct ethnic group because they're far gone and nothing can make them Igbo again. Infact, some of them have resorted to lies just to push this non-Igbo narrative but it's still acceptable, afterall there are are ethnic groups in other parts of the world that have similar language and culture.

Now for other Igboid groups in Rivers and Delta States especially Etche/Omuma, Ndoki, Aniocha/Oshimili, i've always wondered why they would deny being Igbo when they're the most Igbotic of the Igboid groups in Delta and Rivers state. For some reason, i can give a pass to Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ukwuani, Ika and Ndoni but the former groups i mention are unmistakably Igbo and not just because of language and culture but because they are contiguous with Igboland and if not for state creation that took them to a different state, they would have naturally been in either Abia/Imo or Anambra.

I like the fact that the OP opened his mind and did his research and come to a logical conclusion which is what many people cannot do because they want to take their current narrative to the grave. Even though i don't think you need a research to see that you are Igbo. By your language and the culture/traditions you practice, it should be seld evident.

13 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by selemempe: 5:37am On Jul 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

What non existent evidence. Ika and Ikwerre will never have a civil discussion with you because it will lead to actually examining real facts and these ppunks don't want facts. They want a made up story of Bini migration.

Onicha people were once like them until the Anambra experience. Soon , they realized the average Anambra will just laugh and ignore their ignorance. Today , the Onicha man has been humbled.

As for Ikwerre, one word ignore the nonentities and watch as they disappear. They are not worth the headache but I understand Ndigbo wanted a United Igbo nation that includes the Igboid.
you are right. Bini people whose surnames and village names is Igbo. Who occupied Igbo quotas in the old eastern region. Who continue to enjoy Igbo support to hold Delta and rivers state.
Very wicked and senseless people

5 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 5:57am On Jul 22, 2020
Tranquill:

So why do you think they were not carved into Imo and Abia? During the regional government when the Igbos were at the helm of affairs, did they see and treat these people as Igbos? Do your research and find out the atrocities these people suffered in their hands. Till now do they really see you as Igbo if not for their political convenience because they feel it's what gives them the right to say that they must include the South South in their Biafra instead of the true Biafra of the 5 Eastern States.

I would suggest that you make effort to convince the rest of your family members to accept being Igbo first before addressing other ethnic groups just based on your experience at Yaba polytechnic.
Son of the fallen demon... always seeking for ways to sow discord among Igbos. The thread was for Igbo groups but a smelly ewedu gubbler like you couldn't bear it hence you had to jump in and continue causing problems. The same you wish among Igbos will be in multiples among your people.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by IkwerrePikin: 6:10am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Bro don't take it personal I am not one of them grin grin when etche man leaves porthacourt he will know he is an Igbo man all my Yoruba friends here call me Igbo boy I have no choice.

I doubt if you are Etche because as a Rivers man from Ikwerre, i know and have etchie friends who know their history which is not related to Igbo.

If you are truly etche then you’re a disgrace to etchie people. You went to the university in Lagos, instead of you to form your cultural group, you decided to join igbo cultural group. The etches in Rivers state universities do they have their own cultural group or join the igbos? Of course they have their own cultural group in Rivers state universities but yet you went to Lagos to betray your people that is why i doubt if you’re truly Etche.

Another thing is that, you lack true history. If you don’t know your history, then you don’t know where you come from, and that is your problem.

Ikwerre,Ekpeye, Ogba and Etche people are not Igbos and have never been Igbos.

14 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 6:14am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Bro don't take it personal I am not one of them grin grin when an etchie man leaves porthacourt he will know he is an Igbo man all my Yoruba friends here call me Igbo boy I have no choice.

The only Nigeria\Biafra war induced denial of Igbo among Etche people comes from a delusional circle. The circle of so-called royal fathers who go by Ezeship yet want crude oil contracts and largesse from federal government. Other this class of goons, ordinary Etche person regards him\herself as Igbo. The denial of Igbo since after Nigeria\Biafra war is more pronounced among the so-called Ikwerre than any other subgroup of Igbo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by IkwerrePikin: 6:20am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Oooohhhhh shocked
Now I see the reason why, but that still doesn't change the fact that we are igbos.oyo empire did worse to their fellow yoruba states did they reject being yorubas...google Ikwere and etche and tell me the answer..i sense you are a Yoruba man I notice you guys hate Igbos a lot in this site..by the way no one it talking about biafra here.

He said google Ikwerre and etche and tell me the answer! Hahahaha

So you depend on google to know your history??

This igbo man claiming etche go and sleep.

You’re just fooling yourself. Someone even asked you if truly you’re etche, do you know more than your elders who say they are not igbos?? NO

No matter how you igbo miscreants try over and over again, it will not work.

6 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by wingmanIII: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

I doubt if you are Etche because as a Rivers man from Ikwerre, i know and have etchie friends who know their history which is not related to Igbo.

