Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) (53642 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Enugu City - I Drove Round The Coal City (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by caprini1: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
The closure won't be that difficult for commuters ,as most people only go about their businesses 3 out of the 5 working days.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Karlifate: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.
Well, this is Nigeria. The exact time for re-opening may be unknown for now sef.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Penboy: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Twittyt:
shocked

Do you know you can add to your income with an online side hustle?

I know a lot of people might see this as one of those scamming messages.

But the truth is, he doesn't cost me anything to share this on this platform.

All you need to make this happen is just your phone and internet.

- No money is required
- just few minutes of your time to make some clicking task.

And withdraw your income with ease.
Visit the link below to get started ASAP.........

If you like create 100 accounts.
Na you sabi
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by bolaji3071(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Heavy traffic/holdup loading.....
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by galadee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
Till 2023

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Myself2(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.

Some of the structural members to be replaced are not just only steel, even the steel components ,it's not everything that can be rushed. That aside, some of the reinforced concrete members will require some specific number of weeks to achieve some measure of reasonable strength in view of the combined live and dead load that would be on it, so those that fixed that project duration must have considered all the variables. Besides it's better to to be safe than sorry

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Originalsly: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nice coverage! ...but closing the bridge for 6 months?... for repairs? I guess it must be for removing and replacing huge spans. Other than that why not lane closures as they do repairs?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by babzo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:

It's not just the work; its also the stress tests and other tests. You can't take short cuts with the time table.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by crazycrypto710: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
So it's an achievement for you? grin
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by dangoteinlaw: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:
Ever since I passed on this bridge, my respect for engineers (Shebi they're the ones that build bridges) has increased big time.

I can't just fathom how they were able to put up that kind of structure
respect is an understatement u better fear engineers. After God it's engineers especially civil engineering.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by pocohantas(f): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
My heart goes out to Lagosians. grin

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by dangoteinlaw: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
maybe u should handle the contract perhaps demolish that bridge and build another within 7days like jesus.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by wwwihy: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Stop misinforming people, it is partial closure not total closure
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Firstandonly(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Twittyt:
shocked
- No money is required - just few minutes of your time to make some clicking task.
And withdraw your income with ease. Visit the link below to get started ASAP.........
where is the link
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by AlmaIganishire: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Closing down a bridge for a whole 6months for repair is too much... Anyways, I’m enjoying this new Airtel code *444# to recharge my phone.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by drlaykay(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Something that should have be done during the lockdown.
Our government don't think!
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by tammie24: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2020
noble71:

You are not a Civil Engineer. So you can't give suggestions in a field that's not yours. It's not duplex maintenance grin. Bridge redesign and maintenance requires time.

Meanwhile Sell your Ethereum to us.
abeg make we hear word!

Civil engineer

That's how bridges are closed in other countries for months abi

Civil engineer... Pele

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by dangoteinlaw: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
Karlifate:

Well, this is Nigeria. The exact time for re-opening may be unknown for now sef.
nah engineering doesn't work like that especially with thr high value of that bridge all working timeline must be on the contract plus every miscellaneous has already been compensated for. So unless the world comes to an end the bridge open at the stipulated time.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by samchide(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Major Bridges in Lagos State

Being the most populous city in Africa, Lagos is naturally the home to many business and residential areas. Since there are lots of people in Lagos, and there must always be a way of transporting them to different places, and this partly accounts for the reason why there are some major bridges in Lagos state.

https://sachiong.com/advanced-search/?status=for-rent&type=house&address=Victoria%20Island%20extension&city=victoria-island
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Kobicove(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Traffic commuting within Lagos for the next few months will be hellish sad
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
respect is an understatement u better fear engineers. After God it's engineers especially civil engineering.
Lol
Doctors are still before engineers smiley
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by enonche85(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:

Engineer!...clap for ya sef!.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by SEGLIZ: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:

are you a civil engineer or one of those gala hawkers whose daily means would be affected?
make everybody mind their business.
I'm not minding mine you would say.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by dangoteinlaw: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:

Lol
Doctors are still before engineers smiley
where will a doctor work? With what facilities will they work with? Engineering is world's oldest it started from the military. Before ppl tot about health there were war all over the world and soldiers needed buildings to sleep, bridges to cross, places to hide. Thats why it's referred as civil engineering as opposed to military engineering.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by tutudesz: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
They will close one lane for 3 months and the other lane for 3 months. So one lane will be opened for movement

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Muzikluva(m): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Twittyt:
shocked

- No money is required

Where is the link??
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Emkeljw(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
Twittyt:
shocked

- No money is required

Interested
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by uvie66: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
how do you know this ? are you an engineer ?

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:
Ever since I passed on this bridge, my respect for engineers (Shebi they're the ones that build bridges) has increased big time.

I can't just fathom how they were able to put up that kind of structure

I have a question about this third mainland bridge.

Like if you're coming from the east, you can get to the Island without passing through the mainland right?

Cause I've been to VI for a conference back in 2017 but I don't remember passing through this third mainland bridge. Abi I slept through that part of the journey? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
But why not close it at midnight, so some are not unnecessarily caught up in the itch
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
where will a doctor work? With what facilities will they work with? Engineering is world's oldest it started from the military. Before ppl tot about health there were war all over the world and soldiers needed buildings to sleep, bridges to cross, places to hide. Thats why it's referred as civil engineering as opposed to military engineering.
Lol, it seems you're either an engineer or an engineering student.
But the mighty engineer needs the doctor, his children and family needs the doctor. This pandemic even proves the importance of doctors
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Paan(m): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
For sells, repair, servicing and maintenance of all diesel generator engine ( CAT, Commision, Perkins, lister etc) call 08102327733

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.