Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members (59826 Views)

Family Members Took Pictures With Standing Dead Man (Disturbing Photos) / The Perks Of Being A Lastborn / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by justli: 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
LORDKing001:

Yes sir

I'll send you some titles shortly
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
Kizzygentle:
You should be privileged been the last born in d 1st place.
You complaining of your older ones been lazy is wrong. Every member of a family played such roles at one stage in the family.
This same lazy siblings are the ones that will cater for your well being when d time comes.
Mind you it would be based on how u have managed yourself as d last born that you would also enjoy your lazy older ones.
Let me give you one secret as a last born. When you do all this houseworks diligently without complaining no matter how long it takes, I promise you that you would reap it handsomely even when you get married. Your older one's are monitoring them. They would do everything humanly possible that you lack nothing, they can go as far as borrowing money just for you.
But u see this complain up and down, when the time comes you would be asking yourself why is my senior sis/bro not giving me money na.
Choose wisely.

You never jam useless older siblings. They would milk you dry, and still belittle you ontop...

1 Like

Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
middlebelter:
I don't know while the mother of the house is not being blamed here. Responsibilities should be distributed to children as soon as they are old enough to handle it.
Why will the mother or father in the absence of a mother,watch the elders in the house overburden the younger one to the extent of wall Ng her up to put off the generator. That is not good. People who want to watch the film to their satisfaction should be ready to put it off when they are through or you set a minimum time to put it off when everyone is awake.
The truth is that if not properly handled it can lead to resentment among siblings that will be difficult to erase.

Responsibilities should be distributed and rotated including cooking. Senior that want the younger one to wash plate must earn it through granting of favour to the junior and junior must respect the elders but not be burdened with chores.
That's my verdict. I rise.

Exactly what's happen between me and my siblings.

Funny thing is, despite my now being richer than them all, dem still dey get that funny sense of entitlement till date. Imagine gadgets I brought to our late mothers house for keeps and her temporary enjoyment, she's finding it difficult to help me ship it back to where I work in the North, cos her eyes don enter am. She wan use style my-own-ize am.

I just dey look her dey laugh, by the time i fully settle in Lagos, i will come one day and clear everything out.

Useless dotards...
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Futuragetty:
Ahh, I am the youngest of the children being raised by my parents. I understand how you feel. in my case, I'd get up very early to wash cars, that I was too small to drive. In fact, My immediate sister gave me over 8+ years gap.
but then, doing those chores really helped me. Living on my own, I don't find cooking, cleaning and doing anything at all difficult. some of my brothers can't cook, whenever He has a fall out with the wife, he runs to my kitchen grin

Imagine...

Elder siblings can be quite useless, even to themselves!!!
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Geemario:
Greetings! to all last born here, it's with a pitious mind; I write to solicit for a strong association, where our individual's rights would be harnessed through thorough discussions, as we may have good legal solicitors too in the association; having seen the trauma one of us is going through in his/her family house. I believe many good number of us have similar experiences to share; but have no platform to do so. The association shall be a well disciplined one, and shall take the members' matter with utmost concern. Whomever that can create a facebook account for it should kindly do so and circulate it to the public. Acceptance would be after series of questions and the association deem it legible of the applicant to be a member with evidence can the application be accepted. Also many benefits would be made available therein, such as: job opportunities and so on. All concerned, let's help ourselves and break that belittling attitudes, even in sharing of the collective family's inheritance, our brothers and sisters do show us. Thank you all.

Fantastic suggestion mate!
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
temmy2210:
I can see that she is been loaded with house chores all in the name of baby of the house. Imagine her sister doesn't know how to cook than to load them with pepper.

I feel your pain Aburo mi, but I will encourage you to do your best while you leave the rest. Experience gained today is a plus for you tomorrow. Keep up being hard-working, it pays...

Same thing with my 40year old elder sister oh. Even ordinary to boil rice, na soso water.

