Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya (15648 Views)

UK Parliament Approves Rwanda Deportation Bill / Gaza: Biden Approves Military Air Drops Aid after last encounter left many dead / Turkiye President, Erdogan, Opposes military intervention in Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by ecolime(m): 6:10am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.

Fear Americans
Thanks to Obama and Hillary

This is one of the reasons why I am indifferent about the unrest in the U.S. They should have a feel of what it is like to live in a messed up nation.

Obama did Africa as a whole more harm than good.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Chiedu4Trump: 6:11am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!

It's that evil man Obama, whom also helped install Buhari as our president

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by KarlWhyte(m): 6:12am On Jul 22, 2020
Ghaddafi was never the problem....

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by id911(m): 6:16am On Jul 22, 2020
The useless Nicolas Sarkozy and that witch called Hilary Clinton should come and see what they did to that once prosperous country. I wonder why they've not been arrested.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 22, 2020
gambia:
They should come and assist us in dealing with Boko boys as well.

They have not been able to crush the Islamic the militants/terrorists troubling them in the Sinai peninsula. Egypt has lost almost 2000 men in that conflict and it has been on since 2011.

Did you know that? Now, you know.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinai_terror_attacks&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjbjb7jjODqAhVq6uAKHYBECkkQFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1q5-gIRe7UiJVkf6UnlXu1
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by almarthins(m): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!

Whose weapon do you think egypt will be using in libyia? Na america weapons.egypt gets over 1 billion dollar worth of military aids from ameria

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 22, 2020
helinues:
Something they have been doing secretly with Russia and UAE funding and arming war Lord Haftar

Exactly.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Aphrygian(m): 6:22am On Jul 22, 2020
This life is not balanced at all. If I am a leader and I see the US hand in anything in my country the next thing is to pull out, you can't fight them it will only hurt the pple you've sworn to protect. For those who will call me coward, pls look at Syria today and ask yourself if Russia has been able to help Azard (significantly). Any country that wants to fight the Us should first work on its economy then work on deterrence (Nuclear and ballistic weapons), anything short than these your country will be left inruins .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by ITbomb(m): 6:23am On Jul 22, 2020
Those days when Nigeria Army was a force.

Today common bandits dey use army do body count
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2020
Yomhie:
Somebody should please mention me when this hit front page
You need mention, you got it. Now on front page
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Have Egypt dumped the war they wanted to fight with Ethiopia over the damming of the Nile?

Turkey will flog them with koboko
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Focusmind: 6:46am On Jul 22, 2020
I want a coalition capable of messing up the Turkish army. Turkey has been a destabilising factor both in Europe and Arab world.

The west might use the strong Egyptian army to fight turkey in Libya. The war is about to get dirty.

Also, I don't sympathize with Europe on the migrant crises since they created it following the killing of Ghadaffi. Libya was a stable country before they conspired to overthrow him. Now the unstable Libya has become a transit camp for migrant trying to reach Europe

10 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2020
The US and the NATO caused all this. Prior to Gadaffi's capture he complained about the agenda of this 2 against Libya's future embarassed
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 22, 2020
Focusmind:
I want a coalition capable of messing up the Turkish army. Turkey has been a destabilising factor both in Europe and Arab world.

The west might use the strong Egyptian army to fight turkey in Libya. The war is about to get dirty.

Also, I don't sympathize with Europe on the migrant crises since they created it following the killing of Ghadaffi. Libya was a stable country before they conspired to overthrow him. Now the unstable Libya has become a transit camp for migrant trying to reach libya.

Egypt is about to fight a government recognized by the UN,

Anyway, everyone is fighting for their interest
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by laiza(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2020
Al Sisi is making a huge mistake by sending the military into Libya. It will further deteriorate the country. A lot of foreign powers have intervened in Libya unrest. It's a wrong move, very wrong move!
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by perdollar(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
The war is about to get messier.

We are about to witness a potential confrontation between Turkey and Egypt.

Turkey is fighting on the side of the GNA- which is the government of Libya recognised by the UN.

Now, Egypt, at the urging of certain tribal leaders from eastern Libya, is very close to deploying its military to fight on the side of the LNA(the faction opposing the UN-recognised government of Libya). The LNA or Libyan National Army are Khalifa Haftar's men and they fight on the side of the parallel government of Libya based in Tobruk.

