Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition (33273 Views)

Blessing CEO Remanded In Prison Till May 30 Over Alleged Cyber-Bullying & Libel / Linda Ikeji's Counsel In Court To Defend N1bn Suit By NBM Of Africa Over Libel / Kiki Mordi Releases Phone Conversation She Had With Sega About Seyitan And Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Jung(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Seyitan don't know what she has put her hand into

To type niggarr no dey taya you sef?

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by arantess: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2020
Benite:

https://punchng.com/dbanj-continues-n1-5bn-libel-case-as-seyitan-withdraws-petition/
There's no realistic way to enforce this judgement...
How much does she have? She's judgement proof
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by skfa1: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2020
Rape allegation should be taken seriously.
But evidence is needed.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by elpochas: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2020
Angelfrost:

Let her sell her entire community... Mtchewww!!! undecided
Guy you dey vex o.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Zither(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2020
koluolu:
Oga abeg forgive & forget as she withdraw ooo

Tell karma to forgive and forget. Tell lady justice to forgive and forget. Tell his accuser to forgive and forget before she accused him on social where she should have instituted a case against him in a competent court of law.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by sholws(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2020
You are a coded bastard
Its okay to be labelled a rape victim
Don't worry na
Babe will accuse you wrongly
Thunder fire you
[code][/code]
jrusky:

Another stupidity stupid!!!

Another Idiotic idiot!!!

Another imbecillic slowpoke!!!

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2020
NORSIYK:
Dbanji, you have succeeded in intimidating this girl to the extent of withdrawing the case and, you are going ahead to save your face by going ahead with the libel case
E pain you, bittered bastard, God will continue to shame enemies.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by lakeside79937: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2020
It looks like a duck it walks like a duck it swim like a duck it quark like a duck so therefore it's a duck . Believe me you have to do some thing before you can be accused of doing some thing
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by bejeria101(m): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2020
She better call her sugar father because she no go get cloth wear by the time this guy is through with her. You think say rape allegations na play abi?

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by pansophist(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2020
One of the few places women are treated like adults (which they are not used to) is in the court of law, especially when their fellow contender is a tough one. Many are not familiar with concept such as evidence, due process, facts, etc. She believed she's raped, so therefore, she is. Backing down is a disservice to her credibility, why start what you can't finish?

Probably she believed that a mere accusation and rallying social media support will lead to a conviction, with due process thrown off the window, and being automatically believed, while she emerges triumphantly as a survivor, her bravery exalted for coming out, a symbol for emulation, as she enjoys her victim status and a one-way ticket to fame, with a backhand compliment that she is so irresistible for a celebrity with access to multitudes of women to find her attractive, even to a point of raping her.

Dbanj should never back down, if he does, then it leads to a suspicion that he has paid her off, and that he may be guilty, and using his influence to evade justice. If he truly raped her, then yes, I'll personally shoot him myself if she is my sister, but if my own sister accuses an innocent man of rape, then she deserves the best place in hell.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by searchng4love: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2020
lakeside79937:
It looks like a duck it walks like a duck it swim like a duck it quark like a duck so therefore it's a duck . Believe me you have to do some thing before you can be accused of doing some thing
Like biblical Joseph.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by yuswrld20(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2020
where did d banj want the girl to get 1.5bn
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by tbliss22(m): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2020
Crazy woman..... I guess her hook caught the wrong target. Dbanj should follow up on the libel case to later. It reminds me of the Lady who also accused Davido of same rape, right now she's smelling a bumbum.

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Xisnin(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2020
gbami:
She don go buy market... Desperate to bring the guy down...now it has backed fired..
How is she desperate to bring the guy down?

How do you bring down a guy in a country where people get away with crimes
even when caught live on TV?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Truetalk3139: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2020
Sysdatek:

If your a guy and your commenting this
You need a medical detention

So your supporting women to come out and claim rape victims without evidence and tarnish and bring down men.

When women dont defend men
Why should women wrapper like you keep disgracing your self

Shey a guy committed suicide cause of rape accusation. What was your useless opinion on that?

Even na my sis you be and you accuse my fellow guy wrongly your better bear your cross.

Tomorrow any guy can become a public figure and one devilish ex and one night stand will want to try shlt

No Sis. You ain't gonna work

loud it brother!
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by anambraamaka: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2020
Damage has been done to his brand
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2020
womenareapes:
is your brain really functioning?

lol. I think so. I'm not sure. Let me check.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by seanWetchen: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2020
D'Banj na broke ass niggar.... we don see him price now!

