Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,838 members, 7,956,163 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword (6157 Views)

The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / See The Traditional Attire Of Kuteb People / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:06am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Lol. The attachment simply shows that:

(1) Yorubas clothed the Binis

(2) And that there were invasion from Benin into the eastern Yoruba territory.

Nowhere does it talk about the Benin ruling over these Yoruba kingdoms unless you equate wars to mean ruling people.

Moreover, Aje invaded Benin kingdom and took captives. Are you prepared then to accept that Ibadan ruled Benin Kingdom?

Has desperation and inferiority complex really done so much damage to your brain? grin
So are u now saying it contradicts ur akintoye work or u just want to be foolish

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make/3#93968897

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:12am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Are u so quick to forget that u said that Benin didn't invade ekiti
I'm beginning to think you have amnesia
Benin didn’t invade Ekiti?? undecided

Where did you read that from? Quote the specific line, or attach an highlighted screenshot. grin

My point has been that invasion is not imperial rule, otherwise Aje’s invasion would have meant that Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom.

Invasion simply means fighting was brought to ones doorstep, and in some of the cases Benin was embarrassingly defeated.

Don’t feel too inferior and desperate, lad. Or tears seem to have flooded your eyes?? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:14am On Sep 16, 2020
But Tao.... why haven't u found out who is Deji osupa..its not supposed to be that Hard na

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:16am On Sep 16, 2020
[center][/center]
OmoOlofin:

Where did you read that from? Quote the specific line, or attach an highlighted screenshot. grin

My point has been that invasion is not imperial rule, otherwise Aje’s invasion would have meant that Ibadan ruled Benin kingdom.

Invasion simply means fighting was brought to ones doorstep, and in some of the cases Benin was embarrassingly defeated.

Don’t feel too inferior and desperate, lad. Or tears seem to have flooded your eyes?? cheesy

The great liar at it again.
https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make/3#93967010

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:18am On Sep 16, 2020
Benin was embarrassingly defeated
Source;U supposed believe me na

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:19am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

So are u now saying it contradicts ur akintoye work or u just want to be foolish

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make/3#93968897
You seem to be a grade “A” dullard. The attachment you keep posting contains two basic information:

(1) That Benin were clothed by the Yorubas whom knew about clothes long enough.

(2) And that Benin invaded some of these Yoruba kingdoms.

Where did you read about anything contradicting the other ?? grin Wipe the tears from your eyes so you can see clearly.
Having said that, your problem seem to be that you continue to equate invasion to mean one and the same thing as rule. No, such equation is dumb and can only come from a dullard. grin

But even if you want to be dumb, then at least be consistent with it and treat Aje’s invasion of Benin kingdom in equal dum light.

In other words, you should concede stupidly that since Aje from Ibadan invaded Benin Kingdom and raided it, then Benin Kingdom was once ruled by Ibadan.

The dumbness here stinks actually. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:21am On Sep 16, 2020
Benin didn't invade ekiti
OmoOlofin:
Now to the accounts from these kingdoms as promised:

Watch this space! grin But before then, many of the fightings which ensued from the Benin invasions involved heavy casualties on both sides — and with Benin being completely routed and defeated on different occasions. smiley

Modified:
[/size]On the whole then, there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko. An interesting perspective on this subject was given by the Oore of Otun to this author during visits to the Otun palace in the 1970s.* According to the Oore, the true picture was that Ekiti kingdoms did not really see Benin as an enemy. The comings of Benin’s armed men were few and very far between; no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none. The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him. In Ado and Akure where bloody battles occurred, there were a special factors at work.” ~ S.A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People”, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.216-217.

Here you have an account emanating directly from the conferences region, and which in clear terms contradict the Bini fantasies.

Provide me with such direct account from the same region which supports the Benin fiction of imperial rule.
Minutes later
OmoOlofin:

U are not even consistent with your lies

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 12:23am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:

gayboy, fist of all I’ve successful rendered you a nuisance on Nairaland to the extent that you’re now being denied by your own Edo people. Interesting. grin

Secondly, what you term as “waiting for evidence” is actually a further evidence of your slowness and mental retardation. grin

You dumb request is similar to requesting that you need a picture of your brain in order to really believe that you have a brain.

