Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword (6148 Views)

The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin... Why don't u post the complete akure tradition let us know...

Weren't they documented by the same Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi...

U urself posted an excerpt that stated that Benin invaded ekiti.. but when it's used against u...U claim to want to hear the other side.. Pure clown...

Goan read abt Deji osupa.. or isn't it in Akure tradition..

Dapper writes abt Benin
Yoruba: he is exaggerating

He writes abt the relationship with other villages
Yoruba: He's lieing...

Obviously Tao was with the Akure as at early 19th century to know that the Benin invasion was a lie

Pls help us with the complete akure tradition

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
So.. OmoOlofin... Are u telling me that Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi were forced to write what dinnor happen or what is it

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
For some reason.. bots keep banning me if I quote Tao11

Well abt ur feeble minded claims that Benin never conquered Akure

See the pics below...
It was Posted by u grin
Coded2

Etinosa123456:
Lol... The fact that your Yoruba historians were to document them, that shows that they were true...
Lol. No history doesn’t work as simplistically as your mind works. Not at all. grin

What makes Egharevba’s account a classic, for example, is not simply because of his Bini heritage, not at all.

Rather, it is because the sources of his information on Benin is the Bini court historians, etc.

And many of his statements which relate to Ife are in turn indeed corroborated by Yoruba accounts of Ife.

The second pic was posted by u... Obviously the books u post, u don't believe them

The fact that u posted this means that u believed it as true..... Despite the contradicting reports eso from Yoruba history that oranmiyan came instead of ife
grin No, the fact that I posted the first screenshot in reply to an ignorant Bini means that he must shut up and accept what his fathers said.

But if you want to impose your fathers‘ statements on the Yorubas, then that’s where we draw the line and check what our own sources say.

But in this case my sources agree with your fathers’ at least to the extent that your first Oba was a Yoruba man from Ife.

Regarding the second screenshot, which you’ve been latching on to for long as evidence, first of all the red highlight mentions Yoruba regions where cloths were made to rescue Benin people from n@kedness.

The other part of this screenshot depicts invasions from Benin Kingdom into these frontier Yoruba regions.

So, if invasions and kidnapping is your latest evidence for imperial rule, then we can all agree that Aje from Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom because of his invasions..

Just as Ogedenbe from Ilesha also ruled Benin kingdom. Sighs! The inferiority complex here is thick. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
So.. OmoOlofin... Are u telling me that Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi were forced to write what dinnor happen or what is it
No they weren’t forced. grin They collected traditions about various places including about Benin — but they didn’t necessarily collect it from the places the traditions relate to.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
OmoOlofin... Why don't u post the complete akure tradition let us know...
This is as dumb as asking anyone to provide Benin traditions.

While that request is dumb and vague there are clear denials from these kingdoms which refute the supposed Benin rule.

And I will cite some in the nearest time.

Weren't they documented by the same Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi...
I’d be waiting for your evidence of these accounts been collected by Johnson or Oguntuyi from Ekiti, etc.

U urself posted an excerpt that stated that Benin invaded ekiti.. but when it's used against u...U claim to want to hear the other side.. Pure clown...
Benin invaded Ekiti = Benin ruled Ekiti.

This is getting more Interesting. grin

Okay let’s see the second leg of the equation.

Aje from Ibadan invaded Benin kingdom = Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom.

Bini dullards make me loose IQ.

Goan read abt Deji osupa.. or isn't it in Akure tradition..
Can you stop your moronic Deji Osupa rant and provide evidence that these kindoms corroborate Benin claims.

Dapper writes abt Benin
Yoruba: he is exaggerating

He writes abt the relationship with other villages
Yoruba: He's lieing...
No one said is lying. Stop deluding yourself and yet believing it. That’s the beginning of insanity actually. grin

In case you were reading the back of your phone, my clear statement was that Dapper was documenting accounts emanating from Benin Kingdom.

So, if there is any lie (and of course there is because of the contradiction from the supposedly ruled kingdoms), then it isn’t Dapper who is a liar but the Binis who are deluded liars.

Obviously Tao was with the Akure as at early 19th century to know that the Benin invasion was a lie
No I don’t have to be with with Akure to know whether or not they corroborate the Bini account of imperial rule.

I just have to examine the statements precisely emanating from that kingdom.

