Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Her Husband Broke Her Heart But See Who She Fell In Love With At 60 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Husband Broke Her Heart But See Who She Fell In Love With At 60 (484 Views)

“I Asked God To Make My Husband Broke, He’s More Loving That Way” – Woman Says / Bae Lewis Claims She Dated Dangote In 2019 And He Broke Her Heart / Bodybuilder Who Married Sex Doll Tragically Broke Her Days Before Xmas (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Her Husband Broke Her Heart But See Who She Fell In Love With At 60 by anekearinze(m): 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
[b][/b]
"I am looking for a buyer. I have a sewing machine to sell", she said. I was concerned and wanted to know why she made this choice. She smiled, took two more steps towards me, and explained, "I have always loved sewing as a kid. My late parents gave me a sewing machine as a parting gift on my wedding day in order to keep this love alive."
She heaved a sigh of relief and continued, "I never put it to use because the babies started coming and my husband became sick some years into our marriage. These all took a toll on me. Now, I am a 60-year-old widow that has no use for the machine. It is time to say goodbye." I felt the passion in her voice and saw how her eyes lit up whenever she talked about sewing. I equally discerned the dejection and despair in her voice that she might never realize her dreams.
I ushered her to a chair and while maintaining good and steady eye contact I said, "I feel your pains but I won't be a party to selling the sewing machine. Our dreams prevail as long as we stay alive and keep doing the right things. Your husband is gone but you can fall in love all over again. You loved sewing before you met him and therein lies your solace now. Dust that machine and fall in love all over. Age is nothing but a number when it comes to chasing our dreams."

REFLECTION
Now, to everyone on this blog, let me say this. At the age of 90, Priscilla Sitienei, a great grandmother and former midwife in Kenya, walked into her first primary school class. Roger Federer won his 19th grand slam at 35. At an advanced age of 68, Physicist Sir William Crookes invented the first instruments in the study of radioactivity. Janet Jackson, the last female of the famous Jackson's family had her first child at 50. Who says you can't live your dreams at old age?
Bill Gates built a business empire at a young age but Colonel Sanders was 66 when he built the Kentucky Fried Chicken empire. At 92, Marjorie Liggins married her 86-year-old dancing partner Norman Camm. In fashion, Coco Chanel ruled at 85. Mary Wesley wrote 10 bestsellers including The Camomile Lawn after she was 70. Dame Judi Dench, starred in her first movie and became synonymous with the James Bond movie after 50.
You are only as old as you remember. You have dreamed for too long; it is time to wake up! Stop singing in the shower! Stop dancing in the room!! Stop feeding the talent and the million-dollar ideas in your head with procrastination and limitations!!! Walk out of that mirror of age limitation, take a few steps back and appraise yourself. It is time to make a change of direction if you don't like what you see. Success has no barrier or limitation with age. You still have time to bring that childhood dream to life.
By the way, the aged widow didn't sell the machine. She went for 6 months of training and became a fashion designer. She later became a proud owner of three shops, 12 employees and over 20 trainees. This is how to fall in love again at old age when others would have given up on life.
Incidentally, people will always tell you how being at the twilight of your life makes it physically and perhaps mentally incapable to chase your dreams. Yes, I know at 50, both Messi and CR7, may no longer be relevant in the scheme of things when it comes to the beautiful game of football. But I say to those people, every creation is preceded by a design. The purpose of everything created is integrated into this design that births the finished article that we behold. If it is in you, you have all it takes to go for it because you came here with a factory-fitted purpose. So, GO FOR IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOT!
Lastly, at old age, you can choose to be miserable or you can choose to motivate yourself. Age and time will always be winners. The only person that can lose is YOU.

For more inspirational stories:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Uti Nwachukwu Apologizes To Laycon / Why Are They More Sexual Topics Here Than In Sexuality Section / Endsars; Laycon Meets Chief Of Police Over Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.