Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. (9600 Views)

A Man Sick With Stroke Pictures Among Picture Discovered In Epkeye Shrine / Otu Odu Practice In Anambra And Anioma Part Of Delta State / Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

Let me give you an insider information. The current Igbanke mainstream are breaking away from Ika tag. Their politicians and their lackeys in Edo government led by Gloria Adagbon are pushing for establishment of Igbanke ethnic nationality, distinct from Ika.

The idea is that claiming Ika is making them outsiders in Edo state, and tha their claims to Ika doesn't sit well with the Binis whose Bininization drive on Igbanke are on steroids.
Igbankes also feel left out and not being carried along by Ikas in Delta state.

So any Igbanke that tells you he is Igbanke, is actually political. Because that's the current political decision of the people. The apolitical ones among them will tell you that they are Ika.
Ok. At least the Ika nationality proponents will understand what pan-Igbo nationalists are saying.

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=Oghene1st post=91975453][/quote]

Isoko were always independent of Urhobo.
Every single colonial document recorded Isoko different from Urhobo. So don't make it look like Isoko pulled out of Urhobo. They were never part of the Urhobo union, even though a few Isoko persons played prominent role in UPU in the past, just as Clark Edwin despite being Ijaw, played a role in UPU of the old because his town Kiagbodo, even though are Ijaw claiming, speak Urhobo as first language because of their early entanglement with Olomo people.

Okpe people have many denials who will tell you openly that they are not Urhobos. The current Okpe traditional leaders might be pro Urhobo because of benefits from UPU, but what do you think would happen if a foreign force invades Urhobo land and retires the current traditional rulers while making the ones denying Urhobo tag the new rulers of Okpe or giving the current rulers ultimatum to either accept being non Urhobo or abdicate their thrones? Thats exactly what happened in Igboids areas of Rivers state.

For example, Eze Ogbuehi Francis Ellah became a pariah in Ogbaland at the hands of FG sponsored Igbo denials there, because he refused to end alliance with Igbo union.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by WorWorBoy: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2020
Jakemedg:
Come on an Ijaw from Rivers state is also a Rivers man.
What I wanted you to know is that there are significant Ijaw population in Ondo and Rivers though in minority outside Bayelsa (Predominantly Ijaw land).it's unfortunate you got it twisted. I was talking to the other fella
It's alright bruv. Peace. smiley
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Allen102:

The ijaws in rivers state belongs in Rivers State and nowhere else.

However anybody who passes as an Ijo in Igweocha (Port Harcourt) is a compound tenant.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

Isoko was part of Urhobo until 1957 when Chief James Otobo influenced the creation during his tenure in Western House of Assembly, Ibadan.

Even till now, you won't hear any Isoko song without adding Urhobo to it. like 'Isoko and Urhobo' which shows that they still recognise the unity then. But still yet, Urhobo nor carry am for head like una Igbos. Igbos for worst pass white for colonialism.
You can still pass your message without throwing jibes at Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Jakemedg(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:
It's alright bruv. Peace. smiley
No problem bro
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Graysons: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2020
Jakemedg:
Nope Graysons i never said that
Ok.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Igboid: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

Isoko was part of Urhobo until 1957 when Chief James Otobo influenced the creation during his tenure in Western House of Assembly, Ibadan.

Even till now, you won't hear any Isoko song without adding Urhobo to it. like 'Isoko and Urhobo' which shows that they still recognise the unity then. But still yet, Urhobo nor carry am for head like una Igbos. Igbos for worst pass white for colonialism.

This is not true.

Some Isoko persons might have been part of Urhobo union.
But Isoko on the whole was always independent. Isoko in all colonial document was always written and spelt independent of Urhobo.

The Urhobos I know offline are dying over Okpe Urhobo denials.
It drives you lots mad. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

Let me give you an insider information. The current Igbanke mainstream are breaking away from Ika tag. Their politicians and their lackeys in Edo government led by Gloria Adagbon are pushing for establishment of Igbanke ethnic nationality, distinct from Ika.

The idea is that claiming Ika is making them outsiders in Edo state, and tha their claims to Ika doesn't sit well with the Binis whose Bininization drive on Igbanke are on steroids.
Igbankes also feel left out and not being carried along by Ikas in Delta state.

So any Igbanke that tells you he is Igbanke, is actually political. Because that's the current political decision of the people. The apolitical ones among them will tell you that they are Ika.

It is obvious that you are a fool. But if Okpe person tells you he is Okpe and not Urhobo, he is not political but truthful abi. This guy you be dead sperm wey form.

3 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

Every single colonial document recorded Isoko different from Urhobo. So don't make it look like Isoko pulled out of Urhobo. They were never part of the Urhobo union, even though a few Isoko persons played prominent role in UPU in the past, just as Clark Edwin despite being Ijaw, played a role in UPU of the old because his town Kiagbodo, even though are Ijaw claiming, speak Urhobo as first language because of their early entanglement with Olomo people.

