Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition (33085 Views)

Blessing CEO Remanded In Prison Till May 30 Over Alleged Cyber-Bullying & Libel / Linda Ikeji's Counsel In Court To Defend N1bn Suit By NBM Of Africa Over Libel / Kiki Mordi Releases Phone Conversation She Had With Sega About Seyitan And Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by COOL10(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are a wicked human being.. I just pray you become great in life and someone accuses wrongly when you are in the zenith

Wanted to reply the idiot but decided not to.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by earnit3: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
lol
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
Elder0001:

The fact that she doesn't have evidence doesn't mean dbanj didn't rape her.

Rape cases are hard to prove, we both know most Nigerian guys are coded rapists who love forcing girls into having sex with them.
Maybe, but even if she was raped by D'Banj, she should've gone straight to a hospital or the police instead of waiting so long. RIght now, it's his word against hers. Cases are not judged by sentiments but by hard evidence
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by ObaKlaz: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
WizzyVine:

Neither you nor I were there when the incidence happened. We heard, and took sides based on our understanding of the matter. My viewpoint is founded upon the fact that the lady is a lone voice in the overall saga. She has no money to get good lawyers. She has also been intimidated by a ₦1.5b fine. The outrageousness of the fine itself speaks volumes.

There's no assurance that Dbanj's former manager will be willing enough to testify in court. We all heard what he said about the matter. That alone is enough to give this case some direction.
To say the girl was 'intimidated' and the fine is 'outrageous' is VERY uninformed of you, considering the damage done to D'banj's NAME AND BRAND. The ex-manager's story will remain a mere tattle tale, with lack of surefire evidence to corroborate it. EVIDENCE OR NO CASE! My stand on this issue is not hidden. You try to present yourself as being unbiased, but your arguements betray where your tent is pitched.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are a wicked human being.. I just pray you become great in life and someone accuses wrongly when you are in the zenith
If that happens then I will handle it the right way. Not like a guilty man by using police to intimidate and illegally detain my accuser.

I was doubtful of the accusations at first myself but D’banj reaction screamed guilty in like 6 different languages.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Slander is a criminal offence
it couldn’t have been proven as slander until after an investigation was done. A woman accusing you of rape is not slander until an investigation and trial has proven you innocent. Then you can sue for slander. It’s not your right to order police to arrest your accuser as soon as she comes out without any investigation just because you have money. If this was the case then no woman would EVER be able to speak out when she’s is raped. We always get things backwards in this country.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by philip0906(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
i[s]t couldn’t have been proven as slander until after an investigation was done. A woman accusing you of rape is not slander until an investigation and trial has proven you innocent. Then you can sue for slander. It’s not your right to order police to arrest your accuser as soon as she comes out without any investigation just because you have money. If this was the case then no woman would EVER be able to speak out when she’s is raped. We always get things backwards in this country. [/s]
You've been wailing all day. Your wails are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Here's what matters
1. D'banj is still continuing the lawsuit.
2. The police have cleared him of the alleged rape.

3 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by madjune(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
If i know Dbanj very well like i used to; this girl go chop serious stone.

Dbanj can be mean without even trying.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Money wins again. He intimidated her with police and had access to better lawyers due to his wealth. The poor girl realized she didn’t stand a chance so she withdrew the case hoping to just forget the matter.

But this mans ego is so big and his heart so dark he just can’t let it go. He wants to finish her off. Sad.

You talk so authoritatively on this issue. Without being a live witness nor part of a Jury, you have concluded that D'banj raped the lady. Isn't it?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
philip0906:

You've been wailing all day. Your wails are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Here's what matters
1. D'banj is still continuing the lawsuit.
2. The police have cleared him of the alleged rape.
lol. The police cleared him. Same police he paid to intimidate and detain her in the first place abi? Baba just forget the matter pls this debate Is going nowhere.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by philip0906(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
lol. The police cleared him. Same police he paid to intimidate and detain her in the first place abi? Baba just forget the matter pls this debate Is going nowhere.
D'banj paid police to detain Seyitan, then same Seyitan (who already has the backing of important personalities ready to back her up, financially, legally & morally) reaches out to D'banj to broker for an out-of-court settlement after D'banj files charges of defamation, releases a statement detailing happenings including the fact that she reached a Non-monetary agreement with D'banj & the fact that she (Not D'banj), reached out first to settle?