Pls help us with the complete akure tradition
Akure traditions were not missing at any time. grin

My point is that there is no corroboration of imperial Benin rule from these kingdoms.

Moreover, the standard Benin titles of Oridje, Ovie, et al. are not present in their history — another blow.
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:

Lol...why don't u give us the full copy of Akure tradition ...lets judge and compare...

Benin history doesn't say that it was invaded by any ogedengbe...

So since u are making assertions... U can as well post a Benin account saying that Benin was invaded by ogedengbe...

And as well... U should also provide a Benin account that said Benin were still roaming naked as at 19th century... since u want to be mad

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
This is as dumb as asking anyone to provide Benin traditions.

While that request is dumb and vague there are clear denials from these kingdoms which refute the supposed Benin rule.

And I will cite some in the nearest time.

I’d be waiting for your evidence of these accounts been collected by Johnson or Oguntuyi from Ekiti, etc.

Benin invaded Ekiti = Benin ruled Ekiti.

This is getting more Interesting. grin

Okay let’s see the second leg of the equation.

Aje from Ibadan invaded Benin kingdom = Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom.

Bini dullards make me loose IQ.

Can you stop your moronic Deji Osupa rant and provide evidence that these kindoms corroborate Benin claims.

No one said is lying. Stop deluding yourself and yet believing it. That’s the beginning of insanity actually. grin

In case you were reading the back of your phone, my clear statement was that Dapper was documenting accounts emanating from Benin Kingdom.

So, if there is any lie (and of course there is because of the contradiction from the supposedly ruled kingdoms), then it isn’t Dapper who is a liar but the Binis who are deluded liars.

No I don’t have to be with with Akure to know whether or not they corroborate the Bini account of imperial rule.

I just have to examine the statements precisely emanating from that kingdom.

Akure traditions were not missing at any time. grin

My point is that there is no corroboration of imperial Benin rule from these kingdoms.

Moreover, the standard Benin titles of Oridje, Ovie, et al. are not present in their history — another blow.

Long speech.. why don't u bring ur version of Akure history let's see what it said abt Deji osupa... Since u want to hear from both sides

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2020
U want to hear from Both sides... Apparently Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi were siding with the Benin

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2020
Also... When u are through with Deji osupa... Read abt Deji odundun... Then tell me how it contradicts Benin history
OmoOlofin is really expecting to hear a truthful story from a conquered village

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
I am glad you’ve impliedly admitted to having no evidence of corroboration from these Yoruba kingdoms. grin

Etinosa123456:
Lol...why don't u give us the full copy of Akure tradition ...lets judge and compare...
I’m not sure what you’re on about here.

You’ve failed to demonstrate any corroboration of the Benin story from these Yoruba kingdoms.

So, it is my duty to now demonstrate from the traditions of these regions that the imperial rule from Benin was a fiction.

And I will do just that. Be patient. grin

Benin history doesn't say that it was invaded by any ogedengbe...

So since u are making assertions... U can as well post a Benin account saying that Benin was invaded by ogedengbe...
Lol. You’re trying hard to be sly, but you fail to realize that you’re dealing with an individual who is many steps ahead of you.

I mentioned two invasions of Benin kingdom from the Yoruba country — Aje’s invasion from Ibadan and Ogedengbe’s invasion from Ileha.

For Aje’s invasion refer to Bradbury’s “Benin Kingdom and the Edo Speaking People’s of Southern Nigeria”.

For Ogedengbe’s invasion refer to Ognomo’s ”Constructing a Precolonial Owan Chronology and Dating Framework”.

So, do you still stand on the dumb idea that invasion = imperial rule ?? Sighs! I can’t believe I had to ask this question.

And as well... U should also provide a Benin account that said Benin were still roaming naked as at 19th century... since u want to be mad
Okay I will provide that as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
I am glad you’ve impliedly admitted to having no evidence of corroboration from these Yoruba kingdoms. grin

I’m not sure what you’re on about here.

You’ve failed to demonstrate any corroboration of the Benin story from these Yoruba kingdoms.

So, it is my duty to now demonstrate from the traditions of these regions that the imperial rule from Benin was a fiction.

And I will do just that. Be patient. grin

Lol. You’re trying hard to be sly, but you fail to realize that you’re dealing with an individual who is many steps ahead of you.