Okpe people have many denials who will tell you openly that they are not Urhobos. The current Okpe traditional leaders might be pro Urhobo because of benefits from UPU, but what do you think would happen if a foreign force invades Urhobo land and retires the current traditional rulers while making the ones denying Urhobo tag the new rulers of Okpe or giving the current rulers ultimatum to either accept being non Urhobo or abdicate their thrones? Thats exactly what happened in Igboids areas of Rivers state.

For example, Eze Ogbuehi Francis Ellah became a pariah in Ogbaland at the hands of FG sponsored Igbo denials there, because he refused to end alliance with Igbo union.

Is the bolded the same person as Senator Francis Ellah? The worst sponsored attrition occurred in Obigbo when Eze Nwogu refused to cede Obigbo to Rivers State.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2020
Dedetwo:

At Ozuzu yet people from Ozuzu , Etche pay annual homage to Umuneoha in Mbaitolu, LGA as their ancestral home and the place where the deity originated.
Speaking of Umunneoha, is it where the famous Igwekala shrine is located? If it is, is it connected with the popular Amadioha?
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

This is not true.

But Isoko on the whole was always independent. Isoko in all colonial document was always written and spelt independent of Urhobo.

The Ikas are not dying over Igbanke abi? Madman in nairaland.

I thought you are normal.

3 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by oyatz(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2020
The creation of COR Region was based on the quest for political recognition for the non-Igbo peoples of the defunct Eastern Region and was totally different from contemporary agitations for Sttates creation which is based largely on getting Federal allocations and not necessarily ethnic identities.

The tribal groups who considered themselves Igbos didn't struggle to be included in Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers (COR) Movement.

Apart from the COR Region, you didn't respond to other points raised in my earlier post.

kingzizzy:

Wawa people were at the forefront of the creation of Enugu state, it does not make then any less Igbo. Ngwa people want Aba state, Nsukka people want Adada state. The fact that people want a separate administrative area does not take away who they are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

This is not true.

I gave you fact if you like dispute it with no source or proof. Drop the book or article link sir. It will make the argument better.

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Afam4eva(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2020
Francis95:
I am Igbo from Anambra. I only got to know that there are tribes called Etche, Ikwerre and Ekpeye because I am schooling in Uniport. Here in Onitsha nobody knows what is Ikwerre or Etche.
Nobody would have known that there's any grouip called Ikwerre except for people who live or have lived in Rivers state. Igbos made Ikwerre popular by constantly trying to force them to be what they say they are not. I knew Ikwerre because i lived in PH when i was much younger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2020
Yujin:

Speaking of Umunneoha, is it where the famous Igwekala shrine is located? If it is, is it connected with the popular Amadioha?

You are spot on target.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Francis95:
I am Igbo from Anambra. I only got to know that there are tribes called Etche, Ikwerre and Ekpeye because I am schooling in Uniport. Here in Onitsha nobody knows what is Ikwerre or Etche.
Welcome on board. You may need to study the history of the clans you mentioned before making any argument with them.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

This is identical scenario when Urhobo lost Warri to Itsekiri for good.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Yujin(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2020
Afam4eva:

Nobody would have known that there's any grouip called Ikwerre except for people who live or have lived in Rivers state. Igbos made Ikwerre popular by constantly trying to force them to be what they say they are not. I knew Ikwerre because i lived in PH when i was much younger.
Chai, why do you write like this? Who's forcing an Igbo group to be Igbo?

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Oghene1st:

I gave you fact if you like dispute it with no source or proof. Drop the book or article link sir. It will make the argument better.

The only referable fact pertains to the lost of Warri by Urhobo to Itsekiri.
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Allen102: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Zooposki:

Delta state was not even part of the East. They were part of the West. Yet you guys want to annex part of Delta state? How does that even work?

Who created regions and states ? Who Balkanized the tribes
....the greedy oligarchs did as a divide and rule system...let's talk more about unity than things that divides us.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by BlackSaints: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2020
**"*

4 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Allen102:
It is only a fool who will believe that, I don't want to believe you that fool or are you?

It is only a fool who would believe otherwise. You cannot pass as a fool, are you?
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by junketer(m): 10:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Ikwerre and delta people that claim to not be igbo are just deceiving themselves. I have two very good friends, one is ikwerre the other is from agbor in delta state. When we discuss together we speak the normal general igbo. But when they speak to someone from agbor they use their own dialect but i always understood what they say. I am from anambra but my mom is from agbor in enugu state. Whenever my mom speaks to one of her people from achi they speak in their dialect and it's confusing to me sometimes. Does it mean my mom is not igbo? No!. We all have different dialects but we all speak igbo.

6 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Dedetwo(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2020
BlackSaints:
What is this clown blabbing about? Do you have any idea how port Harcourt works?

What is this fool blabbing about? No, especially since after Nigeria\Biafra war.