Don't let me conclude that you're not intelligent. Give me the benefit of doubt

3 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Jdbrasco2: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
I support D' Bang on this. The girl should prove her allegation. This will stop false rape accusations.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by brainhgeek(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Good! Ayam api
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by ObaKlaz: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Justin Beiber was wrongly accused of rape and handled it like someone who was truly innocent

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/22/justin-bieber-refutes-sexual-assault-allegation-with-receipts-emails/

This is how someone falsely accused responds. Calmly, with reciepts and no anger what so ever. At no point did he bring in police to harass the accuser.

I was doubtful of the accusations against D'banj initially myself. His reaction however proved beyond any reasonable doubt to me that he did that sh*t mehn.
You're very sly, aren't you? Justin Bieber has also sued his accuser for $20m; that's intimidation too, huh? Mtcheew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
WizzyVine:
Dbanj's former manager confirmed that he truly raped the lady and compensated her with $100. The lady is too intimidated and financially incapable to continue the case - the reason for her withdrawal.

If Dbanj has the balls to further punish her after what he has already done, human judges may work in his favor but the Judge of heaven will not rest until justice prevails.
This one is whipping up emotions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
AfroKnight:

You are right. The best the court can do is clear his name. That’s what he needs for his brand.
After losing endorsement worth 45m abi?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
jrusky:

You are the main Dummy and dumbass for becoming a suspected rapist online lawyer.

You should be track by police and investigated because I'm really sure you must be one of those nought rapist apologist for taken a case of miscariage rape justice case on your head.

Your damn block brain talk as if you are not a Nigerian. Why didn't the girl mentioned Wande Cole or Timaya or Olamide or Don J name but can only remember D Banj name?

You better get lost. I repeat if he is not broke where N1.5billion coming from? We know the game he just want to stick to the figure to scare any potential helper who may want to take up the case out of pity for the girl.

Go and profile D Banj immediate past life you will be shock. He is a roughian and very crude when it come to babes.

Get lost mr rapist apologist.
Shut up! Nobody is scaring anybody. She doesn't have any evidence and evidence is vital in winning a case in court. Cases are not won on bases of emotions and sentiments. He who accuse must prove
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by AfroKnight: 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
asanwafo:
After losing endorsement worth 45m abi?

Wetin him go do? The deal is gone.

The only thing left is to sue her to clear his name so future deals can come.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
Xisnin:

How is she desperate to bring the guy down?

How do you bring down a guy in a country where people get away with crimes
even when caught live on TV?
Women when u are raped, report to the appropriate authorities firstly do not go to social media to get attention. Social media is not a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
After what she saw in the hands of Police who he trusted to help her investigate the matter you think she will now trust the courts? lol guy try reason the matter from the girls side. The whole legal system in this country is stacked in favour of the rich. It's like that to some extent in every country but naija own dey too much.

This matter shouldn't have been to hard too investigate. Check records and security footage at the hotel from that night and speak to witnesses who interacted with both individuals that night to be able to trace their movements . She doesn't have the ability to carry out this kind of sweeping investigation herself. She needed a law enforcement agency to do it and that's why she reported to the police. D'banj bought off and used same police to harrass her. you now wan't her to go to court. To prove what exactly? when she couldn't even get an investigation.

the sooner we the masses understand the way the Nigerian system works and how those with power manipulate it in their favour, the better for our own welfare and safety.
She knew that why did she engage in such level of media trial?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by asanwafo: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
Elder0001:

The fact that she doesn't have evidence doesn't mean dbanj didn't rape her.

Rape cases are hard to prove, we both know most Nigerian guys are coded rapists who love forcing girls into having sex with them.
Therefore women should avoid every situation that will expose them to rape.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by WizzyVine: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
ObaKlaz:
To say the girl was 'intimidated' and the fine is 'outrageous' is VERY uninformed of you, considering the damage done to D'banj's NAME AND BRAND. The ex-manager's story will remain a mere tattle tale, with lack of surefire evidence to corroborate it. EVIDENCE OR NO CASE! My stand on this issue is not hidden. You try to present yourself as being unbiased, but your arguements betray where your tent is pitched.

Dbanj's manager made a public statement about the matter. The statement implicated him. If he is sure of himself, he should sue his ex-manager for defamation, and character assassination.