Get Right, Get left or Get stretched!
A Word is enough for the wise
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Businessman1986:

Finishing her off?

She had the right through the courts to find for her brand of unverifiable offence. He also has a right to find through the courts for his own grievances. There is no "e don do naa".

False accusations should be just as scrutinized and weighted before the law as the crime of rape itself.
After what she saw in the hands of Police who he trusted to help her investigate the matter you think she will now trust the courts? lol guy try reason the matter from the girls side. The whole legal system in this country is stacked in favour of the rich. It's like that to some extent in every country but naija own dey too much.

This matter shouldn't have been to hard too investigate. Check records and security footage at the hotel from that night and speak to witnesses who interacted with both individuals that night to be able to trace their movements . She doesn't have the ability to carry out this kind of sweeping investigation herself. She needed a law enforcement agency to do it and that's why she reported to the police. D'banj bought off and used same police to harrass her. you now wan't her to go to court. To prove what exactly? when she couldn't even get an investigation.

the sooner we the masses understand the way the Nigerian system works and how those with power manipulate it in their favour, the better for our own welfare and safety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2020
martowskin1:

debanj have been building his brand for over 17yrs now. u dont just wake up and destroy what someone has been toiling decades to build and u expect him not to fight back.

shouting rape is one thing proving it is another. she should have think about the money and power dbanj hold before accusing without evidence...

So you are saying any woman who gets raped by a rich and powerful man should just remain silent? hmmmmm okay.

How could she get evidence when she couldn't even get a proper investigation? The same police she approached to help her investigate the matter are the same police D'banj used to harass and intimidate her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Xisnin(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2020
Ikem11:
This exact reason I always say all this social media trial will only damage image of rape case

All this oloshi them dey use rape accuse dey do play play as if its a game. If u can't file a rape case with tangible reasons beyond doubt pls better hold your peace and allow your faith cos accusing such case put doubts.
Civilians don't file rape or any criminal cases, the government do.

Don't you think the same should apply to all crimes?
Perhaps we should start jailing police for every case that court exonerate a suspect
and also jail the person who reported a crime such as armed robbery or car jacking.

Rape is a serious crime not just a crime but an unending emotional one. The way media trial of rape in going in Nigeria in future will start putting so much doubt that will soon bring laws that may somehow frustrate real rape cases.
This baseless argument have been made since the 15th century.
Yet, here we are with rapist facing more penalty(not lesser) and backlack everyday.
Rapist defenders will never ever change their mind regardless of the merit of the case.
The good news is that their opinion is inconsequential as it won't affect the real legal case
if any.

I strongly think anti media case rape case should be put in place. If u feel raped, go straight to police or file a case in court and don't start media trial first.

Am sorry if my comment offend anyone
. Just try read it in a reasonal manner u may get the point
England actually made now-defunct laws to protect against "false accusation"
but it didn't stand the test of time because no other crime is afforded the same protection
and it allow rapists to operate freely.

Suppose you live in a shared flat and your newly bought iPhone XR got stolen.
You decided to report to the police and the likely suspect got interviewed but later freed.
Should you be jailed or harrassed for "false accusation"?
Should everybody who ever reported a wrong suspect be thrown into jail?

How about journalist and people who comment online about "corrupt politician without
"concrete" evidence. Should they also be thrown into jail?

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Xisnin(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2020
skfa1:
Rape allegation should be taken seriously.
But evidence is needed.
All crime reports should be taken seriously by law enforcement agency regardless
of initial evidence.
The public are however free to believe whatever they want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Jung(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2020
lakeside79937:

Very mumu analogy.

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

I hope someday you're wrongly accused of rape, it's then you'll know how it feels.
Rape is wrong.
False accusations is also wrong
Justin Beiber was wrongly accused of rape and handled it like someone who was truly innocent

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/22/justin-bieber-refutes-sexual-assault-allegation-with-receipts-emails/

This is how someone falsely accused responds. Calmly, with reciepts and no anger what so ever. At no point did he bring in police to harass the accuser.

I was doubtful of the accusations against D'banj initially myself. His reaction however proved beyond any reasonable doubt to me that he did that sh*t mehn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2020
Sparro:

Your type of foolishness is very scarce.