I mentioned two invasions of Benin kingdom from the Yoruba country — Aje’s invasion from Ibadan and Ogedengbe’s invasion from Ileha.

For Aje’s invasion refer to Bradbury’s “Benin Kingdom and the Edo Speaking People’s of Southern Nigeria”.

For Ogedengbe’s invasion refer to Ognomo’s ”Constructing a Precolonial Owan Chronology and Dating Framework”.

So, do you still stand on the dumb idea that invasion = imperial rule ?? Sighs! I can’t believe I had to ask this question.

Okay I will provide that as well.

Lol...U are posting Bradbury work.... Does that also make Robert Smith work valid....?

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
U want to hear from Both sides... Apparently Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi were siding with the Benin

Etinosa123456:
Also... When u are through with Deji osupa... Read abt Deji odundun... Then tell me how it contradicts Benin history
OmoOlofin is really expecting to hear a truthful story from a conquered village
One would have thought their full names would be Orodje Osupa, etc.

Etinosa: These places are conquered.

Me: Evidence ??

Etinosa: Well, the Binis made that claim, and some Yoruba writers documented it although they didn’t get it from the said kingdom.

Me: A Bini dullard simply being himself.
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
So OmoOlofin... What abt the assignment I gave u ... Have u done it...

Have searched abt Deji osupa and his son... Or u are waiting for the real Akure version

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Lol...U are posting Bradbury work.... Does that also make Robert Smith work valid....?
The difference: Bradbury collected his account from the said people who were invaded. Not from 3rd party hearsay.

Gosh! I’m discussing with a pre-schooler.
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
So OmoOlofin... What abt the assignment I gave u ... Have u done it... Have searched abt Deji osupa and his son... Or u are waiting for the real Akure version
You’re hiding your incompetence and shame behind the word “assignment”. Lol.

If everyone pretended to be giving assignments, I could have argued (if that’s even an argument) that if you visit the palace of these Yoruba kingdoms, then you would find them refuting the Benin claims. Lol.

But obviously, go find my evidence for me is that’s obviously a dumb argument . cheesy

And for the umpteenth time, don’t you think the titles of these kings should have made them Orodje, etc. just as you have among the Itsekiri-Yoruba people ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2020
Now to the accounts from these kingdoms as promised:

Watch this space! grin But before then, many of the fightings which ensued from the Benin invasions involved heavy casualties on both sides — and with Benin being completely routed and defeated on different occasions. smiley

Modified:
[/size]On the whole then, there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko. An interesting perspective on this subject was given by the Oore of Otun to this author during visits to the Otun palace in the 1970s.* According to the Oore, the true picture was that Ekiti kingdoms did not really see Benin as an enemy. The comings of Benin’s armed men were few and very far between; no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none. The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him. In Ado and Akure where bloody battles occurred, there were a special factors at work.” ~ S.A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People”, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.216-217.

Here you have an account emanating directly from the conferences region, and which in clear terms contradict the Bini fantasies.

Provide me with such direct account from the same region which supports the Benin fiction of imperial rule.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:

One would have thought their full names would be Orodje Osupa, etc.

Etinosa: These places are conquered.

Me: Evidence ??

Etinosa: Well, the Binis made that claim, and some Yoruba writers documented it although they didn’t get it from the said kingdom.

Me: A Bini dullard simply being himself.

Tao: Akure wasn't conquered by Benin
Me: but it was documented in Robert Smith work
Tao: it's False, it doesn't corroborate with akure tradition
Me:But Oguntuyi and Samuel Johnson supported it
Tao:its a lie, they didn't hear it from the realll akure
Me:can somebody be this foolish

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Tao: Akure wasn't conquered by Benin
Me: but it was documented in Robert Smith work
Tao: it's False, it doesn't corroborate with akure tradition
Me:But Oguntuyi and Samuel Johnson supported it
Tao:its a lie, they didn't hear it from the realll akure
Me:can somebody be this foolish
You keep confirming that you’ve been reading from the back of your phone. grin

I have stated the original 17th century sources which popularized the Bini account.

I’m then quite shocked that you still regard it a rocket science that Johnson’s work or Oguntuyi’s among several later works has the account.

Listen up lad, an account isn’t true for the simple reason that it is found within certain books. Rather, it is true because the actual sources to which it relates confirms it to be so.

