Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (60594 Views)

Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by internationalman(m): 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nooil:

Apply that same self-control to all human beings, and you'll never have regret in life.

Thanks for your advice
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Karlifate: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Boss13:

It was an empty seat. You cannot lay the blame on the men who saw empty seats and decided to occupy it. The ladies could have expressed their interest to the ushers and even at that the ushers still have the responsibility to either relocate the men or the women. It is not the right of the women to claim seats in an event where they are guests. Bush people should learn etiquette. If I was the host I will throw the ladies out too.
You make sense. The empty seat was a PUBLIC SEAT & not designated to anybody.

Entitlement mentality has clouded their social etiquette.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by UKBobo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

How it happens in saner climes is that the ladies would have approached the host or an usher to help them secure their seats. Or get the hell out of the party and get a new chair when they return. The narrator in question owes nobody any explanations

It's called social duty...unwritten but key in society, like social trust. Both elements of which are completely missing in naija. So it's just crabs in a barrel, atavisitic/regressive behaviour. Which leads to CHAOS.

When ni55erians start to accept social responsibility and not just personal, that is when tins go better... grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by IamPlato(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
internationalman:

A Potential simp..

I slapped my girl back the day she slapped me first... Now imagine what would happen if a total stranger girl slaps me..

The only women I don't touch no matter what are pregnant women and very old women..
see This One, you Slapped your Girl And You Are Proud... What Did You Do To Make Her Slap You first?

Your Type Will Still Beat Pregnant Women To Death
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You care too much about what others think of you. It is okay to be self-aware but the right thing to do is to avoid a retaliation or an escalation of the drama, and report her to a higher authority. You can go to the police station and make a complaint.

This nockmedia is a female moniker that's how girls talk, they talk like people that don't av sense of reasoning at all or they are just so entitled and just chose to be men haters at every opportunity otherwise i dont see y a man would be talking this nonsense at the context of this situation, av u ever been bullied by bitter misandrist, men haters and witches coven feminist girls b4 like Kiki mordi that falsely attacking dbanj, they are so annoying that even if u want t leave, they would drag u back and tear ur shirt, that is enough to make any gentleman deeply aggravated, y didn't the girl go and report to the higher authority or lay a complaint to the police station in d first place, that would have stopped this whole frenzy from escalating!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by holytribe(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
stanliwise:
one thunder slap that brings stars is just enough. When in public girls dont back out. But a good slap leave a good memory
lol

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nooil:

Apply that same self-control to all human beings, and you'll never have regret in life.

You're pathetic, a hypocrite and you're so full of shit...

You reek of double standards to the marrow..
So women shouldn't have self control? Why don't you preach this nonsense gospel to your fellow women so they'd stop biting more than they can chew?
And I'm sure you're a feminists too...
Seriously you deserve to die fighting boko Haram in sambisa forest since we're all equal

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Elsiedaniels(f): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
Here
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Liposure: 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Women are bad at consequential thinking. They don't think or care about consequences. They just act as animals unlike men who are logical and think things thoroughly before they act.

Look at how men, through thinking, created partriachy, how they structured society and created a system where men have to sacrifice their own lives to protect and be responsible for women.

Now that women have their voices heard run society alongside men, do they look like they care about men even though it is the same men who protects women?
If men pulled out of the police, army, Do women look like they can protect themselves from goats, dogs and monkeys?

No, they don't care about consequences.

When a woman hits a man, the man owes it to humanity to correct her thinking. By beating her so hard to the point that next time she wants to hit a man, She'll think of the consequences.

That is how I treat women. This is not about hating women. forcing
standing ovation

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
bettermike:

You need to stop this thoughtless campaign of yours.

Everyone should be treated equally.

One question for you bro.

What if your neighbour makes an attempt to kill you.

So you will be talking gently like this because it is a woman abi?

That's a female moniker, address her 4 wat she actually is!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Liposure: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nooil:

So if a pregnant and old woman behaves the same way the girls did, you won't react? May I know your reasons?

And please don't tell me because they are old or pregnant, because those girls in the story might be suffering from a disease which could cause them to collapse if you all your hands on them.

The same way you will restrain yourself with a pregnant woman, learn to restrain yourself with a woman.
i like your angle
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by colestephan86: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:

But ladies can raise their hands on a man?
If a lady slaps you, make sure u slap her back, don't wait one second.
A cautious lady won't raise her hand on a guy cos of the gender trash.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
UKBobo:

It's called social duty...unwritten but key in society, like social trust. Both elements of which are completely missing in naija. So it's just crabs in a barrel, atavisitic/regressive behaviour. Which leads to CHAOS.

When ni55erians start to accept social responsibility and not just personal, that is when tins go better... grin

Oga you're not the bench mark for societal duties.. it is not a must
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by IamPlato(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
emmyN:
One of the most foolish statements I've come across is, "Never raise your hands on a lady no matter what". How about never raise your hands on any of the gender? sad
people Like You Will Beat their wife To Death.

Were You Born Yesterday?

Or Dont You Know That Women Naturally Push You To The extreme in Most Situations. You Just Apply Self Control And Common Sense
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Xzydar(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
smiley
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Kaybaba5(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
The girls were at fault. I'm not going to take their side b/c they're females. They were 100% in the wrong.

1. Them leaving their seats made them available to anyone else, which is what happens in public settings involving seatings. Unless their names were on the chairs, they should've accepted that the seats were no longer theirs once they got up.

2. The physical assault [which is what it is] was started by one of them who threw juice on his face. I don't blame him for retaliating by pouring a can of whatever on her b/c anyone would've done the same thing in that moment. In fact, another dude would've likely hit her after this but he simply did the same thing she did to him, which I'm not going to blame him for at all.