And your type of dumbness is the problem with our youth today. I hope your wife or gf is one day raped by a rich and powerful man who can buy off the legal system and use law enforcement to bully her into silence.. This is my prayer for you this morning.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Ikem11(m): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2020
Xisnin:

Civilians don't file rape or any criminal cases, the government do.

Don't you think the same should apply to all crimes?
Perhaps we should start jailing police for every case that court exonerate a suspect
and also jail the person who reported a crime such as armed robbery or car jacking.

This baseless argument have been made since the 15th century.
Yet, here we are with rapist facing more penalty(not lesser) and backlack everyday.
Rapist defenders will never ever change their mind regardless of the merit of the case.
The good news is that their opinion is inconsequential as it won't affect the real legal case
if any.

England actually made now-defunct laws to protect against "false accusation"
but it didn't stand the test of time because no other crime is afforded the same protection
and it allow rapists to operate freely.

Suppose you live in a shared flat and your newly bought iPhone XR got stolen.
You decided to report to the police and the likely suspect got interviewed but later freed.
Should you be jailed or harrassed for "false accusation"?
Should everybody who ever reported a wrong suspect be thrown into jail?

How about journalist and people who comment online about "corrupt politician without
"concrete" evidence. Should they also be thrown into jail?

Did u read my comment well before quoting? Must u start media trial before police can pick up your case? Relax Oga abi madam, pray you don't fail a victim of media one day then u might understand.

Like I said, rape is a serious offence and very emotional one I can never defend any rapist such way I can never defend any woman who falsely accused a man of rape cos to me its equally a serious crime.

Now let's say a woman accuse a man falsely and somehow the man found guilty (which such case I seen) what do u say to this situation?

My stands still remain why tarnish image of someone online when court never find the person guilty? What's your mindset before reporting such a big case online first before reporting to police? If not for fame and human sympathy

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by brain54(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This is very good. Dbanj should sue her with everything he's got. Women like this have sent men to their early graves for no reason.

Let her prove her innocence in court not social media.

They turn small boys into Rapists, when they grow and display what they learnt, you start hearing Say No To Rape! Balderdash.
I hope you realize that because there is no evidence doesn't make dbang innocent? well,what do I even know?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by brain54(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
post=92079446:
We are patiently waiting and watching how this will end at last.

Only senseless people will be supporting either of the accused or accuser, not even the hotel staff!
Only if you are in the room with them watching on the said night can you have a say.
Not typing rubbish from your bed or couch at home.

Let Justice prevail for whoever is saying the truth.l among these 2 people.

All of us @[/color] [color=#990000]SAY NO TO RAPE AND SAY NO TO FALSE ACCUSATION OF RAPE.

They are both deadly!
We Rise!!
for the first time I agree with you.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by ProfAmaben(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
brain54:

I hope you realize that because there is no evidence doesn't make dbang innocent? well,what do I even know?

Lack of evidence also makes her assumption baseless, people would choose to believe what they want.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by brain54(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Lack of evidence also makes her assumption baseless, people would choose to believe what they want.
exactly my point...so be fair to both parties. cos only these two know the 'true truth' about what really happened that night....am just saying don't conclude yet in any of their favor cos you weren't there that night in the hotel room.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by martowskin1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:

So you are saying any woman who gets raped by a rich and powerful man should just remain silent? hmmmmm okay.

How could she get evidence when she couldn't even get a proper investigation? The same police she approached to help her investigate the matter are the same police D'banj used to harass and intimidate her.

I did not say so. U are the one saying dbanj is using his power and money. She should have thought of that b4 making baseless accusation because the feminist coven is pushing her.

Let me ask, if someone come for ur career and life. Won't u fight back with all u got?

B4 u make accusation, then hold hard evidence. Adult rape are most times false. I only believe that of minors.

Now u say they are intimidating her, where are the NGOs , feminist and lawyers backing her. Is dbanj intimidating them as well?.

What u are seeing is dbanj defending him self, let her fight for herself with evidence.

because u shout rape doesn't mean everyone should believe u, show us evidence or keep shut

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iyanya Cozies Up To Mystery Lady Months After Breakup With Freda Francis(pics / YBNL Viktoh Replies To - How Nigerian Musicians Would Have Been As Students / Nina Attends Cee-C's House Of Lunnetes Event (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.