If you are truly etche then you’re a disgrace to etchie people. You went to the university in Lagos, instead of you to form your cultural group, you decided to join igbo cultural group. The etches in Rivers state universities do they have their own cultural group or join the igbos? Of course they have their own cultural group in Rivers state universities but yet you went to Lagos to betray your people that is why i doubt if you’re truly Etche.

Another thing is that, you lack true history. If you don’t know your history, then you don’t know where you come from, and that is your problem.

Speak for ikwerres if you are actually one. Etche is 100% Igbo. That is a fact, only a mischievous liar will argue.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Afam4eva:
I've always maintained the fact that people are who they say they are whether or not they're playing politics with it and that is why for a while now i've come to accept Ikwerres as a distinct ethnic group because they're far gone and nothing can make them Igbo again. Infact, some of them have resorted to lies just to push this non-Igbo narrative but it's still acceptable, afterall there are are ethnic groups in other parts of the world that have similar language and culture.

Now for other Igboid groups in Rivers and Delta States especially Etche/Omuma, Ndoki, Aniocha/Oshimili, i've always wondered why they would deny being Igbo when they're the most Igbotic of the Igboid groups in Delta and Rivers state. For some reason, i can give a pass to Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ukwuani, Ika and Ndoni but the former groups i mention are unmistakably Igbo and not just because of language and culture but because they are contiguous with Igboland and if not for state creation that took them to a different state, they would have naturally been in either Abia/Imo or Anambra.

I like the fact that the OP opened his mind and did his research and come to a logical conclusion which is what many people cannot do because they want to take their current narrative to the grave. Even though i don't think you need a research to see that you are Igbo. By your language and the culture/traditions you practice, it should be seld evident.
I've known you for long on nairaland and have understood your position on this issue. I just want you to always bear in mind whatever you're writing here doesn't go down well with a lot of evil minded people when it is pan-Igbo. Stop trying to be academic for anyone. No Igbo clan is more Igbo than the other and the only group that can be considered Igboid is Ekpeye. The Ukwuanis you see are one of the most famous Igbo clans of old that European explorers met and interviewed their Obi at Aboh yet you're referring to them as 'Igboid'. The Ika that you speak of is one of the strongest Igbo clan I've studied so far. Despite their proximity to Benin, their language structure remained Igbo with dilutions of bini words. They have the Ikenga cult and the wooden statues are clearly similar to those East of the Niger. What makes them Igboid? Nothing. The Ndonis are just an extension of the Ukwuanis just like Oguta people in Imo. The Ikwerres are also not Igboid. Their dialect is clear enough to make them just another clan. The bini story is very ridiculous as not a single thing connects them to Bini. Their denial like OP said was for survival so that the leeches nearby won't have to claim their land. It will be nice if you can see it this way; always maintain their Igbo ancestry no matter what and discuss their politics as the case may be when the need arise. Don't dance to the tune of our numerous enemies. All Igbo clans remain Igbo despite their denials. Fulanis will still call a similar traditional tribe in far Senegal thousands of kilometres away as fulani but you're calling a contiguous Ikwerreland a lost case. I wonder how some us do things. So because one of your brothers decided for any reason to deny your family, hence you'll join as say likewise of him? Let's think and write bearing a lot in mind.
Udo nwanna.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

But Chibuike Amaechi said he has Igbo heritage. What's your response on that issue?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 6:35am On Jul 22, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Let me break it down for you, I like your approach OP, no insult, no abuse, it is quite strange to me but you have done well in that part.

Igbos only influenced the riverine tribes, they are not the same with igbos, Igbos are travellers so their culture and language must have dominated the small tribes of the riverine area they migrated to. I have a documented article by a British man that visited the area in 1800. Another thing is that dressing like igbos and speaking igbos doesn't mean they are igbos, for example look at Yoruba cousin, the Igala, they belong to Yoruboid group, they wear clothes that look like Yoruba dress, our language is quite similar to theirs, so can you tell me, are igalas in Anambra Yoruba?

Thanks

Arrant nonsense!!! The most of the progenitors of the todays' so-called Ijo were Igbo. Some of the forbearers wore names only intelligible to Igbo person. Names such as Utazi, Otaji, Ediabali. Azumini. Ikiri, Ndoli, Opuamakuba etc. However some took names from Indians and Filipinos who were ship hands or mates on the British ships. Equally the names of ship Captains on British ships were embraced as "nicknames". Besides Ijo, there is no other ethnic group in eastern region as close to Igbo as the Annang, Ibibio and Ogoni. Why did influence of the Igbo fail to change the names and languages of these groups?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2020
OfoIgbo:

The bolded is further proof that you are still Yoruba instead of a southern minority.

Ikwerres and Etches claim that their ancestor was a man named AKALAKA, who came from Benin.