The similitude of this is that: Bradbury’s account of Yorubas invasion of Benin kingdom is not true merely because it is found in Bradbury’s work.

Rather, it is true because it was collected by Bradbury from the actual people said to have been in invaded.

I refuse to accept that you’re too dull to comprehend this. cheesy

Having said that, I have posted an example of such non-corroboration from one of the Yoruba Kingdoms involved. Refer above.

Have you any such direct account from the said Yoruba kingdoms which corroborate the Benin fictions ??

Moreover, do you still equate invasion to mean imperial rule so that Yorubas can begin jubilation their long-forgotten rule if Benin kingdom ?? Lol.

Yorubas unlike Binis aren’t dumb and insecure actually.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
You’re hiding your incompetence and shame behind the word “assignment”. Lol.

If everyone pretended to be giving assignments, I could have argued (if that’s even an argument) that if you visit the palace of these Yoruba kingdoms, then you would find them refuting the Benin claims. Lol.

But obviously, go find my evidence for me is that’s obviously a dumb argument . cheesy

And for the umpteenth time, don’t you think the titles of these kings should have made them Orodje, etc. just as you have among the Itsekiri-Yoruba people ??

are u scared to read abt Deji osupa?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
You keep confirming that you’ve been reading from the back of your phone. grin

I have stated the original 17th century sources which popularized the Bini account.

I’m then quite shocked that you still regard it a rocket science that Johnson’s work or Oguntuyi’s among several later works has the account.

Listen up lad, an account isn’t true for the simple reason that it is found within certain books. Rather, it is true because the actual sources to which it relates confirms it to be so.

The similitude of this is that: Bradbury’s account of Yorubas invasion of Benin kingdom is not true merely because it is found in Bradbury’s work.

Rather, it is true because it was collected by Bradbury from the actual people said to have been in invaded.

I refuse to accept that you’re too dull to comprehend this. cheesy

Having said that, I have posted an example of such non-corroboration from one of the Yoruba Kingdoms involved. Refer above.

Have you any such direct account from the said Yoruba kingdoms which corroborate the Benin fictions ??

Moreover, do you still equate invasion to mean imperial rule so that Yorubas can begin jubilation their long-forgotten rule if Benin kingdom ?? Lol.

Yorubas unlike Binis aren’t dumb and insecure actually.

U tend to confuse ur self...
So there were actually 17th century reports(most likely eyewitness reports) on the conquering of akure but they are not true because they didn't go to meet the invaded... This is the biggest meaning of foolishness

So where is the complete and original Akure history that says that they were not defeated by the Benin... no time for any long speech... I want to go to bed

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
are u scared to read abt Deji osupa?
Lol. Fuel has finished. cheesy

Okay I will read it of course from some random internet blogs, and that should suffice as enough evidence that the story truly emanated from the Akure kingdom, and confirms Benin rule. Lol.

The bitter tears of a dying sore loser. Fair enough! Lol. grin

Why do you lose daily?? I wonder how you sleep! grin
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:
U tend to confuse ur self...

So where is the complete and original Akure history... no time for any long speech... I want to go to bed
Which one did you see yet which denies Benin fictions??

Once you acknowledge the one you’ve seen, I will move to the next one. Waiting.

So there were actually 17th century reports(most likely eyewitness reports) on the conquering of akure but they are not true because they didn't go to meet the invaded... This is the biggest meaning of foolishness
First of all, If Dapper’s 17th century account is what you call eyewitness report, then I’ve been discussing Calculus with a preschooler. Lad, Dapper (who was the first to record such account) never left Europe all his life.

But that’s not the big deal, the big deal is that his account was based on hearsay information brought back by visitors to Benin.

And if you must claim that any of the visitors witnessed the supposed rule of these kingdom by Benin, then you must be willing to also provide your evidence —Onus probandi.

Moreover, are still insisting that invasion and fighting = imperial rule??

Are Bini this dull?

Do you then admit that Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom because of the invasion of Benin kingdom by Aje which is admitted by the indigenous Edo’s people as documented by Bradbury.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Lol. Fuel has finished. cheesy

Okay I will read it of course from some random internet blogs, and that should suffice as enough evidence that emanated from the Akure kingdom, and confirms Benin rule. Lol.