And this despite the different independent doctors’ reports confirming to you, after series of tests, that there is some organ (called brain — although useless) sitting right within your cranium. grin

Does one really have to break-down your dumbness to you before you realize it?

Are you that dull that you can’t really figure out how dull you are ?? cheesy

I warned that you should stop disgracing your innocent family all over Nairaland. grin

TAO11 do you have boobs if yes send me pictures

Am i being too hard on you

Ok.send me an article from dahomey that atest ife to the east and how they worshiped ife and recognised it as the sun from the east......

grin grin........

And pictures of your boobs or, i dont believe it

Note: when two benins are talking i expect you to keep shut and stay far,

Bunch of mouthed cowards

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:
Benin didn't invade ekiti

Minutes later

U are not even consistent with your lies
You seem to be a pathological liar who believes his own lie.

Or you’re very confident that your fellow Binis are dullards and they would believe anything even with the contrary evidence is starring hard at them. cheesy

Quote out the line where I wrote that Benin did not invade any Ekiti, you Bini slave-liar?? grin

They invaded just as Aje invaded Benin Kingdom in a normal war context.

Only in the minds of an inferior dulllard is invasion equal to imperial rule. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:31am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:
But Tao.... why haven't u found out who is Deji osupa..its not supposed to be that Hard na
I have asked you to stop hiding your incompetence by asking me to go and read a story.

The whole point of having a debate is to provide your relevant evidence which proves your case when challenged to dos so.

It is irresponsible to say well my father has the evidence online so go read it there.

Etinosa123456:
Benin was embarrassingly defeated
Source;U supposed believe me na
I could choose to play your games and similarly ask you to go and read up on the story of the top Benin military commands names Iken to see how he was wasted by the eastern Yorubas in one of the Benin invasions. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
You seem to be a pathological liar who believes his own lie.

Or you’re very confident that your fellow Binis are dullards and they would believe anything even with the contrary evidence is starring hard at them. cheesy

Quote out the line where I wrote that Benin did not invade any Ekiti, you Bini slave-liar?? grin

They invaded just as Aje invaded Benin Kingdom in a normal war context.

Only in the minds of an inferior dulllard is invasion equal to imperial rule. cheesy
See contradiction
OmoOlofin:

Watch this space! grin But before then, many of the fightings which ensued from the Benin invasions involved heavy casualties on both sides — and with Benin being completely routed and defeated on different occasions. smiley

Modified:
[/size]On the whole then, there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko. An interesting perspective on this subject was given by the Oore of Otun to this author during visits to the Otun palace in the 1970s.* According to the Oore, the true picture was that Ekiti kingdoms did not really see Benin as an enemy. The comings of Benin’s armed men were few and very far between; no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none. The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him. In Ado and Akure where bloody battles occurred, there were a special factors at work.” ~ S.A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People”, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.216-217.

Here you have an account emanating directly from the conferences region, and which in clear terms contradict the Bini fantasies.

Provide me with such direct account from the same region which supports the Benin fiction of imperial rule.

And there was a caught

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
I have asked you to stop hiding your incompetence by asking me to go and read a story.

The whole point of having a debate is to provide your relevant evidence which proves your case when challenged to dos so.

It is irresponsible to say well my father has the evidence online so go read it there.

..but u said the account by Samuel Johnson were not true because they didnt come from akure pple demselves.. so I asked u to read abt Deji osupa but u haven't because there is yet no account that support ur lies

5 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:38am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:

I could choose to play your games and similarly ask you to go and read up on the story of the top Benin military commands names Iken to see how he was wasted by the eastern Yorubas in one of the Benin invasions. grin

Well I just googled iken and saw nothing... when I'm less busy.. I'll dig deeper
Why don't u just search Deji osupa.. just try to scratch the surface

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:38am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Why are u contradicting ur self like dis
Quite already. You’ve just Benin exposed. grin

Benin expeditions into Ekiti is not the same as Benin didn’t conduct invasion into Ekiti. In fact, those are opposite statements.

