Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition (33086 Views)

Blessing CEO Remanded In Prison Till May 30 Over Alleged Cyber-Bullying & Libel / Linda Ikeji's Counsel In Court To Defend N1bn Suit By NBM Of Africa Over Libel / Kiki Mordi Releases Phone Conversation She Had With Sega About Seyitan And Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Reptyle(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
NORSIYK:
Dbanji, you have succeeded in intimidating this girl to the extent of withdrawing the case and, you are going ahead to save your face by going ahead with the libel case

She claims she withdrew the case for personal reasons.

The accused has rejected her withdrawal and is pushing ahead with the case...she should be happy about that because it gives her an opportunity to go before a court and present facts to prove she was raped, without having it on her conscience that she may have been responsible for destroying somebody. This case eases whatever moral burden or hang-ups she might have.

She already has a lawyer and some money was raised for her by the feminist groups that supported her cause so money should not be a problem.

D'banj was accused, tried and judged on social media because of a mere statement made by this lady. The guy was the subject of ridicule and condemnation even by those he would normally consider close colleagues, associates and friends who were constrained to denounce him publicly in the harshest of ways. I can just imagine the tension this accusation would have put on his marriage and how much he may have lost in revenue due to this accusation.

Apart from his talent and street cred, the only other thing an artiste has is his reputation. This singular accusation negatively impacted all three aspects.

I support D'banj following through on this case 100%. I for one will continue to have questions about his personal integrity if he pulls out the case at this time. I feel for the lady and this isn't about exposing her to any punishment but for D'Banj to clear his name and save whatever is left of his dignity.

6 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Doyou2019: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
elpochas:
Were does he think that lady will get such huge amount of money from to pay him for damage.

No oo no be only she will pay. Sandra Ezekwesili and other Twitter feminists who urged her on to commit this libel have to linkup and pay up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by DisLifeSha: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Your full family get money reach D'banj
Babaibejii:
Dbanj is broke......see opportunity.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by ThatFairGuy1: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
ProfAmaben:
This is very good. Dbanj should sue her with everything he's got. Women like this have sent men to their early graves for no reason.

Let her prove her innocence in court not social media.

They turn small boys into Rapists, when they grow and display what they learnt, you start hearing Say No To Rape! Balderdash.
Who's in that picture please
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by elpochas: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
Doyou2019:

No oo no be only she will pay.
hahahaha
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Sunnyja: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
elpochas:
Were does he think that lady will get such huge amount of money from to pay him for damage.
Where the allegations came from.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by VHILL: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
And if it is true that he raped that girl and he is doing all these to her. Let God take control in Jesus name.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Justin Beiber was wrongly accused of rape and handled it like someone who was truly innocent

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/22/justin-bieber-refutes-sexual-assault-allegation-with-receipts-emails/

This is how someone falsely accused responds. Calmly, with reciepts and no anger what so ever. At no point did he bring in police to harass the accuser.

I was doubtful of the accusations against D'banj initially myself. His reaction however proved beyond any reasonable doubt to me that he did that sh*t mehn.
Beiber had the luxury of living in a country with more sensible persons. D'banj have that luxury. Also, Beiber and D'banj are not the same person, they're two different people and they have the right to react in different ways to situations. Over here, when a woman brings up a rape charge, people immediately believe her simply because she's a woman. Social media passes a guilty sentence on the man without evidence. What happened to "innocent until proven otherwise". He's right in the way he reacted. Do you know how many endorsements he has lost because of this charge? Do you know the strain he has been going through? Do you not know that one of your female friends who you have slept with can come one day to claim you raped her and everybody will say you're guilty? I'm sure in this scenario, you'll do worse than D'banj.

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by WizzyVine: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
ObaKlaz:
'Judge of heaven'! grin grin These simps and beta males won't stop cracking me up!

Quick question: why did she withdraw her petition, when she could forge ahead and have D'banj's snake of an ex-manager as her witness in court?

She's in for it and no judge of heaven - or whatever you called it can save her from this one.

Judge of heaven ko, George of the Jungle ni!

Neither you nor I were there when the incidence happened. We heard, and took sides based on our understanding of the matter. My viewpoint is founded upon the fact that the lady is a lone voice in the overall saga. She has no money to get good lawyers. She has also been intimidated by a ₦1.5b fine. The outrageousness of the fine itself speaks volumes.

