Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) (53645 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Enugu City - I Drove Round The Coal City (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by sixtus3606(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.

you have sense. unfortunately, this process MAY elapse be your the 6 months timeframe.

Nigeria
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Mftivi: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm not sure the exact route but we went through somewhere that came out at Ajah then from Ajah through the the express through Lekki then to VI.
came in from epe
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by saxby(f): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
AmadorSays:
I wonder how complicated the traffic will be in Lagos once this bridge is shut down, I feel there should have been easier methods to approach this, 6 months is quite some time. Meanwhile, if the traffic gets difficult, recharging your phone from your bank shouldn't, use *444# to buy Airtime at your convenience.
I swear, I can only imagine

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by earnit3: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
GOOD for u
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Olibboy: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
IamDavid:
E be like say I go need helicopter oo... Who get plug?
I get plug
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Soulsymbol99: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
The thing is that it might take another two months for the equipments to be used for the job to arrive undecided
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Depressed101:
if you respect this normal bridge, what will you say when you meet the marina bay sands in Singapore
Lol, are you saying I shouldn't respect the 'normal' bridge cos there are better ones?
When I eventually get on those you mentioned, I'll respect them more. Simple!

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Exactly.

Damn. I missed passing through this bridge when I had the chance.

You can still do that when it's reopened now. Besides there are better bridges in the world wink
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It's not phobia for bridges per se, but of drowing in the deep water below. I can't swim and I dread the thought of dying by drowning or asphyxiation like any situation that will warrant me needing for oxygen more than I should have on a regular.

So it is maybe on a low-key, fear of bridges and majorly, fear of drowning.
I doubt if anyone can swim in that water, so you're pretty much like everyone
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by samwash(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:
Ever since I passed on this bridge, my respect for engineers (Shebi they're the ones that build bridges) has increased big time.

I can't just fathom how they were able to put up that kind of structure

If you are talking abt super mega-structures, I think 3rd mainland is not close to it.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by errandsbyphina(f): 12:34am On Jul 25, 2020
PERMIT ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF

I am a fierce shopper!!! I am a profound sojourner in the marketplace. I source for locally made food/organic products anywhere in Nigeria and deliver best products to anywhere in the world. I can relieve you the stress of sourcing for items that is not readily available to you, either because of work or where you reside at the moment. Honesty, transparency and credibility is my priority in this business and I urge you to give us a trial. You will never regret it.
I am a fierce shopper!!! I am a profound sojourner in the marketplace. I source for locally made food/organic products anywhere in Nigeria and deliver best products to anywhere in the world, at your doorstep!!!. I can relieve you the stress of sourcing for items that is not readily available to you, either because of work or where you reside at the moment. Honesty, transparency and credibility is my priority in this business and I urge you to give us a trial. You will never regret it.
Let me be your personal shopper!!!! I am available for any sort of errand you may need
*Natural Fufu Powder
*Natural Dry Pap (Blend of your choice of corns)
*Natural Dried Starch (Niger Deltans Delicacy)
*Natural Palm Oil and Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
* Well Spiced Fried Snail or Raw Snails
*Neatly Picked Crayfish and Prawns
*PepperSoup and Banga Spices
*Real Ijebu Garri (To Kon) and Delta Yellow Garri
*Original Shea/Cocoa Butter
*Locust Beans (Iru)
*African Black Soap and Organic 2in1 Shampoo
*Foodstuffs Locally Gotten
WhatsApp: +2348066829967
Email: errandsbyphina@gmail.com

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by JoffreyBeroth(m): 12:50am On Jul 25, 2020
SaintLucia:
See how the place dey calm. No gala hawkers from..... grin

Chai, you wicked o grin grin grin
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Worksunlimited: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.

And you honestly think they are working on that bridge.?

Wait til they open it again and then compare it to how much they spent to repair that part of the bridge

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by 1daboi: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Blockage last night

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:
Ever since I passed on this bridge, my respect for engineers (Shebi they're the ones that build bridges) has increased big time.

structures got life span for renovation or re-construction when built. The quality of materials and engineers used matters.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 10:30am On Jul 25, 2020
thesicilian:

Do you have a Structural/Civil Engineering degree?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2020
samwash:

If you are talking abt super mega-structures, I think 3rd mainland is not close to it.
In Nigeria?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

Watch "Amazing Engineering" on Discovery Channel. TMB is a baby when compared to some of the structures featured on that program from across the world. You will love it.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by thesicilian: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Gamesmart:

Do you have a Structural/Civil Engineering degree?
You need a degree in engineering for you to reason properly?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Watch "Amazing Engineering" on Discovery Channel. TMB is a baby when compared to some of the structures featured on that program from across the world. You will love it.
Okay
Thanks for the recommendation
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
thesicilian:

You need a degree in engineering for you to reason properly?