Uncle, why are you such a shameless liar? grin Answer oo. cheesy

Etinosa123456:

See contradiction

And there was a caught
Did you actually have to resort to pathological lying?? grin You began disgracing yourself publicly in the hope that you will save-face.

The statement you keep bringing up has the following words:

“... there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko”.

Yet this means to you that the Binis did not invade Ekiti. I have done a huge damage to your existence tonight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2020
If according to akintoye most ekiti pple never saw Benin armed men... then how did they have an invasion

OmoOlofin:
Did you actually have to resort to pathological lying?? grin You began disgracing yourself publicly in the hope that you will save-face.

“... there was not much of actual fighting in the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko”.

Yet this means to you that the Binis did not invade Ekiti. I have done a huge damage to your existence tonight.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Well I just googled iken and saw nothing... when I'm less busy.. I'll dig deeper
Why don't u just search Deji osupa.. just try to scratch the surface
Talking about googling and seeing nothing.

Here is Iken attached, so you lied. grin Now go read about his death using your method of providing evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:

Why are u contradicting ur self like dis
OmoOlofin:

Modified:

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:45am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Talking about googling and seeing nothing.

Here is Iken attached, so you lied. grin Now go read about his death using your method of providing evidence.

So did the internet ban u from searching for Deji osupa

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:
If according to akintoye most ekiti pple never saw Benin armed men... then how did they have an invasion
Now after being exposed as a pathological liar, we just have to pretend that you didn’t make any such allegation against me claiming that I said Ekiti wasn’t invaded by Binis. grin Inferiority complex gallore! I pardon you for that, you’re a Bini. Lying is essential. Benin kingdom needs it. grin

Having said, Akintoye never said anywhere in that quotation that most people never saw Benin armed men.

Rather he said the quote opposite — that is, most generation saw one of such invasions.

To quote again:

“... no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none.”

Me: Why do you love to lie, Etinosa.

Etinosa: What do you expect? I be confirm Bini boy. grin

Me: Understandable

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 12:49am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:
So did the internet ban u from searching for Deji osupa
Because it is dumb of you to expect me to prove your dumb case for your dumb self.

I hope this answers your dumb question.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:53am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:

Modified:

OmoOlofin:
Now after being exposed as a pathological liar, we just have to pretend that you didn’t make any such allegation against me claiming that I said Ekiti wasn’t invaded by Binis. grin Inferiority complex gallore! I pardon you for that, you’re a Bini. Lying is essential. Benin kingdom needs it. grin

Having said, Akintoye never said anywhere in that quotation that most people never saw Benin armed men.

Rather he said the quote opposite — that is, most generation saw one of such invasions.

To quote again:

“... no generation of Ekiti people witnessed two of such, most generations saw none.”

Me: Why do you love to lie, Etinosa.

Etinosa: What do you expect? I be confirm Bini boy. grin

Me: Understandable
Omo see lies...

Ur Akintoye says The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. [b]Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him.

So how does this translate to an invasion or Akintoye is just dumb grin
OmoOlofin:

Modified:

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Because it is dumb of you to expect me to prove your dumb case for your dumb self.

I hope this answers your dumb question.

See tears... She's unable to prove that Deji osupa wasn't removed grin

Does that mean you accept that Benin conquered Akure and installed a new Deji

grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 12:57am On Sep 16, 2020
Energy dey to search iken but no energy to search Deji
grin grin.. Na wa oo
Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 1:10am On Sep 16, 2020
Ur Claims is that the fact that Benin never conquered Akure is because they didn't corroborate Akure accounts
TAO11:

You keep running away from one flogging to another flogging. You’ve left Ada after the disgrace and cling to Ekiti, etc. grin Na still flogging go end am.

Now to this, I never claimed there wasn’t any such account in circulation.

My argument, if you haven’t been reading from the back of your phone, was clearly that:

These accounts emanate originally from Benin itself; became popularized by early European writers starting from Dapper, 1600s; but are never corroborated by the accounts from these particular kingdoms themselves, viz. Owo, Akure or Ekiti, etc.