Her domineering attitude can't even get her to see husband. Na soso useless church she go dey go, but to change her attitude, Sam! She no go do...
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
maiyee:
There are only two types of lastborns;

- The independent
- The dependent,
there is no inbetween.

For the independent, who often get the 'bottom-burnt part of the pot', because usually parents are too old or retired to send them to the best schools, give emotional attention or support financially, unlike their older ones when parents were younger and vibrant.

Some parents would train the older kids expecting them to train the last born. So you see lastborns serving their own siblings. Mostimes inheritance doesn't even get to them.

Inorder not to depend on older siblings, who can't wait to take advantage of them. Last borns learn early in life to be emotionally independent, hustlers, loners etc

Parents should stop this and give every child an equal share in life. This is one of the causes of strife amongst siblings.

This precisely describes me: emotionally independent; a real hustler- as the only Doctor in the whole family tree, and only one bold enough to travel to Yobe state to work; and also an absolute loner.

My siblings till date dont have that spirit I do have.

I'm very glad for reading this thread, it has really opened my eyes to things I dont know about myself...

1 Like

Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by PaulH07: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
bukatyne:
This life nor balance grin

I was the first born and this was my story.

Maybe your parents were their parents last born, and had vowed to correct that error in their first born...

Coming from a last born like me, it looks very much like something I would do cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by LORDKing001: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
justli:

I'll send you some titles shortly
Alright Sir. Expecting it
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
See my signature
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by justli: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
LORDKing001:

Alright Sir. Expecting it

Why Nations Fail by Darin Acemoglu

From third world to first - Lee kuan Yew

The wealth of a nation - Adam Smith

Maybe you should drop your WhatsApp number
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by LORDKing001: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
justli:

Here's the num 08187541277
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by Sixfeetbelle: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
walexy06:

Just imagine.
Let me write una letter on behalf of your sister,or better still, print this n give her to sign.
To do Negodu Dey hungry me.

But why is she complaining though?

Before she was born, her siblings did most of these house chores during their time. Now that it's her time, she should carry her cross jejely without disturbing people
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by LORDKing001: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
justli:

Please send yours too thanks
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by A1kennedy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
anayolity:
In my house you will just chop fairly used slaps anyhow from your elder ones if you try this nonsense
life is realy hard on me dear can i talk with you?
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by anayolity: 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
A1kennedy:

life is realy hard on me dear can i talk with you?

Okay Bro you can
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by A1kennedy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
anayolity:

Okay Bro you can

thank you. i am a student who have talent in electronics. now i dont have money to finish up my studies nigther do i have money to start up an electronic business. what can i do?
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by middlebelter(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
grin grin
PaulH07:

Exactly what's happen between me and my siblings.

Funny thing is, despite my now being richer than them all, dem still dey get that funny sense of entitlement till date. Imagine gadgets I brought to our late mothers house for keeps and her temporary enjoyment, she's finding it difficult to help me ship it back to where I work in the North, cos her eyes don enter am. She wan use style my-own-ize am.

I just dey look her dey laugh, by the time i fully settle in Lagos, i will come one day and clear everything out.

Useless dotards...
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
PaulH07:

This precisely describes me: emotionally independent; a real hustler- as the only Doctor in the whole family tree, and only one bold enough to travel to Yobe state to work; and also an absolute loner.

My siblings till date dont have that spirit I do have.

I'm very glad for reading this thread, it has really opened my eyes to things I dont know about myself...
glad it did
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by Tonitoniton(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
All this kind kolo picking wey this new generation families dey born every day self
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2020
My younger bro (the last born) would simply tell you he doesn't have strength..

No time for long talk..
Go do it yourself.
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by Slimsly100(f): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2020
Na so Dem wan turn me to before, I shappaly put everybody for him place.
grin
Seriously being a last born is not an easy task
Re: 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members by drnoel: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
Am routing for her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter / Pius Angbo: Channels TV Reacts To News Of Their Staff Who Beat Up His Wife / Why Are Pregnant Women Exposing Their Bumps These Days? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.