The bitter tears of a dying sore loser. Fair enough! Lol. grin

Why do you lose daily?? I wonder how you sleep! grin
Lol... The same way u deny losing this argument is also the same way u lament when someone leaves u to roam abt in ur foolishness
So when will u post the original Akure history or the Akure man hasn't start publishing it yet

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Which one did you see yet which denies Benin fictions??

Once you acknowledge the one you’ve seen, I will move to the next one. Waiting.

Just the real Akure report that says that Benin didn't defeat Akure is what I'm asking for... There are 17th century reports. And even ur excerpt says that Dapper was present when Benin invaded Akure but without guns... But u claim it to be Benin fiction..

Oya post the real story of akure ...

If u cant.. I'll take it as u have nothing to say and are only trying to waste my time

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

[s]Lol... The same way u deny losing this argument is also the same way u lament when someone leaves u to roam abt in ur foolishness
So when will u post the original Akure history or the Akure man hasn't start publishing it yet[/s]
Evidence that e enter die. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Just the real Akure report that says that Benin didn't defeat Akure is what I'm asking for...
Which is one is “real Akure report” ?? grin Fraudulent people be making up words. cheesy

There are 17th century reports. And even ur excerpt says that Dapper was present when Benin invaded Akure but without guns... But u claim it to be Benin fiction..
Dangers of lying:

First of all, I never said any such stupid thing.

Secondly, Dapper never stepped outside of the Netherlands throughout his entire life. grin

Oya post the real story of akure ...
Stop making up words for the sake of fraud?? What is the real story of Akure ?? — Do you mean an account from Akure side of the story which does not corroborate the Benin fictions?? grin

If u cant.. I'll take it as u have nothing to say and are only trying to waste my time
Says a joke who said Dapper was at Benin and witnessed Benin ruling Yorubas.

Says a dullard who implied that Ibadan ruled over Benin Kingdom. grin

Says a dingbat who failed to support his Benin stories with corroboration from the actual kingdoms involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:

Watch this space! grin But before then, many of the fightings which ensued from the Benin invasions involved heavy casualties on both sides — and with Benin being completely routed and defeated on different occasions. smiley

Modified:
[/size]On the whole then, there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko. An interesting perspective on this subject was given by the Oore of Otun to this author during visits to the Otun palace in the 1970s.* According to the Oore, the true picture was that Ekiti kingdoms did not really see Benin as an enemy. The comings of Benin’s armed men were few and very far between; no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none. The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him. In Ado and Akure where bloody battles occurred, there were a special factors at work.” ~ S.A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People”, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.216-217.

Here you have an account emanating directly from the conferences region, and which in clear terms contradict the Bini fantasies.

Provide me with such direct account from the same region which supports the Benin fiction of imperial rule.
Me:Up to 5 historians even ur best historians accepted the fact that eastern Yoruba was under Benin influence
Tao: No they are all false... Unless they come from my daddy Akintoye

Wow.... Suddenly the best historian of Yoruba history is wrong because u want to be rightgrin

More strangely ..U believe oral fiction....

Well.. Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi think otherwise ... Perhaps don't u think Samuel Johnson wouldn't be wise enough to know which tradition was lieing against his culture and trash them?... But no... He documented it because it was true... Read an excerpt from him once again

While northern and western Yorubaland contended with invasion from the Fulani and Dahomeans, the kingdoms of the East were suffering from the renewal of Benin Westward expansion. this apparently began in the early years of the 19th century during the reign of Oba obanosa. First part of Owo kingdom was brought under the obedience of Benin.Then in the reign of Oba osemwede, Akure was reconquered and Ekiti overrun. The Benin forces at a time established a base at Otun and installed a new Deji to watch over the interest of the ekiti colony
Sources Oguntuyi pp36-41, S.Johnson(1921)pp 390-1, S. Johnson(1921) pp455, R. L and J. Lander(1832)p315

Obviously u don't understand especially if u haven't read abt Deji osupa

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Which is one is “real Akure report” ?? grin Fraudulent people be making up words. cheesy

Dangers of lying:

First of all, I never said any such stupid thing.

Secondly, Dapper never stepped outside of the Netherlands throughout his entire life. grin

Stop making up words for the sake of fraud?? What is the real story of Akure ?? — Do you mean an account from Akure side of the story which does not corroborate the Benin fictions?? grin

Says a joke who said Dapper was at Benin and witnessed Benin ruling Yorubas.

