Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword (6180 Views)

The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

See tears... She's unable to prove that Deji osupa wasn't removed grin

Does that mean you accept that Benin conquered Akure and installed a new Deji

grin

Lol calm down small

Please biko leave her alone you don do collateral damage to her, pardon her she ought to be on a research isolation right now, on the evidence i asked her to bring, if you keep doing this she will find excuse not to go

Can you imagine she told me they found some Maltose cross on ife sculpture i said i need to see some puctures of it,
Ans: she started insulting her fams.....

I also asked her to prove the ife sculptures were made in ife and if the sculptures represented ife cultures or they were alien to ife, or probably the sculpture were simply bought from art vendors by the ife people i only asked her for proves?

Again she insulted her family as the answer and how nairaland has seen her face before

She equated dahomey recognition to ife as being
East of dahomey and how they equated ife as the rising sun from the east east and they prayed to it,
I also asked her for the evidence and she gave the usual insult to her families

I just want to appeal to you to let her be so she can find time to bring all this evidence to me

You have crushed her enough.... With her peaceful infiltration stories.....

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etrusen(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=93990476]

Lol calm down small

Please biko leave her alone you don do collateral damage to her, pardon her she ought to be on a research isolation right now, on the evidence i asked her to bring, if you keep doing this she will find excuse not to go

Can you imagine she told me they found some Maltose cross on ife sculpture i said i need to see some puctures of it,
Ans: she started insulting her fams.....

I also asked her to prove the ife sculptures were made in ife and if the sculptures represented ife cultures or they were alien to ife, or probably the sculpture were simply bought from art vendors by the ife people i only asked her for proves?

Again she insulted her family as the answer and how nairaland has seen her face before

She equated dahomey recognition to ife as being
East of dahomey and how they equated ife as the rising sun from the east east and they prayed to it,
I also asked her for the evidence and she gave the usual insult to her families

I just want to appeal to you to let her be so she can find time to bring all this evidence to me

You have crushed her enough.... With her peaceful infiltration stories..... [/quot

�������
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
TAO11:
Part 1: One of the lines in Benin Kings’ praise poetry goes as follows:

Ovbi’ Ada, Ovbi’ Eben — meaning: the son of the owner of the Ada and Eben.

Inherent within this praise poetry is the fact that Benin kings do not claim to be the owners of these symbols, but rather the son of the owner.

Furthermore, another line in the praise poetry of the Benin kings goes as follows:

[s]Abieyuwa n’Ovbi’ Oodua n’Uhe — the son of the wealthy Oodua of Ife.[/s]

From these two lines alone found within this Benin Kings’ praise poetry, it becomes obvious who the owners of the symbols are.

By the way, the use of ceremonial swords as part of the official emblems of office in Yoruba kingdoms are very wide spread throughout Yorubaland.

I can recall off the top of my head certain remote Yoruba kingdoms that have absolutely nothing to do with Benin historical where these symbols are part of the emblems by virtue of their Ife origin.

But a prime example is the Oyo kingdom where the original sword of office (called Ida Oranmiyan) must be returned to Ife for reconsecration as part of the rites for an incoming Alaafin. The same applies to the Omo n’Oba as someone as rightly pointed out here.

Part 2: Bini traditions admit that these symbols were introduced to ‘Benin’ during the reign of the second Ogiso — Ogiso Ere.

But most folks aren’t patient enough to care about what the same traditional Benin accounts have to say about the historical identity of the early Ogisos.

In relation to this, the world’s leading historian of ancient Benin, Dmitri M. Bondarenko informs based on received extant Benin traditions as follows:

The third Ogiso became the last in their Yoruba, Ife line. He returned to Ife but by that time the very institution of the supreme suprachiefdom ruler had already been established firmly enough in Benin, disregarding its outside origin and correspondence to the level of sociopolitical organization, not achieved by the Bini yet.” ~ Dmitri M. Bondarenko, “The Benin Kingdom (13 – 19 Centuries)as a Megacommunity”, September 2015, p.54.

In other words, the earliest three Ogisos — according to extant ‘Benin’ accounts — were actually emissaries of the Ife rulers from the Yoruba country on a mission to introduce monarchy to ‘Benin’ just as they were doing in the Yoruba country and in some other parts of the Guinea forest in general.

Cheers!