The truth is that, rape allegations are difficult cases to unravel, especially when the victim leaves a gap of many days before voicing it out. Since such incidences ocur in the absence of everybody, if the victim fails to shout and draw attention during the incidence, there's no way such allegations can ever be proven in the future.

I'm a man with a name myself, I should pitch my tent with Dbanj who is also a man like me. That's the natural thing to do, but I pitch no tent with anyone. My stand is that justice prevails.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by CzarChris(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2020
My opinion is simple, even though it might not matter much.

D'BANJ should follow this case up to its logical conclusion, if she proves d'banj raped her, then he should face the music, if at the end of the day, it is proved beyond every reasonable doubt that she lied against him, either to gain popularity or blackmail him, then she should pay for damages or rot in hell.

People should honestly start taking responsibility for their actions.

If D'banj drops these charges against her, I will personally sue him for misleading the public and disregard for public trust.

Someone must be used as an example, else this nonsense will continue.

PS: I'm not joking about suing D'banj, I'll do it.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 26, 2020
ObaKlaz:
You're very sly, aren't you? Justin Bieber has also sued his accuser for $20m; that's intimidation too, huh? Mtcheew!
never said suing is harassment. I clearly said D’banj had every right to address the issue through the courts, both criminal and civil. It is the use of police to intimidate and detain her that I consider harassment. You dig?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by 21cents: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
never said suing is harassment. I clearly said D’banj had every right to address the issue through the courts, both criminal and civil. It is the use of police to intimidate and detain her that I consider harassment. You dig?
bro you keep shouting this certain "use of police to intimidate'' on every page on this thread like you've got prove to your claim.

something wey dbanj don put for court. wetin concern am with police again?

or you think if had done that, Sega and other bitter feminists wouldn't have been crying blue murder right now?

haba use your head na.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2020
21cents:
bro you keep shouting this certain "use of police to intimidate'' on every page on this thread like you've got prove to your claim.

something wey dbanj don put for court. wetin concern am with police again?

or you think if had done that, Sega and other bitter feminists wouldn't have been crying blue murder right now?

haba use your head na.
lol D’banj own friend and former manager said she was detained by police at some point. But keep ranting you hear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by searchng4love: 8:24am On Jul 26, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
lol D’banj own friend and former manager said she was detained by police at some point. But keep ranting you hear?
He's behind this nonsense

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Alanwalker(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Money wins again. He intimidated her with police and had access to better lawyers due to his wealth. The poor girl realized she didn’t stand a chance so she withdrew the case hoping to just forget the matter.

But this mans ego is so big and his heart so dark he just can’t let it go. He wants to finish her off. Sad.
Are you just trying to be dumb or biased
If he withdrew the case slowpokes like u will claim that he paid her to withdraw the case .
Now he's being wicked and intimidating
Because he sued her
You're stupid and a glorified asshole .

Justin Bieber even filed a lawsuit against his rape accusers .
Police stated clearly that it was because of" lack of evidence"

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Xisnin(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2020
asanwafo:
Women when u are raped, report to the appropriate authorities firstly do not go to social media to get attention. Social media is not a court of competent jurisdiction.
Who is this?
I see you are confused because of my stand.
People updates burglary, traffic robbery, kidnapping, corruption allegations and others on their social media feed.
How is that your problem?
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2020
Alanwalker:

Are you just trying to be dumb or biased
If he withdrew the case slowpokes like u will claim that he paid her to withdraw the case .
Now he's being wicked and intimidating
Because he sued her
You're stupid and a glorified asshole .

Justin Bieber even filed a lawsuit against his rape accusers .
Police stated clearly that it was because of" lack of evidence"

If you were not an slowpoke and illiterate you would have seen where I said:

1. D’banj has every right to sue and challenge her legally in court. He just doesn’t have the right to use police to detain and harass her illegally.

2. The same police who cleared him are the same police he had used to harass her. They were on his side from the start.

Now if you cannot reply to a post that didn’t mention you I’m anyway without insult then just get lost. And take D’banj cock out your mout you worthless son of a street harlot.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Babaibejii: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
DisLifeSha:
Your full family get money reach D'banj
p

No, but i still get money pass your full family and still doesnt change the fact the Niggar is broke and seeking cheap opportunity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Threatens To Sue A Store For Accusing His Crew Of Stealing Perfume / Davido Prays For Wizkid Over The Death Of His Mum / Photos From Omawumi & Tosin Yusuf’s Traditional Wedding In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.