Lol. The criminal you quoted is so dumb not to know that he's dancing naked at the market place. I wonder why anyone will not sniff him out.

15 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Mister man don't provoke me angry
I am a 27 year old man I know what is right and what is wrong I am not daft undecided I am the only one in my family who has this ideology I have argued it with my late dad before.
The British colonised us for over 400 years they taught us their language, religion and culture how come we still retained our mother tongue and culture till this day Do you know they are yorubas in Brazil? Do you know they are Igbos in Jamaica? Despite the fact that their ancestor were taking there as slaves they still know there origin till this day. Think! think! think! Dont allow hate cloud your judgement it will destroy you eventually.
Our forefathers never documented any historical records for us to read and know where we came from unlike the Europeans all we have to do now is just to use our scientific knowledge and common sense to determine where we came from.

As for the elders, elders can be misleading old age doesn't equate wisdom and understanding.most elders don't even know our history as much as I do most elders don't even know our ancstors had tribal marks like yorubas until I told them.

You are true son of the soil.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 6:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Tranquill:

So saying 'I am not Igbo' ='I hate Igbo'
Bro, you are very intelligent.
You can remove your cap, kneel down and beg him to say he's not Igbo. Maybe then he can change his mind. Typical of slimy creatures.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Zooposki:

Delta state was not even part of the East. They were part of the West. Yet you guys want to annex part of Delta state? How does that even work?

Do you know one of the cardinal reasons to create midwestern region out of western region? Be mindful that land delimitation for governmental purposes does not confer ethnicity on individuals.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Malawian(m): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2020
The reason Yoruba's cliim to be united and one common wealth is because they are all parasites in the Nigerian state. They have nothing they can drag with one another for sustenance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Malawian(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Zooposki:

Delta state was not even part of the East. They were part of the West. Yet you guys want to annex part of Delta state? How does that even work?
People who did referendum and jakpaaad from the west enmass is the people you are trying to claim abi?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by selemempe: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

can you tell us what connects ikwere to Bini?
You bear Igbo names
Your village bears Igbo names
Your kings are called eze instead of oba
Your 3 small LGAs don't have any border with Bini
Your language sounds like a typical Anambra language
Your dressing is the modern Igbo isiagu dress
In the old eastern region, ikwere was considered Igbo

Please tell us what in your culture connects you with Bini

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 6:52am On Jul 22, 2020
Tranquill:

You are not only a dumb liar but completely ill-educated. Igbo did not dominate eastern region and I had wished they did. If the Ndigbo had dominated everything in the defunct eastern region, the arrant nonsense heard everywhere would not have been possible. The minorities in western region and northern region were forced to speak either Yoruba or Hausa language respectively to survive.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2020
[[s]quote author=MinorityOpinion post=91967240]Let me break it down for you, I like your approach OP, no insult, no abuse, it is quite strange to me but you have done well in that part.

Thanks [/quote][/s] This Yoruba man lack sense so igbos could not influence ijaws,cross river people and akwa ibom people too abi? And Anambra people could not influence igalas in Anambra state too abi? Mumu post by Yoruba ass licking Tinubu Muslim

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2020
[[s]quote author=chuka5000 post=91967171]

the funniest of them all Is anioma people of delta, they speak pure Igbo, dress the Igbo cultural way, answer pure Igbo names but decided to answer another name and then become minority even in their own state where they're supposed to be the majority[/quote][/s] Mister man if you don't know about Anioma people please shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2020
OfoIgbo:

According to the oral history, you need to remember the famous Akalaka or Akaraka had a brother whose name was Ochichi or Ochichiri. Both words were\are not intelligible in Bini or Edo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by phemmyfour: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Bro you are very wrong,my first girlfriend ifeanyi was from ibuzor she never denied being Igbo.i have also seeing many delta Igbos here in Lagos they have never denied being Igbos.i am only sure of Ikwerres and and etchies not delta Igbos.my best friends in secondary school luck okoye and ugochukwu who is now in delsu never denied being Igbo we even speak Igbo together.
Sunday Oliseh said he isn't Igbo

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:

Oooohhhhh shocked
Now I see the reason why, but that still doesn't change the fact that we are igbos.oyo empire did worse to their fellow yoruba states did they reject being yorubas...google Ikwere and etche and tell me the answer..i sense you are a Yoruba man I notice you guys hate Igbos a lot in this site..by the way no one it talking about biafra here.

Shut up.... Yen yen

See how igbos loves yoruba na.. Igbo love us yet they abuse us

. Better go n meet ur Supreme leader cownu grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kogi Pensioners, Workers Committing Suicide Due To Hunger – Austin Usman Okai / APC To Extend Deadline For Submission Of Forms / LASG Begins Construction Of Abiola–Onijemo Link Road With Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.