Wow i never saw this thread oya lets awaken it

Desperado the stroke was gotten from a non edo website, gotten from an igbo website
Igbofender website

Check the benin praise name gotten from an edo website if you see the stroke there i will deactivate my account

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.beninedostudies.org/uploads/1/1/7/0/11700969/o%25CC%25A3mo%25CC%25A3re%25CC%25A3gbe%25CC%25A3___e%25CC%25A3vbuo%25CC%25A3mwan_the_pragmatics_of_e%25CC%25A3do__praise_expressions__.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwifiq3myqXtAhUr5eAKHYb7ChsQFjARegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3tS1yNCMNMqdbaQ1b50n8a&cshid=1606578561243
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etrusen(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Wow i never saw this thread oya lets awaken it

Desperado the stroke was gotten from a non edo website, gotten from an igbo website
Igbofender website

Check the benin praise name gotten from an edo website if you see the stroke there i will deactivate my account

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.beninedostudies.org/uploads/1/1/7/0/11700969/o%25CC%25A3mo%25CC%25A3re%25CC%25A3gbe%25CC%25A3___e%25CC%25A3vbuo%25CC%25A3mwan_the_pragmatics_of_e%25CC%25A3do__praise_expressions__.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwifiq3myqXtAhUr5eAKHYb7ChsQFjARegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3tS1yNCMNMqdbaQ1b50n8a&cshid=1606578561243

TAO11 Is always trying to use fake words that have no meaning to support her claim just like the ovbi Ada ovbi Eben praise

and the ovbi oodua n uhe praise.

my brother ( gregyboy )
if you listen to Akobeghian 10 years anniversary song when a chief ( I have really forget his name ) was singing praises to the Oba that just passed in a song Akobeghian started by saying

" Erediauwa gha do legbe re
No do diauwa n edo

meaning : Erediauwa will one day come again to become Oba again.

if you listen to that akobeghian anniversary song you will find it there.
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Etrusen:

TAO11 Is always trying to use fake words that have no meaning to support her claim just like the ovbi Ada ovbi Eben praise

and the ovbi oodua n uhe praise.

my brother ( gregyboy )
if you listen to Akobeghian 10 years anniversary song when a chief ( I have really forget his name ) was singing praises to the Oba that just passed in a song Akobeghian started by saying

" Erediauwa gha do legbe re
No do diauwa n edo

meaning : Erediauwa will one day come again to become Oba again.

if you listen to that akobeghian anniversary song you will find it there.

Is it an edo website nope, akobeghian used it, because he choosed too

Listen to ancients benin oba praises you will never hear it do you want to bet on it
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etrusen(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Is it an edo website nope, akobeghian used it, because he choosed too

Listen to ancients benin oba praises you will never hear it do you want to bet on it

I understand what you are saying

I mean the person in question that used this word is not Akobeghian but a palace chief that used the words

talking about website and praise you must understand that it doesn't matter because praise is just something you think will please the person you are saying it to

so you can you anything

what the palace chiefs always do is combining ancient Benin to form words that will please or make the Oba smile or happy.

so sometimes you can't always find those words in your said web
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 12:00am On Nov 29, 2020
Etrusen:

I understand what you are saying

I mean the person in question that used this word is not Akobeghian but a palace chief that used the words

talking about website and praise you must understand that it doesn't matter because praise is just something you think will please the person you are saying it to

so you can you anything

what the palace chiefs always do is combining ancient Benin to form words that will please or make the Oba smile or happy.

so sometimes you can't always find those words in your said web

You still believe on the Oduduwa shit, when we debated this issue the thread spanned to 53 pahe lots of citation here and there and it gave birth to many other thread i think you need to visit the thread too

Is ths praise name ancient that is the question you should be asking i grew up already knowing most of the oba praise name one way or the other

We ate tdying to remove myth from our history so we can have time to look at other aspects of it

Please dont yoeubanise our history
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etrusen(m): 3:48am On Nov 29, 2020
gregyboy:

You still believe on the Oduduwa shit, when we debated this issue the thread spanned to 53 pahe lots of citation here and there and it gave birth to many other thread i think you need to visit the thread too

Is ths praise name ancient that is the question you should be asking i grew up already knowing most of the oba praise name one way or the other

We ate tdying to remove myth from our history so we can have time to look at other aspects of it

Please dont yoeubanise our history

ok

are you in Benin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Many Nigerian Girls in nigeria have sugar daddy(aristo) / The History Of Legendary Ohafia War Dance / Ogun Aworo Fun Oja Tita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.