Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya (15897 Views)

UK Parliament Approves Rwanda Deportation Bill / Gaza: Biden Approves Military Air Drops Aid after last encounter left many dead / Turkiye President, Erdogan, Opposes military intervention in Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by dalass(f): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Chienex24:

I thought France was at the forefront of usurping Gaddafi, though d move was approved by the West.

But on a Serious note, the West should really learn how to fix a mess they created, not just to destroy and abandon!! Check out Iraq and Libya

Exactly what the wicked Western world wants... A destabilized Africa so their plundering can continue.

Libya and Iraq have oil, they are wealthy, they have what the West wants. Anytime they take out a leader, Gaddafi or Saddam, it is because they were strong men that stood their grounds against the Western world's intimidation.... Africa should wake up!

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by hotwax: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2020
cbngov01:
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!

u lord obama did this.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Lorenzop: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2020
dlaw70:

point of corection,FRANCE and not USA

USA orchestrated a well planned internal civil unrest with it's allies from EU, The US sided the anti-Ghaddafi militants with airstrikes. So yes the US is fully part of this and they dragged their partners in crime (The EU) into this war

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by sunnyp20(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2020
Libya is worse than Pakistan at the moment. Pakistan atleast has a functional government while Libya is torn between GNA and Hafter.
garripack:
Gadafi This Gadafi that.....

Now you see why the Problem isn't African Leaders... its Africans Themself... We have problem in this content....

God Help them.... as I am seeing Pakistan in this Libya......

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by sunnyp20(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2020
The way you said this, it sounded like something was wrong during Ghadaffi's regime. Please dont buy into the west's propaganda. Ghaddafi's time was like any other leader across the world. The west only hated him Cus of his stand on certain issues and because he could not be manipulated like other leaders
Matrimonous:
It feels like that country was better left under the management of Gadaffi.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by gambia(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

They have not been able to crush the Islamic the militants/terrorists troubling them in the Sinai peninsula. Egypt has lost almost 2000 men in that conflict and it has been on since 2011.

Did you know that? Now, you know.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinai_terror_attacks&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjbjb7jjODqAhVq6uAKHYBECkkQFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1q5-gIRe7UiJVkf6UnlXu1

I thought they are done with those terrorist, thanks for the info.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Dpharisee: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2020
id911:
The useless Nicolas Sarkozy and that witch called Hilary Clinton should come and see what they did to that once prosperous country. I wonder why they've not been arrested.

The West don't arrest their people for war crimes including the lowest ranked private. That is reserved for African and third world countries leaders. That's the hypocrisy we live in
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by olaadesino(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2020
frankmoney:
not just America ... French government included
America government is doing nothing but terrorising the Islamic countries. This is a bitter fact
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Dpharisee: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2020
dlaw70:

point of corection,FRANCE and not USA
The worked together at providing air support to the rebels and Islamic militants. The drone attack which immobilized Gaddafi convoy was by US and France.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Lorenzop:

To put it on record, it was an African who messed it up ..Obama. Obama authorised the mess up of this once flourishing north African country, Africans has been killing themselves since time immemorial. Obama single handedly reduced Libya to a waste land.

Those of you who hate Trump, gather here and tell me how many wars Trump has fought or govts he has toppled. Obama is a great orator who can easily sway the gullible with his speeches but sane minds knows that man is evil personified undecided

Obama did same thing in DRC.

Obama was used by the West to ruine African countries

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by timagentms: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Lorenzop:

To put it on record, it was an African who messed it up ..Obama. Obama authorised the mess up of this once flourishing north African country, Africans has been killing themselves since time immemorial. Obama single handedly reduced Libya to a waste land.