Sometimes, court condemns the innocence and justifies the guilty if the innocent fellow is limited in his/her ability to pursue the matter. There are many innocent victims serving prison terms, and some have been executed.

There's no assurance that Dbanj's former manager will be willing enough to testify in court. We all heard what he said about the matter. That alone is enough to give this case some direction.

However, if Dbanj is really sure of himself, he should drag the manager also for defamation.

As for the Judge of Heaven whom you so deride. He isn't a fair Judge, He is a just Judge. He sees what we don't see. He will bring justice to light...and whether Seyitan or Dbanj, He will justify the innocent and condemn the guilty.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by WizzyVine: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
TemmyT002:

Haaa
May your mouth not kobalise you o. The manager said the lady spoke to him about it back then.
Chaiii

Yes, the manager said the lady reported the matter to him back then. He added that, he called Dbanj to verify the truth. Dbanj confirmed it but told the manager that he had compensated the lady by giving her $100.

If Dbanj is really sure of himself, he should drag the manager also for defamation.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Chingykay77(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
As for me I won't say d'banj raped her neither will I say he raped her but all I have to say is that whenever such incident(rape)happens report immediately to the appropriate people and let them do their research not coming out after 2,3,4 or may be even 10 years and then say He raped me in 2010 while we are in 2020.....
That's.......uncalled for
If rape happens call out such person immediately not necessarily that day or month but make sure it's that year
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by famzynet: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
NORSIYK:
Dbanji, you have succeeded in intimidating this girl to the extent of withdrawing the case and, you are going ahead to save your face by going ahead with the libel case
You must be a shame of a man to make this type comment.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Hedonisco: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
Xisnin:

You are right about her and her lawyer being foolish.

There was no settlement.
She can't afford a lawsuit and the police won't charge Dbanj because
there is no evidence aside from what she says.
No one will testify on her behalf for fear of backlash.
Her lawyer advised she withdraw the case to save herself from a ruinous lawsuit.
Unfortunately, her dumb lawyer did not get anything in return for the withdrawal.

Which makes her very stupid to come out in public to ruin a public figure's reputation when she knows she has zero evidence. Who does that?

I'll make sure she goes to jail or her family goes bankrupt if I was in Dbanj's shoes. There's nothing in the world I hate more than accusations that only depend on 'Na me talk am'. As who? Why should your word be taken as ultimate truth? No evidence nothing.

If you know you can't prove an allegation, shut up and die with it, rather than come public and ridicule yourself.

Rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Beiber had the luxury of living in a country with more sensible persons. D'banj have that luxury. Also, Beiber and D'banj are not the same person, they're two different people and they have the right to react in different ways to situations. Over here, when a woman brings up a rape charge, people immediately believe her simply because she's a woman. Social media passes a guilty sentence on the man without evidence. What happened to "innocent until proven otherwise". He's right in the way he reacted. Do you know how many endorsements he has lost because of this charge? Do you know the strain he has been going through? Do you not know that one of your female friends who you have slept with can come one day to claim you raped her and everybody will say you're guilty? I'm sure in this scenario, you'll do worse than D'banj.

The believe all women culture is worse in America. And no D'banj does not have the right to order police to harass and illegally detain someone because she accused him, he only has the right to challenge her in court. Asides those two points, you are mostly right.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by delpee(f): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Money wins again. He intimidated her with police and had access to better lawyers due to his wealth. The poor girl realized she didn’t stand a chance so she withdrew the case hoping to just forget the matter.

But this mans ego is so big and his heart so dark he just can’t let it go. He wants to finish her off. Sad.

Have you read the report of the guy who brought Seyitan to the show and who collected the room keys? There's a lot of doubts raised on this issue. The truth lies between them and God. Best for us not to judge.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Honeysweetest(f): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
NORSIYK:
my thoughts
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Honeysweetest(f): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hedonisco:

Which makes her very stupid to come out in public to ruin a public figure's reputation when she knows she has zero evidence. Who does that?

I'll make sure she goes to jail or her family goes bankrupt if I was in Dbanj's shoes. There's nothing in the world I hate more than accusations that only depend on 'Na me talk am'. As who? Why should your word be taken as ultimate truth? No evidence nothing.