It's going to be a major showdown. But as you know, the grass will definitely suffer should two elephants like Egypt and Turkey lock heads on Libyan territory- which is inevitable if you ask me.

As for Field Marshall Haftar, well I think he has got what he had wanted all along.

I saw this coming when Field Marshall Sisi started talking about how Egypt's armed forces can hold its own against any enemy threatening its national interest.

As for the civilians in Libya, well get ready. Lol.

field marshal mansakhalifa the erudite historian
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kponkedenge(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
Wasn't US but France.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kingthreat(m): 7:03am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:

It was Obama's USA alongside France and UK. Now Libya is a failed state. They should have simply pressured Ghadaffi to form a democracy and still maintain law and order. Now Libya is a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kingthreat(m): 7:03am On Jul 22, 2020
kponkedenge:
Wasn't US but France.
Obama was part of it
kponkedenge:
Wasn't US but France.
Obama was part of it
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Fragility6: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2020
ecolime:

This is one of the reasons why I am indifferent about the unrest in the U.S. They should have a feel of what it is like to live in a messed up nation.

As in eh.But to some pple,obama na dier god
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by favour32(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2020
When Ghadaffi dey,peace and progress dey.
Na Ghadaffi nai know how to handle him people.
The West go lie to kill am.
Dem kill the great man of Libya wey know the secret of him people,dem leave country in pains.
Salt nor white but many dey see am like that.
Na so Africans follow dey support West.
How e be now?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kingthreat(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2020
ecolime:

And Obama also encouraged homosexuality to be constituted on Africa. Bloody democrats

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by ibietela2(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.

Fear Americans

NATO
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by EagleNest(m): 7:09am On Jul 22, 2020
Is there lessons to be learnt here by Nigeria? Yes go and set your house in order!
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by kingthreat(m): 7:10am On Jul 22, 2020
Vega100:
I hope the Western world learns from Libya.

Democracy is not for everyone, the fact it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone, some group of persons don't work by democracy especially persians and babylonians, right from the time of yore they have always been people ruled by strong men and monarchs, trying to defy that order of things set things crumbling. Think of stable countries of middle east today, they are all monarchy. I hope the west learn, don't try foisti g your way if life on people, it mostly won't work.

You are wise. I personally think democracy too is not best for some nations in Africa, I bet you know the country i mean

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by PenSniper: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2020
Tayyip Erdogan in trouble.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by jaytee01(m): 7:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Aphrygian:
This life is not balanced at all. If I am a leader and I see the US hand in anything in my country the next thing is to pull out, you can't fight them it will only hurt the pple you've sworn to protect. For those who will call me coward, pls look at Syria today and ask yourself if Russia has been able to help Azard (significantly). Any country that wants to fight the Us should first work on its economy then work on deterrence (Nuclear and ballistic weapons), anything short than these your country will be left inruins .
Without Russian help, Assad would have been lost in the pages of history by now. You need to understand that when intervening in foreign countries, there is a limit to how much you can deploy your military strength when there is no broadbased multilateral agreement among world powers giving you permission to be there. The Russian intervention started as a covert operation.

Even the US which also operates in Syria supporting a different faction does so covertly.

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2020
perdollar:
field marshal mansakhalifa the erudite historian

I am yet to meet that guy... smiley
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by dlaw70(m): 7:26am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
point of corection,FRANCE and not USA
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Lorenzop: 7:28am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:

To put it on record, it was an African who messed it up ..Obama. Obama authorised the mess up of this once flourishing north African country, Africans has been killing themselves since time immemorial. Obama single handedly reduced Libya to a waste land.

Those of you who hate Trump, gather here and tell me how many wars Trump has fought or govts he has toppled. Obama is a great orator who can easily sway the gullible with his speeches but sane minds knows that man is evil personified undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by OPUBO7(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Minsk24:
Egypt fucking up big time
If u don't know what to say, sell ur phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bush Reports Mandela's "Death" / Horrific Photos Of ISIS Atrocities How They Behead Christian Children / Nana Akufo-Addo Sworn In As President Of Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.