Those of you who hate Trump, gather here and tell me how many wars Trump has fought or govts he has toppled. Obama is a great orator who can easily sway the gullible with his speeches but sane minds knows that man is evil personified undecided

Obama is idiot when it comes to physical war, but Uncle Trump is idiotic idiot when it comes to economy (war) sanction.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2020
sunnyp20:
Libya is worse than Pakistan at the moment. Pakistan atleast has a functional government while Libya is torn between GNA and Hafter.

How can you be comparing Pakistan with Libya?

Do you know Nigeria is more fragile than Pakistan?
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Deltaforce1: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:
The war is about to get messier.

We are about to witness a potential confrontation between Turkey and Egypt.

Turkey is fighting on the side of the GNA- which is the government of Libya recognised by the UN.

Now, Egypt, at the urging of certain tribal leaders from eastern Libya, is very close to deploying its military to fight on the side of the LNA(the faction opposing the UN-recognised government of Libya). The LNA or Libyan National Army are Khalifa Haftar's men and they fight on the side of the parallel government of Libya based in Tobruk.

It's going to be a major showdown. But as you know, the grass will definitely suffer should two elephants like Egypt and Turkey lock heads on Libyan territory- which is inevitable if you ask me.

As for Field Marshall Haftar, well I think he has got what he had wanted all along.

I saw this coming when Field Marshall Sisi started talking about how Egypt's armed forces can hold its own against any enemy threatening its national interest.

As for the civilians in Libya, well get ready. Lol.

The government that Turkey is supporting may be recognized by the UN but it isn't supported by a majority of Libyans. Additionally Turkey does not care about Libyas future or the establishment of a stable government. They're getting involved for one and one reason only. Libyas massive oil and gas deposits. Turkey has become the US and is willing to go to any extent to secure oil including by deploying 9000 Syrian mercenaries in Libya.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Lorenzop: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2020
timagentms:

Obama is idiot when it comes to physical war, but Uncle Trump is idiotic idiot when it comes to economy (war) sanction.

Trump is idiotic for protecting his own country?....please say something else

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2020
Matrimonous:

Libya was the best country in Africa, it was better than many Western countries.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by authority2006(m): 7:49am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.
Fear Americans
cbngov01:
Just see how the U.S. messed up this burgeoning country and left it to ruins by killing Gaddafi. What a shame!
agarawu23:
fear them o. They are biting their fingers with regrets now.
J111333:
Killing Gadhafi has caused more harm than good in Libya.
Matrimonous:

I wouldn't be so quick to forget how it all started before it got to this point. Arab revolution was in full swing at the time, started in Tunisia if I'm right. It spread to Libya and it was time for Gaddafi to leave and hand over to whom he desired. Dude refused and started killing his own people, defenceless people with snipers on rooftops. He was ready to crush any citizen who tried to protest. He killed as many as possible and he was ready to continue. That was when France (not America) took the lead.
I wouldn't blame those countries. I blame the useless citizens who saw the end of a dictator but couldn't organise and govern themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Lorenzop: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Seriously Africa is a complete mess, see how different EU countries keep invading them. Will there ever be a strong AU force strictly for peace keeping to ward off all these Invaders from the west.... What is wrong with African leaders?

To make it worse, Africans citizens collect arms and money from these foreigners to fight and destabilize their own country..... that's the height of foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Deltaforce1: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2020
sunnyp20:

Pakistan doesn't really have a government. It's run by a cabal of top military generals who fail the population at every turn and instead only enrich themselves and the corrupt politicians that favour them. Much like Nigeria itself.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by zoghys: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2020
Chienex24:

I thought France was at the forefront of usurping Gaddafi, though d move was approved by the West.

But on a Serious note, the West should really learn how to fix a mess they created, not just to destroy and abandon!! Check out Iraq and Libya

The united state under the leadership of barak Obama sanctioned that war, while the EU put the boot on the ground to actualize it. The west killed that country and to even think an African put an end to the beginning of African development for African by African is unfathomable.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Aphrygian(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2020
jaytee01:
Without Russian help, Assad would have been lost in the pages of history by now. You need to understand that when intervening in foreign countries, there is a limit to how much you can deploy your military strength when there is no broadbased multilateral agreement among world powers giving you permission to be there. The Russian intervention started as a covert operation.