If you know you can't prove an allegation, shut up and die with it, rather than come public and ridicule yourself.

Rubbish.
how are u sure is a mere accusations? because she withdraw the case?because there is no evidence?don't pretend blind to how our judicial system works,there are no evidence to lots of crime committed in this country,but it doesn't mean the crime did not take place.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Hedonisco: 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Honeysweetest:
how are u sure is a mere accusations? because she withdraw the case?because there is no evidence?don't pretend blind to how our judicial system works,there are no evidence to lots of crime committed in this country,but it doesn't mean the crime did not take place.

If there is no evidence then there is no crime! This is very important because if you allow any idiot without evidence to make an allegation, then numerous malicious idiots would make false allegations to ruin an innocent person. That will be the worst form of injustice... To be punished and have your life destroyed based on false and unproven allegations. No sane society can allow this kind of thing,

If you don't have evidence, forget it! True or false doesn't concern anybody because you simply can't prove it, so forget it! It's for the greater good, otherwise it will be easy to make false accusations.

2 Likes

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by NORSIYK(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
famzynet:

You must be a shame of a man to make this type comment.

You must be a rapist
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by juniorstar(m): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
why did it take her this long to sue dbanj. why didn't she go to a dr to properly document his finding. i know it can be a very difficult and traumatic experience but without proper documentation you have no case in court. am sure her lawyer understands it
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:

The believe all women culture is worse in America. And no D'banj does not have the right to order police to harass and illegally detain someone because she accused him, he only has the right to challenge her in court. Asides those two points, you are mostly right.
Slander is a criminal offence
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

I hope someday you're wrongly accused of rape, it's then you'll know how it feels.
Rape is wrong.
False accusations is also wrong

The fact that she doesn't have evidence doesn't mean dbanj didn't rape her.

Rape cases are hard to prove, we both know most Nigerian guys are coded rapists who love forcing girls into having sex with them.
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:

And your type of dumbness is the problem with our youth today. I hope your wife or gf is one day raped by a rich and powerful man who can buy off the legal system and use law enforcement to bully her into silence.. This is my prayer for you this morning.
See mumu dey talk of youths, Lolss. You were there when dbanj raped the woman. Why not pick up the case on the woman's behalf? Your prayer is a very correct one. Watch out. Idiot

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by savage76(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
jrusky:

You are the main Dummy and dumbass for becoming a suspected rapist online lawyer.

You should be track by police and investigated because I'm really sure you must be one of those nought rapist apologist for taken a case of miscariage rape justice case on your head.

Your damn block brain talk as if you are not a Nigerian. Why didn't the girl mentioned Wande Cole or Timaya or Olamide or Don J name but can only remember D Banj name?

You better get lost. I repeat if he is not broke where N1.5billion coming from? We know the game he just want to stick to the figure to scare any potential helper who may want to take up the case out of pity for the girl.

Go and profile D Banj immediate past life you will be shock. He is a roughian and very crude when it come to babes.

Get lost mr rapist apologist.

Sorry to say sir...you are not among the wise...you live on conspiracy theories instead of facts.

1 Like

Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Proffdada: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
All is just a front to clear his name from the crime. He's been guilty the whole time. It'll soon end up as he drop charges. It's all a game/showbiz
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by Proffdada: 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
NORSIYK:
exactly o! He doesn't want Nigerians to suspect him grin. This movie and its plot twists is written and directed by a Nollywood veteran grin
Re: D’Banj Continues ₦1.5 Billion Libel Case As Seyitan Withdraws Petition by seanwilliam(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Money wins again. He intimidated her with police and had access to better lawyers due to his wealth. The poor girl realized she didn’t stand a chance so she withdrew the case hoping to just forget the matter.

But this mans ego is so big and his heart so dark he just can’t let it go. He wants to finish her off. Sad.
you are a wicked human being.. I just pray you become great in life and someone accuses wrongly when you are in the zenith

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Prays For Wizkid Over The Death Of His Mum / Photos From Omawumi & Tosin Yusuf’s Traditional Wedding In Warri / Tekno Releases Teaser To His New Jam,Drake Reacts. (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.