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Allen102: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2020
BlackSaints:
What is this clown blabbing about? Do you have any idea how port Harcourt works?
help me ask am? grin

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by AsomughaChuks02: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2020
The
Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=kollinzgee post=91967842]My fellow etche , Ikwerre and ika brothers and sisters in this site let me tell you something.if Ikwerre and etche were carved into imo and Abia states we would be be claiming Igbos today.i once hate Igbos with passion because I believe they easily dominate wherever they go and they seem proud however I discover I was only hating on myself .I like digging deep and I found the truth which is we are a different dialects of the Igbo people.

I strongly believe The hatred and denial began during the civil war , because my father told me how ojukwu was conscripting ikwerre and etche children into the army against their parents will. most of the boys never came back home alive maybe they died in combat.he also said they denied being Igbos because they heard how Nigerian soldiers massacred innocent Igbo civilians whenever they conquered any territory
So denying Igbos was a way to save their ass because it was a genocidal war lets not let people separate us from our brothers nature will punish us for it. It's more like a North and South Korea thing political borders is just what separates us that's all.I [/quot

I see Etche/Omuma,Ndoki,Ikwere,Ahoda,Egbema,Kwale,Ika, etc as Igbo dialects. I have stayed in Etched(okehi) I noticed that their dialect is Similar to Ngwa dialect...even as Igbo man I don't even understand Abriba dialect though we are from the same state(Abia)....

1 Like

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by kollinzgee(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2020
junketer:
Ikwerre and delta people that claim to not be igbo are just deceiving themselves. I have two very good friends, one is ikwerre the other is from agbor in delta state. When we discuss together we speak the normal general igbo. But when they speak to someone from agbor they use their own dialect but i always understood what they say. I am from anambra but my mom is from agbor in enugu state. Whenever my mom speaks to one of her people from achi they speak in their dialect and it's confusing to me sometimes. Does it mean my mom is not igbo? No!. We all have different dialects but we all speak igbo.

This is what I am trying to explain to them but to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2020
kollinzgee:
My fellow etche , Ikwerre and ika brothers and sisters in this site let me tell you something.if Ikwerre and etche were carved into imo and Abia states we would be be claiming Igbos today.i once hate Igbos with passion because I believe they easily dominate wherever they go and they seem proud however I discover I was only hating on myself .I like digging deep and I found the truth which is we are a different dialects of the Igbo people.

I strongly believe The hatred and denial began during the civil war , because my father told me how ojukwu was conscripting ikwerre and etche children into the army against their parents will. most of the boys never came back home alive maybe they died in combat.he also said they denied being Igbos because they heard how Nigerian soldiers massacred innocent Igbo civilians whenever they conquered any territory
So denying Igbos was a way to save their ass because it was a genocidal war lets not let people separate us from our brothers nature will punish us for it. It's more like a North and South Korea thing political borders is just what separates us that's all.I

I see Etche/Omuma,Ndoki,Ikwere,Ahoda,Egbema,Kwale,Ika, etc as Igbo dialects. I have stayed in Etched(okehi) I noticed that their dialect is Similar to Ngwa dialect...even as Igbo man I don't even understand Abriba dialect though we are from the same state(Abia)....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. by Oghene1st: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Oghene1st post=91972511]

Don't be a fool. There are three senatorial districts n Delta. Delta Central is purely for Urhobos, Delta North for the Igbo groups and Delta South for Ijaw (majority), Isoko, Itsekiri and Urhobo.

The Deputy Senate President is from Delta Central.

The population of Urhobos in Delta Central alone is 1.5m+ which is higher than the whole of Igbo groups in Delta North. If we are to include the Urhobos in Delta South, then .....[/s] Mister man in your Delta central we still have itsekiri and okpe kingdom people there or are you including okpe kingdom as Urhobo? Mr man Urhobo are not the majority in Delta state, they can only be majority when you count enuani,ika and ukwuani people differently but if you count them together they're the majority.

Hahaha. I'm using fact to buttress my argument here.

2006 population census.

Delta Central 1,575,738 Delta North 1,229,282

If we even want to remove the said Okpes you are talking about. The Okpes are in two local government in Delta. Okpe with a population of 128,398 (note 2006 population census) Sapele(another Okpe LGA where you find the Itsekiris has a population of 174,273. If we combine 128,398 and 174,273, it will give you 302671.

Minus 302671 from 1, 575, 738 it will give you 1, 273, 067 which is still higher than the population of the whole of anioma(Igbo groups) which is 1, 229,283. And mind you, there are Isokos and non Igbo groups in Delta North where the Igbo groups are. Remember, one of the Danfo Driver singer who died is Isoko from an Isoko town in Delta North.

And also if we add the population of Urhobos in Warri South LGA, Bomadi LGA and Patani LGA all in Delta South, it will be with hundreds of housands difference to beat Igbo groups in Delta North.

It is obvious that the Urhobos are the majority. That is why they dominate Delta State plitically. Don't be fooled. Okowa is the first Igbo man to be governor of Delta State and it was through Ibori who is an Urhobo man.

I know you will quote this comment but please use fact not anger and self deceit.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Telephone Subscribers Reaches 208 Million / 2023: Atiku Sympathises With Jigawa Flood Victims / Afegbua To Daniel Bwala: I Am Not One Of Those Atiku Can Threaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.