Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ (64029 Views)

How A Free Video I Saw Online During My Nysc Changed My Life / April Clearance Changed To Covid-19 / Nysc Clearance Changed From Present To Covid 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Moventist: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
My story is Similar to his !
I almost missed an opportunity to be where I am today

I served in Rivers State in 2015 to 2016, my first time of crossing Southern Nigeria

I tried all I could to be deployed to Abuja but all became vain . I decided to follow God's will which end up being a mega Blessing to me

I studied Mass Communication in same Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, even Though I am from Plateau State

As God will make things favourable for me , His Excellency, Governor Wike was Sworn in as Governor and he moved with his Media Team from Abuja . But because they are not too familiar with the environment , the head of the media Need someone who can be producing social media content for the Governor's daily engagement and my number was given to him by one Jos guy who knows my capacity in Multimedia Production

To cut the story short, I was ask to take a job and be part of the media team of the Governor which I was doing shakara then because I don't know the worth but I accepted the job after One month of my Service year

Within the Period , I have acquired Masters Degree and still doing my job

The perception that , this tribe is this and that has been erased in my Memory. Everywhere has good and bad people but pray you should meet the good ones

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by angelina08(f): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Igbo Amaka cool
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by astOorR(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
RichBoy247:
I did my NYSC in Oba. Idemili South LGA of Anambra.

A nice little town.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Igbos are very boastful and non resourceful folks.
Always boasting of developing lagos yet they can't develop their states in the south east.

I'm yet to understand why buhari and his Northern brothers don't wanna allow them to fvck outta this country.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chaloskyx: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
tribalism is everywhere in Nigeria thats the sad truth
BigDick70inch:
I served in enugu..
Wouldn't wanna go to any south eastern state anymore..
Very tribalistic set of people..
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by abysirius(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
Igbos are accomodating. It's only when it comes to politics that we don't agree. They have their reasons and we have ours.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by iammolise(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ur story is not yet complete... U haven't mentioned how many igbo girls u fvcked and how the different types of them tasted i.e yam legged, flat headed, ottu ocha/ottu uji, mgbekes... grin grin grin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ategberoson:

I know what I'm saying, Igbo people respect Yorubas in their land, don't forget Yoruba land is Igbo foreign land

region of commerce, that's where chukwudi and ikechukwu are making the money they used to built fine houses in your region

mtccheeew

and you couldn't make same money in your place that's why everywhere is littered with ajegunle and brown roofs...

your comment is the most alien to a strange mind. igbos don't give a hoot who is here or not and they don't care same way they doesn't care whether you guys are existing in sw or not.

the rule is simple....do your business nd face front...no time.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Virginkpekus(f): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
heendrix:
That's for you dude

But as for me and myself I'll rather pick to serve 2years in Yobe and Gombe over 6month service in any southeastern state

imagine getting to Live/stay in a state that it's occupants are 95% Igbos. that having the 5% here sef we we're tayad already sad
If you like serve in Bornu for 5 years, of what value are you to Igbos? Who know you? Who you epp?

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by icuminpiss(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
RichBoy247:
I did my NYSC in Oba. Idemili South LGA of Anambra.
My local govt. Hope you had fun there?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Problem is oil soup ppl.
They hardly travel but always churn out their imaginations as truth.
Whenever I hear them echo these fallacies I just smile cos I know oil soup ppl hardly reach nearby Benin
Oil soup people shocked

Ha, this hatred is too much!! Hope this is not how you talk in real life??

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Virginkpekus(f): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Elder0001:
Igbos are very boastful and non resourceful folks.
Always boasting of developing lagos yet they can't develop the states in the south east.

I'm yet to understand why buhari and his Northern brothers don't wanna allow them to fvck outta this country.
Nack your head against wall if e dey pain you.

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by bejeria101(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Redeployment is from Northern killer state non of the other states have their appetite for violence and bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chaloskyx: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nigeria is a free country you are free to serve any where that suits you so if you choose Gombe or sambisa forest as long as you are happy and achieve your goals where ever you are
heendrix:
That's for you dude

But as for me and myself I'll rather pick to serve 2years in Yobe and Gombe over 6month service in any southeastern state

imagine getting to Live/stay in a state that it's occupants are 95% Igbos. that having the 5% here sef we we're tayad already sad

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by MightySparrow: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Omooba77:

Make you get a good woman there too grin grin grin grin grin
He should come over to Lagos, or elsehere in Yorubaland, that where every tribe fulfill destinies without problems all Igbo good women are here in case he wants to marry one.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Ategberoson(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

mtccheeew

and you couldn't make same money in your place that's why everywhere is littered with ajegunle and brown roofs...

your comment is the most alien to a strange mind. igbos don't give a hoot who is here or not and they don't care same way they doesn't care whether you guys are existing in sw or not.

the rule is simple....do your business nd face front...no time.

but you people are developer? was Aba colonized by alimajiri to be excluded out of your development

Igbo is in sorry case, except Nnewi in Anambra that's business hub, all the rest of East are boring to thrive in business and others

I'm not here to brag but Yoruba is not in you people's level. you brag to be the richest but yet you're still not in the same class with Yoruba in Africa ranking

Igbo respect Yorubas a lot in Igbo land, Yorubas that served or serving there can attest to that grin

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Bighead9: 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
post=92021722:
Igbos are loving and hardworking people, they are not folks from the other side posses with monitoring spirits, many of them are flooding Igbo land, here in Anambra they are everywhere, Onitsha, Nnewi , Awka even in villages we welcome them, we don't pay evil with evil.