Even the US which also operates in Syria supporting a different faction does so covertly.
You still did not get my submissions, Azard would have stepped down instead of doing strong head, look at what the strong head is causing is country now. You can not claim you love your country and yet you see vultures waiting to feed on their carcasses and you no the vultures are more powerful than you are, is it not better for you to sacrifice your throne instead? this would have been Nigeria's fate if Jonathan had done strong head after the election.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by DarkJeddi(m): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2020
Minsk24:
Egypt fucking up big time
So they should fold their hands and allow Terrorists to overrun their country?

You think Egypt is Nigeria? shocked
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by jaytee01(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2020
Aphrygian:

You still did not get my submissions, Azard would have stepped down instead of doing strong head, look at what the strong head is causing is country now. You can not claim you love your country and yet you see vultures waiting to feed on their carcasses and you no the vultures are more powerful than you are, is it not better for you to sacrifice your throne instead? this would have been Nigeria's fate if Jonathan had done strong head after the election.
Easier said than done.
Im not sure you will step down if you were in his place. It's suicide. When the West wants to humiliate you, they go the whole mile!
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Omorefe1975(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2020
Killing Gadafi was a huge mistake..
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2020
gambia:

I thought they are done with those terrorist, thanks for the info.

Of course they are not but they've managed to keep it largely from the view of the entire world.

Only if you knew how irritating those terrorists can be.

They are like stubborn rashes to be honest.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2020
sunnyp20:

Funny how some people here talk about what they know nothing about.

I am quite surprised that he is comparing Libya with Pakistan.

He clearly hasn't been following the news.
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2020
DarkJeddi:
So they should fold their hands and allow Terrorists to overrun their country?

You think Egypt is Nigeria? shocked

You don't even know the real reason for Egypt sending its troops to Libya.

It has nothing to do with stopping terrorists from infiltrating Egyptian territory. That is what Sisi wants you to believe.

The real truth is that Egypt is going to Libya as a typical regional hegemon. It has a lot to do with establishing Egyptian influence over Libya and protecting its allies who are currently on the backfoot in the war going on over there in Libya.

Sisi fears that without a little back-up from the Egyptian forces, their allies in eastern Libya would lose the war.

All that talk about fighting terrorists is just hogwash. Call it a casus belli if you like. It is all about providing a justification to enter the war so as to make it look legitimate.

Don't fall for it.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
Since the killed ghadaffi, Libyia which was an economically stable country is now in shambles.

Fear Americans

This should be a lesson for all the brain-dead nonentities always following the crowd & gobbling-up whatever that abominable Country - Amerika (and her western allies) tells you.

She lied about Saddam Hussein.

She lied about Muamar Gadaffi

She lied about Bashar Al-Assad

Heck!

She still went ahead & lied about General Qassem Soleimani and most of all our Kindergarten bastards here in Nigeria (who hardly know their right from their left) believed the Amerikan narrative that Soleimani was indeed a Terrorist.

Now, we're getting the real picture of who the biggest terrorist has always been.

I tell you, unless this ludicrously lugubrious Amerikastocracy is halted with brembo-brakes, the stentorian atribilous ululation of WW3 pishan-pishan is abyssopelagically bound to cascade into a mario mobocracy of bolekaja ambience right before our eyes in Libya.

To say that Planet Earth is on a precipice of pocalyptic & apocalyptic Nuclear crepscule will be tantamount to putting my Bmw E-30 in the reverse gear.

In fact, I was maniacally bewildered, overgassted and flabberwhelmed when I saw the video of Killary Clinton the Inglorious Witch of New York laughing, gloating & crying paraplegically at the demise of Gadaffi in this video below, saying - We Came, We Saw, He Died!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlz3-OzcExI

Nothing can be more odoriferous saga cum gargantuan gaga!