Every bit of your comment shows that you’ve been following this thread from the back of your phone. grin

Desperate sad kid, aka Etinosa. cheesy

That's why I'm referring u to read what happened to Deji osupa...

if u mention me without saying how Deji osupa reign on the throne, I won't reply u

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 1:11am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Omo see lies...

Ur Akintoye says The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. [b]Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him.

So how does this translate to an invasion or Akintoye is just dumb grin
Blood of Zacharrias! shocked I think I’m convinced that catarrh is what you have stuffed in your brain. grin

So, I have to break this down again? Na wa oo. grin

(1) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that:

Some Ekiti kings consider Benin king as “brother”.

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means SOME consider him to be “brother”; and even if all of them did, that doesn’t eliminate invasion and fightings.

Yorubas people fought themselves, and Benin Kingdom rose against itself in civil war.

(2) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that: Paying tribute to the Benin king was out of the question.
Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin kingdom never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means that Benin Kingdom never ruled this territory as an overlord.

(3) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that: Ekiti never fought Benin in coalition with others but only did so solo.

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin Kingdom never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means that Ekiti fought Benin kingdom only solo but never in coalition with others.

Sighs!

And the same account where our dullard Benin student quotes from had the following opening:

“ ... the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko....”

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin Kingdom never invaded Ekiti.

Me breaking things down to his level: No, it means the exact opposite — i.e. that Benin Kingdom actually did.

Sighs again! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 1:14am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:
Energy dey to search iken but no energy to search Deji

grin grin.. Na wa oo
I brought up Iken and I had to disgrace you for your lie that no Bini by such name even via a quick google search.

But for your so-called Orodje Osupa, grin you brought that up. So refer below for the response.

Etinosa123456:
Ur Claims is that the fact that Benin never conquered Akure is because they didn't corroborate Akure accounts

That's why I'm referring u to read what happened to Deji osupa...

if u mention me without saying how Deji osupa reign on the throne, I won't reply u
It is dumb to refer to me elsewhere in the middle of a discussion.

Bring forward your evidence and prove how it helps your case. That’s the point of a debate in the first place.

I could as well pretend that you should read up everything I’ve been saying by yourself, and as such I have made my case.

How such excuse is not dumb to you is beyond me. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by OmoOlofin: 1:19am On Sep 16, 2020
Etinosa123456:

See tears... She's unable to prove that Deji osupa wasn't removed grin

Does that mean you accept that Benin conquered Akure and installed a new Deji

grin
Lol. I have once schooled your brother earlier on the term called onus probandi. Familiarize yourself with that and stamp that with the following:

You are not allowed to randomly bring up a claim and then insist that it is your interlocutor who must prove otherwise.

No it is you who brought up the claim who that the burden to prove your case.

Otherwise, people will leave their homes and return with many burden to prove themselves ‘innocent’ because some random crack-heads are busy having fun accusing people without any responsibility to prove their own accusation.

I hope this summary should help you catch the strap. So, I’d be waiting for your evidence

But still you will have to demonstrate how the supposed evidence helps prove your case that Benin Kingdom ruled these Kingdoms from the corroboration of these kingdoms themselves. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 1:23am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Blood of Zacharrias! shocked I think I’m convinced that catarrh is what you have stuffed in your brain. grin

So, I have to break this down again? Na wa oo. grin

(1) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that:

Some Ekiti kings consider Benin king as “brother”.

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means SOME consider him to be “brother”; and even if all of them did, that doesn’t eliminate invasion and fightings.

Yorubas people fought themselves, and Benin Kingdom rose against itself in civil war.

(2) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that: Paying tribute to the Benin king was out of the question.
Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin kingdom never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means that Benin Kingdom never ruled this territory as an overlord.

(3) Akintoye wrote based on received Ekiti traditions that: Ekiti never fought Benin in coalition with others but only did so solo.

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin Kingdom never invaded Ekiti land.

Me breaking things down to his level: No it means that Ekiti fought Benin kingdom only solo but never in coalition with others.

