Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya (15645 Views)

UK Parliament Approves Rwanda Deportation Bill / Gaza: Biden Approves Military Air Drops Aid after last encounter left many dead / Turkiye President, Erdogan, Opposes military intervention in Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by NadiaR(m): 12:47am On Jul 22, 2020

The Egyptian parliament on Monday, gave approval to a possible deployment of troops beyond its borders after President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi spoke of potential military operations in neighbouring Libya.

Lawmakers unanimously approved “the deployment of members of the Egyptian armed forces on combat missions outside Egypt’s borders to defend Egyptian national security against criminal armed militias and foreign terrorist elements,” the parliament said in a statement.

Monday’s vote took place in a closed session where members of parliament discussed “threats faced by the state” from the west, where Egypt shares a porous desert border with war-torn Libya.

The vote came a day after the Egyptian president met the National Defense Council which includes the parliament speaker, the defense minister, the foreign minister and military commanders.

Sisi has warned that advances by forces backing the western Libyan-based Government of National Accord also known as GNA on the city of Sirte could prompt an Egyptian military intervention.

The GNA called his warnings a “declaration of war”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/egypt-parliament-approves-military-intervention-in-libya

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Minsk24: 2:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Egypt fucking up big time

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Yomhie: 3:15am On Jul 22, 2020
Though I’m a America fan but I must condemn any of their wrong did,they messed up Libya big time I heard Libya was doing very great when gadafi was alive but now Libya is shit hoe like one country grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by bigfish3k: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2020
I support Haftar

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by cbngov01(m): 5:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by etrange: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Yomhie:
Somebody should please mention me when this hit front page

We've reached o. Wake up.

45 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kennypedia(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2020
This is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Samylekey(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Issoright

To my fellow nairalanders, it's a new day put this at the back of your head and never forget to STAY HAPPY AND SHEY JEJE, GOD DEY WITH US - MAFOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Slawormir: 5:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The headline mehhnnn

I thought the intervention was all about assisting Libya

Not until i perused through the article and i realize Egypt is trying to protect their borders from Libya
So Libya never still balance up till today since 2011 abi na 2012
This life nor really balance

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by gambia(m): 5:48am On Jul 22, 2020
They should come and assist us in dealing with Boko boys as well.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:49am On Jul 22, 2020
wink
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Goodvibes007: 5:49am On Jul 22, 2020
About time.
Libya has been a breeding ground for terrorists since the fall of Gaddafi.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Gten(m): 5:50am On Jul 22, 2020
The spirit of Ghadafi has not forgiven them.

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by helinues: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2020
Something they have been doing secretly with Russia and UAE funding and arming war Lord Haftar

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Chienex24(m): 5:50am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!

I thought France was at the forefront of usurping Gaddafi, though d move was approved by the West.

But on a Serious note, the West should really learn how to fix a mess they created, not just to destroy and abandon!! Check out Iraq and Libya

43 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2020
So wat happen
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by garripack: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2020
Gadafi This Gadafi that.....

Now you see why the Problem isn't African Leaders... its Africans Themself... We have problem in this content....

God Help them.... as I am seeing Pakistan in this Libya......
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by INCREDIBLE007(m): 5:51am On Jul 22, 2020
EGYPT SHA WANT TO SHOW THEIR MILITARY MIGHT
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by UnimkeAk(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
And Europe

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2020
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.

Fear Americans

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by ohosi4real(m): 5:54am On Jul 22, 2020
the gods are hungry
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by agarawu23(m): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.

Fear Americans
fear them o. They are biting their fingers with regrets now.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 22, 2020
It feels like that country was better left under the management of Gadaffi.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by FlordFlorez(m): 5:59am On Jul 22, 2020
Egypt should trend carefully.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 22, 2020
Killing Gadhafi has caused more harm than good in Libya.

22 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 22, 2020
The war is about to get messier.

We are about to witness a potential confrontation between Turkey and Egypt.

Turkey is fighting on the side of the GNA- which is the government of Libya recognised by the UN.

Now, Egypt, at the urging of certain tribal leaders from eastern Libya, is very close to deploying its military to fight on the side of the LNA(the faction opposing the UN-recognised government of Libya). The LNA or Libyan National Army are Khalifa Haftar's men and they fight on the side of the parallel government of Libya based in Tobruk.

It's going to be a major showdown. But as you know, the grass will definitely suffer should two elephants like Egypt and Turkey lock heads on Libyan territory- which is inevitable if you ask me.

As for Field Marshall Haftar, well I think he has got what he had wanted all along.

I saw this coming when Field Marshall Sisi started talking about how Egypt's armed forces can hold its own against any enemy threatening its national interest.

As for the civilians in Libya, well get ready. Lol.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Rexnegro(m): 6:06am On Jul 22, 2020
if it's for good no wahala then , I support
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Vega100: 6:07am On Jul 22, 2020
I hope the Western world learns from Libya.

Democracy is not for everyone, the fact it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone, some group of persons don't work by democracy especially persians and babylonians, right from the time of yore they have always been people ruled by strong men and monarchs, trying to defy that order of things set things crumbling. Think of stable countries of middle east today, they are all monarchy. I hope the west learn, don't try foisti g your way if life on people, it mostly won't work.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by frankmoney(m): 6:09am On Jul 22, 2020
Egypt that's an unstable country on its own
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by YungMike(m): 6:09am On Jul 22, 2020
Lol. Interesting.

We need their intervention in 9ja too.

Staying outside naija? And you need to call NIGERIAN numbers for as low as 10kb/s? Download SmileVoice app. Check my signature for more information.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by frankmoney(m): 6:10am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:

Fear Americans
not just America ... French government included

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" / Horrific Photos Of ISIS Atrocities How They Behead Christian Children / Nana Akufo-Addo Sworn In As President Of Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.