Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ (64077 Views)

How A Free Video I Saw Online During My Nysc Changed My Life / April Clearance Changed To Covid-19 / Nysc Clearance Changed From Present To Covid 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Ategberoson(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

We are saying same thing...Your submission is totally alien to an igbo man worldwide..

If yorubas are on same level with Igbos, your father's in ladipo won't be calling on obasanjo, jagaban of yoruba universe to help them fight igbos...or telling buhari that they have supported APC well so he should help them..

Shoe get sizes, actions speaks better that old men ranting on flip tv...

what a comic relief grin

both learned and layman in Igbo land make this propaganda phrase but what can I do than to Allow you people live large on your own ignorance

how can a Yoruba that tax you heavily be begging Igbo bla bla? you don't pay your taxes your shops get locked grin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by alizma: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
What does a child know? Even your fathers known enemy will sometimes call you my son when you are still a child, you will only be added to his enemies when you are becoming relevant to your father and the society. How many Benue man did he see their house in anambra or how many flourishing business of a Benue man did he see? The igbos are good, I spent over a decade their but if I have any reason to eat from d same plate with an Igbo man, I will opt for a long spoon. I hope you understand that?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
flyingpig:
why do you ask?
It's so evident in your writeup;that's why you're struggling. I don't meant to be rude though......but way you talk about writing and all;you know what you ought to be doing.
Shalom
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by lucasalves: 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
BigDick70inch:

I dey even envy u wey served for enugu city sef...
I got posted to one local village in awgu with primitive people all around..
They even discriminate themselves let alone strangers

hahahha awgu is also the camp site... they really didn't move you around at all oooo... even I had to get a relocation from the city, I can't imagine what life will look like in that jungle... talk of dry land...
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chibowobbed(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
The same way you have bad perceptions of some people, they also have of you.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by flyingpig: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

It's so evident in your writeup;that's why you're struggling. I don't meant to be rude though......but way you talk about writing and all;you know what you ought to be doing.
Shalom
Thank you. I'm just a year away from graduation. Six years gone by already, if I quit that will be a lot to handle.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by okoroemeka(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
post=92021722:
Igbos are loving and hardworking people, they are not folks from the other side posses with monitoring spirits, many of them are flooding Igbo land, here in Anambra they are everywhere, Onitsha, Nnewi , Awka even in villages we welcome them, we don't pay evil with evil.

Here in Awka they are in every street hustling while the ignorant ones from their tribe think Nigeria started from Lagos and end in Ondo

May God bless their hustle
there's one thing every igbo man or woman really appreciate is hardwork and entreprise,if you hustle without stepping on people's toes you will be welcome and encouraged,it is very sad to see comments by ignorant people they had not crossed the river niger to judge and sterotype,I am a farm consultant and my job has taken me to many rural areas in the southwest and I have seen how they live,if you are highly critical of the success of the igbomen in your area why not try to be like them,the best revenge will be success,but if you don't know how to think out of the box but you are critical and jealous of other people's success it shows insecurity at it's peak.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by kolade560: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tranquillity360:
First Ipob reasons better than a typical one niger arean.

If you get brain,you would have read the comment i quoted,then you will see the reason i replied him that way.

I can never marry from your tribe.is my decision
Keep to ursef and die with it.
its ur problem.
if u like marry ur sister

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by okoroemeka(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
goldenboyofpsy:
Good for you and thank God you have a new take about them..

That was the primary purpose for the creation of the youth corps but politics and many negative factors have prevented it from living up to the full expectations...

I served in Akwa Ibom and it was nice to be honest... We heard reports of how they eat humans etc but we later found out they were lies..

Many parts of the country and tribes we detest,hate and cast some jabs at may not be as bad as they are painted, some Na just politics of hatred and bitterness aimed at diving us...