This jiggery-pokery of the United Snakes of Amerikastan in crowning Terrorists as Statesmen & Puppets across the globe is a veritable bugaboo that must be pooh-poohed by all compos mentis homo sapiens, otherwise when the Nuclear Akara starts flying ziggy-zagga, your backyard & household will be its terminus. grin

I was thrown into a state of metagrabolised melancholia when Muammar Gadaffi - The great one who pricked himself on a senticous bush of George w. Bush's pubic bush as he pushed for the freedom of his vacuous & regretting people from the Amerikanization & NATOchroniculization oppression - ungraciously transcended into the abode of the white-bearded, roasted-meat loving Hannibal lecter of the Holy, Holy & Hosannas . grin

Gadaffi ceaselessly fulminated against Amerikan, British & French vagabonds in power whose primus mobili had philistinic anchorage in a depreciably mindless crave for vacuous hedonism and ingratiating political megalomania.

Gadaffi's passing was a mere ephemeral recumbent hibernation; I have no iota of doubt that he is currently resting at Ojuelegba Bus Stop in Heaven.

I do however hope that we take immutable cognition of the fact that the fundamental issues which Gadaffi confronted has now even coagulated and ossified into gorgon medusa. No thanks to the Amerikan & French buffoons.

Lastly, It is my schadenfreudenic joy that the United Snakes of Amerikastan - that bald-headed old serpent, is currently in a state of irreversible decline & pestilential aqua with a disastrious terminus ad quem inherently laden with inevitable cataracts, ice bergs and oxbow Lakes - thanks to the idiotic pvssy-grabbing Orange Baboon in the White House. grin

Good Morning! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Rossonero: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2020
kennypedia:
This is long overdue.
u've said my mind...very long overdue
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2020
authority2006:

I wouldn't be so quick to forget how it all started before it got to this point. Arab revolution was in full swing at the time, started in Tunisia if I'm right. It spread to Libya and it was time for Gaddafi to leave and hand over to whom he desired. Dude refused and started killing his own people, defenceless people with snipers on rooftops. He was ready to crush any citizen who tried to protest. He killed as many as possible and he was ready to continue. That was when France (not America) took the lead.
I wouldn't blame those countries. I blame the useless citizens who saw the end of a dictator but couldn't organise and govern themselves.

Now, here's a balanced way of looking at the issue^^^

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by efemena5050(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Vega100:
I hope the Western world learns from Libya.

Democracy is not for everyone, the fact it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone, some group of persons don't work by democracy especially persians and babylonians, right from the time of yore they have always been people ruled by strong men and monarchs, trying to defy that order of things set things crumbling. Think of stable countries of middle east today, they are all monarchy. I hope the west learn, don't try foisti g your way if life on people, it mostly won't work.
very good child brilliant writeup
Re: Egypt Parliament Approves Military Intervention In Libya by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Deltaforce1:

Pakistan doesn't really have a government. It's run by a cabal of top military generals who fail the population at every turn and instead only enrich themselves and the corrupt politicians that favour them. Much like Nigeria itself.

But chief, it is still way more stable than Libya as things currently stand.

There is still a semblance of a central government wielding control over large parts of the country while in Libya, one can not say for sure who is really in charge.

On one hand, you have the GNA and on the other hand, you have those guys over there in Tobruk acting like a parallel government.

You will agree with me that you cannot compare both scenarios and come up with something reasonable.

If you want a better comparison, then Syria(prior to the arrival of the Russians) or Yemen(as things currently stand) would have been better basis for comparisons.

I don't know if you get my point.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ICC Seeks Arrest Of Netanyahu & Sinwar For October Attack & Gaza War / There Is No Sign Of The Decline Of Hamas' Military Power - New York Times / Madagascar Passes Bill To Castrate Child Rapists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.