Sighs!

And the same account where our dullard Benin student quotes from had the following opening:

“ ... the Benin expeditions into Owo, Ekiti and Akoko....”

Etinosa’s deduction: This means that Benin Kingdom never invaded Ekiti.

Me breaking things down to his level: No, it means the exact opposite — i.e. that Benin Kingdom actually did.

Sighs again! grin

But English go hard for u ooo

Ur Akintoye says The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings.Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. Forming a coalition to fight him was also out of the question — and so, for the most part, was making even solo preparations to fight him.

The last statement says that making solo preparation to go to war is out of the question... Stop trying to lie blatantly...

Ekiti kingdoms didn't see Benin as an enemy
Tao's brain raised to minus 2: That is an invasion

Forming coalition was out of the question
Tao's brain raised to minus 2:That's an invasion

for the most part.. making solo preparation to fight
Tao's brain raised to minus 2:That is an invasion

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by Etinosa123456: 1:25am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:
I brought up Iken and I had to disgrace you for your lie that no Bini by such name even via a quick google search.

But for your so-called Orodje Osupa, grin you brought that up. So refer below for the response.

Bring forward your evidence and prove how it helps your case. That’s the point of a debate in the first place.

I could as well pretend that you should read up everything I’ve been saying by yourself, and as such I have made my case.

OmoOlofin:
Lol. I have once schooled your brother earlier on the term called onus probandi. Familiarize yourself with that and stamp that with the following:

You are not allowed to randomly bring up a claim and then insist that it is your interlocutor who must prove otherwise.

No it is you who brought up the claim who that the burden to prove your case.

Otherwise, people will leave their homes and return with many burden to prove themselves ‘innocent’ because some random crack-heads are busy having fun accusing people without any responsibility to prove their own accusation.

I hope this summary should help you catch the strap. So, I’d be waiting for your evidence

But still you will have to demonstrate how the supposed evidence helps prove your case that Benin Kingdom ruled these Kingdoms from the corroboration of these kingdoms themselves. grin
OmoOlofin:

Lol.... U claimed that Akure tradition contradicts the one of Benin on the invasion of akure...
I brought out three sources that showed that Benin conquered Akure,ekiti and owo...
U started running from the argument saying that they were propagated by Benin people and were false... So if they were false, then why did ur historians include lies in their work(Maybe the Edo witch factor Sha)
(Assuming it was Egharevba, we'd have said it's because it's Benin but they are Yoruba... Obviously they'd been wise enough to reject it as false...nor be today historian first dey reject something)

U brought only one that talked abt ekiti alone that is even confusing ur soul sef(whether Akure is under ekiti sef)

Then I referred u to find out about Deji osupa...

So run along boy and do some research...grin

Besides..U brought the iken up and I tried to search ... U didn't even attempt to search urs..

Whyyyy? grin

So when u Tell me what u find abt Deji osupa and how it aligns with Benin history... I might reason ur matter

Goodnight...End of discussion

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Ooni Of Ife Make Use Of The Traditional Edo Eben Dancing Sword by gregyboy(m): 1:56am On Sep 16, 2020
OmoOlofin:

gayboy, fist of all I’ve successful rendered you a nuisance on Nairaland to the extent that you’re now being denied by your own Edo people. Interesting. grin

Secondly, what you term as “waiting for evidence” is actually a further evidence of your slowness and mental retardation. grin

You dumb request is similar to requesting that you need a picture of your brain in order to really believe that you have a brain.

And this despite the different independent doctors’ reports confirming to you, after series of tests, that there is some organ (called brain — although useless) sitting right within your cranium. grin

Does one really have to break-down your dumbness to you before you realize it?

Are you that dull that you can’t really figure out how dull you are ?? cheesy

I warned that you should stop disgracing your innocent family all over Nairaland. grin

The words of s scornful lady are directed to her
consort kinsmen

TAO11 if you have boobs send me as evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Culture Is The Best / Masquerade Kills 16yrs Old Girl In Delta State / Francophones Speak Good French But Nigerians Barely Speak English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.