I hope we can imbibe this spirit of accommodating ourselves and accept our uniqueness and use our differences as an advantage instead of war and injustice...
I remembered a year I rented a truck from ibadan to carry pigs to our farm in imo state and the driver came to onitsha and was amazed how many upstairs the government built,I told him it was all private houses built with people sweat and tears,he didn't believe, saying that they were told all the upstairs in onitsha was built by the federal government,very funny.Theres an adge in igboland that says that a traveler knows more things than an old elder that sits at home
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by lucasalves: 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ategberoson:

what a comic relief grin

both learned and layman in Igbo land make this propaganda phrase but what can I do than to Allow you people live large on your own ignorance

how can a Yoruba that tax you heavily be begging Igbo bla bla? you don't pay your taxes your shops get locked grin

you will realize if you have a hustling spirit you can be a successful business man and control your area but if you have an in depth knowledge of how things work you will be a successful Economist. And Economist are the ones that control the faith of any business in the country.. so it shouldn't come as a surprise that most of them don't understand how taxes work and how they keep contributing to the wealth of those they claim to loathe... compare the growing FDI in the west and the South south and you will see there is levels to this... jobs are been created even though it's slow this two regions seem to be moving towards the right direction. it's not about constructing roads now ooo, this country keeps producing graduates and this graduates are in desperate need of jobs than they are of any other thing
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by LZAA: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ctorch:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-changed-my-perception-of-igbos/
They wee avoid this threadgrin
Cc immhotep iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed sarrki

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Virginkpekus(f): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
heendrix:

atleast person sabi weytin fit happen for Borno no be one yeast wey I go go now person go con kee me on top say I dress well abi rob n kidnap me at the same time

as if tha wee nur be enough i'll still get to see a whole number of yam legged girls with beards n hair everywia. yucks
You haven't still told me what relevance you are to people in the east.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by goldenboyofpsy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
okoroemeka:
I remembered a year I rented a truck from ibadan to carry pigs to our farm in imo state and the driver came to onitsha and was amazed how many upstairs the government built,I told him it was all private houses built with people sweat and tears,he didn't believe, saying that they were told all the upstairs in onitsha was built by the federal government,very funny.Theres an adge in igboland that says that a traveler knows more things than an old elder that sits at home

Sure... If we don't encourage this, Na tribal war, Banta and jabs we go dey throw..

No matter their tribes or religious beliefs, politicians don't fight when they want to share national cake Abi loot the treasury...

So we don't need to take paracetamol on top another man headache...
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chukwuibuipob: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
tutormichael20:
Igbos are nice and lovely people.please help me,am starving.am a private school teacher.my family is starving... 021887 65 62 gtb
Fake Teacher.Don't bother to argue but so that you won't expose/ridicule yourself
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BigDick70inch(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
lucasalves:

hahahha awgu is also the camp site... they really didn't move you around at all oooo... even I had to get a relocation from the city, I can't imagine what life will look like in that jungle... talk of dry land...

Life was ugly there bro..
Aint goin back to any eastern state anymore..even if they like let them make it heaven...
They discriminate s/w as if their lives depend on dat..but they all still wanna cum down to lagos someday..

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Tranquillity360: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
kolade560:
Keep to ursef and die with it. its ur problem. if u like marry ur sister
Is that why you are cryinggrin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
flyingpig:
Thank you. I'm just a year away from graduation. Six years gone by already, if I quit that will be a lot to handle.
Goodluck then...I wish you more "happiness"

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by junketer(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
bigfish3k:
Igbos no get time at all
Igbos are not afraid of competition because they know that they will always win so we gat no time to be antagonizing visitors as the cause of our problems
exactly, 2018 december when I visited nigeria i asked my friend to take me to where he buys the materials for his native nigerian clothes because the quality is very good and the tailor knows what he's doing. After buying the materials he took to his tailor shop in awka and inside the shop there were 4 yoruba people that own the shop and they are all tailors. My igbo brothers were coming and going out of the shop for the whole period we were there, some bringing materials to be sewed and others coming to collect their already sewn clothes. No one cared that the tailors are yorubas. There are other igbo tailors all around that area but you easily tell that that yoruba shop is the busiest because they are very good tailors and they are making lots of money there.
Igbos no send anybody. If you can compete with them it's fine. If you are very good, we will patronize you. The best customer service I got inside zenith bank awka branch was from a yoruba and anytime I am in nigeria I always get in touch with him and sometimes he hangs out with me and my friends.
The yorubas I have seen in the east all looked happy and at home. Forget the id1ots on nairaland wey never pass ore in their lives.