If you don't, then shut up and keep your so-called "feeling" to yourself.

Stop telling experts how to do something your have never done and know nothing about.

Chatting nonsense like "they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months" without having an iota of a clue about civil engineering is not what is called 'reasoning properly'.

It is what is called 'reasoning from your ass with supreme confidence'.

Experts are using their knowledge, education, assessment, work plans and modelling to plan and do, you are busy correcting them with knowledge you pulled from your ass. And when they say Nigerian youths are unemployable because they lack the training and brains, you will be beating your chest that you are a proper graduate.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by thesicilian: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
Gamesmart:

If you don't, then shut up and keep your so-called "feeling" to yourself.

Stop telling experts how to do something your have never done and know nothing about.

Chatting nonsense like "they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months" without having an iota of a clue about civil engineering is not what is called 'reasoning properly'.

It is what is called 'reasoning from your ass with supreme confidence'.

Experts are using their knowledge, education, assessment, work plans and modelling to plan and do, you are busy correcting them with knowledge you pulled from your ass. And when they say Nigerian youths are unemployable because they lack the training and brains, you will be beating your chest that you are a proper graduate.
You have a lot of maturing to undergo
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

You can still do that when it's reopened now. Besides there are better bridges in the world wink

This one you're winking at me, am I to take it to mean something special? cheesy

Abi na just ordinary eye quiver?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

This one you're winking at me, am I to take it to mean something special? cheesy

Abi na just ordinary eye quiver?
cheesy

Do you think it's something special wink
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

cheesy

Do you think it's something special wink

I don't think.

I only look beyond what I see.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I don't think.

I only look beyond what I see.
Lol, not bad. I sent you a pm
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

Lol, not bad. I sent you a pm

Pm to a broke evening newspaper? You no dey fear? shocked

And while I commend you for the bravery, I feel the need to apologise ahead of time that I don't reply pms from nairaland as I haven't made it yet.

But once I hammer sha... grin
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Pm to a broke evening newspaper? You no dey fear? shocked

And while I commend you for the bravery, I feel the need to apologise ahead of time that I don't reply pms from nairaland as I haven't made it yet.

But once I hammer sha... grin
What?
Why would you call yourself that, I don't know you but I don't think that's true

Haha grin ,what bravery does it take to hit the send email button. Online bravery na audio jor

Lol, so you'll be replying pms when you've made it? That's actually surprising.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

1) What?
Why would you call yourself that, I don't know you but I don't think that's true

2)Haha grin ,what bravery does it take to hit the send email button. Online bravery na audio jor

3) Lol, so you'll be replying pms when you've made it? That's actually surprising.

1) Do you know me before? Do you know how old I am? I laugh you ooh. No dey think am like that.

3) Yes ooh. Doing boyfriend and girlfriend when you're broke is tantamount to foolishness.

I am not foolish. Mbok
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

1) Do you know me before? Do you know how old I am? I laugh you ooh. No dey think am like that.

3) Yes ooh. Doing boyfriend and girlfriend when you're broke is tantamount to foolishness.

I am not foolish. Mbok

1. Okay o, I don't know you actually...

3. Hmm. Not in all cases tho, I agree you should be working harder to be better your life rather than deriving comfort in a relationship

Anyways, it was cool 'knowing' you. Maybe we'll meet on some other thread again. No eye quiver this time cheesy

Btw, are you really 6ft tall shocked
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
izzyboi:

1. Okay o, I don't know you actually...

3. Hmm. Not in all cases tho, I agree you should be working harder to be better your life rather than deriving comfort in a relationship

Anyways, it was cool 'knowing' you. Maybe we'll meet on some other thread again. No eye quiver this time cheesy

Btw, are you really 6ft tall shocked

This @ the bold, is telltale sign that you're shorter than me. grin

And you're right. I believe that second time is the charm wink

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

This @ the bold, is telltale sign that you're shorter than me. grin

And you're right. I believe that second time is the charm wink
I must admit, you're right grin
You're probably one of the tallest Nigerian ladies. I'm about 5'10.

We'll see if the second time is truly charm wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.