Says a dullard who implied that Ibadan ruled over Benin Kingdom. grin

Says a dingbat who failed to support his Benin stories with corroboration from the actual kingdoms involved.

To the clown that posted this when it favors him and reject it when it doesn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]You really want to do this,

Am asking do you want me to interfere.... Watch your mouth i i didnt come for you i came for my edo brothers

I have wasted you enough.....

Anyway i am still waiting for my evidence

My edo brother would not let you be with their ogiso moonlight tales[/s]

gregyboy:
[s]TAO11 am still waiting for your evidence

I hope you havnt forgetting

My benins brothers are disturbing you from my assignment, but find spare time to reply me,

Am currently reading the debate i promise not to interfere[/s]
gayboy, fist of all I’ve successful rendered you a nuisance on Nairaland to the extent that you’re now being denied by your own Edo people. Interesting. grin

Secondly, what you term as “waiting for evidence” is actually a further evidence of your slowness and mental retardation. grin

You dumb request is similar to requesting that you need a picture of your brain in order to really believe that you have a brain.

And this despite the different independent doctors’ reports confirming to you, after series of tests, that there is some organ (called brain — although useless) sitting right within your cranium. grin

Does one really have to break-down your dumbness to you before you realize it?

Are you that dull that you can’t really figure out how dull you are ?? cheesy

I warned that you should stop disgracing your innocent family all over Nairaland. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

To the clown that posted this when it favors him and reject it when it doesn't
Lol. The attachment simply shows that:

(1) Yorubas clothed the Binis

(2) And that there were invasion from Benin into the eastern Yoruba territory.

Nowhere does it talk about the Benin ruling over these Yoruba kingdoms unless you equate wars to mean ruling people.

Moreover, Aje invaded Benin kingdom and took captives. Are you prepared then to accept that Ibadan ruled Benin Kingdom?

Has desperation and inferiority complex really done so much damage to your brain? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Me:Up to 5 historians even ur best historians accepted the fact that eastern Yoruba was under Benin influence
Tao: No they are all false... Unless they come from my daddy Akintoye

Wow.... Suddenly the best historian of Yoruba history is wrong because u want to be rightgrin

More strangely ..U believe oral fiction....

Well.. Samuel Johnson and Oguntuyi think otherwise ... Perhaps don't u think Samuel Johnson wouldn't be wise enough to know which tradition was lieing against his culture and trash them?... But no... He documented it because it was true... Read an excerpt from him once again

While northern and western Yorubaland contended with invasion from the Fulani and Dahomeans, the kingdoms of the East were suffering from the renewal of Benin Westward expansion. this apparently began in the early years of the 19th century during the reign of Oba obanosa. First part of Owo kingdom was brought under the obedience of Benin.Then in the reign of Oba osemwede, Akure was reconquered and Ekiti overrun. The Benin forces at a time established a base at Otun and installed a new Deji to watch over the interest of the ekiti colony
Sources Oguntuyi pp36-41, S.Johnson(1921)pp 390-1, S. Johnson(1921) pp455, R. L and J. Lander(1832)p315

Obviously u don't understand especially if u haven't read abt Deji osupa
Is this an evidence that you’ve failed to engage the refutations and thus have to run back to your already refuted square-one?? grin

To refute this again I would simply post the link from the point where this particular comment of yours got debunked. You may then read on from there again ad-infinitum. cheesy

Now take it from the link below and match forward from there till you arrive again at the beginning adinfinitum: grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make/2#93963857

See desperation and inferiority complex. Nonsense and Dapper came to Benin. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:02am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Is this an evidence that you’ve failed to engage the refutations and thus have to run back to your already refuted square-one?? grin

To refute this again I would simply post the link from the point where this particular comment of yours got debunked. You may then read on from there again ad-infinitum. cheesy

Now take it from the link below and match forward from there till you arrive again at the beginning adinfinitum: grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make/2#93963857

See desperation and inferiority complex. Nonsense and Dapper came to Benin. grin

Are u so quick to forget that u said that Benin didn't invade ekiti
I'm beginning to think you have amnesia
OmoOlofin:

Modified:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Hausas/Fulanis Started Calling Igbos 'Yamiri' / Which Culture Is The Best / Masquerade Kills 16yrs Old Girl In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.