3. The physical assault was further continued by her when she grabbed him and tore his skin w/ her nails, which again, made him retaliate and which I can't blame him for b/c she had gone too far.

Clearly, the girls felt somewhat entitled and Idk why. They were wrong on all three counts.

Gbamuuu...

Courrrrrrtttttt

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by sowilli: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Liposure:
bro, that seat was not meant for them alone it was meant everybody including the guys. Standing up would offset the balance of equality
how can you want to claim a right and defend equality with fools? Do you think everyone who shouts equality, feminism are okay? If it was a mad woman dressed in rags and looking dirty with a cane in her hand, would you go on to fight because you want to debate equality? The message is simple, when a woman who looks normal start saying and doing things a madwoman would say and do, leave her alone. She is only close to her valley.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Arijude(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
you are a pure pvssy mehn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Karlifate: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Korllami007:

I understand you better. Even if the ladies left the sits and returned home permanently, no one should sit on it because those girls are world presidents.
As you know yourself, it's an event. So the moment you left your sit without leaving anyone to guard it for you, just know your sit might be taken or changed to another place before you came back since it's not a reserved sit for a special guest.

It's common sense.
They are feeling entitled because of a PUBLIC SEAT.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by pattybf(f): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Before we could rush down, the girl had a bleeding nose and a red swollen face.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Do you want equality or not?
Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.

30 naira sense is all I see!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

That's why feminism is DOA in Africa too...

And trust me, the guys in question were people of no Importance.

Yes, it's DOA and it's better for everyone. What the girls did was terrible. But after emptying the juice on her, what happened to hold her down with his hands rather than slapping and blowing her. What if she collapsed and died? We should all learn self control. Put your reputation first. Look at how they were thrown out of the wedding like dogs. Something they could have avoided.

I've experienced a similar situation during my nysc where a female teacher asked me to stand up from a chair that she was formerly sitting. She was rude about it too. Looking at her physically, I knew I could beat the shit out of her. But to what end? It was a school, the children were there, the teachers were there. I couldn't portray such bad behavior. What did I do? I talked to her calmly. I told her I'm sorry for sitting on her seat, and that I'm busy right now, she should give me some time. She smiled and said ok. She went and looked for another seat.

This same lady fought with the proprietor some months later, and guess what, one of the corpers was advising the proprietor and sited what happened between me and the girl in the past and how I did not retaliate. I was used as a good example.

See, you need to learn the act of mediation. Life is not all about war. Know when to jaw to get the best out of life. Don't deprive yourself of good things because you don't want to be seen as a simp. People are watching.

Look at this guy telling the story, why didn't he intervene? He just sat there watching. If that guy had hit that girl in a spot and she died, he would still stupidly come and tell us the sad story.

If those guys had not acted indifferently and had just spoken calmly to the girls, they would have found another seat. Everyone would have enjoyed the wedding. People need to learn how to be the bigger person. However, humility is not for the weak.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by acetylcholine(f): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
But what they did is totally unacceptable!

Na to arrange correct beating for them after reception sure pass. If you can't fight, don't lay your fingers on someone 1st.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

glad you said a lady, not a mad lady, cos I go beat mad lady like say she owe me money....I go beat her reach house.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ubunja(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Yeah I understand you..
But I don't think it's right to give women the perception that they can always get away with such brazzen display of impudence just because they have a vagina. It will get into their heads and more men will be assaulted. We need to speak against it and condemn it totally till the society starts frowning against assault by any gender.
it's too late. They already know.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Arijude(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

your are a correct pvssy mehn
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by anayolity: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You piss me off Bro..... if a random woman raise her hand on me for no reason ,I will break her neck and face the consequences!

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Liposure:
i like your angle

Thanks boo
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by mariahAngel(f): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
LordKO:

You've been making sense even before Nigeria got her independence. By the way, tell me the mod that banned your other moniker, let me prepare hot e-slap I'll send him/her in case Arsenal wins Watford with at least 7 - 0 margin today.

Are we not being hard on Arsenal? I think they're already saving the life of that silly mod grin
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by futurerex: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Pus.sy nigga.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Karlifate: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
spiralwedge:
A small girl, a school leaver, demanded that i leave my seat at NIMC Alausa, Ikeja, because she was there earlier before she went somewhere. When I got there, no bag or anything was on it and nobody told me someone was there.
So I refused.

She and her friends insulted me and mocked me. She threatened to call her military uncle and I told her I would wait for him.

That girl is simply cursed. I'm not sure anything good can come out of her life.

Children of these days are uncouth and lack home training, especially the girls. The agbayas forming feminists probably raised them alone hence the unleashed societal terrorists we've been hearing on news lately and high rate of divorce also.
Nawa for dat girl o.
On the flip side, some "men", old enough to be their father will be busy chasing them up & down. Why won't they be feeling pompous & full of entitlement mentality....
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MrColdsweat: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
IamPlato:
shut up that is not pussy worshipping.

common sense would have stop the guy from embarrassini himself but jollof rice and drink don block him sense.

if somebody challenges you to a seat they previously occupied, just give up the seat and avoid trouble,

The same way those ladies should have applied wisdom and walked away when they discovered that the sit has been taken.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Whenever a lady tries to get violent with you as a guy, the best thing to do is to walk away from the heat of the moment.
ma people like you dey give girls the liver to disrespect guys like you...keep walking away sogbo awon set Craig David.... Mr walking away

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Dead Snake Hanging On Man's Door In Anambra (photos) / Baby Snake Found Inside A Chair At A Relaxation Center / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander (New Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.