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by ghettokid1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Gadaluck:
Perception can really be deceptive. Proudly Igbo for life and I wouldn't change that even if I could!
IGBO AMAKA!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chukwuibuipob: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
lucasalves:
ok.... good... I served in Enugu and it was hell. first is the fact that to come by water to shower alone is a miracle, when you do get it you are supplied with a water that will cause all kind of skin infections for you.... my first time in the city after camp, as a sharp street boy I decided not to wear my khaki so as to avoid been exploited by motorist and such because they will definitely know I was a JJC, I dressed normal but as soon as the tricycle (corrected)people noticed I was not igbo, you should see how they start billing me 500# for a ride that cost 50#, I stood by the road side like wtf I can see the ShopRite I was heading to why are they charging such outrageous amounts? until I worked into the interstate bus terminal and was lucky to meet a SS brother who directed me and waved down a tricycle (corrected) for me... I won't buy bottled water on their streets either as we all discovered in camp they are not produced by any recognized company but by some individuals refilling bottles with water from unknown sources. The trick to know this is that the refilled water will be full to the bottle cap unlike the original produced by EVA. Trust in this country is a rare commodity but around here it's even more rare. I can't stress how much of a difficulty water is here, even their ShopRite restrooms have no water most of the time
Awgu local govt where peepz waka deep farmland/forest to get brown water to bath

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Iceberg3: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
LZAA:

They wee avoid this threadgrin
Cc immhotep iceberg3 blackking98 ebenezar2020 Afamed sarrki
Truth never ever had a sweet taste grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ategberoson:

what a comic relief grin

it is the other way round. igbos are the ones now locking houses and shops up..

your uncles on flip TV knows their predicament more than u blabbing on nairaland.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by ThatFairGuy1: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..
Una evil too much grin
change your ways
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by ThatFairGuy1: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
post=92021722:
Igbos are loving and hardworking people, they are not folks from the other side posses with monitoring spirits, many of them are flooding Igbo land, here in Anambra they are everywhere, Onitsha, Nnewi , Awka even in villages we welcome them, we don't pay evil with evil.

Here in Awka they are in every street hustling while the ignorant ones from their tribe think Nigeria started from Lagos and end in Ondo

May God bless their hustle
Trash. We have the Edos and kogis that sell those stuffs as well. Not all agbo sellers are Yoruba.
Besides, I've lived and still living with Igbos currently. Igbos are worse ESPECIALLY ENUGU AND ANAMBRA. The best of all Igbos I've ever meet are the Ebonyans. They're not proud and very much accommodating unlike those Enugu and Anambrans
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by VickyRotex(f): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
[s]Vickyrotex is Igbo from arochukwu local government of Anambra state. She is fokn stingy![/s]
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by LZAA: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Iceberg3:

Truth never ever had a sweet taste grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Sniper101(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
abdulkayus:

The same perception OP has about the SE is the same u have wit the north. It is called danger of a single story. I know many of ur folks who came to do their NYSC here in the north and refuse to go back. They really enjoy their staying and are even having family here. FYI, there are many states here in the north that are far more peaceful than many states in South East. U may be surprise if I tell u this, but my first time of hearing gun shot was in Anambra state but that shouldn't make me write the state off as a violent state.
Borno was very very peaceful before the advent of this BH issue, and no religion crises despite that it is a state with multiple religions. Lot of Igbos are still there and can attest to the peace of the state devoid of this BH which I hope it will soon be over with time.

it will soon be over with time, inshallah

and BTW, the "present" security condition of the northern states was the reason for my write-up
...not for what it once "WAS"
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Una evil too much grin change your ways
yawns....next
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Trash. We have the Edos and kogis that sell those stuffs as well. Not all agbo sellers are Yoruba.
Besides, I've lived and still living with Igbos currently. Igbos are worse ESPECIALLY ENUGU AND ANAMBRA. The best of all Igbos I've ever meet are the Ebonyans. They're not proud and very much accommodating unlike those Enugu and Anambrans

next

go nd live with your fellow yorubas...

next
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by simplyshade: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
You calling Yorubas oil soup speaks volumes. Treat a man as a man, and a race as a race. Shior!
ogbuefi677:
Problem is oil soup ppl.
They hardly travel but always churn out their imaginations as truth.
Whenever I hear them echo these fallacies I just smile cos I know oil soup ppl hardly reach nearby Benin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by kabillionaire(m): 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ctorch:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-changed-my-perception-of-igbos/

Well!
Don't be quick to conclude, the locality you're posted to matters.
I did my NYSC in Ebonyi state and it was a different ball game entirely.
The indigenes would greet you..corperrrrrrr...20 times a day, but when you reach the local market, you price MUST be different.
If you want to buy, buy..if not, na u sabi.
And when they meet you along the road, your name is OYO.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by MadeinHNDRXX: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC: Meet ABU, The Shortest NYSC Corp Member Ever / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.