Here in Awka they are in every street hustling while the ignorant ones from their tribe think Nigeria started from Lagos and end in Ondo

May God bless their hustle

Guy stop lying. They never love themselves neither do they love other tribes.. There has been crises in Anambra State, between Igalas who are the true owners of Anambra and Igbo's who are setlers. Most Igbo's who are formerly based in Anambra, are now based in various IDP camps across this Country. As they were killed, beating, chased and their houses burned.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Gadaluck(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Perception can really be deceptive. Proudly Igbo for life and I wouldn't change that even if I could!
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by remi2good: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
iTroll:
OK, we have heard
He spent his time with 1% of the Yeast and lo and behold, he had an epiphany
Stewpeed
the majority of okada riders in my state here in the east are northern youths, we patronise them and don't discriminate against them even in remote villages and we have a lot of SW including the males and females that peddle their herbs even in our backyard. But we don't want you in particular because your hate is simmering and could be contagious

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Olarewaju89: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
iTroll:

The îdiot can't even construct simple English sentences sad

Humm.. You don't mean it!

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by CreekCommando: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
That one is your problem. We don't care how one narrow-minded group feels about us. All I know is that we're business people; and if you must be a business person, you don't hate or perceive things with narrow mind until you see for yourself. That's why we are in every country, including Islamic nations that you think may hate Christians.

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by comrChris(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Imagine someone from Benue having a bad perception about Igbos. Like Benue of all places

Ignorant is our major problem in this part of the word

6 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Once traveln by road from Ghana to Abidjan, i got to a place and saw a big bill board where they wrote ' u couldnt have come this far for nothing' and to my Benue brothr, i say bravo for not coming to the east for nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by obstead200(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
CandyCandy:
OK. We are all good people/tribe in Nigeria exception of some bad eggs which comes in individual form, not a whole tribe or people.

Please,

Greetings to you all, please I'm doing this at this point because I'm already dying as I can't handle it again strongly believing some help come my way. I'm a widow with 4 children and with aged mother under my care. First, I'm not claiming to be a teacher because teachers seem to be most vulnerable at the moment when I am not. I'm actually a teacher in a private school (I have every proof you may want). If I am lying or doing this to scam, judgment will be upon me. Like I said, I am doing this because it has gone beyond my control at this point. The family is solely taken care of by salaries earned from the teaching practice and that happened last in the month of February. Right now, we are in a very pitiable situation with nothing to call our next meal again. Please help us with any little amount you can. Not like you are owing us anything but please have mercy on us. Consider my situation please. Let's not die of starvation please. I believe God will see us through these challenges. Thank you very much.

30 539 775 83 - First Bank
get a relative to dash u 5k. Start roasting corn on Ur street. Within a week, u will make about 15k.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by vandumen: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Distress sale of TVs Keke marua available. WhatsApp me on 08068972403, price is 200k n location is Mendez Maryland

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Tranquillity360: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
grandstar:

Shouldn't you be happy someone wrote this. A good name is better than silver and gold.

Yes, a changed perception helps. He might one day marry an Igbo girl. Many NL members because of this post may also marry Igbo. Many before this article would have sworn never to marry Igbo.

Perception matters. It does epp. What he has done is to endorse the Igbos. And it is endorsement given by a non Igbo, you should be pleased (Read Proverbs 27:2).
What would we gain if they marry an Igbo girl.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by executive12: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
heendrix:
That's for you dude

One of the tribalists that are giving Nigeria a bad name.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by jaxxy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
That’s actually the way it shud be bt no gooders and tribalist want to cause division for mostly selfish interests.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Silvertrinity:
good for you
Hey preety lady, How u doin?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by proff010: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
See them.....
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Noneroone(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
grandstar:

Shouldn't you be happy someone wrote this. A good name is better than silver and gold.

Yes, a changed perception helps. He might one day marry an Igbo girl. Many NL members because of this post may also marry Igbo. Many before this article would have sworn never to marry Igbo.

Perception matters. It does epp. What he has done is to endorse the Igbos. And it is endorsement given by a non Igbo, you should be pleased (Read Proverbs 27:2).
i beg your pardon.
marry Igbo? to whose favour?

People are privileged to marry from igboland not the other way. Igbo's need no validity from people, their uniqueness is self evident.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC: Meet ABU, The Shortest NYSC Corp Member Ever / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.